Scotland Yard to ask for more money to carry on investigation into Madeleine case

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to ask for more money to carry on investigation into Madeleine case

Post  TheTruthWillOut on Thu 07 Sep 2017, 10:06 pm

Heisenburg wrote:
TheTruthWillOut wrote:Yeah "technical results" is odd. I see TextUSA has a new post coming tomorrow after 3 months off. Maybe she could give a theory as to what this means?

Technical, being optimistic could be how to combine their findings to bring about a closure/trial in Portugal.

Could be but then didn't our CPS top dogs already go over to Portugal and meet with their counterparts years ago? Another obvious one would be DNA results or waiting for advancements in techniques?

The big question in all this for me is why OG need more money just to hang around waiting for these results? Surely these 3 or 4 detectives can be put to work on other cases while they await results?
avatar
TheTruthWillOut

Posts : 1390
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to ask for more money to carry on investigation into Madeleine case

Post  Poe on Thu 07 Sep 2017, 10:17 pm

This bit jumps out for me:

She had been left sleeping in a room with her younger brother and sister while her parents Kate and Gerry McCann dined nearby with friends.
The couple said they made regular checks on their three children and discovered Madeleine was missing around 10pm, insisting she had been abducted.

The regular checks and abduction used to be presented as facts now they are no longer facts but what the McCanns have said and insisted.

It's a minor detail but, bearing in mind the report is from the McCann's lapdog Martin Brunt, it could be significant.

_________________
“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
George R. R. Martin, A Clash of Kings.
avatar
Poe

Posts : 935
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to ask for more money to carry on investigation into Madeleine case

Post  Heisenburg on Thu 07 Sep 2017, 10:19 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:
Heisenburg wrote:
TheTruthWillOut wrote:Yeah "technical results" is odd. I see TextUSA has a new post coming tomorrow after 3 months off. Maybe she could give a theory as to what this means?

Technical, being optimistic could be how to combine their findings to bring about a closure/trial in Portugal.

Could be but then didn't our CPS top dogs already go over to Portugal and meet with their counterparts years ago? Another obvious one would be DNA results or waiting for advancements in techniques?

The big question in all this for me is why OG need more money just to hang around waiting for these results? Surely these 3 or 4 detectives can be put to work on other cases while they await results?


The CPS were possibly involved in having what parameters SY could work under.
avatar
Heisenburg

Posts : 1346
Join date : 2016-01-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to ask for more money to carry on investigation into Madeleine case

Post  Mo on Thu 07 Sep 2017, 10:20 pm

Early ideas about sex predators, child traffickers and "a burglary gone wrong" were largely dismissed before both detective teams joined forces to focus on the latest theory.

So OG/PJ agree that no stranger entered the apartment 5a?

Are they looking at woke and wondered or something else. OG/PJ maybe waiting for DNA results to carry out interviews closer to home.
avatar
Mo

Posts : 855
Join date : 2015-01-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to ask for more money to carry on investigation into Madeleine case

Post  TheTruthWillOut on Thu 07 Sep 2017, 10:35 pm

Heisenburg wrote:
TheTruthWillOut wrote:
Heisenburg wrote:
TheTruthWillOut wrote:Yeah "technical results" is odd. I see TextUSA has a new post coming tomorrow after 3 months off. Maybe she could give a theory as to what this means?

Technical, being optimistic could be how to combine their findings to bring about a closure/trial in Portugal.

Could be but then didn't our CPS top dogs already go over to Portugal and meet with their counterparts years ago? Another obvious one would be DNA results or waiting for advancements in techniques?

The big question in all this for me is why OG need more money just to hang around waiting for these results? Surely these 3 or 4 detectives can be put to work on other cases while they await results?


The CPS were possibly involved in having what parameters SY could work under.

Honestly I could never work out why the head of the CPS went out to Portugal? SY only visited/worked in Portugal briefly and even so doubt the CPS should be the department that negotiated such a thing?

I feel in some unknown way the CPS were there for very specific reason(s). Is there another example of a serious crime against a British national in a foreign country where the CPS have gone over to discuss things?
avatar
TheTruthWillOut

Posts : 1390
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to ask for more money to carry on investigation into Madeleine case

Post  Rob Royston on Fri 08 Sep 2017, 7:23 am

Laws could have been broken in both countries, so once they have consolidated their findings charges might be made from both countries.

Rob Royston

Posts : 76
Join date : 2014-10-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to ask for more money to carry on investigation into Madeleine case

Post  Poe on Fri 08 Sep 2017, 9:08 am

TheTruthWillOut wrote:
Heisenburg wrote:
TheTruthWillOut wrote:
Heisenburg wrote:
TheTruthWillOut wrote:Yeah "technical results" is odd. I see TextUSA has a new post coming tomorrow after 3 months off. Maybe she could give a theory as to what this means?

Technical, being optimistic could be how to combine their findings to bring about a closure/trial in Portugal.

Could be but then didn't our CPS top dogs already go over to Portugal and meet with their counterparts years ago? Another obvious one would be DNA results or waiting for advancements in techniques?

The big question in all this for me is why OG need more money just to hang around waiting for these results? Surely these 3 or 4 detectives can be put to work on other cases while they await results?


The CPS were possibly involved in having what parameters SY could work under.

Honestly I could never work out why the head of the CPS went out to Portugal? SY only visited/worked in Portugal briefly and even so doubt the CPS should be the department that negotiated such a thing?

I feel in some unknown way the CPS were there for very specific reason(s). Is there another example of a serious crime against a British national in a foreign country where the CPS have gone over to discuss things?
Rob Royston wrote:Laws could have been broken in both countries, so once they have consolidated their findings charges might be made from both countries.

I think that the fund might be the cause of the delay and possibly the reason the CPS got involved at what appears to us to be such an early stage.

I don't think the CPS gets involved until the investigation is complete so it makes sense to me that the CPS would go to Portugal when the investigation into Madeleine's fate has been concluded and ready to make arrests.

Which would lead to a secondary UK based investigation because if it can be proven that the McCanns knew Madeleine was dead but they appealed for donations to search for a live findable child, that would be fraud that has been committed in the UK.

It's possible that the primary investigation has enough evidence to make arrests but the PJ are holding back to allow time for the fund to be painstakingly picked apart. The delay would be the length of time it takes to investigate laundered money and overseas investments.

Obviously, this is just speculation on my part.


_________________
“When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say."
George R. R. Martin, A Clash of Kings.
avatar
Poe

Posts : 935
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to ask for more money to carry on investigation into Madeleine case

Post  AndyB on Fri 08 Sep 2017, 9:24 am

Poe wrote:
It's possible that the primary investigation has enough evidence to make arrests but the PJ are holding back to allow time for the fund to be painstakingly picked apart. The delay would be the length of time it takes to investigate laundered money and overseas investments.
Possible, but highly unlikely. What benefit do either force gain by waiting? If the situation is as you suggest there would be nothing to prevent the fund being investigated after arrests for madeleine's disappearance
avatar
AndyB

Posts : 664
Join date : 2014-09-20

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to ask for more money to carry on investigation into Madeleine case

Post  Heisenburg on Fri 08 Sep 2017, 9:40 am

Poe wrote:
TheTruthWillOut wrote:
Heisenburg wrote:
TheTruthWillOut wrote:
Heisenburg wrote:
TheTruthWillOut wrote:Yeah "technical results" is odd. I see TextUSA has a new post coming tomorrow after 3 months off. Maybe she could give a theory as to what this means?

Technical, being optimistic could be how to combine their findings to bring about a closure/trial in Portugal.

Could be but then didn't our CPS top dogs already go over to Portugal and meet with their counterparts years ago? Another obvious one would be DNA results or waiting for advancements in techniques?

The big question in all this for me is why OG need more money just to hang around waiting for these results? Surely these 3 or 4 detectives can be put to work on other cases while they await results?


The CPS were possibly involved in having what parameters SY could work under.

Honestly I could never work out why the head of the CPS went out to Portugal? SY only visited/worked in Portugal briefly and even so doubt the CPS should be the department that negotiated such a thing?

I feel in some unknown way the CPS were there for very specific reason(s). Is there another example of a serious crime against a British national in a foreign country where the CPS have gone over to discuss things?
Rob Royston wrote:Laws could have been broken in both countries, so once they have consolidated their findings charges might be made from both countries.

I think that the fund might be the cause of the delay and possibly the reason the CPS got involved at what appears to us to be such an early stage.

I don't think the CPS gets involved until the investigation is complete so it makes sense to me that the CPS would go to Portugal when the investigation into Madeleine's fate has been concluded and ready to make arrests.



Going back to earlier in the year,the "Little boy blue" tv series about the killing of Rhys Jones showed that the cps were involved pretty early especially when a witness was only 80% certain of an identity,the cps would only proceed with 100%.I still think the CPS went to Portugal to find out just what evidence could be collected to ensure a fair trial should it ever come to it, remembering they don't have a jury system do they?
avatar
Heisenburg

Posts : 1346
Join date : 2016-01-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to ask for more money to carry on investigation into Madeleine case

Post  Bampots on Fri 08 Sep 2017, 11:54 am

What ever the Portugese decide to do has nothing to do with UK.....other than what kind of economic or political pressure the Uk can muster!

_________________
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts
Winston Churchill 
avatar
Bampots

Posts : 2231
Join date : 2014-09-07
Age : 56

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to ask for more money to carry on investigation into Madeleine case

Post  Heisenburg on Fri 08 Sep 2017, 12:21 pm

Bampots wrote:What ever the Portugese decide to do has nothing to do with UK.....other than what kind of economic or political pressure the Uk can muster!


It is/was widely reported that the PJ system wouldn't allow the use of phone records up to a certain date,yet OG went through and examined them and used then to be able to question the three supposed burglars,just supposing something come of it,I think it would matter a lot what the PJ would decide in that.
avatar
Heisenburg

Posts : 1346
Join date : 2016-01-11

Back to top Go down

Is it the end?

Post  Heisenburg on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 7:12 am

Bit of a non story at the moment.
Hunt for Madeleine McCann could be over THIS WEEK: £12m probe may CLOSE after funding blow
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/647381/madeleine-mccann-search-missing-girl-portugal-police-hunt-end
avatar
Heisenburg

Posts : 1346
Join date : 2016-01-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to ask for more money to carry on investigation into Madeleine case

Post  Freedom on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 9:08 am

Interesting - but probably something about nothing.

There certainly are better things that the money could be spent on.

"Police union officials have called for the McCann inquiry to be axed and funds redirected to protect London from crime and terrorism".

avatar
Freedom
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 14475
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 102
Location : The nearest darkened room

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to ask for more money to carry on investigation into Madeleine case

Post  candyfloss on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 10:58 am

Quote Daily Mail:


The couple have ploughed £500,000 of their own money into the search fund. 



http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4916608/Hunt-Madeleine-McCann-shelved-12-years.html



Not quite right surely not their own money?  Isn't it the fund money they have moved around that was stated earlier in the papers as being 'siponed' off.  Even if it was money from the book then it was said from the outset by the McCanns (and a sticker on the book) that all money from the book would go to the fund, for the search for Madeleine, which is what it would be for, so not their money?

_________________
  
 

  


Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
avatar
candyfloss
Admin

Posts : 10861
Join date : 2014-08-18
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to ask for more money to carry on investigation into Madeleine case

Post  Helenmeg on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 10:59 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4916608/Hunt-Madeleine-McCann-sheved-12-years.html

If the Home Office was granting the funding then surely they would have announced it by now... it looks like they will not. So what now....
what about the Portuguese Investigation?
avatar
Helenmeg

Posts : 662
Join date : 2014-11-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to ask for more money to carry on investigation into Madeleine case

Post  froggy on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 11:30 am

Helenmeg wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4916608/Hunt-Madeleine-McCann-sheved-12-years.html

If the Home Office was granting the funding then surely they would have announced it by now... it looks like they will not. So what now....
what about the Portuguese Investigation?


What indeed.. What this space.
avatar
froggy

Posts : 618
Join date : 2015-06-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to ask for more money to carry on investigation into Madeleine case

Post  unreorganised on Mon 25 Sep 2017, 1:14 pm

Maybe if they stop looking for her, she will just turn up?

This has been proven to work with car keys.
avatar
unreorganised

Posts : 1295
Join date : 2016-06-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Scotland Yard to ask for more money to carry on investigation into Madeleine case

Post  Bampots on Tue 26 Sep 2017, 10:51 pm

Danny Collins .....William Thomas......Sutton....usual hotch potch of McCann apologists mixed up with a quote from Rowley and even Kate......worthy of Bake Off really!! Funny we missed it....oh and will the funding continue???

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2238940/madeleine-mccann-disappearance-portugal-latest

_________________
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts
Winston Churchill 
avatar
Bampots

Posts : 2231
Join date : 2014-09-07
Age : 56

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum