MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Election Discussion - before and after the event

+22
Mimi
chirpyinsect
dannii
Rob Royston
Bampots
candyfloss
Winslow Boy
coppernob
What's_up_doc?
wjk
Andrew
Mo
nannygroves
joyce1938
froggy
Antonia
Dee Coy
AndyB
bluebell
espeland
Helenmeg
unreorganised
26 posters

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down

Who will win the General Election ?-

General Election Discussion - before and after the event - Page 9 Vote_lcap37%General Election Discussion - before and after the event - Page 9 Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 7 ]
General Election Discussion - before and after the event - Page 9 Vote_lcap37%General Election Discussion - before and after the event - Page 9 Vote_rcap 37% 
[ 7 ]
General Election Discussion - before and after the event - Page 9 Vote_lcap5%General Election Discussion - before and after the event - Page 9 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
General Election Discussion - before and after the event - Page 9 Vote_lcap21%General Election Discussion - before and after the event - Page 9 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 19

General Election Discussion - before and after the event - Page 9 Empty Re: General Election Discussion - before and after the event

Post  Winslow Boy Sun 28 May 2017, 3:45 pm

nannygroves wrote:
Dee Coy wrote:[size=32]Winslow Boy: "Open the floodgates and bring in cheap labour. This undermines the current working class who can't compete, so their wage drops. So people become worse off, why bother to work then. So who is going to pay taxes, and who is going to lend us money now we haven't the means to pay it back? "[/size]

There, right there, is the current Tory policy for immigration and their disingenuous strategy of divide and rule of the working classes. 

It has NOTHING to do with Corbyn's plans which clearly state a £10 minimum wage for ALL employees, no undercutting and an even crack of the whip for all. It's a masterstroke, it will negate UKIP into the bargain bounce

How on earth can Corbyn put a cost on anything when he has no idea how many immigrants  he will allow in  to this  country ? He just cannot give a straight answer when asked the question. Clearly more immigrants are going to raise the level  of NHS, education and house building  funding and please don't tell me that they will all be paying taxes because you know and I  know, they won't all find taxable work. This was the big problem with free movement in the EU. It was impossible to cost anything.

Corbyn is building a time machine to take us back into the 70's. His ideas are pie in the sky, paid for by someone else, the EU will walk all over him. And as for opening the borders, be prepared for a greater influx than we've ever had before. And when it all gets out of hand and other countries decide to invade this sitting duck labour government, stock up on cabbages as that is all the arms we will have to throw at them. Trident- vote Labour -Tridon't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwlfPo2eTfg

Back to top Go down

General Election Discussion - before and after the event - Page 9 Empty Re: General Election Discussion - before and after the event

Post  Mimi Sun 28 May 2017, 7:12 pm

All this nasty anti-Corbyn rhetoric by the BBC and other journos will just make the British public vote for him. You know how bolshy we are. Whatever the right wing wants us to do, we do the opposite.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Mon 29 May 2017, 12:48 am

This. And it's happening right now in front of our eyes, Mimi!

The last week has, astonishingly, confirmed that the Conservatives have no stable manifesto, certainly not one that the Cabinet have had a hand in - it appears to be all driven by Thearse and her advisors, namely Linton Crosby (currently with huge tax questions hanging over his head). But more compelling and telling is the dawning realisation that Thearse herself is an appalling orator, unable to spin a web over the void where her policies should be.

This is a disaster for the Tories as their whole campaign IS Thearse May. Their adverts scream her name and face, with the word Conservatives in very small letters indeed. Only now are the scales dropping from horrified Tory eyes and they realise they have a massive turkey on their hands, their only exhibit is devoid of charisma, charm and spouts only rhetoric.

Here's a goodie by our old friend and McCann sceptic, Craig Murray:

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2017/05/the-art-of-negotiation/

And for a couple of real belly laughs, here's what happens when Tories actually are put under a modicum of pressure by determined journalists.

Ghastly Michael Fallon thinking he's answering Corbyn's words until told they're actually Boris Johnson's:

And James Cleverly regretting he ever agreed to be interviewed by the wonderful Emma Barnett:

https://www.thecanary.co/2017/05/26/theresa-may-must-absolutely-furious-senior-tory-fell-apart-live-bbc-audio/

Back to top Go down

General Election Discussion - before and after the event - Page 9 Empty No Contest IMHO

Post  Winslow Boy Mon 29 May 2017, 3:23 am

This is IMHO the only person who can lead this Country
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhbfkWqY9yo

Corbyn Solution: Borrow Borrow Borrow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ0lCfVpN0U

Labour Manifesto not worth the paper it's written on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnZ4O9SP_aM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWk29MhTb-g
God help us all.

[/quote]

Back to top Go down

General Election Discussion - before and after the event - Page 9 Empty To make link work!

Post  Dee Coy Tue 30 May 2017, 9:32 am

Last edited by Dee Coy on Tue 30 May 2017, 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Tue 30 May 2017, 9:40 am

Watched this this morning. It puts what has happened in World, US and UK politics over the last 2 years into perspective and explains it simply. Funny too. It's 10 minutes of your life to watch but blimey it made me feel good. Better than a head massage. 

We're on a train, chaps, and the journey is written in fate.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 30 May 2017, 9:41 am

So who do you think came out top last night in the debate? I think Corbyn by a mile, even though he had far rougher questioning than May. Paxman stuck in the past, and wouldn't let him get a word in at times. He handled it all very well, and even got the audience to laugh with him. May got better towards the end and lost her nerves a bit which were on show at the start, but I did like the bit Paxman said about the 3 u turns, that got her ruffled.

All in all a good programme, Corbyn doing better imo.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Tue 30 May 2017, 9:55 am

Well, you know what I'm going to say, Candyfloss Very Happy.

I thought Paxman was horrendous. An appalling interview technique with Corbyn, constant interruptions before he'd even got two words of any reply out. And the questions focussed on the distant irrelevant past, which has been covered and exonerated over and over again! Disappointed, 'cos I love Paxman, even though I know he's a conservative he normally does not let that affect his job.

On the other hand, I thought he cut May's legs from under her on Brexit. He completely undermined her credibility as a negotiator:

General Election Discussion - before and after the event - Page 9 DBDnwe_W0AAwqba

https://skwawkbox.org/2017/05/30/video-paxman-gives-personal-verdict-on-mays-battlefornumber10-ge17/

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 30 May 2017, 10:31 am

Jason Cowley
✔ ‎@JasonCowleyNS

Poor night for "Jeremy Paxman", who is now a kind of celebrity pantomime act.
Both May and Corbyn emerging unscathed.

9:54 PM - 29 May 2017

Owen Jones‏Verified account
@OwenJones84

Replying to @OwenJones84 @jeremycorbyn

What happened to Paxman?! He used to Britain's pre-eminent interviewer! #BattleForNumber10

Nigel Farage
✔ ‎@Nigel_Farage

I may not agree with @jeremycorbyn but he came across as being totally sincere. Paxman didn't score any goals .

9:17 PM - 29 May 2017

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Tue 30 May 2017, 11:02 am

Once more from the wonderful Craig Murray.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2017/05/paxman-pushes-100-tory-agenda/

[size=30]Paxman Pushes 100% Tory Agenda 56 [/size]

29 May, 2017  in Uncategorized by craig

There are enough viewers for the televised questioning and interviews of Jeremy Corbyn and Theresa May tonight to have some effect on the election. May finished with a very positive reaction from a substantial section of the audience to the repeated assertion that “No deal is better than a bad deal” with the EU. She was playing to her xenophobic, UKIP-leaning core support. Why this kind of deranged nonsense is apparently not alienating more urbane Tories in greater numbers, I do not really know. I presume they believe they can control her.

I think that Corbyn came over as calm, likeable and humorous, whereas May came over as tense and unpleasant. Again the tension and narrowing of the eyes when asked a hostile question was truly striking. But what struck me most was another quite stunning demonstration of media bias.

Paxman interrupted Corbyn while he was answering very much more often than he did May. But the true bias came over in the selection of questions asked.

It was widely reported in the Sunday press that the Tories were to refocus their failing election campaign on Brexit. So what did Paxman concentrate on in his interview with May? Brexit. He opened the short interview on the subject of Brexit, and crucially he returned to Brexit for the closing three minutes, allowing May to repeat again and again the slogan “No deal is better than a bad deal”, which obviously was going down very well with her supporters in the audience.

Paxman appeared to be asking for clarification of what it meant in giving her the chance to repeat it again and again, but made no argument as to why it is a fantastically stupid idea in this context.

By contrast Paxman spent the entire interview with Jeremy Corbyn on no subject at all except the Tory chosen subjects to attack Corbyn – alleged support for terrorism, reluctance to fire nuclear weapons or murder in drone strikes, lack of support for patriotism/the monarchy. 

The equivalent treatment for May would have been to spend the entire time focused on the Labour preferred subjects – the NHS, education, benefit cuts for the disabled. In fact, Paxman only grilled May on security, immigration and Brexit, the chosen Tory subjects, other than a token reference to social care, on which Paxman let off May extremely lightly over her lying about the U-turn on the manifesto.

While Paxman’s questions were superficially hostile, by choosing only favourite Tory subjects he gave May an easy get-out. The equivalent fake-hostile question to Corbyn to allow him onto a favourite subject would be “You say you will abolish tuition fees. But surely the economy cannot afford that?” 

There were nil such questions allowing Corbyn to move on to one of his favourite subjects. May received nothing else. Paxman is an openly acknowledged Conservative. That was very plain this evening. But despite all his efforts, Corbyn will still have shaded it with all except those primarily motivated by racism.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 30 May 2017, 7:37 pm

Even David Dimbleby agrees Corbyn badly treated by the press..............

David Dimbleby Says Jeremy Corbyn Unfairly Treated By Press

David Dimbleby has said the right-wing bias and “lazy pessimism” of the British press has led to Jeremy Corbyn being treated unfairly in the run up to the General Election.

The 78-year-old Question Time host, and stalwart of the BBC’s election night coverage, also suggested the Labour leader had much more support amongst the public than from his own MPs.

Speaking to the Radio Times, he said: “I don’t think anyone could say that Corbyn has had a fair deal at the hands of the press, in a way that the Labour party did when it was more to the centre, but then we generally have a rightwing press.

“It’s a very odd election. If the Conservative story is how Theresa May is the ‘brand leader’, the interesting thing is that a lot of Labour supporters really like and believe in the messages that Jeremy Corbyn is bringing across.

“It’s not his MPs in the House of Commons necessarily, but there is a lot of support in the country.”

But his comments raised a few eyebrows amongst those who regularly perceive an anti-Corbyn bias on Question Time.

Practically every week it is aired, Question Time receives accusations of “Tory plants” and an anti-Corbyn agenda.

Research by the London School of Economics last year found 75% of press coverage misrepresented Corbyn.

Dimbley, who will reveal the crucial BBC exit poll on election night, also spoke of his own predictions for next month’s vote.

He said: “My own prediction is that, contrary to the scepticism and lazy pessimism of the newspapers and the British media, it’s going to be a really fascinating night, and it will drive home some messages about our political system and the political appeal of different parties that no amount of polling or reading the papers will tell us.

”Polls? You can have them until the cows come home. For me, the exit poll is the starting gun for a political rollercoaster ride, and a night of thrills and spills.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/david-dimbleby-jeremy-corbyn_uk_592d3cabe4b0065b20b807ae

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 30 May 2017, 9:47 pm

I couldn`t bear it this evening to listen to the BBC keep repeating Jeremy Corbyn`s inability to answer a question about nursery fee costings on Woman`s Hour today.  An Emma Barnett was interviewing him and she was so nasty, nasty, nasty to him, saying things like `you don`t know do you` and `why are you fiddling with your Ipad`. He said "can I get back to you on that?" and she said "what when you`ve looked it up" - it was absolutely awful - what a bitch - and of course the BBC are just loving it.

https://t.co/wxTWPF4iYy

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 30 May 2017, 10:14 pm

Corbyn appeared on the One Show earlier. It was an aggro-free zone, simply an opportunity for him to show viewers what makes him tick. I watched most of it, and he conveyed sincerity, decency and humour. My major disagreement with him is regarding the EU.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 30 May 2017, 10:50 pm

Luna wrote:Corbyn appeared on the One Show earlier.  It was an aggro-free zone, simply an opportunity for him to show viewers what makes him tick.  I watched most of it, and he conveyed sincerity, decency and humour.  My major disagreement with him is regarding the EU.  

Same here Luna.

But from what he said to Jeremy Paxman (or tried to when he could get a word in edgeways) was that there could not be free movement of people. I used to think that Bernier fellow at the EU would make mincemeat of him but I`m beginning to think he could be as stubborn as TM and probably equally diplomatic as TM and a lot more personable in his relationship with the EU people, which could equal getting a better deal. Also Angela Merkel would probably get on much better with JC than TM.

Macron is going to be the barb in all this IMO. He is already acting like a silly young fool making enemies all over the place.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Tue 30 May 2017, 10:53 pm

Mimi wrote:I couldn`t bear it this evening to listen to the BBC keep repeating Jeremy Corbyn`s inability to answer a question about nursery fee costings on Woman`s Hour today.  An Emma Barnett was interviewing him and she was so nasty, nasty, nasty to him, saying things like `you don`t know do you` and `why are you fiddling with your Ipad`.  He said "can I get back to you on that?" and she said "what when you`ve looked it up" - it was absolutely awful - what a bitch - and of course the BBC are just loving it.

https://t.co/wxTWPF4iYy
All the media treat him like a whipping boy because they are desperate to undermine him. They cannot do this on policy and they cannot do it on personality, although they tried to slur on that during the Labour leadership elections. Problem is for them he's squeaky clean. Scrupulous with expenses, tax returns and with no skeletons on closets they hit a brick wall. Corbyn is that rarest of things, an honest politician who's in it for his beliefs and his duty to and love for humanity, not himself. 

So they have to get him on something - anything - so they latch onto the smallest slip or faux pas and literally make it into headline news. Crazy, as so many Tories have made gaffes and quoted incorrect figures and facts during this election. Not only have these not been screamed about on national news they've been totally ignored by the media.

As for this morning's omission, how did Corbyn handle it? With honesty and dignity as usual. He simply moved on to his next engagement and apologised for it. No fumbling defence or excuses, just an acknowledgment he made a mistake. 

Link to Mirror article showing the apology:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/jeremy-corbyn-apologises-forgetting-what-10529287

One thing is for certain. We're going to see more of this cheap and nasty 'journalism' because it now looks as if the unthinkable could actually happen.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Tue 30 May 2017, 11:10 pm

Don't understand why people are worried about Corbyn and the EU. For decades he and Tony Benn were very anti-EU, to the extent that when he plumped for Remain before the referendum many, including myself, were sceptical that his heart was in it. (He said he was, on balance, for Remain but with reservations.) 

Regardless, when the country voted Leave Corbyn hasn't for one second suggested he would rebel against the will of the people. He is, after all, the ultimate democrat, the people have spoken and he will honour that decision and work for the best severance deal for the good of us all.

Obviously that will mean EU migration will not be automatic, so immigration will reduce. Corbyn has said that where a migrant applies to enter the UK and has the skills we have a shortage of eg Doctors, engineers, teachers, then they will be welcomed. Obviously as well non-EU refugees will continue to be admitted. Both of these scenarios are not unique and common to all western nations. But the EU open borders will no longer be open. This is no different to Theresa May's position.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Wed 31 May 2017, 10:45 am

Then he says :-

General Election Discussion - before and after the event - Page 9 DBFRdaQXoAA2Kma

No Jeremy, no, no, no - I do not want my country`s culture lost.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  espeland Wed 31 May 2017, 2:55 pm

Looks like we're going to see the next Leader of the Opposition tonight at 7:30 on BBC1 - Amber Rudd Very Happy
espeland
espeland

Back to top Go down

Post  Winslow Boy Wed 31 May 2017, 6:07 pm

Mimi wrote:Then he says :-

General Election Discussion - before and after the event - Page 9 DBFRdaQXoAA2Kma

No Jeremy, no, no, no - I do not want my country`s culture lost.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RClRYAS55yo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRJVxGtspDc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khKhP8fjWTw

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 31 May 2017, 7:03 pm

espeland wrote:
Looks like we're going to see the next Leader of the Opposition tonight at 7:30 on BBC1 - Amber Rudd Very Happy

Hehe, Theresa May still chickening out of a debate with Jeremy Corbyn, he has decided to go ahead and has made her look a total coward for not debating. Her excuses are feeble, she cannot face being asked the same questions as him live on TV, and knowing she will come out second best. This is certainly not doing her any good or her party.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Wed 31 May 2017, 7:57 pm

Tee hee.

The more I see her the more I realise she really does not actually say anything at all. Ever. It's all soundbites and rhetoric. When asked a direct question she doesn't know what to do. She has avoided meeting any members of the public the whole campaign, all her events have been staged managed and by invitation only. She avoids live interviews like the plague. She is a laughing stock among her peers in Europe.

I realised tonight how her own party view her. She is Father Jack in the Father Ted series, trained to reply with a single sentence when speaking to the Bishop:

"That would be an ecumenical matter."

(Funny episode https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rOQBhfyRuJk )

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 31 May 2017, 9:06 pm

Oh boy, has she been slated by all the other debaters on the BBC programme. I think the public are seeing things as they are.. as someone has just said on the BBC News channel 'What we see is a Prime Minster hiding from the British people' or very similar words.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Winslow Boy Thu 01 Jun 2017, 3:27 am

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 01 Jun 2017, 8:47 am

General Election Discussion - before and after the event - Page 9 DBL_B44WAAYxdAg

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Winslow Boy Thu 01 Jun 2017, 3:12 pm

candyfloss wrote:General Election Discussion - before and after the event - Page 9 DBL_B44WAAYxdAg

So Corbyn already putting a wedge between Britain and America, is it because after 911 they stopped funding the IRA, and that Trump will not stand for any deal with ISIS etc..Who will we trade with then, oh yes Europe. So already putting any deal will do with Europe in motion totally dis-respecting the Democracy of this Country for Brexit. The borders will remain open, and the influx will increase.Where do you think his borrowing will come from, Europe of course, so we will be in their pocket.His cabinet has shown that they have no REAL figures. So the terrorist threat will escalate while Corbyn has chats with them. Back to the old days where if you disagree with Labour they will call you Racist, sexist etc. Say goodbye to all the Rich people who have business here, who will pay for Corbyns Manifesto then, how will we keep industry and growth in this Country? Can't believe that people are falling for Corbyn's Manifesto tripe. With the deal he will do with Europe to borrow the money we will be governed by the EU the reason we wanted to leave in the first place.Take it from me the Trade Unions want to stay in the EU, theBrexit vote was devastating for them
Look at Corbyns life time work of associating with terrorists, do you think that will change ? Has nobody been watching the interviews where none of them know how they're going to pay for anything.
These are their Manifesto Policys and they don't know how much it will cost, so just made up to fool the people. Staggering.
Be prepared for a lot more of " I Mispoke ". Already treating the British public like idiots. Be prepared then for lots of " I Miswrote " when it comes to putting the Manifesto into practice.
More Police, but they won't be in Muslim areas as they will be under Sharia Law.
The more refugees the better for Labour, as was Blairs policy, because they will vote Labour to stay on the gravy train.
The longer the influx the higher the vote for Labour.

Corbyn and Abbott the Patriots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgDUAv7HZ7c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-_G-Seb1wE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gexs2-CXIyM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcQTTo3jmXk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLnqPzvdBsY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPtnbGc-VBc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZUYTEW6veo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 17 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next