MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anna Raccoon, Madeleine McCann blogger, has died

5 posters

Go down

Anna Raccoon, Madeleine McCann blogger, has died Empty Anna Raccoon, Madeleine McCann blogger, has died

Post  Châtelaine Sat 02 Sep 2017, 1:52 pm

A celebrity in certain circles: Sue Nundy [aka anna raccoon] died August 18 after a very long battle with cancer.
She was one of my best friends. I'm sad.
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Anna Raccoon, Madeleine McCann blogger, has died Empty Re: Anna Raccoon, Madeleine McCann blogger, has died

Post  Freedom Sat 02 Sep 2017, 2:02 pm

I'm sorry to hear that - I've heard of her though she was before my time with getting involved with the case.

I found an article about her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4480714/Cancer-sufferer-standing-against-Jeremy-Corbyn.html
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Anna Raccoon, Madeleine McCann blogger, has died Empty Re: Anna Raccoon, Madeleine McCann blogger, has died

Post  candyfloss Sat 02 Sep 2017, 2:05 pm

Châtelaine wrote:A celebrity in certain circles: Sue Nundy [aka anna raccoon] died August 18 after a very long battle with cancer.

So very sad to hear this news Chatelaine.  I saw some of her tweets a couple of months ago and she said she was very poorly.  She was very active in the MM case early on but certain people turned on her I believe although I don't know the full story.  RIP Anna.

Just came across this haven't read it as yet......

https://headrambles.com/2017/08/18/anna-raccoon

The Landlady has left The Raccoon Arms. We never met, but I feel I have lost a friend. Rest in peace Anna.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 02 Sep 2017, 2:07 pm

Many tweets from the timeline of Grandad aka headrambles re Anna Raccoon...
https://twitter.com/headrambles

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Anna Raccoon, Madeleine McCann blogger, has died Empty Anna Raccoon Madeleine McCann blogger has died

Post  Châtelaine Sat 02 Sep 2017, 2:17 pm

She was one giant of a woman.
With wit, wisdom and most importantly a fighter for truth and justice.
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 02 Sep 2017, 9:43 pm

Have you actually met her, Chatelaine?
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Sun 03 Sep 2017, 7:52 am

Yes, I did, Freedom, several times.
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 03 Sep 2017, 10:46 am

I know that she rumbled that the Hollie Greig story was a hoax long before I did - all credit to her for that - and that she sent an FOI information request on Mark Williams Thomas.

What were her thoughts generally on the McCann case? I have never seen any blogs from her about this.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Sun 03 Sep 2017, 12:17 pm

We met when she was on the MM case. She even, as one of the first, went to PdL. Her thoughts on the case were comparable to "ours", but she lost interest after a couple of years and concentrated on many and much "important" cases. I see you've found the Holly Greig analysis.
Cyberfriends are presently trying to restore her other on-line "cases", which were UK politics, social wellfare [or the lack thereof] and NHS to name a few.
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB Mon 04 Sep 2017, 7:57 am

Châtelaine wrote:A celebrity in certain circles: Sue Nundy [aka anna raccoon] died August 18 after a very long battle with cancer.
I didn't realise that you knew her. It sounds a bit stuffy and formal but I am sorry for your loss
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Anna Raccoon, Madeleine McCann blogger, has died Empty Anna Racoon old blog

Post  Bampots Fri 27 May 2022, 7:34 am

Found this last night thought it may interest some on here. The site isn't the easiest to navigate but it has interesting articles and a good few on Maddie.

Chatelaine pops up in the comments!

https://annaraccoon.com/2009/01/14/a-current-tie-in-the-battle-for-hearts-minds-and-donations-to-the-fund/

A current tie in the battle for hearts, minds and donations to the fund.
by Anna Raccoon on January 14, 2009

“Tie sales are booming as men smarten themselves up to improve their image in the workplace and avoid the sack”, according to Moss Bros, the clothing retailer.

Certainly one man was paying attention to this piece of non news this week. Gerry McCann arrived in Faro last night in a funereal black suit and tie – gone are the days when his normal attire was running shorts and sweaty t-shirt as he searched for his ‘lost’  daughter, whilst out on his daily run in Praia da Luz.

He was met at Faro by ‘British Officials’ – presumed to be Consular officials, presumed to be based in Lisbon. Since Lisbon was his final destination, this immediately begs the question of why he didn’t fly directly to Lisbon. Why did those consular officials have to travel to Faro to meet his flight, what was their purpose? Gerry McCann, outside of his own imagination, is neither visiting royalty nor a political leader. We can presume that there was more to their presence than simple good manners.

Why was he traveling to Faro at all? He claims this was for a meeting with his lawyers. Since he is on record as having been unconvinced of the necessity of traveling to Faro to attend a reconstruction of the crime scene from which his daughter went missing, it seems strange that he wishes to attend a meeting with his lawyers – they have telephones, faxes, conference lines in Portugal these days, the fund is sufficiently well endowed to compensate the lawyers for traveling to England.

What is the purpose of this meeting? During an exclusive interview with ITN (Sky presumably having blotted their copybook in some way) he vouchsafed the information that he wanted to put the past behind him and persuade the Portuguese authorities to continue the search for
Madeleine, on the basis of information he has discovered in the PJ files. If he had attended the reconstruction some months ago, he would have had no need to persuade the authorities to continue the search – it was as a direct result of his ‘inability’ to attend, allegedly because the so called ‘Tapas 7′ could not attend, that the case was archived. Now that the case has been archived, only ‘new’ evidence can re-open it. Any information in the PJ files, by definition, is not new evidence. He further said that he wanted the current firm of ‘private investigators’, and I confess that I have temporarily lost track of exactly which firm of retired detectives, debt collectors, drug dealers, and strong arm men is currently refurbishing their offices on the strength of a monthly stipend form the widows and orphans fund known as the ‘Find Madeleine fund, to co-operate with the PJ in the investigations – there is no current investigation, there is only an archived investigation pending new evidence. If Mr McCann does not know this, incontrovertibly his lawyer, Senor Alves does – he was once the Head of the Portuguese Bar.

Why is Senor Alves still retained? – he is a criminal lawyer.

Could the answer lie in the request made on behalf of the Madeleine Foundation by Tony Bennett to Dr Alberto Costa, of the Ministério da Justiça in Lisbon to hold an inquest into the disappearance or death of Madeleine McCann? Such an inquest would inevitably be a ‘difficult’ time for the McCann’s. How could they not attend? How could they not appear as witnesses and answer questions? Probably the very same questions they refused to answer many months ago to the PJ.

If Dr McCann, now recast in suit and tie as every inch the Consultant Doctor, can persuade the PJ to re-open the investigation into Madeleine’s disappearance, despite the fact that it was closed as a direct result of his, and his friends, refusal to attend the reconstruction, if Dr McCann can persuade the PJ to re-open the case despite not having any new evidence, then he might just avert an inquest.

If he can’t, and Senor Alves would be the first to advise him that he can’t, then making it look as though it is the Portuguese authorities who are refusing to co-operate, is just yet another salvo in the on-going media battle for hearts, minds, and donations to the fund

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 27 May 2022, 9:34 am

That's a name from the past. Tony Bennett commented there too.

The second one whom I've been reminded of recently - the first being Nigel Moore.

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk/t359-nigel-moore-and-the-mccann-files?highlight=nigel+moore
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down