'We still have work to do' Madeleine McCann police vow to continue search

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'We still have work to do' Madeleine McCann police vow to continue search

Post  candyfloss on Sun 27 Aug 2017, 9:12 am

'We still have work to do' Madeleine McCann police vow to continue search

DETECTIVES searching for Madeleine McCann have vowed to “see the investigation through” and said: “It’s not finished until it’s finished.”



By James Murray, Exclusive

PUBLISHED: 00:01, Sun, Aug 27, 2017 | UPDATED: 00:17, Sun, Aug 27, 2017


They will not stop their inquiry until they have conclusively established what happened to her, insiders said.

A source said: ‘‘The detectives are trying with as much energy as they did when Operation Grange started in 2011 to see this through and find her.

“That is all they can do. Their view on how long that will take is that it will only be finished when it is finished. They still have work to do and while that is the case they will carry on.

“There is no sense of wanting to throw in the towel.”

It emerged last week that senior Yard officers are considering a further request for six months of financial support from the Home Office, even though current funding does not run out until the end of next month.

Policing minister Mike Penning is expected to agree to further funding, costing around £90,000, but as he is relatively new in the job sources suggest he wants to know specific details of where the investigation is going and how close the Yard is to solving the mystery.

Mr Penning’s predecessor, Brandon Lewis, was fully supportive of the Yard’s efforts and was well briefed on the case, but senior officers know they are now dealing with a new minister and will have to give a fuller account of how the Home Office’s £11million has been spent so far and why more money is needed.

While the funding issue will be addressed in the coming weeks, sources say Kate and Gerry McCann are impressed by the continued commitment of the Yard team, headed by Detective Chief Superintendent Nicola Wall.

The team of four detectives working on Operation Grange have painstakingly probed a variety of theories, including the possibility that Madeleine was taken from her holiday apartment on May 3, 2007 at Praia da Luz on the Algarve when a burglary went wrong.

At the time of the tenth anniversary of Madeleine’s disappearance last May, Scotland Yard announced they had stopped their investigation into Portuguese burglary suspects as they “did not find any evidence to further implicate the individuals in the disappearance”.

Earlier this year the Sunday Express reported that detectives were urgently seeking a woman who, it was felt, had important information on the case. Scotland Yard have said they will not comment on specific lines of inquiry or give a running commentary on what work they are doing.

The lines of inquiry being pursued now have become more complicated than at first thought, which is causing delays and some frustration.

Madeleine, who was nearly four when she vanished without trace from her family’s rented holiday apartment, would now be 14.

A spokesman for the McCann family said: “The fact that the police feel there is still work to be done which needs funding is very encouraging. They remain grateful to all the officers in the investigation.”

Scotland Yard said: “Funding is in place until the end of September. Any details about future funding will be released when appropriate.”

The Home Office said any further funding request will be “considered carefully”.

Meanwhile freelance journalist Sonia Poulton is looking for a TV firm to broadcast a documentary she has made on the case.

She said: “I have been working with a production company and we have been to Portugal and spoken with many people.”

Kate and Gerry McCann, both 49, of Rothley, Leicestershire, have been trying to stop trolling over the case. Their web site states: “Please do not feed trolls. Trolls feed on havoc and causing chaos.”


http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/846274/madeleine-mccain-missing-police-search-scotland-yard-portugal-latest-news


_________________
  
 

  


Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
avatar
candyfloss
Admin

Posts : 10508
Join date : 2014-08-18
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: 'We still have work to do' Madeleine McCann police vow to continue search

Post  froggy on Sun 27 Aug 2017, 9:16 am

What can say other than 'bollocks' ?
avatar
froggy

Posts : 596
Join date : 2015-06-17

Back to top Go down

Re: 'We still have work to do' Madeleine McCann police vow to continue search

Post  candyfloss on Sun 27 Aug 2017, 9:16 am

Two interesting bits.......




DETECTIVES searching for Madeleine McCann have vowed to “see the investigation through” and said: “It’s not finished until it’s finished.”

