Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Page 5 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Châtelaine on Sun 10 May 2015, 11:01 am

dantezebu wrote:James Murray also wrote the interesting article last Sunday about GA and the gofundme without managing to slag him off:
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/574547/Maddie-libel-detective-ruined-Retirement-retreat-seized-cover-McCann-payout

He does seem to be stirring the pot a bit Basketball
***
IMO he's indeed on a carefully worded "mission" ...
avatar
Châtelaine

Posts : 2395
Join date : 2014-08-27
Location : France

Back to top Go down

Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Freedom on Sun 10 May 2015, 12:54 pm

I've just noticed that, according to James Murray, Dianne Webster is the mother of Rachael Oldfield.
avatar
Freedom
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 14111
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 102
Location : The nearest darkened room

Back to top Go down

Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Guest on Sun 10 May 2015, 1:17 pm

Freedom wrote:I've just noticed that, according to James Murray, Dianne Webster is the mother of Rachael Oldfield.

And poor little Mari-Luz Cortez was a Spanish BOY.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Inca on Sun 10 May 2015, 4:17 pm

On the whole I would say not a bad article. A few errors and usual fawning, but we have had worse imo, not too long to go now to the conclusion. imo.
avatar
Inca

Posts : 227
Join date : 2014-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Guest on Sun 10 May 2015, 5:05 pm

Just a thought on this the McCann's are saying they are more determined than ever, do they know this is about to come to an end. A new Government, are they going to allow more money on this case when they have fought their campaign on continuing austerity. So this could come soon. The McCann's let everyone know the drive and determination is still there but also know it is going to end .Then in comes Sonia Poulton with her film , all a bit too late jmo. A positive vibe to that article but just maybe too good to be true. Hope I am wrong.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Guest on Sun 10 May 2015, 8:14 pm

Just a thought on the proven facts in the McCann V Amaral,points 6&7

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/v01.htm

6. The British police dogs “Eddie” and “Keela” detected human blood and cadaver in the apartment 5A, Ocean Club [alínea AR) of the undisputed facts].

7. The British police dogs “Eddie” and “Keela” detected human blood and cadaver in a vehicle rented by the claimants after the disappearance of MMC [alínea AS) of the undisputed facts].

These if I read right are undisputed facts,meaning when the Judge made her initial findings back in Jan,no one including the McCanns lawyer disputed this or if they did they were over ruled, thus its in the final judgement, given that how can SY/OG ignore it.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  PeterMac on Mon 11 May 2015, 1:44 pm

Gerry tried to get his tuppenceworth in, but got shot down by the judge.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Gerry_McCann_08_07_2014.htm
There's no more questions and the Judge is about to dismiss the plaintiff when GMC claims that he has something to say.
The judge says that in a civil trial the parties aren't allowed to spontaneous depositions. But she allows him: please do speak!
GMC says that he wants to make a comment about the dogs; he wants to make it clear that it is not a fact that they detected blood...
The judge interrupts him – The issue here isn't not to elucidate what actually happened. The perspective, in this trial, is to determine whether the book and the documentary affected the plaintiffs.
GMC – But the book mentions facts that aren't true.
The judge – The point isn't to establish whether things are true or not, this is not the issue. We want to know whether we are in the juridical remit of offence to persons. For this it's not necessary to know what the truth is. As a judge I'm not supposed to stand in for a criminal investigation.


And so the undisputed facts shown above indicates yet again that the judge found Gerry' s evidence to be irelevant, and dismissed his statement.
Smal wonder that the McCanns have to pay so much of the damages.
avatar
PeterMac

Posts : 210
Join date : 2015-04-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Admin on Mon 11 May 2015, 1:47 pm

PeterMac wrote:Gerry tried to get his tuppenceworth in, but got shot down by the judge.

http://www.gerrymccannsblogs.co.uk/Gerry_McCann_08_07_2014.htm
There's no more questions and the Judge is about to dismiss the plaintiff when GMC claims that he has something to say.
The judge says that in a civil trial the parties aren't allowed to spontaneous depositions. But she allows him: please do speak!
GMC says that he wants to make a comment about the dogs; he wants to make it clear that it is not a fact that they detected blood...
The judge interrupts him – The issue here isn't not to elucidate what actually happened. The perspective, in this trial, is to determine whether the book and the documentary affected the plaintiffs.
GMC – But the book mentions facts that aren't true.
The judge – The point isn't to establish whether things are true or not, this is not the issue. We want to know whether we are in the juridical remit of offence to persons. For this it's not necessary to know what the truth is. As a judge I'm not supposed to stand in for a criminal investigation.


And so the undisputed facts shown above indicates yet again that the judge found Gerry' s evidence to be irelevant, and dismissed his statement.
Smal wonder that the McCanns have to pay so much of the damages.
So there it is, not a libel trial at all.  So how can the book be banned??

_________________
 
I'd put Cuddle Cat under my pillow at night to be closer to my baby. Not wash memories away - Katie Hopkins
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 1362
Join date : 2014-08-17

http://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Guest on Mon 11 May 2015, 2:41 pm

Admin wrote:
So there it is, not a libel trial at all.  So how can the book be banned??

Because the whole ridiculous episode has now gone on for so long, and become so convoluted, that it can only be maintained with preposterous deus ex machina interventions like this on the part of those running the show. It seems that even they are losing their appetite for it though as it isn't even internally consistent anymore. It now reminds me of Reggie Perrin's "Grot" enterprise, or perhaps more recently Mike Ashley's stewardship of Newcastle United. It doesn't seem to matter how many shades of shit you feed to the greater majority of people - like a beaten dog, the more you treat them with contempt and disdain, the more they seem to like it, and come back for more.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Dee Coy on Mon 11 May 2015, 10:42 pm

Seicento wrote:
Admin wrote:
So there it is, not a libel trial at all.  So how can the book be banned??

Because the whole ridiculous episode has now gone on for so long, and become so convoluted, that it can only be maintained with preposterous deus ex machina interventions like this on the part of those running the show. It seems that even they are losing their appetite for it though as it isn't even internally consistent anymore. It now reminds me of Reggie Perrin's "Grot" enterprise, or perhaps more recently Mike Ashley's stewardship of Newcastle United. It doesn't seem to matter how many shades of shit you feed to the greater majority of people - like a beaten dog, the more you treat them with contempt and disdain, the more they seem to like it, and come back for more.

Try Assem Allam's astonishing tenure at Hull City. Although many have now smelt the coffee and he's a figure of fun, other City fans are so terrified he'll walk away they prostrate themselves at his feet, naked bellies exposed.

_________________
Philip Larkin wrote:It stands plain as a wardrobe, what we know, Have always known, know that we can't escape, Yet can't accept.
avatar
Dee Coy

Posts : 2177
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Mimi on Mon 11 May 2015, 11:07 pm

"The judge – The point isn't to establish whether things are true or not, this is not the issue. We want to know whether we are in the juridical remit of offence to persons. For this it's not necessary to know what the truth is. As a judge I'm not supposed to stand in for a criminal investigation."

Ok - so she has concluded that some of the things said in the book were an `offence to persons`.   They asked for £1 million compensation for being offended and they`ve been awarded a massive sum to salve the pain.  But they didn`t ask for the book to be banned, so why this additional punishment by the Judge when it wasn`t even asked for.

It`s a ridiculous case that `the truth` has not been tested and it is not necessary to know what the truth is. Anyone would be offended if their scam was sussed. I expect Jimmy Savile would have been offended if someone had accused him of abusing kids.

The McCanns could go on forever suing people just as long as the case has never been tested.  Just shows you how this case may never be resolved as long as the McCanns legal team can keep them out of court.

I suppose the next people on their list will be Carvehlo and Hernani whatsisname - oh yes and the lady who interviewed them on TVI.

_________________
The constant assertion of belief is an indication of fear.
Jiddu Krishnamurti

avatar
Mimi

Posts : 3334
Join date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

Sun front page - Ripper's vile Maddie slur - Serial killer casts doubts on the McCanns

Post  candyfloss on Tue 07 Jul 2015, 10:16 pm



Last edited by candyfloss on Tue 07 Jul 2015, 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

_________________
  
 

  


Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
avatar
candyfloss
Admin

Posts : 10594
Join date : 2014-08-18
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  candyfloss on Tue 07 Jul 2015, 10:27 pm

For quite a while I had every sympathy for the parents at their loss, but as you say something is not quite right about it all

As far as I can read it says the above Shocked

_________________
  
 

  


Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
avatar
candyfloss
Admin

Posts : 10594
Join date : 2014-08-18
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  dogs don't lie on Tue 07 Jul 2015, 10:36 pm

I wonder who the letter was written to? That would be good to know as in its not what he is saying, but who he's saying it to, that person has doubts too.

_________________
Fight for Madeleine x
avatar
dogs don't lie

Posts : 2511
Join date : 2014-11-24
Age : 41
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Guest on Tue 07 Jul 2015, 10:46 pm

dogs don't lie wrote:I wonder who the letter was written to? That would be good to know as in its not what he is saying, but who he's saying it to, that person has doubts too.
I wonder how long the Sun has been sitting on this story, because he states "the police are now saying" it looks to me the content is from 2007 (they do say a series of letters).

ETA not suggesting the Sun have held on to this for a considerable time

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  TheTruthWillOut on Tue 07 Jul 2015, 10:52 pm

What I don't get is if the Sun/Murdoch is in the back pocket of TM then why run a story like this? If for sympathy, I doubt that will work..



avatar
TheTruthWillOut

Posts : 1379
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Freedom on Tue 07 Jul 2015, 11:32 pm

The content seems very reasonable but in my view The Sun can only be publishing it to convey the idea that people who doubt the McCanns are on a level with the Yorkshire Ripper.

