MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Various drunken parental antics abroad

+2
unreorganised
candyfloss
6 posters

Go down

Various drunken parental antics abroad Empty Various drunken parental antics abroad

Post  candyfloss Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:28 pm

Brit twins, aged two, taken into care in Portugal after dad ‘left them alone in swimming pool while he drank at the bar’

Concerned staff alerted cops to the hotel in Albufeira over fears for the youngsters' safety

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4272466/british-twins-portugal-dad-drinking-alone-pool/

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Various drunken parental antics abroad Empty Re: Various drunken parental antics abroad

Post  Freedom Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:12 pm

There was a case with a couple charged with being blind drunk in charge of a 2 year old in Portugal and they claimed that they weren't and the police were being over-zealous because of the McCanns. I'll add a link if I can find one.

I wonder if the dad here will come up with a similar excuse.

P.S. This is the original story, I'm still looking for the couple's version of events.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2199146/British-toddler-taken-care-abandoned-drunken-teacher-parents-Portugal.html

P.P.S. Okay it looks as if it wasn't the parents who dragged the McCann case in.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2203504/Is-Madeleine-McCann-reason-teacher-couples-girl-taken-care-Portugal.html
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Various drunken parental antics abroad Empty Portugal News 26/08/17

Post  unreorganised Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:17 am

Can't post link etc. as on phone, but today's Portugal News has a story on OG seeking further funding. On the same page a story about British twins being abandoned in a swimming pool. Perhaps somebody better equipped can check them out?
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Various drunken parental antics abroad Empty Re: Various drunken parental antics abroad

Post  Freedom Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:47 pm

I've put the last post here.

I can only find this story from 3 days ago about the twins on Portugal Resident.

http://portugalresident.com/english-toddler-twins-still-in-care-of-faro-children%E2%80%99s-home

I can't find either story on Portugal News.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:02 pm

You probably missed this beauty as well then. All three stories on the same page in the print copy.

http://www.theportugalnews.com/news/woman-looking-for-mystery-man-she-met-in-portugal/42965
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:16 pm

I'm trying to get my head round that one!

So she fell in love with him - presumably only from a distance apart from the pole dancing escapade as she isn't even sure of his name and they didn't exchange contact details.

If by some chance white-haired Steve / Keith (white eyebrows too??) sees the story, how will he contact his true love?
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:27 pm

I'm probably giving them more credit than they deserve, but the obviously sketchy nature of the story might be intended to highlight the questionable veracity of the rest of the page.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:53 pm

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:23 pm

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Winslow Boy Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:04 pm

Normal English behaviour and another example of responsible parenting. Leaving your children defenceless and going out on the ale. Can't see what all the fuss is about, Doctors do it all the time.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guinea Pig Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:21 am

The story links drunken irresponsible parenting nicely with the McCanns.
Guinea Pig
Guinea Pig

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:51 pm

Yes it does rather!

Here's another version without Amanda Wignall who mentioned the McCanns.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/2537932/child-abandoned-majorca-drunk-parents-begged-stranger-help/
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Winslow Boy Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:08 am

A police spokesman on the Spanish isle confirmed the pair were nicked for “child abandonment”.
He said: “The parents were usually drunk and would regularly leave the hotel and their children.
“After security staff warned them about their illegal behaviour, they convinced a British couple who they didn’t know to look after their children while they went drinking. They would return totally drunk.”

Scottish as well wouldn't you know.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:47 am

No offence of course to the various Scottish members here!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:47 pm

Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:57 pm

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down