Huge blaze in West London

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Huge blaze in West London

Post  joyce1938 on Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:11 pm

I didn't realize that ,thp fire sevice was on site already ,as the flame tore though.It said they had put out the fire in fridge ,and thought that's well done .Then shock horror,they saw what happened next.Can we really understand how they must have felt ? so sad for the brave firemen to watch, hoses that could not reach the top flats at all. joyce1938.
joyce1938

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:24 pm

I see that this has only been claimed today.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06/20/grenfell-tower-firefighters-put-fridge-blaze-just-leaving-flats/

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine on Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:05 pm

I have to admit, that I never had a FRIDGE on fire, nor have I ever heard about the possibility or it actually happening.
I may have lived a protected live, of course ...
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:20 pm

It seems more likely that the plug could be faulty or the socket overloaded.

Whatever was the initial cause, it wasn't of course responsible for the whole block going up like Christmas decorations.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:52 pm

More about the charity single which is out today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4622998/Simon-Cowell-confirms-release-date-Grenfell-charity-track.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:02 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4628250/May-says-cladding-tower-blocks-combustible.html
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  poster on Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:11 am

What's_up_doc? wrote:I absolutely agree, poster that this is a dreadful tragedy and if it is found that there has been incompetence, or neglect - or if safety concerns were ignored then this needs to be exposed.  That said, people exploiting tragedy for their own political agendas are causing greater division and are not helping. As I said in my first post on this subject, I saw a placard which read 'First you bombed us now you burn us alive.' If an angry white make had carried a placard blaming Muslims in general for the recent terrorist attacks there would have been universal condemnation and outrage - and quite rightly so because division is not helping anyone. The far left are as dangerous as the far right and there is clear evidence that the far left are trying to hijack genuine community anger and turn this into civil unrest, IMO. Where I live we have very good, moderate Mosques, infact the Iman at our largest Mosque is the man who invited BNP protesters who were demonstrating outside the Mosque inside for tea.  We need people like that - not people who are feeling division and spreading conspiracy theories. I fear this tragedy is going to become like the twins towers,which Islamist extremists quickly spread conspiracy theories about, blaming it on Jews. Already, people are saying on social media that these people were not rescued because they were largely Muslim. The placard I saw affirms that narrative, that some people believe this is part of a western conspiracy
Finally, I just want to say that the stories of the individuals and families have been lost in all this. The deeply sad stories of people who came here for a better life which have ended so cruelly. I've heard more about cladding than I've heard about them and the press have been so busy finger pointing, it's as if the victims are of secondary importance to let's see who we can blame. Can you imagine what would happen if the media took the same approach to terrorist attacks, desperately looking for someone to blame for radicalising these young men, finger pointing at those who let them return from Syria? If course they wouldn't do This because they know it would be irresponsible. This did not happen after the terrorist attacks, the mood was sombre and the focus was very much in the victims and I think we saw ourselves at our best, whereas this tragedy has just brought out the worst in people.

What happened had nothing to do with that utterly stupid media label 'terror' which many of our politicians and indeed media love to throw around. It is to do with institutionalised corruption, stupid arrogant fat cats with lack of accountability...and frankly greed...
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy on Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:16 am

Spot on, poster.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:44 am

I'm seeing reports of a huge fire in Croydon, 10 cars ablaze, yet nothing on Sky or BBC yet?

It's in Evening Standard on MSN news.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:46 am

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/crodyon-fire-ten-cars-alight-in-huge-blaze-sending-smoke-billowing-across-south-london-a3572326.html

Croydon fire: Ten cars alight in huge blaze sending smoke billowing across south London

38 mins ago|

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:49 pm

Fire now under control apparently and 8 cars destroyed.....

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/crodyon-fire-ten-cars-alight-in-huge-blaze-sending-smoke-billowing-across-south-london-a3572326.html

candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine on Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:55 pm

I read today, that at least 5 apartment buildings have been evacuated, because they had the same cladding, which is highly inflamable.
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top