They will not stop their inquiry until they have conclusively established what happened to her, insiders said.








Meanwhile freelance journalist Sonia Poulton is looking for a TV firm to broadcast a documentary she has made on the case.
She said: “I have been working with a production company and we have been to Portugal and spoken with many people.”

_________________
  
 

  


Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
avatar
candyfloss
Admin

Posts : 10508
Join date : 2014-08-18
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: 'We still have work to do' Madeleine McCann police vow to continue search

Post  Freedom on Sun 27 Aug 2017, 9:25 am

Interesting yes about Sonia - has she ever been mentioned in the mainstream media before?
avatar
Freedom
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 13963
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 102
Location : The nearest darkened room

Back to top Go down

Re: 'We still have work to do' Madeleine McCann police vow to continue search

Post  Guinea Pig on Sun 27 Aug 2017, 9:36 am

Mr Bennett is wondering about that mention too.

"Now, why would the Sunday Express trumpet a documentary made by Sonia Poulton?

A documentary that was promised three years ago and about which many dishonest statements have been made?

A documentary made by someone who has done absolutely nothing to promote the truth about Madeleine McCann, but has done the very reverse:- promote the views of the likes of Stephen D Birch and Michael Shrimpton.

A documentary made by someone who deliberately arranged for Rosalinda Hutton to occupy two pages of Britain's top circulation daily, the Sun, proclaiming her as a typical anti-McCann troll, a 'bitch' that 'got a buzz out of squishing people on the internet'.

A documentary made by someone who refers to CMOMM as a 'cesspit' and allies herself with others who regularly attack CMOMM.

No mention by the Sunday Express of Richard Hall's documentaries, viewed by millions.

So what are the chances that, if and when Poulton's documentary ever sees the light of day, it will proclaim that Madeleine died in her parents' apartment, that her death took place well before the Thursday, and that there has been an almighty establishment cover-up of what really happened to Madeleine?

To any Poulton-believers still left out there:

... open  your  eyes ..."
avatar
Guinea Pig

Posts : 231
Join date : 2015-01-12
Age : 38
Location : Way Up North To Alaska

Back to top Go down

Re: 'We still have work to do' Madeleine McCann police vow to continue search

Post  TheTruthWillOut on Sun 27 Aug 2017, 9:59 am

Freedom wrote:Interesting yes about Sonia - has she ever been mentioned in the mainstream media before?

Not sure if she has specifically been named checked in a OG/Madeleine article before but it might just be James Murray has been browsing the Sonia documentary thread that has been more active in the last few days and he couldn't resist including that tidbit at the end?

Another possible interesting bit is the lines of inquiry. I thought after the burglar theory there was just a single final line left?
avatar
TheTruthWillOut

Posts : 1352
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 'We still have work to do' Madeleine McCann police vow to continue search

Post  dogs don't lie on Sun 27 Aug 2017, 10:18 am

I like this bit below...





They will not stop their inquiry until they have conclusively established what happened to her, insiders said

_________________
Fight for Madeleine x
avatar
dogs don't lie

Posts : 2502
Join date : 2014-11-24
Age : 41
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: 'We still have work to do' Madeleine McCann police vow to continue search

Post  Inca on Sun 27 Aug 2017, 10:23 am

Guinea Pig wrote:Mr Bennett is wondering about that mention too.

"Now, why would the Sunday Express trumpet a documentary made by Sonia Poulton?

A documentary that was promised three years ago and about which many dishonest statements have been made?

A documentary made by someone who has done absolutely nothing to promote the truth about Madeleine McCann, but has done the very reverse:- promote the views of the likes of Stephen D Birch and Michael Shrimpton.

A documentary made by someone who deliberately arranged for Rosalinda Hutton to occupy two pages of Britain's top circulation daily, the Sun, proclaiming her as a typical anti-McCann troll, a 'bitch' that 'got a buzz out of squishing people on the internet'.

A documentary made by someone who refers to CMOMM as a 'cesspit' and allies herself with others who regularly attack CMOMM.

