MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How will the McCanns pay Goncalo Amaral and the court costs?

+8
Antonia
costello
froggy
Inca
unreorganised
dannii
Freedom
candyfloss
12 posters

Go down

How will the McCanns pay Goncalo Amaral and the court costs? Empty How will the McCanns pay Goncalo Amaral and the court costs?

Post  candyfloss Thu 13 Jul 2017, 12:19 pm

Just asking this question because it is definitely a point for discussion. How will they raise this huge amount of money, and how long have they got to pay it? Is this money just for Dr Amaral, or is more owed to the other 2 defendents in the case, the book publisher and the TV who ran or made the documentary? It's a huge minefield and I don't know if anyone can explain anything.

Interesting tweet from Isabel just a few minutes ago re the costs..........

Madeleine CaseTweets‏ @McCannCaseTweet · 9m9 minutes ago

Answer: If McCanns don't pay Portuguese court a Rogatory letter for a Lien on their property would be processed through Uk courts #McCann

Interesting stuff.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

How will the McCanns pay Goncalo Amaral and the court costs? Empty Re: How will the McCanns pay Goncalo Amaral and the court costs?

Post  candyfloss Thu 13 Jul 2017, 12:22 pm

Another tweet...

Madeleine CaseTweets‏ @McCannCaseTweet · 10m10 minutes ago

I very much doubt the McCanns would not pay Amaral's and the Supreme Court's costs
Financial suicide in late fees #McCann

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

How will the McCanns pay Goncalo Amaral and the court costs? Empty Re: How will the McCanns pay Goncalo Amaral and the court costs?

Post  Freedom Thu 13 Jul 2017, 1:39 pm

One possible way is for a deluge of "poor dear McCanns having to pay the wicked liar's costs" stories in the media in the hope that it will produce a deluge of donations to the fund.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  dannii Thu 13 Jul 2017, 1:43 pm

What about their own Lawyers fees dont they have to pay them as well?they have Lawyers in both countries.

I think they should sell the house,maybe someone will come up with the money for them on a loan basis.
dannii
dannii

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 13 Jul 2017, 1:44 pm

They certainly have some rich friends (or they did have) like Richard Branson for whom this would be small change.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  dannii Thu 13 Jul 2017, 1:51 pm

I was thinking more of the Kennedy guy i'm not sure if he is still helping them or if he has gone off the radar like the rest of them seem to have.
dannii
dannii

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Thu 13 Jul 2017, 4:02 pm

Freedom wrote:One possible way is for a deluge of "poor dear McCanns having to pay the wicked liar's costs" stories in the media in the hope that it will produce a deluge of donations to the fund.

In some ways I would like to see them try this - it would be a good gauge of public sentiment. Also I suspect if they attempted some kind of "gofundme" type effort a lot of people would give token amounts just to leave comments directing people to the files, Gaspar statements etc.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 13 Jul 2017, 4:50 pm

My betting is they'll plead poverty, claiming that they have absolutely no assets left as everything was "poured into" the Find Madeleine fund and sadly it has been depleted by pretendy detectives and other charlatans who took such nasty advantage of them. As for their house - I suspect they've transferred ownership to someone else or someTHING else such as an untouchable relative or unrelated company, so that no liens can be placed on it. The only thing left would be garnishing wages, but a smart lawyer could claim Kate and Gerry are bankrupt, and therefore creditors and others owed money would be left in the lurch. I'm not saying this is what they've done - but I can see it as a final last middle finger gesture towards Mr Amaral - unfortunately.

Back to top Go down

Post  Inca Thu 13 Jul 2017, 5:51 pm

Just can't see them paying the money over, as has been said some rich benefactor will help out.
Inca
Inca

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Thu 13 Jul 2017, 6:09 pm

Inca wrote:Just can't  see them paying the money over, as has been said some rich benefactor will help out.  

Have they got any ? Branson is largely all talk and Kennedy appears to have disappeared from the scene. Maybe JK will come through and pay their debts.
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

How will the McCanns pay Goncalo Amaral and the court costs? Empty Re:How will the McCanns pay Dr.Amaral's court case.

Post  costello Thu 13 Jul 2017, 6:30 pm

My thoughts are the Establishment will take care of any costs. I also think the McCanns will start a life somewhere new, just prior to Dr. Amaral's book being allowed to be published.I do think it will be some time though,I would guess at a year minimum.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Thu 13 Jul 2017, 11:45 pm

unreorganised wrote:
Freedom wrote:One possible way is for a deluge of "poor dear McCanns having to pay the wicked liar's costs" stories in the media in the hope that it will produce a deluge of donations to the fund.

In some ways I would like to see them try this - it would be a good gauge of public sentiment. Also I suspect if they attempted some kind of "gofundme" type effort a lot of people would give token amounts just to leave comments directing people to the files, Gaspar statements etc.

I would donate 50p - well worth it to comment for as long as the system would allow......
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB Fri 14 Jul 2017, 9:50 am

candyfloss wrote:Just asking this question because it is definitely a point for discussion.  How will they raise this huge amount of money, and how long have they got to pay it?  Is this money just for Dr Amaral, or is more owed to the other 2 defendents in the case, the book publisher and the TV who ran or made the documentary?
You say its a huge amount of money but do we know how much it is? Regardless of the amount, as far as I'm aware, none of it is for GA or any of the other defendants, although any assets that he/they had seized should now be released. If its the same as the UK "costs" are lawyers and court fees. In order for GA to potentially get any money for himself he'd have to sue the McCanns as he has threatened to do in the past

As to where it will come from, haven't they already told us that its going to come from the fund? I seem to remember them whinging about it wiping the fund out in the papers a while back
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Fri 14 Jul 2017, 10:02 am

They`ve said they`ve ring fenced £750,000 to continue the investigation if SY fail, so they can use that.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 14 Jul 2017, 11:31 am

Talking of rich benefactors, Stephen Winyard was still a supporter in 2015 so maybe he is now and will fork out a few quid for the McCanns.

http://www.peeblesshirenews.com/news/13591084.Child_Rescue_Alert_at_Stobo/
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof6 Thu 20 Jul 2017, 9:12 am

I think they will use the fund, the media have already been told how it will "wipe out" the fund.

As for an appeal, wouldn't it make more sense to do a high publicity "new lead" that needs money to find Madeleine, rather than a "please pay my solicitor for a libel case"?

People tend not to be that sympathetic to libel cases, and repeated appeals don't look good.
mumof6
mumof6

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Thu 20 Jul 2017, 7:02 pm

Sr Amaral cannot proceed against the Fund as it is a separate legal entity. the McCanns took the case and I think they added the names of all three children so if the legal costs are unpaid he has the choice of going after them personally, putting a charge on Rothley Towers and maybe on Sean & Amelie's pocket money.

I dont think the McCanns will want to use the money in the Fund as they hate Amaral. they may have done something to tfr the ownership of Rothley Towers to someone else?  or could Rothley Towers be the 'Investments' that appeared in the last accounts and which were not explained in the brief notes to the accounts? If the house has been tfrd into company ownership then it presumably cannot be touched? Any legal members who can clarify this?  Why would the Fund be purchasing nearly £500k worth of 'investments'?  yes, I think the investments would be Rothley towers.
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Thu 20 Jul 2017, 7:17 pm

To my mind this would just make them look even more shifty & dishonest.
None of this money would go to Amaral anyway; the costs are to pay the Court and the various lawyers, so withholding payment will do them more harm than good
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  mumof6 Thu 20 Jul 2017, 11:14 pm

The fund is a legal person and is therefore not responsible for the McCann's debts.

However, effectively, they do have control of that money. Most of us, if we were to try to set up a trust for our own expenses in this sort of way would be told "not happening" - in fact, in the early days, that was not how the fund worked, in the early days it was made clear that control of the money was not with the McCanns.

However, I would be surprised if the fund had not guaranteed at least their own solicitors expenses, when they lost for the first time, and went for another appeal, what solicitor would be happy to continue without some certainty that they would get paid?

The ground has been prepared, the stories have been seeded, that horrible Mr Amaral is going to wipe out the fund... of course, legally, he can not touch the fund. If the fund is wiped out, that is the choice that the McCanns have made.

The McCanns solicitor mentioned putting a lien on their house, that suggests that she feels that they own it. It is also necessary to register house sales with the land registry, and the house has not been sold in the last few years. I think therefore that the McCanns still own it.

However, the fund could now be the mortgage holder on the house, that could be the "investment", a low interest loan at special rates? That would not help them against a lien, the lien would mean that they could not sell the house as the proceeds of any sale would go to settle debts.
mumof6
mumof6

Back to top Go down

How will the McCanns pay Goncalo Amaral and the court costs? Empty McCanns have paid their court costs????

Post  candyfloss Wed 25 Apr 2018, 6:49 pm

This was tweeted yesterday and no one seems to have seen it apart from Andrew who has just flagged it up again.....

McCanns have paid their court costs but not out of the fund??

Madeleine CaseTweets

I'm glad McCanns have paid their court costs in Portugal

Just wondering why they didn't pay out of the fund? They didn't want public to know they paid? Or will it show in next years accounting  #EGO

FYI - it only takes a phone call to the court all you need is case #
#mccann

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Wed 25 Apr 2018, 10:47 pm

It is a very dodgy piece of a document with a serial number printed in the corner and the word PAID written in English?? Not something you would bet yer life on.....

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 26 Apr 2018, 8:57 am

I am indeed wondering what proof there is that the McCanns have paid the court fees and, if so, where was the money from?

I'd like to believe that it's true but.......
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down