MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

+59
chrissie
Guinea Pig
candyfloss
poster
niklasericson
Tangled Web
dogs don't lie
PMR
froggy
Rosa canina
Antonia
Poe
hesla
curious
mumof6
What's_up_doc?
Bloodhound
Hope
Catupatree
Satsuma
AndyB
sally66
espeland
dandaar
kylie
Walt
Hellsbells
Burst
bluebell
JJ
Mo
chris
Bubblewrapped
Bampots
Admin
PeterMac
Inca
dantezebu
costello
Mimi
margaret
Scrants
Cristobell
cherry
Ixta
chirpyinsect
Carlymichelle
Châtelaine
nobodythereeither
TheTruthWillOut
gbwales
Anne
chilli
Dee Coy
Lioned
Andrew
Justformaddiemccann
Poppy
Popcorn
63 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 10 Empty Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Andrew Tue 01 Sep 2015, 11:52 am

Snipped from above article... 

More recently, a psychic in Burnley announced that Madeleine was alive and well and studying at a college in Minnesota.

.... Never heard or read about that garbage before.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 10 Empty Re: Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories

Post  Freedom Tue 01 Sep 2015, 11:53 am

Yes, I remember that one and will try to find it again. Madeleine (then aged about 9) was at a college with 18-year-olds. She should have been very easy to spot!

P.S. Got it.

http://www.burnleyexpress.net/news/weird/burnley-psychic-in-hunt-for-missing-madeleine-mccann-1-4628588
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 01 Sep 2015, 11:58 am

Reading that reference to Doris Stokes and her claims about the Yorkshire Ripper, she was at least right in some respects about the hoaxer who pretended to be him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wearside_Jack
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 01 Sep 2015, 12:01 pm

Christ. What absolute nonsense. 

Snipped this bit though...

Acorah said that a messenger from the spirit world told him: “She’s not on this earth any more”, but he has since apologised to Maddie’s parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, saying he was misquoted.

Misquoted or Carter Rucked.... 

The latter me thinks.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  nobodythereeither Tue 01 Sep 2015, 6:47 pm

Resistor wrote:http://forensicastrology.blogspot.co.uk/2008/05/madeleine-mc-cann.html
From 2008, and it is really quite shocking.

My goodness!

That is a very very interesting article!

ETA: I studied astrology for a year, a long time ago.

I would say that what this astrologer is saying seems to fit in with the charts she (?) has shown.

She (?) may well have read some stuff about the case, but that doesn't mean that she can just force the chart interpretation to fit what she has read.

Other astrologers reading the blog would pick her up on it immediately.

As I say, very very interesting.
nobodythereeither
nobodythereeither

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 10 Empty 'Madeleine McCann case' behind Jet2 decision to bar sixteen-year-old girl from flying to Portugal alone

Post  candyfloss Sun 18 Oct 2015, 9:47 am

'Madeleine McCann case' behind Jet2 decision to bar sixteen-year-old girl from flying to Portugal alone

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-case-behind-jet2-6654982#ICID=FB_mirror_main

Doh, what next Rolling Eyes

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 18 Oct 2015, 9:49 am

08:34, 18 Oct 2015

A sixteen-year-old girl was told she couldn’t board a flight to Portugal alone "because of the Madeleine McCann case ".
Eilidh Strathie was all set to travel to Faro from Edinburgh to stay with her grandparents on the Algarve but was stopped at the gate by ground staff from Jet2.

They said that Eilidh - who is old enough to get married, join the army and ride a motorbike - needed a letter of consent from her parents and details of who would be collecting her in Portugal.
Although the British airline "allows persons aged 14 or over to travel alone", staff said rules in Portugal have tightened up as a result of the high-profile McCann abduction case.
Maddy disappeared aged three from her family's holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in 2007.
Portuguese authorities came in for stinging criticism for their handling of the case.

Eilidh's parents were unable to email their consent in time to get her on the flight, and ended up having to come and bring their disappointed daughter home from Edinburgh airport.
Eilidh said: "My mum and dad took me to the airport and waited until I was through security.
"I went to the gate when boarding was called, but when I got to the desk the woman took me out of the queue and said I could not fly as I didn't have a letter giving my parents' consent and saying who was picking me up at the other end. It was really embarrassing."
Eilidh's mum, Corinna Strathie, was shocked when she got a call just 25 minutes before Eilidh's flight was due to leave.

Corinna, 42, said: "We'd left the airport by that time to go to work, and the Jet2 staff told us Eilidh would only be allowed to board if we quickly emailed our consent and the details of who she would be staying with.
"We tried desperately to send it, but the phone reception wasn't good and the emails simply wouldn't go through. It was heartbreaking and so frustrating."
Corinna added: "The staff, who were kind and helpful, explained that the reason Portugal is so strict is that the authorities there were criticised after the Madeleine McCann case.

"But this seems like a real overreaction to that."