No mention by the Sunday Express of Richard Hall's documentaries, viewed by millions.

So what are the chances that, if and when Poulton's documentary ever sees the light of day, it will proclaim that Madeleine died in her parents' apartment, that her death took place well before the Thursday, and that there has been an almighty establishment cover-up of what really happened to Madeleine?

To any Poulton-believers still left out there:

... open  your  eyes ..."

What has irked him is that R Hall never got a mention.
avatar
Inca

Posts : 224
Join date : 2014-09-08

Back to top Go down

Re: 'We still have work to do' Madeleine McCann police vow to continue search

Post  Freedom on Sun 27 Aug 2017, 12:04 pm

I can understand Tony being miffed that Sonia gets a mention in mainstream media while Richard doesn't.

Oh dear though, all the recycled rants about Sonia for the umpteenth time. Can anyone blame her (apart from CMoMM members) for reacting angrily to all the insults she has received from the forum?

Yes, she has at times I think made some bad choices in her career, but there can't be anyone who hasn't; reasonable people accept that and don't forever hold grudges.
avatar
Freedom
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 13963
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 102
Location : The nearest darkened room

Back to top Go down

Re: 'We still have work to do' Madeleine McCann police vow to continue search

Post  poster on Sun 27 Aug 2017, 3:59 pm

dogs don't lie wrote:I like this bit below...





They will not stop their inquiry until they have conclusively established what happened to her, insiders said

Although not this bit:


A source said: ‘‘The detectives are trying with as much energy as they did when Operation Grange started in 2011 to see this through and find her".

They must know, imo, that she cannot be found. After all, her own father did say: 'Find the body and prove we killed her'

Some of the quotes in the link below are extraordinary. I didn't realise that Dr Amaral's dog was found dead. A young relative of Dr Amaral's  who lived in the UK was shot dead on his doorstep at point-blank range. Scary stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/McCannScandal/posts/204978416353248
avatar
poster

Posts : 1452
Join date : 2015-06-23

Back to top Go down

Re: 'We still have work to do' Madeleine McCann police vow to continue search

Post  poster on Sun 27 Aug 2017, 4:12 pm

Freedom wrote:Interesting yes about Sonia - has she ever been mentioned in the mainstream media before?

Not sure. But are her views on what happened that different to Richard Hall's?
avatar
poster

Posts : 1452
Join date : 2015-06-23

Back to top Go down

Re: 'We still have work to do' Madeleine McCann police vow to continue search

Post  Freedom on Sun 27 Aug 2017, 6:45 pm

It seems to be a surprise to Sonia too: this is from Facebook.

Grateful to James Murray at the Sunday Express for putting this out there today. Any producers seeing this (and I know my page is seen by journalists and producers), please note. I'll fly to you if need be!
avatar
Freedom
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 13963
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 102
Location : The nearest darkened room

Back to top Go down

Re: 'We still have work to do' Madeleine McCann police vow to continue search

Post  Châtelaine on Sun 27 Aug 2017, 7:25 pm

poster wrote:
dogs don't lie wrote:I like this bit below...





They will not stop their inquiry until they have conclusively established what happened to her, insiders said

Although not this bit:


A source said: ‘‘The detectives are trying with as much energy as they did when Operation Grange started in 2011 to see this through and find her".

They must know, imo, that she cannot be found. After all, her own father did say: 'Find the body and prove we killed her'

[...]

Prove we killed her is a red sign. At best it should have been prove she's dead and we hid her.
They're brain-leaking all the time
IMO, of course.
avatar
Châtelaine

Posts : 2380
Join date : 2014-08-27
Location : France

Back to top Go down

Re: 'We still have work to do' Madeleine McCann police vow to continue search

Post  poster on Sun 27 Aug 2017, 8:37 pm

Châtelaine wrote:
poster wrote:
dogs don't lie wrote:I like this bit below...





They will not stop their inquiry until they have conclusively established what happened to her, insiders said

Although not this bit:


A source said: ‘‘The detectives are trying with as much energy as they did when Operation Grange started in 2011 to see this through and find her".

