MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

+59
chrissie
Guinea Pig
candyfloss
poster
niklasericson
Tangled Web
dogs don't lie
PMR
froggy
Rosa canina
Antonia
Poe
hesla
curious
mumof6
What's_up_doc?
Bloodhound
Hope
Catupatree
Satsuma
AndyB
sally66
espeland
dandaar
kylie
Walt
Hellsbells
Burst
bluebell
JJ
Mo
chris
Bubblewrapped
Bampots
Admin
PeterMac
Inca
dantezebu
costello
Mimi
margaret
Scrants
Cristobell
cherry
Ixta
chirpyinsect
Carlymichelle
Châtelaine
nobodythereeither
TheTruthWillOut
gbwales
Anne
chilli
Dee Coy
Lioned
Andrew
Justformaddiemccann
Poppy
Popcorn
63 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 6 Empty Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Dee Coy Mon 11 May 2015, 10:42 pm

Seicento wrote:
Admin wrote:
So there it is, not a libel trial at all.  So how can the book be banned??

Because the whole ridiculous episode has now gone on for so long, and become so convoluted, that it can only be maintained with preposterous deus ex machina interventions like this on the part of those running the show. It seems that even they are losing their appetite for it though as it isn't even internally consistent anymore. It now reminds me of Reggie Perrin's "Grot" enterprise, or perhaps more recently Mike Ashley's stewardship of Newcastle United. It doesn't seem to matter how many shades of shit you feed to the greater majority of people - like a beaten dog, the more you treat them with contempt and disdain, the more they seem to like it, and come back for more.

Try Assem Allam's astonishing tenure at Hull City. Although many have now smelt the coffee and he's a figure of fun, other City fans are so terrified he'll walk away they prostrate themselves at his feet, naked bellies exposed.

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 6 Empty Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Mimi Mon 11 May 2015, 11:07 pm

"The judge – The point isn't to establish whether things are true or not, this is not the issue. We want to know whether we are in the juridical remit of offence to persons. For this it's not necessary to know what the truth is. As a judge I'm not supposed to stand in for a criminal investigation."

Ok - so she has concluded that some of the things said in the book were an `offence to persons`.   They asked for £1 million compensation for being offended and they`ve been awarded a massive sum to salve the pain.  But they didn`t ask for the book to be banned, so why this additional punishment by the Judge when it wasn`t even asked for.

It`s a ridiculous case that `the truth` has not been tested and it is not necessary to know what the truth is. Anyone would be offended if their scam was sussed. I expect Jimmy Savile would have been offended if someone had accused him of abusing kids.

The McCanns could go on forever suing people just as long as the case has never been tested.  Just shows you how this case may never be resolved as long as the McCanns legal team can keep them out of court.

I suppose the next people on their list will be Carvehlo and Hernani whatsisname - oh yes and the lady who interviewed them on TVI.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 6 Empty Sun front page - Ripper's vile Maddie slur - Serial killer casts doubts on the McCanns

Post  candyfloss Tue 07 Jul 2015, 10:16 pm

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 6 CJV0G2OUYAEeE1W

Last edited by candyfloss on Tue 07 Jul 2015, 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 07 Jul 2015, 10:27 pm

For quite a while I had every sympathy for the parents at their loss, but as you say something is not quite right about it all

As far as I can read it says the above Shocked

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Tue 07 Jul 2015, 10:36 pm

I wonder who the letter was written to? That would be good to know as in its not what he is saying, but who he's saying it to, that person has doubts too.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 07 Jul 2015, 10:46 pm

dogs don't lie wrote:I wonder who the letter was written to? That would be good to know as in its not what he is saying, but who he's saying it to, that person has doubts too.
I wonder how long the Sun has been sitting on this story, because he states "the police are now saying" it looks to me the content is from 2007 (they do say a series of letters).

ETA not suggesting the Sun have held on to this for a considerable time

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Tue 07 Jul 2015, 10:52 pm

What I don't get is if the Sun/Murdoch is in the back pocket of TM then why run a story like this? If for sympathy, I doubt that will work..

TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 07 Jul 2015, 11:32 pm

The content seems very reasonable but in my view The Sun can only be publishing it to convey the idea that people who doubt the McCanns are on a level with the Yorkshire Ripper.

Absolute sewer journalism.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Tue 07 Jul 2015, 11:50 pm

http://www.stopthemyths.info/viewtopic.php?f=115&t=7887

YORKSHIRE Ripper Peter Sutcliffe sickeningly casts doubt on the innocence of Madeleine McCann’s parents in a sensational letter revealed today by The Sun.

The bloated psychopath, 69, tells a penpal “there’s something not quite right” about three-year-old Maddie’s disappearance during a Portugal holiday in 2007.

And he alludes to spurious theories which circulated at the time, falsely incriminating the youngster’s dad Gerry and mum Kate.

Sutcliffe writes about Maddie in one of a series of letters sent from Broadmoor high-security hospital to female visitors and friends.

The Ripper, who killed 13 women and attempted to kill seven more between 1975 and 1980, at first says he has sympathy for the McCanns’ “terrible loss”.

But he goes on to deliver the grotesque slurs as the shocking letter unfolds.

Sutcliffe writes: “As for the Madeleine McCann case? For quite a while I had every sympathy for the parents at their terrible loss.

“But there’s something not quite right about it all, the latest thing is that the police say...” (the rest of this sentence cannot be published for legal reasons).

“A lot of people seem to have the idea that the poor wee lass...” (again, The Sun cannot publish the rest of this sentence).

Sutcliffe’s vile claims sparked fears that he has twisted the minds of the vulnerable young women he is writing to.

The McCanns did not respond to a request for comment last night.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Tue 07 Jul 2015, 11:53 pm

Literally reading between the lines would indicate this is definitely an old letter from when the McCann innocence was being doubted by many. The "latest thing is that the police say...." would indicate that, especially as the police haven't said much for ages.

Why now? Ripper = big sales. Madeleine = big sales. The two together.... But regardless of the revolting character who is voicing this opinion, it is still a frank admission that people hold alternative views regarding the case. The Sun are safe in publishing his views because he really is vile. But you aren't going to see them quoting the same from any sane person who doesn't fall into the "vile troll" pigeonhole, as they'd be CRed. So perhaps the only way they can plant a seed of doubt to keep the story rumbling is to use Sutcliffe?

It's probably purely money-motivated, though.

Wonder if he still holds those views anyway?

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppy Wed 08 Jul 2015, 12:14 am

but the big selling story of the day Dee coy is 7/7 so why A Maddie story by the sun?
Poppy
Poppy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Wed 08 Jul 2015, 12:20 am

Poppy wrote:but the big selling story of the day Dee coy is 7/7 so why A Maddie story by the sun?

You're right - it's hardly a slow news day, is it? scratch

So is this a case of "timing is everything", then? And, if so, why? Twitchiness - or something more calculating?

Hmm.

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Wed 08 Jul 2015, 12:34 am

I really don't buy the McCanns sell papers. I live in Leicester and most people don't even know the M's until you explain and even then they're vague (that girl that went missing years ago?). The avg circulation of the Sun is down to 1.8 million and going down 10% year on year. All other papers are dropping too.

Like said above, tomorrows papers should really have the 10th anniversary of 7/7 on the front page which probably would give a spike in sales.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Wed 08 Jul 2015, 12:39 am

Again, hmm. Is something causing concern or is it possible (pathetically remotely, I know), that Murdoch the worm has turned? For reasons best known only to himself?

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Wed 08 Jul 2015, 12:42 am

dogs don't lie wrote:I wonder who the letter was written to? That would be good to know as in its not what he is saying, but who he's saying it to, that person has doubts too.
Excellent point.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Wed 08 Jul 2015, 7:38 am

I think it's just more propaganda,strong stuff in this instance. It only purpose is to brush large dollops of sh¥t on to the likes of ourselves........No

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Wed 08 Jul 2015, 8:02 am

Since when did a raving psychopath have sympathy for anyone? They are incapable of such feelings. He certainly showed none for the families of the young women he brutally murdered.

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Wed 08 Jul 2015, 9:08 am

Dee Coy wrote:
Poppy wrote:but the big selling story of the day Dee coy is 7/7 so why A Maddie story by the sun?

You're right - it's hardly a slow news day, is it? scratch
So is this a case of "timing is everything", then? And, if so, why? Twitchiness - or something more calculating?

Hmm.

Hmm indeed.

7/7
Greece
Syria
ISIS
The Budget
Wimbledon

There is so much happening at the moment with so many possible headlines that this must have been done for a specific reason.  A message?  But to whom?

I suppose we'll have to wait and see whether this turns out to be an attack on those who don't believe the McCann fairytale or part of a subtle change of attitude in The Sun reporting about the couple.

NI has no loyalty to the McCanns - they are simply a moneymaking opportunity to old Rupert. When the story breaks, if it is still publishing, The Sun will be up front and centre loudly vilifying the couple along with all the other NI outlets.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 08 Jul 2015, 9:18 am

A message to the team that's handling Dr Amaral's appeal?

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 08 Jul 2015, 9:29 am

Comments not favouring the McCann's on Sun Facebook page, have a look.....

https://www.facebook.com/thesun

You need to scroll down a bit down the page.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell Wed 08 Jul 2015, 9:36 am

Strange story and as others have pointed out, plenty of headlines to pick from.

I am trying to imagine how Kate, Gerry and Team McCann will react to this story, and I imagine they will be mad as hell.  The Sun have juxtaposed the name of Madeleine with a heinous killer and themselves in a subtle Hannibal Lecter scenario* that does them no favours whatsoever.  

Imagine how happy they would be if the headline read 'Archbishop of Canterbury' (or another saintly person) stating 'the McCanns couldn't possibly be involved'.  Those would be the kind of headlines Team McCann are crying out for, stories from their friends in high places supporting them.

I don't believe this is an attempt to slur those who don't believe the McCanns, the links are too tenuous, the average Sun reader will think 'blimey, even the Yorkshire Ripper thinks they did it, and he would know'.  It's quite clever actually, it slurs the parents without incurring libel costs.  The 'Ripper' cannot deny what he said, it is in his handwriting, and they can't sue the Sun, because they are reporting the opinion of a scumbag not a credible commentator.  

This looks like payback to me, and it could be the first of many. I have a feeling Rupert has been biding his time.

*using a killer to catch a killer
Cristobell
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 08 Jul 2015, 9:54 am

Not sure what to make of this. As others have pointed out, the timing in itself seems most odd due to what's going on at the moment etc, and also if it is an old story then why bring it out now?

I personally don't think it's the work of Team McCann / Mitchell....

Would they really endorse the words "cast doubts on the McCanns" on the front page of a leading rag, regardless of who actually quoted it....?

I don't think so....

If it was something like "Yorkshire Ripper knows who took Maddie" then yes, absolutely Team McCann.

In all fairness, the average Sun reader might actually believe what Sutcliffe is saying... Might prompt some more folk to look into things further...

Interesting that it was noted they couldn't print certain sentences for legal reasons. Again would Team McCann allow that..... That just makes people more curious.

Or as others have mentioned - it could just be that rag sales are going down the toilet so stick a Ripper / Maddie combo up and watch the ££££'s come in... But I think there's more to it than that.

Murdoch is playing a game.

Just my thoughts.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 6 Empty Re:Sun front page -Rippers vile Maddie slur-serial killer casts doubts on the McCanns.

Post  costello Wed 08 Jul 2015, 10:00 am

Cristobell wrote:Strange story and as others have pointed out, plenty of headlines to pick from.

I am trying to imagine how Kate, Gerry and Team McCann will react to this story, and I imagine they will be mad as hell.  The Sun have juxtaposed the name of Madeleine with a heinous killer and themselves in a subtle Hannibal Lecter scenario* that does them no favours whatsoever.  

Imagine how happy they would be if the headline read 'Archbishop of Canterbury' (or another saintly person) stating 'the McCanns couldn't possibly be involved'.  Those would be the kind of headlines Team McCann are crying out for, stories from their friends in high places supporting them.

I don't believe this is an attempt to slur those who don't believe the McCanns, the links are too tenuous, the average Sun reader will think 'blimey, even the Yorkshire Ripper thinks they did it, and he would know'.  It's quite clever actually, it slurs the parents without incurring libel costs.  The 'Ripper' cannot deny what he said, it is in his handwriting, and they can't sue the Sun, because they are reporting the opinion of a scumbag not a credible commentator.  

This looks like payback to me, and it could be the first of many. I have a feeling Rupert has been biding his time.

*using a killer to catch a killer
I agree Cristobell, hopefully the tides are turning.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 08 Jul 2015, 10:07 am

Lord Laffin @em ‏@veniviedivici · 4 mins4 minutes ago
@5WrightStuff <--- Having a phone in on #Ripper and his #McCann views, could be entertaining ! @VictoriaLIVE

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 08 Jul 2015, 10:10 am

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/rippers-love-letters-to-women-fans/ar-AAcHpKM?ocid=mailsignoutmd

It is part of a letter to one of his many fans, according to this article.

I wonder if there is anyone considered so vile (where have I heard that word before?) that they don't receive fan mail?
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next