It didn't even cross my mind that you wouldn't be able to fly alone at that age. You can get married and leave home, but you need a letter from your mum and dad to fly to Portugal.
"I was so angry. At no point when I was booking the flight online did it flag up that people need written consent to travel to Portugal at that age.
"I was told that the information was included in the FAQ section, but when I checked later it was not clear at all that you are considered a minor at 16."
The Foreign Office guidance on travelling to Portugal now states: "All minors entering or leaving Portugal must be in possession of a letter of parental consent if travelling with adults other than their parents or legal guardians."

A Jet2.com spokesperson said: "We're sorry Eilidh and her family had such a frustrating experience.
"Jet2.com follows the clear advice set out by the Portuguese authorities, which can also be seen on the Foreign Office travel advice website.
"We have to ask for the letter of consent and details of who is meeting someone of this age as it is possible the Portuguese passport control may deny them entry into the country without such documents. In that case the airline can also be subject to a large fine.
"However, we acknowledge our FAQs could have been clearer and will be taking steps to change them. We would also like to offer the family a refund of the cost of the flight Eilidh missed as a goodwill gesture."
A spokesman for the British Air Travel Association said: "We encourage parents of minors who will be travelling unaccompanied to check with their airline before travel.
"Travel advice is also available on the Foreign Office website."

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 18 Oct 2015, 10:24 am

What a load of rowlocks - or something like that.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Hellsbells Sun 18 Oct 2015, 10:52 am

Smithman would have had a problem carrying her away without anyone noticing.

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 10 2D8674D000000578-0-image-m-3_1445158216804
Hellsbells
Hellsbells

Back to top Go down

Tabloid Rags: Various inane stories - Page 10 Empty Girl prevented from travelling because of Madeleine

Post  Bampots Sun 18 Oct 2015, 11:44 am

MailOnline - Eilidh Strathie was heading to Faro when she was stopped at the gate by Jet2 staff

A 16-year-old travelling alone to Portugal was prevented from boarding a Jet2 flight 'because of the Madeleine McCann case'.

Eilidh Strathie was heading to Faro on Tuesday when she was prevented from boarding the flight at Edinburgh at the very last minute.

To her shock, she was told she would not be allowed to board without a letter of consent from her parents - despite the fact she is old enough to marry and join the army.

According to Jet2 staff, they could not allow her to fly because Portugal had tightened its rules after criticism of its handling of the Madeleine McCann case.

The three-year-old disappeared without a trace from Praia da Luz, in the Algarve, in 2007.

The astonished teenager, who was due to spend a week with her friend and her friend's grandparents in a villa near Albufiera, had made it all the way to the gate before anyone raised the issue of Portugal's stricter guidelines to her.

Eilidh said: 'I went to the gate when boarding was called, but when I got to the desk the woman took me out of the queue and said I could not fly as I didn't have a letter giving my parents' consent and saying who was picking me up at the other end.

'It was really embarrassing.'

Eilidh and her parents had believed she would be alright to fly by herself as the Jet2 website saying it 'allows persons aged 14 or over to travel alone'.

The website fails to make clear that Portugal put stricter requirements in place in the wake of the Madeleine McCann case, which meant 16-year-old Eilidh was still considered a minor and couldn't fly without a letter of consent from her parents, as well as details of who would collect her at Faro.

The country considers anyone under 18 a minor.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3277804/Teenager-16-travelling-Portugal-stopped-boarding-Jet2-flight-Madeleine-McCann-case.html#ixzz3ounC7UOw
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 18 Oct 2015, 11:53 am

Your topic merged here Bampots as the same subject.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Sun 18 Oct 2015, 12:00 pm

The repercussions of this case go on and on. How many people have been affected by unnecessary fear, paranoia and mistrust? To say nothing of all those affected directly, some with their lives, their livelihoods, the downturn in fortune of Praia da Luz..... Will anyone ever be held accountable?

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Sun 18 Oct 2015, 12:06 pm

I placed it earlier in NEWS because I didn't think it merited anything of value to the the case other than her name.

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Walt Sun 18 Oct 2015, 12:26 pm

Interesting comment on the mail on line.

The DM cannot help but get in a dig against the McCann's. Usually its Pippa or the McCann's but both have been used by the DM today to plant more negativeness against McCann's and Pippa.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3277804/Teenager-16-travelling-Portugal-stopped-boarding-Jet2-flight-Madeleine-McCann-case.html#ixzz3ouyFHahX
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Walt
Walt

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sun 18 Oct 2015, 2:10 pm

Well now this has gotten WELL beyond ridiculous

Back to top Go down

Post  Walt Sun 18 Oct 2015, 6:15 pm

You have to wonder who put this in the papers,spokesman any one?
Walt
Walt

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Mon 19 Oct 2015, 8:33 am

Walt wrote:You have to wonder who put this in the papers,spokesman any one?

The shills are out in force on twitter this morning so perhaps there is some news about to break that needs a distraction.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 19 Oct 2015, 9:35 am

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/12105701_819852198131961_8401177855957665034_n.jpg?oh=76d6ee68c9b6f1c6d2d54e7bf915344e&oe=5684BC0D

Someone has posted this on Facebook. It does not seem that there is usually a problem with unaccompanied 16-year-olds.

Another manufactured story, I think.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Mon 19 Oct 2015, 10:54 am

According to Textusa this has been the law since before Madeleine. I cant cut and paste as I'm on the infernal phone,touch the wrong thing normally and it offers to C/P. Try do it on demand it quickly decides to freeze solid Embarassed Evil or Very Mad

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 19 Oct 2015, 11:06 am

Bampots wrote:According to Textusa this has been the law since before Madeleine. I cant cut and paste as I'm on the infernal phone,touch the wrong thing normally and it offers to C/P. Try do it on demand it quickly decides to freeze solid Embarassed Evil or Very Mad

Textusa18 Oct 2015, 12:28:00
Anonymous18 Oct 2015, 12:15:00

"Staff at Jet2 said Portuguese authorities now have tighter controls around "minors"".

Not true. The controls are exactly the same as they have been for years. It's called the LAW. The Portuguese LAW. It was in place sometime before Maddie McCann disappeared. Lest people forget, Portugal was not born that day. It existed before. Only 800 years before.

"They said that Eilidh (...) needed a letter of consent from her parents and details of who would be collecting her in Portugal".

Yes, that's absolutely correct, that's what LAW says. The Portuguese LAW.

The law states that a minor (in Portugal anyone under 18) travelling alone must be accompanied by a written authorisation from parents and where it has to be equally stated to whom will the child be handed over by the airline on arrival.

The airline is responsible to assign a flight attendant to the child. A flight attendant may be responsible for more than one minor but each minor has to be accompanied from the moment they are left at the airport by their guardians to the moment they are handed over to those stated in the authorisation.

Minors flying with just one parent have to be accompanied by an authorisation by the absent parent or a document proving such parent has passed away.

If this is about Maddie then literally hundreds of thousands have flown under "Maddie constraint" before and after she disappeared.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Mon 19 Oct 2015, 11:38 am

It's embarrassing isn't it?

Off the top of my head: we've had a couple who got roaring drunk but it wasn't their fault the Portuguese police took their baby off them, no it was because of Madeleine; then there's the hotel full of people who caused chaos at a wedding in Cyprus because Madeleine and now we have parents who let their 16 year old go to an airport without checking she has all the necessary paperwork but it isn't their fault, it's the Portuguese because Madeleine McCann Rolling Eyes
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Mon 19 Oct 2015, 11:49 am

Certainly is Poe. We are the louts most of the time! Jatyk2 spend whole threads slagging off Portugal,whether it is the Police legal system or the country and pedophillia. What is the agenda with this non story which should have no Madeleine tag but does......as for the girl she needs parents who do their homework and look out for her.

Thanks for link to Textusa Andrew good to see you keep up with her blog!!! lol!

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Popcorn Mon 19 Oct 2015, 12:07 pm

Andrew wrote:
Bampots wrote:According to Textusa this has been the law since before Madeleine. I cant cut and paste as I'm on the infernal phone,touch the wrong thing normally and it offers to C/P. Try do it on demand it quickly decides to freeze solid Embarassed Evil or Very Mad

Textusa18 Oct 2015, 12:28:00
Anonymous18 Oct 2015, 12:15:00

"Staff at Jet2 said Portuguese authorities now have tighter controls around "minors"".

Not true. The controls are exactly the same as they have been for years. It's called the LAW. The Portuguese LAW. It was in place sometime before Maddie McCann disappeared. Lest people forget, Portugal was not born that day. It existed before. Only 800 years before.

"They said that Eilidh (...) needed a letter of consent from her parents and details of who would be collecting her in Portugal".

Yes, that's absolutely correct, that's what LAW says. The Portuguese LAW.

The law states that a minor (in Portugal anyone under 18) travelling alone must be accompanied by a written authorisation from parents and where it has to be equally stated to whom will the child be handed over by the airline on arrival.

The airline is responsible to assign a flight attendant to the child. A flight attendant may be responsible for more than one minor but each minor has to be accompanied from the moment they are left at the airport by their guardians to the moment they are handed over to those stated in the authorisation.

Minors flying with just one parent have to be accompanied by an authorisation by the absent parent or a document proving such parent has passed away.

If this is about Maddie then literally hundreds of thousands have flown under "Maddie constraint" before and after she disappeared.

So what you're saying is that the Portuguese take the safety of minors more seriously than us Brits? How awkward… Embarassed
Popcorn
Popcorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Mon 19 Oct 2015, 2:47 pm

Interesting. So if this was law before Madeleine disappeared, an abducted Madeleine could only have been flown out of a major airport in Portugal with written permission from both her parents.

Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 19 Oct 2015, 10:49 pm

Off topic posts deleted. I thought we were going back to talk about the case.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next