They must know, imo, that she cannot be found. After all, her own father did say: 'Find the body and prove we killed her'

[...]

Prove we killed her is a red sign. At best it should have been prove she's dead and we hid her.
They're brain-leaking all the time
IMO, of course.

Yes - there is no body to find, imo.
avatar
poster

Posts : 1452
Join date : 2015-06-23

Back to top Go down

Re: 'We still have work to do' Madeleine McCann police vow to continue search

Post  mumof6 on Sun 27 Aug 2017, 9:07 pm

I wonder whether the funding for operation grange is ring-fenced? And if it is, how closely are the accounts audited?


Anyone who gets told that their money will continue until they manage to do something impossible is likely to find it very tempting to claim that they are working very hard at the task, I would have thought? Even more so if the money can be spent on doing something that is actually useful.
avatar
mumof6

Posts : 570
Join date : 2017-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: 'We still have work to do' Madeleine McCann police vow to continue search

Post  TheTruthWillOut on Sun 27 Aug 2017, 9:20 pm

mumof6 wrote:I wonder whether the funding for operation grange is ring-fenced? And if it is, how closely are the accounts audited?


Anyone who gets told that their money will continue until they manage to do something impossible is likely to find it very tempting to claim that they are working very hard at the task, I would have thought? Even more so if the money can be spent on doing something that is actually useful.

I don't know about ring-fenced but IIRC the last award granted was below £100k for 6 more months wasn't it? That would barely cover the salaries for the 4 remaining members of OG on the case for the 6 months.

So how was any detective work been done in that 6 month period with no money to pay for it? Unless the ~£100k is over and above salaries?

Could anyone link the full figures? I may be remembering wrong.
avatar
TheTruthWillOut

Posts : 1352
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 'We still have work to do' Madeleine McCann police vow to continue search

Post  froggy on Sun 27 Aug 2017, 9:45 pm

Nobody has said that these 4 OG operatives are working full time on the case. They may be spending quite a lot of their time on other matters.
avatar
froggy

Posts : 596
Join date : 2015-06-17

Back to top Go down

Re: 'We still have work to do' Madeleine McCann police vow to continue search

Post  TheTruthWillOut on Sun 27 Aug 2017, 9:56 pm

froggy wrote:Nobody has said that these 4 OG operatives are working full time on the case. They may be spending quite a lot of their time on other matters.

I guess but then why drag it out? It has been going on for so many years and you'd think they (Government and SY) would want the monkey off their back ASAP.

Also OG is a separately/individually funded case so don't see the logic of a team assigned would only work in their spare time or as and when around other case work ... This isn't a hobby!Shocked
avatar
TheTruthWillOut

Posts : 1352
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 'We still have work to do' Madeleine McCann police vow to continue search

Post  poster on Sun 27 Aug 2017, 10:03 pm

We know what Dr Amaral wrote and thought about the case. He considered there was high-level interference.

DELETED

ETA: What about Clarence Mitchell telling people they could put money in an envelope and send it to Kate and Gerry?

I mean, WTF?



One sentance deleted, accusation not proven, please be careful what you write.
avatar
poster

Posts : 1452
Join date : 2015-06-23

Back to top Go down

Re: 'We still have work to do' Madeleine McCann police vow to continue search

Post  TheTruthWillOut on Sun 27 Aug 2017, 10:15 pm

Right now what would put me most at ease in this most quiet time is two words and a smiley from GA. 'Don't worry Very Happy '

I know his mantra is justice works in silence, but worry his silence is now him given up.
avatar
TheTruthWillOut

Posts : 1352
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 'We still have work to do' Madeleine McCann police vow to continue search

Post  dogs don't lie on Mon 28 Aug 2017, 9:54 am

poster wrote:
dogs don't lie wrote:I like this bit below...





They will not stop their inquiry until they have conclusively established what happened to her, insiders said

Although not this bit:


A source said: ‘‘The detectives are trying with as much energy as they did when Operation Grange started in 2011 to see this through and find her".

They must know, imo, that she cannot be found. After all, her own father did say: 'Find the body and prove we killed her'

Some of the quotes in the link below are extraordinary. I didn't realise that Dr Amaral's dog was found dead. A young relative of Dr Amaral's  who lived in the UK was shot dead on his doorstep at point-blank range. Scary stuff.

https://www.facebook.com/McCannScandal/posts/204978416353248


Sorry, I took that to mean alive or not! They know she may not have left the apartment alive, so it can't mean finding her alive only?

_________________
Fight for Madeleine x
avatar
dogs don't lie

Posts : 2502
Join date : 2014-11-24
Age : 41
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Re: 'We still have work to do' Madeleine McCann police vow to continue search

Post  froggy on Mon 28 Aug 2017, 10:00 am

TheTruthWillOut wrote:
froggy wrote:Nobody has said that these 4 OG operatives are working full time on the case. They may be spending quite a lot of their time on other matters.

I guess but then why drag it out? It has been going on for so many years and you'd think they (Government and SY) would want the monkey off their back ASAP.

Also OG is a separately/individually funded case so don't see the logic of a team assigned would only work in their spare time or as and when around other case work ... This isn't a hobby!Shocked  

Nicola spends most of her time on other cases, why should the remaining team members be any different.
avatar
froggy

Posts : 596
Join date : 2015-06-17

Back to top Go down

Re: 'We still have work to do' Madeleine McCann police vow to continue search

Post  TheTruthWillOut on Mon 28 Aug 2017, 10:59 am

froggy wrote:
TheTruthWillOut wrote:
froggy wrote:Nobody has said that these 4 OG operatives are working full time on the case. They may be spending quite a lot of their time on other matters.

I guess but then why drag it out? It has been going on for so many years and you'd think they (Government and SY) would want the monkey off their back ASAP.

Also OG is a separately/individually funded case so don't see the logic of a team assigned would only work in their spare time or as and when around other case work ... This isn't a hobby!Shocked  

Nicola spends most of her time on other cases, why should the remaining team members be any different.

I don't know that she does spend most of her time on other cases!? Was AR working other cases while appointed to the McCann case? If you know better then fair enough but considering the pressure and scrutiny this case brings, surely getting the job done ASAP would be a priority. Very few cases are individually funded like this so if the team only spend a fraction of their time on it, it seems to be another wasting of time IMO.


Last edited by TheTruthWillOut on Mon 28 Aug 2017, 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
TheTruthWillOut

Posts : 1352
Join date : 2014-09-02

Back to top Go down

Re: 'We still have work to do' Madeleine McCann police vow to continue search

Post  mumof6 on Mon 28 Aug 2017, 10:59 am

If the funding is ring fenced, then the way that hours are tracked and costed will be via a time sheet. Time sheets are often less than perfectly accurate, there are times when a department might be over-funded for one activity while underfunded for something else. I therefore found that I was ordered to "correct" my time sheets, at various times, where my boss told me that I must have forgotten how many hours I had "really" worked on a project that had funding.

That is in a situation where the time spent on something is tracked, when there is some sort of control over how the money is spent. If there is not, then people ignore the extra funding and spend their time as they wish.

At the end of the funding period, the managers go away and get more funding, and if that requires telling the higher ups that the department is working very hard on their pet project, then that is what they do.

I would have been amazed if Scotland Yard had not argued that they needed more money, and, of course, there will be a really good lead pulled out of the hat at the time.
avatar
mumof6

Posts : 570
Join date : 2017-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: 'We still have work to do' Madeleine McCann police vow to continue search

Post  froggy on Mon 28 Aug 2017, 11:38 am

Redwood was leading a team of about 30 when he was in charge, as was Wall when she was appointed. That is normal for a DCI.
The team is now down to 4, so Wall is going to be tasked with other duties commensurate with someone of that rank.

There certainly seems no urgency to bring the investigation to a close, which I suspect will continue until the Home Office pulls the plug.
avatar
froggy

Posts : 596
Join date : 2015-06-17

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum