MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

+59
chrissie
Guinea Pig
candyfloss
poster
niklasericson
Tangled Web
dogs don't lie
PMR
froggy
Rosa canina
Antonia
Poe
hesla
curious
mumof6
What's_up_doc?
Bloodhound
Hope
Catupatree
Satsuma
AndyB
sally66
espeland
dandaar
kylie
Walt
Hellsbells
Burst
bluebell
JJ
Mo
chris
Bubblewrapped
Bampots
Admin
PeterMac
Inca
dantezebu
costello
Mimi
margaret
Scrants
Cristobell
cherry
Ixta
chirpyinsect
Carlymichelle
Châtelaine
nobodythereeither
TheTruthWillOut
gbwales
Anne
chilli
Dee Coy
Lioned
Andrew
Justformaddiemccann
Poppy
Popcorn
63 posters

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 5 Empty Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Scrants Mon 30 Mar 2015, 7:34 pm

What is truly amazing about this piece by LK is that they have allowed all the adverse comments to be published. This is the first time I have seen this happen.

I tried to post from my ipad but couldn't get to sign in. Anyone know how to get it to work?
Scrants
Scrants

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 5 Empty Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  margaret Mon 30 Mar 2015, 9:30 pm

I wonder what the dim woman would think if she read those comments? Nobody is fooled anymore, except sycophantic tv presenters.
margaret
margaret

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 5 Empty Sunday Express:We must never give up on Maddy

Post  Guest Sun 10 May 2015, 8:54 am

Didn't think she was referred as Maddy,but never mind.
Is the end nigh,have Grange found their get out with some unknown burglar who just happened to want a child instead of other goodies.

http://www.express.co.uk/comment/expresscomment/576139/EXPRESS-COMMENT-We-must-never-give-up-on-Maddy

EXPRESS COMMENT: We must never give up on Maddy
Eight years on, police may be close to solving the riddle of Madeleine McCann’s disappearance. JAMES MURRAY, who has covered the case from the start, says the probe must continue.
By James Murray
PUBLISHED: 00:01, Sun, May 10, 2015

ON TUESDAY a family will gather for a small birthday party. Carefully chosen gifts will be offered, birthday cake eaten and cherished memories re lived.

Although the house will be filled with love and hope there will also be a feeling of emptiness as Kate and Gerry McCann and their 10-year-old twins Sean and Amelie remember much missed Madeleine, who should be celebrating her 12th birthday in the bosom of her family.

Instead, her whereabouts are unknown and nobody knows whether she is even alive. As the election dust settles in the weeks ahead, questions will undoubtedly be asked about how much more should be spent trying to crack the mystery.

Some pragmatists will argue that the £10million or so given by the Home Office to finance Scotland Yard’s Operation Grange “Maddy Squad” investigation is enough.

They will call for the squad to be broken up, so the elite detectives can return to their jobs with homicide command.

They will also argue that further probes should be paid for by the McCanns, with the money in their Madeleine Fund. It is my firm belief that Home Secretary Theresa May should resist those demands because it seems the truth is finally beginning to emerge.

Grange officers have at last established a proper, professional working relationship with their Portuguese counterparts which is producing results. Certain people have been identified and interviewed.

Their alibis and their reactions are being scrutinised as never before. Some have been cleared of any involvement but probes into others continue. One of the greatest achievements of the Grange team has been detailed analysis of phone records, showing roughly who was active on networks at key times on the evening of May 3, 2007, in the Algarve resort.

Portuguese officers, guided by Grange detectives, are now in a position to ask people what they were doing in Praia da Luz during that evening and why did they call or text so and so?

Layers and layers of wrong leads and useless information have now been peeled away, allowing officers to concentrate on the core facts.

Their dedication and graft has been appreciated by the McCanns and the friends who joined them on that fateful holiday, the so-called Tapas Seven: David and Fiona Payne, Russell O’Brien and Jane Tanner, Matthew Oldfield, his wife Rachael and her mother Dianne Webster.

