MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Panorama Documentary - MADELEINE 10 YEARS ON - May 3rd, 9pm * Plus ....BBC issues correction re the Fund

+23
dogs don't lie
dannii
Birdy
costello
Dee Coy
Poe
espeland
Bampots
TheTruthWillOut
Helenmeg
handrash
What's_up_doc?
chrissie
candyfloss
Andrew
unreorganised
wjk
PMR
Admin
Mimi
froggy
mumof6
Freedom
27 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Panorama Documentary - MADELEINE 10 YEARS ON - May 3rd, 9pm   * Plus ....BBC issues correction re the Fund - Page 3 Empty Re: Panorama Documentary - MADELEINE 10 YEARS ON - May 3rd, 9pm * Plus ....BBC issues correction re the Fund

Post  candyfloss Thu 04 May 2017, 10:44 am

Pat Brown lots of tweets re Panorama, here are some...

PAT BROWN‏ @ProfilerPatB ·

BBC1's Panorama, a brilliant piece of propaganda. First, you present the theory that the #McCann s were involved, then you discredit it all.

BBC1's Panorama: Bad original Portuguese police. Good Scotland Yard. Good new PJ who now agree with SY. The #McCann s are innocent. The end.

If you think the Panorama documentary was balanced, you have fallen for a clever trick of media manipulation; it was a guided tour. #mccann

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Panorama Documentary - MADELEINE 10 YEARS ON - May 3rd, 9pm   * Plus ....BBC issues correction re the Fund - Page 3 Empty Re: Panorama Documentary - MADELEINE 10 YEARS ON - May 3rd, 9pm * Plus ....BBC issues correction re the Fund

Post  Poe Thu 04 May 2017, 10:53 am

Put me on the not going to watch it list as well.

I'm finding all the games being played in the press and on tv at the moment sordid and absolutely sickening.

Madeleine was a child, a little girl who should have had a long and happy life and should be treated with all respect due to a fellow human being.

The media should tell the truth or not say anything.

IMO and rant over.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 04 May 2017, 11:00 am

@Mimi and Freedom (ETA - to add Poe). You should watch it and see what you think afterwards.

As I said before, in the grand scheme and compared to the usual fawning tripe from the MSM, then it wasn't that bad. Imo, anyway.

Clarence didn't get that much air time, thank god. And he just comes across as really desperate now that he's probably sick of his own voice. But he's stuck with that one. Just like he's stuck to the McCanns for ever.

The Commander Simon Foy bit was worrying though I must say.

The new director chap, as TTWO said, was not giving much away at all. But I think it's fair to say he has a very good idea of what actually happened.

I think the Beeb showed a programme that they could just about get away with without being pulled by lawyer threats etc.

Clips of the dogs and GA's video/book etc were good for a prime-time slot on British TV.

For the average Joe who knows nothing about the case and watched that then it would be a bit of an eye opener. As proved when spoken to a few people (who know nothing about the case) this morning.

So not all bad.

Of course us folk and the like would like to see more accurate stuff/facts being portrayed but the beeb can't do that. Yet anyway.

Imo etc.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenmeg Thu 04 May 2017, 11:08 am

I agree with Pat Brown that it was pure propaganda especially relating to DNa where it kept focussing on 'no evidence' in that report regarding forensics. It tried to hammer home that mccanns are innocent and case should be archived. The only positives were that in doing so it showed dogs alerting and it showed gamble discrediting in Theresa which hopefully will wind her up. It was propaganda and nothing more ... So therefore not worth watching.
Helenmeg
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 04 May 2017, 11:11 am

I would say a good summary there Andrew, and I was very surprised to see a clip of Goncalo's video of the Truth of the Lie, which of course will lead to many more googling it.

Not too bad, and worth a watch Mimi and Freedom, there has been much worse out there.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Thu 04 May 2017, 1:11 pm

candyfloss wrote:Dear Hairy Bert- - he would say that wouldn't he,  he was in in the programme, and solved the case.  Shutter can be opened and window slide and cord pulled..  

Heriberto Janosch‏ @JanoschGonzalez · 42m42 minutes ago  

#bbcpanorama An objective report about Madeleine #McCann abduction.

Yes, all that's presuming the window is open & able to slide across in the first place.If the shutter is down & the window is locked shut, you simply can't get to the cord to pull it, even if you can lift the shutter slightly.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Thu 04 May 2017, 1:18 pm

Helenmeg wrote:I agree with Pat Brown that it was pure propaganda especially relating to DNa where it kept focussing on 'no evidence' in that report regarding forensics.  It tried to hammer home that mccanns are innocent and case should be archived. The only positives were that in doing so it showed dogs alerting and it showed gamble discrediting in Theresa which hopefully will wind her up. It was propaganda and nothing more ... So therefore not worth watching.
Agree. Panorama showed the Dogs' video etc but only so they could then dismantle the findings. It was textbook according to Textusa as described in her post Counter Attack:
http://textusa.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/counter-attack.html?m=1

Pathetic as the counter-attack was, mud sticks - this is Panorama of the mighty BBC - a bastion of truth. So Clarence trying to dispute the dogs' evidence by saying Eddie ignored Cuddle Cat initially and Gamble with breathtaking audacity saying Maddie's DNA in the hire car can be explained as being 50% from Kate and 50% from Gerry will be believed by the average viewer despite the obvious ludicrousness. The average viewer will take from that programme that the PJ case against the McCanns was demolished and the parents exonerated.

The Sky documentary, however, had a different tone. It too presented evidence from both sides but left the viewer to draw their own conclusions. I am baffled as to why and why now. Is Murdoch moving to the end game?

Both programmes demonstrated that OG is indeed a sham, however. Colin Sutton's astonishing and brave account of what happened to him finally stamps that one as dead in my mind. OG is, after all, a whitewash folks. However, Panorama showed direct footage of the PJ deputy refusing to rule out the parents' involvement. He repeated several times that there was not current evidence to make them suspects, but refused to confirm that that wouldn't be so in the future.

As I've long believed - if there is an honest conclusion to this case, it will come eventually from the Portuguese.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 04 May 2017, 1:47 pm

I'm not sure what people really expected from the Panorama doc? And what they could actually get away with saying etc?

The top man from the PJ won't go on TV cameras declaring them suspects. We expected the usual tripe from Clarence and Gamble deleted few words. Bilton couldn't go on record saying that he thinks their guilty (even though I'm sure he does).

A lot of it will be some guesswork as OG won't tell them anything of significance. Fair enough ex-commander Foy was wheeled out which was disappointing but a) we don't know when that was and b) he can't say that he suspects the McCanns on camera anyway.

Obviously it would be better if the beeb just gave an hour slot for Goncalo's video instead but we know that won't happen for a long time.

There would've been a whole load of stuff left out on the cutting room floor and the McLawyers along with the Beeb Lawyers would've gone through it together. Edited, Re-edited again and again.

Just my take on it and I appreciate I'm probably on my own a bit on this one.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 04 May 2017, 1:54 pm

Joana Morais‏ @JoanaAMorais · 3h3 hours ago

Replying to @MarkWatkins210 @ProfilerPatB

It was biased, my take in a few points https://joana-morais.blogspot.pt/2017/05/british-media-documentaries-few-points.html … But some of the footage may indeed make people think, ex. the dogs.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Thu 04 May 2017, 5:21 pm

What Panorama could have done was presented the evidence and events as they occurred, without comment, and without the subsequent demolishing of all that pertains to the McCanns' guilt. Much as Sky did.

The BBC aren't restricted any more than Sky are, they chose to deconstruct the case against the parents in this way. There is no law against presenting facts, but is was a conscious decision by Panorama to put their own take on those facts. Clarrie's words were misleading but retained, Gamble's a downright inaccuracy designed to fool the ignorant. As a responsible conyever of facts, Panorama should have cut Gamble's words about the DNA or corrected him. They didn't. That tells you everything you need to know about the remit of this programme and the BBC.

Back to top Go down

Post  What's_up_doc? Thu 04 May 2017, 5:42 pm

I think criticisms of the Panorama documentary are fair and I agree that the second half, in which Bilton doorstepped that poor man with mental health issues and the very civil man who sadly lost his job was very grubby indeed. I think there was an attempt to impose a theory on the narrative but there were some good points, never explored in British TV before. CM was a PR disaster coming across as pompous and unhinged and displaying a pronounced superiority complex. He was asked why Kate washed cuddlecat and he stumbled to answer. I just think the British media has got a lot of back pedalling to do but I think that process has begun. It's just baby steps at the moment but it's a start and I'll take that for now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 04 May 2017, 5:46 pm

Hi, Dee.

I totally get what you're saying but could you imagine what you would think of the programme if you had next to no knowledge of the case like Joe public. And just believe what the MSM spoon-feed them?

Would you have doubts about the McCanns?

As I said earlier, the programme has (intentionally) cropped up in convo with quite a few people today and it's raised more questions than answers... Which is good if nothing else.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Thu 04 May 2017, 6:38 pm

Hi Andrew. If the Panorama programme has got people interested and talking then that's great, much as the Crimewatch 2013 got so many interested - myself included. But that is a side-effect rather than their prime intention of undermining the PJ's case.

Yes, the dogs' video was shown, they had to in order to discredit it, same as the DNA found in the car. It's good they've been brought to the forefront, but the overriding conclusion planted in the minds of the viewers is that both of these findings, which underpin the PJ case, have been discredited and ruled out. In fact, I get the impression that the big stories are now being wheeled out again because these are the elephants in the room that need explaining and dismissing before the case can be put to bed.

I agree completely with WUD that the second part of the programme was extremely grubby and smacked of scraping the barrel. That poor man Paulo Ribeiro. How easy is it to thrust him onto our screens in an attempt to compare the credibility of him as a suspect with that of the 2 responsible upstanding doctors? Disgraceful.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 04 May 2017, 7:04 pm

Very valid points from your good self as usual, Dee.

I suppose I might be clutching at straws a bit as usual with the optimistic slant. Before we all pack our bags and do one that is.

But I still believe if this was a whitewash/cover-up, then it wouldn't be played out like this in front of the world.

And that gives me some hope of truth and justice to eventually prevail.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Panorama Documentary - MADELEINE 10 YEARS ON - May 3rd, 9pm   * Plus ....BBC issues correction re the Fund - Page 3 Empty Re:New Panorama Documentary.

Post  costello Thu 04 May 2017, 7:26 pm

Dee Coy wrote:
Helenmeg wrote:I agree with Pat Brown that it was pure propaganda especially relating to DNa where it kept focussing on 'no evidence' in that report regarding forensics.  It tried to hammer home that mccanns are innocent and case should be archived. The only positives were that in doing so it showed dogs alerting and it showed gamble discrediting in Theresa which hopefully will wind her up. It was propaganda and nothing more ... So therefore not worth watching.
Agree. Panorama showed the Dogs' video etc but only so they could then dismantle the findings. It was textbook according to Textusa as described in her post Counter Attack:
http://textusa.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/counter-attack.html?m=1

Pathetic as the counter-attack was, mud sticks - this is Panorama of the mighty BBC - a bastion of truth. So Clarence trying to dispute the dogs' evidence by saying Eddie ignored Cuddle Cat initially and Gamble with breathtaking audacity saying Maddie's DNA in the hire car can be explained as being 50% from Kate and 50% from Gerry will be believed by the average viewer despite the obvious ludicrousness. The average viewer will take from that programme that the PJ case against the McCanns was demolished and the parents exonerated.

The Sky documentary, however, had a different tone. It too presented evidence from both sides but left the viewer to draw their own conclusions. I am baffled as to why and why now. Is Murdoch moving to the end game?

Both programmes demonstrated that OG is indeed a sham, however. Colin Sutton's astonishing and brave account of what happened to him finally stamps that one as dead in my mind. OG is, after all, a whitewash folks. However, Panorama showed direct footage of the PJ deputy refusing to rule out the parents' involvement. He repeated several times that there was not current evidence to make them suspects, but refused to confirm that that wouldn't be so in the future.

As I've long believed - if there is an honest conclusion to this case, it will come eventually from the Portuguese.

I haven't had the inclination to watch either of the two programmes DeeCoy (sadly to say). Thanks for the information,and like you I do hope the truth in this case will eventually emerge from Portugal.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  handrash Fri 05 May 2017, 1:31 am

Did anyone else notice that the clip by Robert Murat's mother talking about the woman in purple seems to have been edited out of the panarama programme or is it just me having technical problems?

handrash

Back to top Go down

Post  What's_up_doc? Fri 05 May 2017, 9:59 am

Hi Handrash - I've only watched it once and have a vague recollection of a brief clip with Mrs Murat, before the longer clip with Robert Murat - but things are blurring into one in my head so that's not reliable.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 05 May 2017, 10:01 am

I am going to try to watch it today so I'll report back later.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 05 May 2017, 10:37 am

Deleted - this forum does not allow posts of this nature.

Back to top Go down

Post  Birdy Fri 05 May 2017, 10:57 am

I can't watch that rubbish, reading about it is enough. I have just read Joana Morais take on it, very interesting but not very encouraging. Evil or Very Mad No confused Suspect
Birdy
Birdy

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 05 May 2017, 1:03 pm

I've just watched it - definitely no clip of Jenny Murat; very strange, does anyone else remember seeing her?

I was thinking that the new interview with the McCanns had gone too but there they were right at the end - mercifully very short if not sweet.

It wasn't as bad as I feared, there were some good parts. I particularly liked the ask the dogs clip and the interview with Sandra D; that really brought home what an arrogant t*at Gerry is and how Kate tried to waffle her way out of it with irrelevant whining.

As for dear old Heriberto giving the impression that someone could have leaned through the window and taken Madeleine - it really should have been pointed out that her bed was on the opposite side of the room.

Now for the Sky TV programme.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  dannii Fri 05 May 2017, 1:15 pm

I seen her but could'nt swear it was the BBC one as it could have been the Sky one but i'm sure it was'nt.She had her hair swept back and i think she was wearing beige and she was sitting down and she is in her late seventies.
dannii
dannii

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Fri 05 May 2017, 1:30 pm

Freedom wrote:I've just watched it - definitely no clip of Jenny Murat; very strange, does anyone else remember seeing her?

I was thinking that the new interview with the McCanns had gone too but there they were right at the end - mercifully very short if not sweet.  

It wasn't as bad as I feared, there were some good parts. I particularly liked the ask the dogs clip and the interview with Sandra D; that really brought home what an arrogant t*at Gerry is and how Kate tried to waffle her way out of it with irrelevant whining.

As for dear old Heriberto giving the impression that someone could have leaned through the window and taken Madeleine - it really should have been pointed out that her bed was on the opposite side of the room.

There was definitely a older woman with grey hair on it in the BBC 1 9PM Panorama show on the 3rd as she mentioned the plum (not purple) top lady. It is the only McCann related program on TV or online I have watched so I must be remembering it correctly (dannii's description sounds right to me). Just looking at pictures of JM from 2007 and 2017 and can't swear the woman in Panorama is the same, though....?
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 05 May 2017, 1:32 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:
Freedom wrote:I've just watched it - definitely no clip of Jenny Murat; very strange, does anyone else remember seeing her?

There was definitely a older woman with grey hair on it in the BBC 1 9PM Panorama show on the 3rd as she mentioned the plum (not purple) top lady. It is the only McCann related program on TV or online I have watched so I must be remembering it correctly (dannii's description sounds right to me). Just looking at pictures of JM from 2007 and 2017 and can't swear the woman in Panorama is the same, though....?

I honestly can't remember seeing her, but Robert Murat was interviewed by Bilton, that's all I remember.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 05 May 2017, 1:37 pm

He definitely was interviewed and he mentioned his mother but we didn't see or hear her.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next