MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Manchester Arena bombing

+12
Guinea Pig
What's_up_doc?
costello
Châtelaine
candyfloss
Bampots
Mimi
Winslow Boy
Andrew
chrissie
Helenmeg
PMR
16 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Manchester Arena bombing - Page 2 Empty Re: The Manchester Arena bombing

Post  Andrew Wed 24 May 2017, 8:17 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4536602/Buckingham-Palace-military-armed-guard.html

BREAKING NEWS: Buckingham Palace, Westminster and Downing Street will be under military armed guard from today

British soldiers will be deployed across London this morning less than 24 hours after Theresa May warned that a further terror attack may be 'imminent'.

Armed troops will guard 'key locations' such as Buckingham Palace, Downing Street, the Palace of Westminster and embassies, Scotland Yard said.

Soldiers will replace armed police at many sites under Operation Temperer, which is being enacted after security experts warned the Government that another terrorist attack could be imminent.

The decision taken at a meeting of the Government's emergency Cobra committee will mean soldiers will play a key role in protecting civilians and free up armed police officers to help fight the terror threat.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  PMR Wed 24 May 2017, 8:19 am

UK terror level now at Critical meaning another attack maybe imminent. There is also going to be military involvement alongside armed police 
Edited to add crossed with Andrew 

Can I also say well done to this forum for staying calm and rational and not descending into a seething mass of racism unlike elsewhere
PMR
PMR

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 24 May 2017, 8:42 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4536624/Salman-Abedi-known-security-services-point.html

Manchester bomber Salman Abedi was known to intelligence services 'up to a point' and had 'returned from ISIS hotbed Libya days before concert attack'
Salman Abedi had only recently returned from Libya before launching his attack
Mancunian of Libyan descent 'had made regular visits to North African country'
22-year-old may have taken advantage of Libya conflict to sneak across to Syria
There are fears that he underwent terror training in a Middle East conflict zone
Abedi killed 22 after detonating suicide bomb at Manchester Arena on Monday
Home Secretary has said he was known to intelligence services 'up to a point'
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  PMR Wed 24 May 2017, 8:49 am

It was said on the radio yesterday that,actually it is better if people are known to the security services to a degree. Far too many are known to watch them all but if someone commits an atrocity who is unknown that means they have missed something big .
PMR
PMR

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 24 May 2017, 9:20 am

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 24 May 2017, 10:46 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4537016/Three-men-arrested-Manchester-connection-attack.html

BREAKING NEWS: Three men arrested in south Manchester in connection with concert bomb attack

Three men have been arrested in south Manchester in connection with concert bomb attack.

Greater Manchester Police said in a statement: 'Three men have been arrested after police executed warrants in South Manchester, in connection with the ongoing investigation into Monday night’s horrific attack at the Manchester arena.'

It follows the arrest of a 23-year-old man arrested yesterday morning in connection with the attack that killed 22 and injured at least 119.

Ian Hopkins, chief constable of Greater Manchester Police, addressed the media and in a recorded message says: 'Part of this response has seen us arrest a 23-year-old man in connection with the attack and we've also carried out two warrants.'
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  PMR Wed 24 May 2017, 10:46 am

The Changing of the Guard today is cancelled,and there is a shed load of police outside Buckingham palace
PMR
PMR

Back to top Go down

The Manchester Arena bombing - Page 2 Empty What's the Answer

Post  Winslow Boy Wed 24 May 2017, 10:46 am

Post being assessed.  Although if you want to read that sort of stuff best to read it over where it was posted... we don't really want that here.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Wed 24 May 2017, 10:52 am

Have you seen the news.......lots of Mancunian muslims are on the news condemning these atrocities.....it's a pity the shitstirrers don't show as much respect!!!

I've merged the last two posts with the main topic.

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 24 May 2017, 11:00 am

I am looking at your post Winslow Boy, don't think we want that here really.  Leave it there where it belongs I think.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 24 May 2017, 11:23 am

PMR wrote:The Changing of the Guard today is cancelled,and there is a shed load of police outside Buckingham palace

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4537128/Man-held-armed-outside-Buckingham-Palace.html
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Winslow Boy Wed 24 May 2017, 11:27 am

Bampots wrote:Have you seen the news.......lots of Mancunian muslims are on the news condemning these atrocities.....it's a pity the shitstirrers don't show as much respect!!!

I've merged the last two posts with the main topic.

And that's a good thing, this is what they should be doing all over the country. Muhammed Ali would not fight in that American war, because of his Muslim beliefs,this is the true meaning of being a Muslim, a peaceful faith.

Delete if inappropriate Freedom.Candyfloss

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 24 May 2017, 2:19 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Wed 24 May 2017, 3:03 pm

It's horrible. And I feel for victims, family, witnesses and rescuers.

They're called terrorists and that's exactly what they want: sow terror. Everyone afraid, staying at home with the curtains closed.
IMO the governments should not play ball and say every time the alert is raised to top level. They should say: "go figure" and meanwhile in silence try to smoke them out. They won't meet their goal, because WE WILL NOT NOT BE FRIGHTENED.
Crossing the street is dangerous, as well as driving a car, mounting a staircase, walking on ice, climbing a mountain, going on safari, boarding a plane ... But we still do. So middle finger up to "terrorists"!

And: Muslims are not the problem. You can put the Koran, the Torah and the Old Testament together, and it will be difficult to see a real difference between the 3 religions. It's the extremists in every religion, who are deranged and dangerous. Because they cling onto something, knowingly or ignoringly to something from past times.

We all have our ideas, convinces, knowledge nowadays. And are willingly discussing, debating & often accepting and changing in important or minor ways, those other ideas and believes.

Sorry, I just had to have this off of my chest.
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 24 May 2017, 3:05 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4537798/My-son-innocent-insists-dad-Manchester-Arena-bomber.html

BREAKING NEWS: My son is innocent, insists father of Manchester Arena bomber Salman Abedi
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 24 May 2017, 3:06 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4537792/Police-believe-Manchester-bomb-maker-large.html

BREAKING NEWS: Police believe Manchester Arena bomb maker is still at large
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Wed 24 May 2017, 3:21 pm

Châtelaine wrote:It's horrible. And I feel for victims, family, witnesses and rescuers.

They're called terrorists and that's exactly what they want: sow terror. Everyone afraid, staying at home with the curtains closed.
IMO the governments should not play ball and say every time the alert is raised to top level. They should say: "go figure" and meanwhile in silence try to smoke them out. They won't meet their goal, because WE WILL NOT NOT BE FRIGHTENED.
Crossing the street is dangerous, as well as driving a car, mounting a staircase, walking on ice, climbing a mountain, going on safari, boarding a plane ... But we still do. So middle finger up to "terrorists"!

And: Muslims are not the problem. You can put the Koran, the Torah and the Old Testament together, and it will be difficult to see a real difference between the 3 religions. It's the extremists in every religion, who are deranged and dangerous. Because they cling onto something, knowingly or ignoringly to something from past times.

We all have our ideas, convinces, knowledge nowadays. And are willingly discussing, debating & often accepting and changing in important or minor ways, those other ideas and believes.

Sorry, I just had to have this off of my chest.

So true.

Apart from being afraid. I would be afraid if I had to use the underground everyday like my daughter-in-law, or even london buses. In a way I agree with Katie Hopkins when she says we should not think of it as `normal everyday life now`, railing against what the muslim lord mayor of London has said.

But the USA/CIA/ISRAEL stick their greedy noses in everywhere and get it all fired up. They`ve just done it in Ukraine and I bet Venezuela will be next. When you keep meddling in the affairs of other countries you are going to get extremists rebelling against it. I blame all these troubles on the USA and their antagonistic, redneck attitude. To me, they are the ones that are backward and without wisdom.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 24 May 2017, 3:24 pm

Chief Constable Ian Hopkins is holding a press conference - this is his new statement:

“I would like to confirm that we are confident that we have now spoken to all the immediate families of those who sadly died in Monday’s attack and they are all now being supported by specially trained officers.
“Due to the number of victims Home Office post-mortems are likely to take between four and five days. After this we will be in a position to formally name the victims with guidance from the Coroner. We have also spoken to all of the families and all of those who are currently lying injured in hospital and are doing all we can to support them.
“You will be aware that the level of activity in this investigation is intense and is continuing at pace. We made three arrests in connection with the attacks overnight and this afternoon we entered an address in Manchester City Centre using a controlled explosion. Officers are currently at the scene but in order to do this safely we briefly had to close a nearby mainline railway, which has now been reopened. Those extensive searches will now continue.
“In total we currently have four people in custody. “People will have seen a significant increase in the number of armed officers in Greater Manchester. We have been supported by forces in the North West and beyond in order to do this and this all forms part of our tried and tested plan for a major terrorist incident.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 24 May 2017, 3:32 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Wed 24 May 2017, 3:52 pm

A very moving poem, indeed.
Châpeau.
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 24 May 2017, 5:21 pm

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 24 May 2017, 9:57 pm

No comparison, but at least a bit of a nice news for Manchester.

(They won the cup)
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

The Manchester Arena bombing - Page 2 Empty Re:Many dead in the Manchester Arena explosion.

Post  costello Thu 25 May 2017, 10:38 am

A message from fb 'AorS' where Martyn was a member. Very sad indeed.

Helen Mcvey
21 hrs
Folks
With great sadness we have to announce the passing of one of our members Martyn in the Manchester atrocity
Martyn has been a member with us from the very beginning
Deepest sympathy to Martyn's family and friends from all the Abduction or Scam admin
For this reason , and out of respect to Martyn, we wont be approving posts today , although do send them in as normal if you wish and we will approve when appropriate
RIP Martyn
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Thu 25 May 2017, 2:15 pm

It`s time to discriminate and put the risk of death to our own people above all this PC nonsense that protects the feelings of one religion.

There is nothing wrong with discrimination - it is necessary for survival.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guinea Pig Thu 25 May 2017, 2:21 pm

Guinea Pig
Guinea Pig

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down