Absolute sewer journalism.
avatar
Freedom
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 14111
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 102
Location : The nearest darkened room

Back to top Go down

Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  dogs don't lie on Tue 07 Jul 2015, 11:50 pm

http://www.stopthemyths.info/viewtopic.php?f=115&t=7887

YORKSHIRE Ripper Peter Sutcliffe sickeningly casts doubt on the innocence of Madeleine McCann’s parents in a sensational letter revealed today by The Sun.

The bloated psychopath, 69, tells a penpal “there’s something not quite right” about three-year-old Maddie’s disappearance during a Portugal holiday in 2007.

And he alludes to spurious theories which circulated at the time, falsely incriminating the youngster’s dad Gerry and mum Kate.

Sutcliffe writes about Maddie in one of a series of letters sent from Broadmoor high-security hospital to female visitors and friends.

The Ripper, who killed 13 women and attempted to kill seven more between 1975 and 1980, at first says he has sympathy for the McCanns’ “terrible loss”.


But he goes on to deliver the grotesque slurs as the shocking letter unfolds.

Sutcliffe writes: “As for the Madeleine McCann case? For quite a while I had every sympathy for the parents at their terrible loss.

“But there’s something not quite right about it all, the latest thing is that the police say...” (the rest of this sentence cannot be published for legal reasons).

“A lot of people seem to have the idea that the poor wee lass...” (again, The Sun cannot publish the rest of this sentence).

Sutcliffe’s vile claims sparked fears that he has twisted the minds of the vulnerable young women he is writing to.

The McCanns did not respond to a request for comment last night.

_________________
Fight for Madeleine x
avatar
dogs don't lie

Posts : 2511
Join date : 2014-11-24
Age : 41
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Dee Coy on Tue 07 Jul 2015, 11:53 pm

Literally reading between the lines would indicate this is definitely an old letter from when the McCann innocence was being doubted by many. The "latest thing is that the police say...." would indicate that, especially as the police haven't said much for ages.

Why now? Ripper = big sales. Madeleine = big sales. The two together.... But regardless of the revolting character who is voicing this opinion, it is still a frank admission that people hold alternative views regarding the case. The Sun are safe in publishing his views because he really is vile. But you aren't going to see them quoting the same from any sane person who doesn't fall into the "vile troll" pigeonhole, as they'd be CRed. So perhaps the only way they can plant a seed of doubt to keep the story rumbling is to use Sutcliffe?

It's probably purely money-motivated, though.

Wonder if he still holds those views anyway?

_________________
Philip Larkin wrote:It stands plain as a wardrobe, what we know, Have always known, know that we can't escape, Yet can't accept.
avatar
Dee Coy

Posts : 2177
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Poppy on Wed 08 Jul 2015, 12:14 am

but the big selling story of the day Dee coy is 7/7 so why A Maddie story by the sun?
avatar
Poppy

Posts : 275
Join date : 2014-08-30
Age : 58

Back to top Go down

Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Dee Coy on Wed 08 Jul 2015, 12:20 am

Poppy wrote:but the big selling story of the day Dee coy is 7/7 so why A Maddie story by the sun?

You're right - it's hardly a slow news day, is it? scratch

So is this a case of "timing is everything", then? And, if so, why? Twitchiness - or something more calculating?

Hmm.

_________________
Philip Larkin wrote:It stands plain as a wardrobe, what we know, Have always known, know that we can't escape, Yet can't accept.
avatar
Dee Coy

Posts : 2177
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  TheTruthWillOut on Wed 08 Jul 2015, 12:34 am

I really don't buy the McCanns sell papers. I live in Leicester and most people don't even know the M's until you explain and even then they're vague (that girl that went missing years ago?). The avg circulation of the Sun is down to 1.8 million and going down 10% year on year. All other papers are dropping too.

Like said above, tomorrows papers should really have the 10th anniversary of 7/7 on the front page which probably would give a spike in sales.
avatar
TheTruthWillOut

Posts : 1379
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Dee Coy on Wed 08 Jul 2015, 12:39 am

Again, hmm. Is something causing concern or is it possible (pathetically remotely, I know), that Murdoch the worm has turned? For reasons best known only to himself?

_________________
Philip Larkin wrote:It stands plain as a wardrobe, what we know, Have always known, know that we can't escape, Yet can't accept.
avatar
Dee Coy

Posts : 2177
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Dee Coy on Wed 08 Jul 2015, 12:42 am

dogs don't lie wrote:I wonder who the letter was written to? That would be good to know as in its not what he is saying, but who he's saying it to, that person has doubts too.
Excellent point.

_________________
Philip Larkin wrote:It stands plain as a wardrobe, what we know, Have always known, know that we can't escape, Yet can't accept.
avatar
Dee Coy

Posts : 2177
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Bampots on Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:38 am

I think it's just more propaganda,strong stuff in this instance. It only purpose is to brush large dollops of sh¥t on to the likes of ourselves........No

_________________
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts
Winston Churchill 
avatar
Bampots

Posts : 2219
Join date : 2014-09-07
Age : 56

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum