View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Daily Star: Various inane stories

Post  poster on Sat 30 Apr 2016, 4:57 pm

candyfloss wrote:Princess Princess ‏@Princessmc2014  · 9h9 hours ago  

Pulled out
Seething
Turning down big interviews from across the globe
Says it all now
https://reportuk.org/2016/04/29/mccanns-pull-out-of-lorraine-tv-show-appearance-after-devastating-libel-case-defeat/ …
#mccann #wheresmaddie

I would have loved to have seen them with Lorraine, though. Given how reviled they are now, and how few people believe them, it would have been hilarious seeing them squirming on the sofa. Surely even Lorraine knows that the story is a pile of manure. She must do. Perhaps even Lorraine just couldn't go through the charade.

And the idea of yet another age-progressed photo being produced when the gruesome twosome could barely suppress their smirks at the launch of the last one is just too hideous to contemplate, imo. Also a great insult to their daughter.
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster on Sat 30 Apr 2016, 7:04 pm

Bampots wrote:C12,I believe that there are major ructions going on behind the scenes. The events of the last few weeks have been seismic in so many ways. From Katie Hopkins onwards each week seems to devalue the stock of TeaMcCan,it's only in the last few days that they have fought back with anything one could call success. The speed with which they have managed to turn Goncalos success in court from one of elation with much backslapping to confusion and pesimisim has truly been a marvel to watch. Scotland Yard have said very little but they have still managed to instill the possible result in people's minds a tale of three desperate burgalrs who accidentally disturbed Maddie,caused her demise/abduction,cleaned up a blood spill with a forensic attention to detail (while one of them tried to focus their attention through a haze of drugs whilst dreaming of fast cars!)then hide as Gerry had a pee, escape en mass with child/dead body and finally split up while one wandered through town with a child looking ,like Gerry. Oh and for all of the effort forgot to take any money or anything of value!! Phew wtf......we really get ourselves in a tizzy sometimes over these things,if that is what they decide to archive this with they really will be ridiculed. The cream of Britains police really have no notion of the damage they inflict on themselves and their profession but I suppose Hillsborough shines like a beacon the world over they have no shame!

As for Kate and Gerry......they have opened the box....there is no shutting the lid for them!

Bravo!
poster

Back to top Go down

Detective who covered Soham slammed Portuguese police

Post  poster on Sat 30 Apr 2016, 7:44 pm

Bampots wrote:Games.....games and more games....anyone else chilled by its calculated manipulation the arrogance of the pink one coupled with a Gamble of evil corrupt secret service mind games could be the order of the day!?

It's a disgrace...

Both of them are a total disgrace. Imagine how much more dirt must lie behind this dung-pile? The pink one is often first on the scene when there's a dodgy death (think Dando,) Did he cover the Soham murders I wonder?

Interesting that the detective  who lead the Soham enquiry gave a damning verdict on the Portuguese investigation into Madeleine's disappearance. Wonder how he is feeling now with the latest news that Detective Amaral has won his appeal and anyone with half a brain cell doesn't believe the McCanns? Seething, perhaps?

It is my considered opinion and indeed the opinion of others who have looked into the Soham case that the conviction of Ian Huntley is unsound and represents a miscarriage of justice. Look at the dog evidence for a start.

(deleted no need for personal comments)

Snipped from the link below:

THE detective who led the Soham murder inquiry has given a damning verdict on the Portuguese investigation into Madeleine McCann's disappearance.

Retired Det Chief Supt Chris Stevenson, who caught double-murderer Ian Huntley after school pals Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman vanished in 2002, travelled to Praia da Luz, where Maddie went missing on May 3.

Along with a team of crime experts, Mr Stevenson carried out a three day review of the Portuguese inquiry for a TV documentary in which he claims the force was "too slow" to act after she disappeared.

He said: "I don't think they immediately realised what they were dealing with."

Mr Stevenson, 58, was joined in Praia da Luz by Matt Tapp, a media expert who also worked on the Soham murder inquiry, David Barclay, a forensic analyst, Gary Lig, a search expert, and David Canter, a criminal profiler.

Read more: http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Soham-detectives-Madeleine-verdict/story-22345849-detail/story.html#ixzz47KvKJGFs
Follow us: @CambridgeNewsUK on Twitter | cambridgenews on Facebook

My dear Mr Stevenson, I think you will find that the Psardine-munching Portuguese police had a pretty good idea about what they were dealing with.....along with the esteemed 'experts' whose names are helpfully included in the article.

What a bunch of idiots.  Evil or Very Mad

This article, which appeared in October 2007 in the Cambridge News is highly instructive, imo. Particularly in the light of the latest news that Detective Amaral has won his appeal.

Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide.......

IMO
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Sat 30 Apr 2016, 7:55 pm

'poster' you have veered way off topic again.  I have deleted the post with the full story as you have given the link in the post above that, which is also off topic re Huntley etc.  

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  poster on Sat 30 Apr 2016, 8:43 pm

candyfloss wrote:'poster' you have veered way off topic again.  I have deleted the post with the full story as you have given the link in the post above that, which is also off topic re Huntley etc.  

Oops! Back to the bungling burglars.....I can see them in my mind's eye with tights over their heads and swag-bags..

But, hang on, according to the McCanns - or was it their relatives - nothing of value was stolen from the apartment.
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  canada12 on Sun 01 May 2016, 2:34 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/kate-gerry-mccann-not-pull-7866528#ICID=sharebar_twitter

12:22, 30 Apr 2016
   Updated 12:22, 30 Apr 2016
   By Claire Rutter

The parents of Madeleine McCann were accused of cancelling an appearance on the ITV morning show

Kate and Gerry McCann have not pulled out of Lorraine as they were never booked

The parents of Madeleine McCann have been accused of cancelling an appearance on the Lorraine show, where they were allegedly set to launch a fresh appeal on the ninth anniversary of their daughter’s disappearance.

However, Kate and Gerry McCann were never due to appear on the ITV morning show, it has been confirmed.

A spokesperson for ITV told Mirror Celebs: "The McCanns have never been booked or confirmed to come and appear on Lorraine next Tuesday."

Ah, but were they invited? And did they give a verbal unbinding agreement, without actually confirming anything or being booked? And did they pull out after giving that verbal, unbinding agreement? And did that get leaked to the press? And did Kate and Gerry seethe at ITV, forcing ITV to issue the statement that they have never been booked or confirmed (officially)?

Hmmm.
canada12

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy on Sun 01 May 2016, 11:41 am

Basketball

Bet that's the long and the short of it.

They're worried and scared, I bet, not just seething.

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg on Sun 01 May 2016, 11:47 am

So they go after a burglar,burglar in court,wasn't us,there was someone always in 5a,lawyer: the prosecution would like to call GM and KM.
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy on Sun 01 May 2016, 1:06 pm

If it's true that the Portuguese say there is no justification in re-interviewing them, it isn't even going to reach a court.
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Tue 03 May 2016, 8:20 pm

Andrew wrote:Just to put in bold.....

Scotland Yard refused to discuss the final line of inquiry for operational purposes.

A spokesman said: "There is no comment while there is an ongoing investigation."

Ahem.. just bump this up if I can...

For Tony and Pat fans.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB on Tue 03 May 2016, 8:53 pm

I'm not sure what point you're making. Pat's analysis is sound and her conclusions incontrovertible:
1. If you believe the McCanns had no political power to enforce a remit, then they are most likely innocent.
2. If you believe the McCanns had the political power to enforce a remit, then they are most likely guilty.
3. If you believe the McCanns had the political power to enforce a remit yet Scotland Yard after wasting three years looking for an abductor is now doing an about face and moving in on the McCanns, then there has either been a huge political upheaval in the UK or you are in the land of wishful thinking.
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy on Tue 03 May 2016, 9:13 pm

Sadly, AndyB, I agree with you. Her logic is irrefutable.

And I believe in the second scenario.

I fear all hope rests with the Portuguese. Hopefully GA's victory, the reappearance of his book on the shelves and the imminent launch of the new book regarding the Timelines may be enough to coax the Portuguese public to make their voices heard for justice for one of their own and the reputations of their policeforce and their country. I do not believe there is enough political will over there otherwise.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Tue 03 May 2016, 9:14 pm

Good to see you, Andy.

My bold is what I believe...

Hope that's ok, probably wrong, but hey-ho.......
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie on Tue 03 May 2016, 9:33 pm

Didn't NW say she works for the victim? in this case a 3yr old child who was left alone.

Back to top Go down

Post  poster on Tue 03 May 2016, 9:37 pm

canada12 wrote:http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/kate-gerry-mccann-not-pull-7866528#ICID=sharebar_twitter

12:22, 30 Apr 2016
   Updated 12:22, 30 Apr 2016
   By Claire Rutter

The parents of Madeleine McCann were accused of cancelling an appearance on the ITV morning show

Kate and Gerry McCann have not pulled out of Lorraine as they were never booked

The parents of Madeleine McCann have been accused of cancelling an appearance on the Lorraine show, where they were allegedly set to launch a fresh appeal on the ninth anniversary of their daughter’s disappearance.

However, Kate and Gerry McCann were never due to appear on the ITV morning show, it has been confirmed.

A spokesperson for ITV told Mirror Celebs: "The McCanns have never been booked or confirmed to come and appear on Lorraine next Tuesday."

Ah, but were they invited? And did they give a verbal unbinding agreement, without actually confirming anything or being booked? And did they pull out after giving that verbal, unbinding agreement? And did that get leaked to the press? And did Kate and Gerry seethe at ITV, forcing ITV to issue the statement that they have never been booked or confirmed (officially)?

Hmmm.

Yes, I reckon that's it. They wanted to see what happened with the Amaral appeal decision. If he had lost I imagine they would have appeared gloating, cuddling up on the sofa with Lorraine loving having their egos stoked. (Although would she still do that, now they have so little public support?)

With the appeal lost, they knew that they would not be able to put up a convincing front. That question about their 'feelings' over the result of the trail would have to be asked and the sight of Kate cringing over her victim status and Gerry with an 'impenetrable' look would no doubt have turned them both into a laughing stock.

IMO!

poster

Back to top Go down

Post  canada12 on Tue 03 May 2016, 10:06 pm

I'm reminded of the police caution... "You do not have to say anything but it may harm your defence if you do not mention, when questioned, something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence."
canada12

Back to top Go down

Post  Satsuma on Wed 04 May 2016, 10:00 pm

canada12 wrote:I'm reminded of the police caution... "You do not have to say anything but it may harm your defence if you do not mention, when questioned, something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence."

I agree,  but keeping quiet sometimes speaks volumes in itself. By the way, it's good to see that the famous  British phrase used in the police caution process is also employed in other countries around the world!
Satsuma

Back to top Go down

Post  Catupatree on Wed 04 May 2016, 10:08 pm

I used to live in the USA and it was different there ha ha!!

Back to top Go down

Daily Star: Madeleine is "in caves"

Post  Andrew on Mon 22 May 2017, 12:23 pm

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/615130/madeleine-mccann-maddie-caves-burgau-praia-da-luz-portugal/amp

(move where see fit, mods)

Done.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Daily Star, Madeleine is in caves

Post  mumof6 on Mon 22 May 2017, 12:39 pm

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/615130/madeleine-mccann-maddie-caves-burgau-praia-da-luz-portugal

THE MADDIE CAVES: Is this REALLY where to look for Madeleine McCann?
IT’S just a few miles from the resort where Maddie vanished, but could this sleepy fishing village really hold the key to her disappearance?

By Michael Havis / Published 22nd May 2017
Investigator claims Maddie McCann's body was hidden in caves

Madeleine McCann went missing from the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz while her parents dined nearby on the evening of May 3, 2007.

A missing child investigator, Paulo Pereira Cristovao, recently revealed his hunch that she was hidden mere miles away in Burgau.

Taking her east would bring you towards the busy town of Portimao, he reasoned, so it would make sense to head west.

Madeleine McCann and BurgauGETTY/MICHAEL HAVIS
MYSTERY: The true fate of Madeleine McCann has not yet been discovered
Burgau and Praia da Luz on a mapGOOGLE
NEIGHBOURS: Burgau, left, and Praia da Luz, right
“It’s very difficult ground by yourself. Carrying a body? Forget it”
There, he said, near Burgau, were underwater caves that could hide the child has she been cast into the sea.

Daily Star Online visited the village to investigate the theory and found locals were baffled by the theory.

One long-time resident said the only caves he knew of were above sea level and a nightmare to get to.

He told Daily Star Online: "I know one cave that I used to play when I was a kid. But it’s not easy to get there."

Madeleine McCann disappeared on 3rd May 2007 from her bed in a holiday apartment in Praia da Luz, a resort in the Algarve region of Portugal. It is the most reported case of a missing child in modern history. We take a look at the pictures that made the news

We found the route there marked by challenging hills and steep cliffs; difficult terrain by day – and forbidding by night.

And a car can’t help; the cliffs closest to the west of Burgau are only accessible on foot and locals knew of no caves to the east.

None of that recommends itself to a kidnapper under pressure, which might be why locals are sceptical of Madeleine being hidden near Burgau.

One told Daily Star Online: “It’s completely rubbish. It’s very difficult ground by yourself. Carrying a body? Forget about it.”

RUGGED: The terrain around Burgau is steep and treacherous

PICTURESQUE: The fishing village of Burgau is increasingly popular with tourists
And if there are underwater caves nearby, casting someone into the sea in the dead of night is not without challenges.

A beach to the west of town, the Praia das Cabanas Velhas, offers easier access to the sea for someone driving.

But reaching deeper waters means carrying a child over the slippery rocks at the beach’s edge by moonlight.

It also doesn’t explain why a kidnapper who doesn’t yet know they’re wanted would abduct a child and immediately abandon them.

ON THE SCENE: Star reporter Michael Havis climbed over the rocks to the waterfront
Nonetheless, there are reasons to believe Mr Cristovao’s theory that whoever took Madeleine McCann would have headed west out of Praia da Luz.

One local with knowledge of the case noted that heading east would also mean heading towards the nearest police presence, the cop shop in nearby Lagos.

Mr Cristovao, explaining his theory to the Mirror, said he reached his conclusion about the caves by climbing into "the shoes of somebody who had just taken a child".

He said: "To the east are people, buildings and a higher chance of detection. By heading west there is wilderness… It is a short walk to these rocks."

RELATED ARTICLES
mumof6

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Mon 22 May 2017, 4:56 pm

Gerry and Michael Wright were looking for something or doing something by the caves / rocks. And they weren't admiring the scenery.

Can't remember the date of that photo but I don't think it was that long after May the 3rd..
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy on Mon 22 May 2017, 5:41 pm

Anticipate a new book coming out. "Maddie, the troglodyte years"
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Mon 22 May 2017, 5:43 pm

There certainly are a load of trolls associated with this case........ Very Happy
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine on Mon 22 May 2017, 5:51 pm

I would be interested, if someone here has photos or knowledge of a rock west of PdL in the shape of a
bracket }}}}} ....

I'll explain [preferably in PM], if and when I get replies ...
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Mon 22 May 2017, 5:56 pm

I actually had to look up what troglodyte meant, froggy.

I forgot. Well I didn't know.

You could well be right.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top