12th May - Madeleine's birthday

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

12th May - Madeleine's birthday

Post  candyfloss on Fri 12 May 2017, 8:58 am

Very sad, just saw this on twitter,

I have just seen this on twitter, apparently it's on the OFM page...

Karen Falconer‏ @KarenFalconer13 · 2h2 hours ago
More pointless sentiment from the OFM page, lots of "Happy Birthdays" and "hurry homes"

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: 12th May - Madeleine's birthday

Post  Andrew on Fri 12 May 2017, 10:48 am

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3467792/madeleine-mccann-age-birthday-look-like-now
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenmeg on Fri 12 May 2017, 11:07 am

Ha ha! - it states ' Maddie had been due to attend De Lisle College in neighbouring Loughborough and the school is still holding a place for her.'

What ? She was 3 years old...... and she was due to attend college. What a stupid thing to say. Yes I can see they say that to pull on our heart strings...
but really it just makes me think - you total idiot.
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell on Fri 12 May 2017, 11:22 am

To me this seems psychologically very unhealthy, especially for the twins. I only hope they are receiving some support to deal with this.

They wrote alongside a touching photo of her as a three-year-old: “Happy 14th Birthday, Madeleine! We love you and we’re waiting for you and we’re never going to give up.”

Gifts and cards will be placed in Maddie’s pretty pink bedroom with starred ceiling which has become a shrine to her and remains unchanged since she vanished during a family holiday in Portugal in May 2007.

They will be among presents stacked up from ten years of birthdays and Christmases – occasions which Kate describes as difficult times because “that’s when you really feel her absence.”

They will pray for her on her birthday, and their 12-year-old twins Sean and Amelie will blow out candles on their big sister’s cake.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 12 May 2017, 11:23 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4499232/Madeleine-McCann-s-parents-touching-birthday-message.html

'We're waiting for you and we'll never give up': Madeleine McCann's parents send touching message to their missing daughter on what would be her 14th birthday
Kate and Gerry McCann wrote on Facebook: 'Happy 14th Birthday, Madeleine! We love you and we're waiting for you and we're never going to give up'
They will mark the occasion by laying presents in her bedroom at their home
Room has become a shrine to the girl, who vanished 10 years ago in Portugal

Andrew

Back to top Go down

birthday 12th

Post  Helenmeg on Fri 12 May 2017, 11:27 am

'Happy 14th Birthday, Madeleine! We love you and we're waiting for you and we're never going to give up.'

We are never actually going to do anything e.g. search for you - but we'll happily wait for you until you decide to come back....so much utter tripe
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Fri 12 May 2017, 12:51 pm

Post moved here Helen

Helenmeg wrote:
Winslow Boy wrote:
Andrew wrote:https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3467792/madeleine-mccann-age-birthday-look-like-now

Doesn't seem to mention abduction, just disappearance and missing ?

They've removed the comments and stopped them! I am not surprised - none favourable to Mc Canns

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 12 May 2017, 12:53 pm

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3543290/madeleine-mccann-14-birthday-parents-kate-gerry-message/
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised on Fri 12 May 2017, 1:29 pm

candyfloss wrote:

What a bloody awful photo to remember anybody by. They really don't have any more, do they?
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  What's_up_doc? on Fri 12 May 2017, 1:32 pm

unreorganised wrote:
candyfloss wrote:

What a bloody awful photo to remember anybody by. They really don't have any more, do they?
She appears to be in fluffy clouds - is it a subliminal message?

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Fri 12 May 2017, 2:24 pm

The bit about Madeleine starting school has probably been recycled from the story in 2007 when she was due to start primary school in September and a desk and chair were kept empty for her.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 12 May 2017, 2:30 pm

Do we really think that De Lisle College has kept a place for here in what 2 years time....?

Absolutely ridiculous.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Fri 12 May 2017, 2:33 pm

It's not a college for 16-year-olds and above. Pupils start there at 11 as the twins have done.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  What's_up_doc? on Fri 12 May 2017, 2:34 pm

Freedom wrote:The bit about Madeleine starting school has probably been recycled from the story in 2007 when she was due to start primary school in September and a desk and chair were kept empty for her.
I feel like I'm raining on the parade of many honest, decent people like the vicar and uncle Brian who probably really do believe Madeleine is still alive but to wish Madeleine a happy birthday after ten years without a single, credible sighting just seems ghoulish to me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 12 May 2017, 2:35 pm

Embarassed Ooops! My mistake.

Still ridiculous though.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Fri 12 May 2017, 2:38 pm

I wonder if someone else has been deprived of a place there because of the one held for Madeleine?

No, I'm being facetious - I'm sure it's just the usual tabloid nonsense.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 12 May 2017, 2:38 pm

What's_up_doc? wrote:
Freedom wrote:The bit about Madeleine starting school has probably been recycled from the story in 2007 when she was due to start primary school in September and a desk and chair were kept empty for her.
I feel like I'm raining on the parade of many honest, decent people like the vicar and uncle Brian who probably really do believe Madeleine is still alive but to wish Madeleine a happy birthday after ten years without a single, credible sighting just seems ghoulish to me.

No chance does Uncle B honestly think she's still alive.

And nor does the vicar. Any vicar.

Imo etc.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 12 May 2017, 3:06 pm

I was just reading this which I found quite interesting. Will stick it here as it no doubt relates to the OFM facebook thingy etc.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4499730/click-farm-10-000-phones-boost-product-ratings.html

Inside China's phoney 'click farm': Tiny office uses 10,000 handsets to send fake ratings and 'likes' for boosting clients' online popularity
Video footage taken in China shows a click farm with 10,000 handsets
Companies pay tens of thousands of pounds to get likes for their products
Click farm was giving likes to reviews of mobile apps to make them appealing
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine on Fri 12 May 2017, 3:12 pm

As I am 99.9% convinced the poor girl is dead, I don't congratulate her on what would have been her birthday, but hope, hope very much, she's at peace and the truth will out.
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Fri 12 May 2017, 3:16 pm

I'm reminded of people on Facebook and elsewhere who wish happy birthday to people who definitely are dead.

I can understand perhaps a mention of the anniversary of their birth but not wishing them a good day as if they were still alive.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  What's_up_doc? on Fri 12 May 2017, 3:17 pm

Andrew wrote:
What's_up_doc? wrote:

No chance does Uncle B honestly think she's still alive.

And nor does the vicar. Any vicar.

Imo etc.
Really? That just leaves the saintly Lorraine Kelly and the woefully dim Pam Gurney. Oh dear...

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 12 May 2017, 3:36 pm

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/were-waiting-you-madeleine-mccanns-10409220
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 12 May 2017, 3:48 pm

http://lifestyle.one/closer/news-real-life/in-the-news/kate-gerry-mccann-madeleine-14th-birthday-message/
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof6 on Fri 12 May 2017, 5:01 pm

Freedom wrote:I wonder if someone else has been deprived of a place there because of the one held for Madeleine?

No, I'm being facetious - I'm sure it's just the usual tabloid nonsense.

I suspect that there is a space held for her, so another child would have been deprived of a space. Potentially, that means another child having to travel to a school that is further away, maybe even having to get a bus, potentially paid for by the council.

The local authority will, of course, be paying the school for the place, as schools are paid per pupil.

It would be interesting to see the schools attendance data though, I wonder whether they are putting it through as "authorised absence"? Or maybe "off site education" so it does not mess up their statistics?
mumof6

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy on Fri 12 May 2017, 5:08 pm

I would think it's all nonsense.
She's been missing since the age of 4 and if alive may have received little or no formal education at all, so would not be in any fit state to attend a secondary school. Under those circumstance, it would be scandalous for a school to keep a place open year after year.

What next - a place held open at medical school ?
froggy

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top