Now we know, thanks to Grange, that the man Jane saw carrying a child near Apartment 5a of the Ocean Club was, in fact, an innocent holidaymaker. That in itself was a huge breakthrough.

Thanks to Grange we know that Maddy was almost certainly in the arms of a man seen heading down towards the sea by the Smith family from Ireland.

Photofits of the potential suspect have been released. Officers have also established a pattern of attacks on children in the Algarve, something Portuguese police did not manage, which could yet lead to a host of other sordid crimes being solved.

Madeleine McCannPA
Maddie's whereabouts are unknown and nobody knows whether she is even alive

Hopefully, the skills used by the Yard experts will be taken on board by the Portuguese, leading to better crime detection in the future.

A week ago friends of the McCanns joined villagers in Rothley, Leicstershire, to mark the eighth anniversary of Madeleine’s disappearance. Kate and Gerry could not be there as they were visiting her seriously ill father Brian in Liverpool. In her place, Fiona Payne read out a poem, The Tree Of Hope.

On a tree children attached touching messages. One wrote: “Dear God, please help all the missing children in the world and bring them back to their families.

"Make sure they are in safe hands and are going to be reunited with their families. Please bring Madeleine back to us. Amen.”

I would challenge any cold-hearted cynic to look that child in the eye and explain why the Grange operation should be shelved.

IN A POSTING on their Find Madeleine site Kate and Gerry wrote: “We are also buoyed and reassured by the unwavering commitment and continued progress being made in the investigation.

We are really grateful to the Metropolitan Police team for their conscientiousness, patience, consideration shown to us nd above all, their will to find Madeleine and determine what happened. “Co-operation with and from the Portuguese police has, and still is, vital to the success of the investigation.

We are very appreciative of the joint working relationship established between the two forces.” After years of very little co-operation that acknowledgement is a milestone.

Now with the rifts put aside, Grange lead detective Nicola Wall has a golden opportunity to justify the millions spent with a breakthrough.

Lessons learned from Grange must now be adopted by all forces to improve the chances of other innocents like Madeleine, who had no control over their fate.

In a civilised society, no price should ever be put on a child’s life.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Sun 10 May 2015, 9:33 am

This is what makes me fuming mad :-

"Hopefully, the skills used by the Yard experts will be taken on board by the Portuguese, leading to better crime detection in the future. "

Why, why, why do our press continually denigrate the Portuguese ?

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 5 Picgifs-angry-sad-upset-0160304

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Sun 10 May 2015, 9:35 am

Excellent "read-between-the-lines" article ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 10 May 2015, 9:37 am

Châtelaine wrote:Excellent "read-between-the-lines" article ...

I thought so too Chatelaine...

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 10 May 2015, 9:40 am

Châtelaine wrote:Excellent "read-between-the-lines" article ...

Yes and no I suppose it depends on your take on it,the piece about the phone records is interesting,but there again they could be totally ignoring the tapas lot phone records.
They might find a burglar is who is no longer around wot dunnit! moved away,disappeared,drunk in a bar in Mogadishu, they are unlikely to be waiting around are they.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 10 May 2015, 9:43 am

Mimi wrote:This is what makes me fuming mad :-

"Hopefully, the skills used by the Yard experts will be taken on board by the Portuguese, leading to better crime detection in the future. "

Why, why, why do our press continually denigrate the Portuguese ?

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 5 Picgifs-angry-sad-upset-0160304

I hope SY don't mean this particular field of expertise.

Met sack commander for inappropriate behaviour to four women...so why DID they cover it up? Police force held hearing behind closed doors just one day before new rules about public case came into force

Scotland Yard facing cover-up claims after secretly sacking commander
Darren Williams dismissed for gross misconduct towards women
Force refused to give details of case and held hearing in private

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3075132/Met-sack-commander-inappropriate-behaviour-four-women-DID-cover-Police-force-held-hearing-closed-doors-just-one-day-new-rules-public-case-came-force.html#ixzz3ZiuYtX8X

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 10 May 2015, 9:45 am

Layers and layers of wrong leads and useless information have now been peeled away, allowing officers to concentrate on the core facts.

I think that line above sums it up, everything gone through, no stone left unturned, and now they are left with, as it says 'core facts'

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Sun 10 May 2015, 9:54 am

EXPRESS COMMENT: We must never give up on Maddy
Eight years on, police may be close to solving the riddle of Madeleine McCann’s disappearance. JAMES MURRAY, who has covered the case from the start, says the probe must continue.
By James Murray
PUBLISHED: 00:01, Sun, May 10, 2015

ON TUESDAY a family will gather for a small birthday party. Carefully chosen gifts will be offered, birthday cake eaten and cherished memories re lived.

Although the house will be filled with love and hope there will also be a feeling of emptiness as Kate and Gerry McCann and their 10-year-old twins Sean and Amelie remember much missed Madeleine, who should be celebrating her 12th birthday in the bosom of her family.

Instead, her whereabouts are unknown and nobody knows whether she is even alive. As the election dust settles in the weeks ahead, questions will undoubtedly be asked about how much more should be spent trying to crack the mystery.

Some pragmatists will argue that the £10million or so given by the Home Office to finance Scotland Yard’s Operation Grange “Maddy Squad” investigation is enough.

They will call for the squad to be broken up, so the elite detectives can return to their jobs with homicide command.

They will also argue that further probes should be paid for by the McCanns, with the money in their Madeleine Fund. It is my firm belief that Home Secretary Theresa May should resist those demands because it seems the truth is finally beginning to emerge.

Grange officers have at last established a proper, professional working relationship with their Portuguese counterparts which is producing results. Certain people have been identified and interviewed.

Their alibis and their reactions are being scrutinised as never before. Some have been cleared of any involvement but probes into others continue. One of the greatest achievements of the Grange team has been detailed analysis of phone records, showing roughly who was active on networks at key times on the evening of May 3, 2007, in the Algarve resort.

Portuguese officers, guided by Grange detectives, are now in a position to ask people what they were doing in Praia da Luz during that evening and why did they call or text so and so?

Their dedication and graft has been appreciated by the McCanns and the friends who joined them on that fateful holiday, the so-called Tapas Seven: David and Fiona Payne, Russell O’Brien and Jane Tanner, Matthew Oldfield, his wife Rachael and her mother Dianne Webster.

Now we know, thanks to Grange, that the man Jane saw carrying a child near Apartment 5a of the Ocean Club was, in fact, an innocent holidaymaker. That in itself was a huge breakthrough.

Thanks to Grange we know that Maddy was almost certainly in the arms of a man seen heading down towards the sea by the Smith family from Ireland.

Photofits of the potential suspect have been released. Officers have also established a pattern of attacks on children in the Algarve, something Portuguese police did not manage, which could yet lead to a host of other sordid crimes being solved.

Madeleine McCannPA
Maddie's whereabouts are unknown and nobody knows whether she is even alive

Hopefully, the skills used by the Yard experts will be taken on board by the Portuguese, leading to better crime detection in the future.

A week ago friends of the McCanns joined villagers in Rothley, Leicstershire, to mark the eighth anniversary of Madeleine’s disappearance. Kate and Gerry could not be there as they were visiting her seriously ill father Brian in Liverpool. In her place, Fiona Payne read out a poem, The Tree Of Hope.

On a tree children attached touching messages. One wrote: “Dear God, please help all the missing children in the world and bring them back to their families.

"Make sure they are in safe hands and are going to be reunited with their families. Please bring Madeleine back to us. Amen.”

I would challenge any cold-hearted cynic to look that child in the eye and explain why the Grange operation should be shelved.

IN A POSTING on their Find Madeleine site Kate and Gerry wrote: “We are also buoyed and reassured by the unwavering commitment and continued progress being made in the investigation.

We are really grateful to the Metropolitan Police team for their conscientiousness, patience, consideration shown to us nd above all, their will to find Madeleine and determine what happened. “Co-operation with and from the Portuguese police has, and still is, vital to the success of the investigation.

We are very appreciative of the joint working relationship established between the two forces.” After years of very little co-operation that acknowledgement is a milestone.

Now with the rifts put aside, Grange lead detective Nicola Wall has a golden opportunity to justify the millions spent with a breakthrough.

Lessons learned from Grange must now be adopted by all forces to improve the chances of other innocents like Madeleine, who had no control over their fate.

In a civilised society, no price should ever be put on a child’s life.
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 10 May 2015, 9:55 am

candyfloss wrote:

I think that line above sums it up, everything gone through, no stone left unturned, and now they are left with, as it says 'core facts'

I said long ago I thought Redwood was starting from the outside and peeling things away,every little piece of nonsense has to be investigated and dismissed if it needs it,what is left is the truth.
I see TB says he doesn't believe a word DCI Wall says fair enough,but rather tellingly,she's not said nothing about OG has she?

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 5 Empty Re:Sunday Express We must not give uo on Maddy.

Post  costello Sun 10 May 2015, 10:07 am

caricature wrote:
candyfloss wrote:

I said long ago I thought Redwood was starting from the outside and peeling things away,every little piece of nonsense has to be investigated and dismissed if it needs it,what is left is the truth.
I see TB says he doesn't believe a word DCI Wall says fair enough,but rather tellingly,she's not said nothing about OG has she?

Exactly.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 10 May 2015, 10:32 am

Worth quoting Churchill I believe seeing it is the VE day celebrations.

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.
Winston Churchill

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Sun 10 May 2015, 10:36 am

Where has James Murray got this story from? To me there is nothing new - it just seems like cobbled together bits of heresay from past rubbish dished out by the MSM.

He would not have received info from SY. James Murray said himself at Leveson that, since Millie Dowler, the press`s relationship with the police has cooled right off. If anything, this info has just come from Clarence Mitchell and/or the McCanns to chime with Maddie`s birthday. IMO, judging from the zenophobic comment, it has definitely come from CM and/or McCanns.

Every sentence is ambiguous - if you are the optimistic sort, you will see it as positive, but the doubtful sort will receive it as meaning nothing. And that`s me Rolling Eyes

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 10 May 2015, 10:43 am

I had great difficulty getting past the first nauseating sentences about the forthcoming remembrance of Madeleine!

Note that there was a photo of a child supposedly at the 8th anniversary service - oh ye of little faith who thought that it never happened.......

Not sure yet what I think about the article overall - whether it's just the usual sycophantic drivel or whether as they say the truth is out there somewhere.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  dantezebu Sun 10 May 2015, 10:51 am

James Murray also wrote the interesting article last Sunday about GA and the gofundme without managing to slag him off:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/574547/Maddie-libel-detective-ruined-Retirement-retreat-seized-cover-McCann-payout

He does seem to be stirring the pot a bit Basketball
dantezebu
dantezebu

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Sun 10 May 2015, 11:01 am

dantezebu wrote:James Murray also wrote the interesting article last Sunday about GA and the gofundme without managing to slag him off:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/574547/Maddie-libel-detective-ruined-Retirement-retreat-seized-cover-McCann-payout

He does seem to be stirring the pot a bit Basketball
IMO he's indeed on a carefully worded "mission" ...
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 10 May 2015, 12:54 pm

I've just noticed that, according to James Murray, Dianne Webster is the mother of Rachael Oldfield.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 10 May 2015, 1:17 pm

Freedom wrote:I've just noticed that, according to James Murray, Dianne Webster is the mother of Rachael Oldfield.

And poor little Mari-Luz Cortez was a Spanish BOY.

Back to top Go down

Post  Inca Sun 10 May 2015, 4:17 pm

On the whole I would say not a bad article. A few errors and usual fawning, but we have had worse imo, not too long to go now to the conclusion. imo.
Inca
Inca

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 10 May 2015, 5:05 pm

Just a thought on this the McCann's are saying they are more determined than ever, do they know this is about to come to an end. A new Government, are they going to allow more money on this case when they have fought their campaign on continuing austerity. So this could come soon. The McCann's let everyone know the drive and determination is still there but also know it is going to end .Then in comes Sonia Poulton with her film , all a bit too late jmo. A positive vibe to that article but just maybe too good to be true. Hope I am wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 10 May 2015, 8:14 pm

Just a thought on the proven facts in the McCann V Amaral,points 6&7

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/v01.htm

6. The British police dogs “Eddie” and “Keela” detected human blood and cadaver in the apartment 5A, Ocean Club [alínea AR) of the undisputed facts].

7. The British police dogs “Eddie” and “Keela” detected human blood and cadaver in a vehicle rented by the claimants after the disappearance of MMC [alínea AS) of the undisputed facts].

These if I read right are undisputed facts,meaning when the Judge made her initial findings back in Jan,no one including the McCanns lawyer disputed this or if they did they were over ruled, thus its in the final judgement, given that how can SY/OG ignore it.

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterMac Mon 11 May 2015, 1:44 pm

Gerry tried to get his tuppenceworth in, but got shot down by the judge.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Gerry_McCann_08_07_2014.htm
There's no more questions and the Judge is about to dismiss the plaintiff when GMC claims that he has something to say.
The judge says that in a civil trial the parties aren't allowed to spontaneous depositions. But she allows him: please do speak!
GMC says that he wants to make a comment about the dogs; he wants to make it clear that it is not a fact that they detected blood...
The judge interrupts him – The issue here isn't not to elucidate what actually happened. The perspective, in this trial, is to determine whether the book and the documentary affected the plaintiffs.
GMC – But the book mentions facts that aren't true.
The judge – The point isn't to establish whether things are true or not, this is not the issue. We want to know whether we are in the juridical remit of offence to persons. For this it's not necessary to know what the truth is. As a judge I'm not supposed to stand in for a criminal investigation.

And so the undisputed facts shown above indicates yet again that the judge found Gerry' s evidence to be irelevant, and dismissed his statement.
Smal wonder that the McCanns have to pay so much of the damages.
PeterMac
PeterMac

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 11 May 2015, 1:47 pm

PeterMac wrote:Gerry tried to get his tuppenceworth in, but got shot down by the judge.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Gerry_McCann_08_07_2014.htm
There's no more questions and the Judge is about to dismiss the plaintiff when GMC claims that he has something to say.
The judge says that in a civil trial the parties aren't allowed to spontaneous depositions. But she allows him: please do speak!
GMC says that he wants to make a comment about the dogs; he wants to make it clear that it is not a fact that they detected blood...
The judge interrupts him – The issue here isn't not to elucidate what actually happened. The perspective, in this trial, is to determine whether the book and the documentary affected the plaintiffs.
GMC – But the book mentions facts that aren't true.
The judge – The point isn't to establish whether things are true or not, this is not the issue. We want to know whether we are in the juridical remit of offence to persons. For this it's not necessary to know what the truth is. As a judge I'm not supposed to stand in for a criminal investigation.

And so the undisputed facts shown above indicates yet again that the judge found Gerry' s evidence to be irelevant, and dismissed his statement.
Smal wonder that the McCanns have to pay so much of the damages.
So there it is, not a libel trial at all.  So how can the book be banned??

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 11 May 2015, 2:41 pm

Admin wrote:
So there it is, not a libel trial at all.  So how can the book be banned??

Because the whole ridiculous episode has now gone on for so long, and become so convoluted, that it can only be maintained with preposterous deus ex machina interventions like this on the part of those running the show. It seems that even they are losing their appetite for it though as it isn't even internally consistent anymore. It now reminds me of Reggie Perrin's "Grot" enterprise, or perhaps more recently Mike Ashley's stewardship of Newcastle United. It doesn't seem to matter how many shades of shit you feed to the greater majority of people - like a beaten dog, the more you treat them with contempt and disdain, the more they seem to like it, and come back for more.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next