MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hurricanes and other environmental catastrophes

+13
Freedom
bluebell
Rosa canina
Heisenburg
candyfloss
Thetruth
Admin
Andrew
Bampots
Châtelaine
Mimi
costello
chirpyinsect
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Hurricanes and other environmental catastrophes - Page 3 Empty Re: Hurricanes and other environmental catastrophes

Post  Freedom Sun 18 Feb 2018, 10:51 am

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Hurricanes and other environmental catastrophes - Page 3 Empty Re: Hurricanes and other environmental catastrophes

Post  candyfloss Sun 18 Feb 2018, 10:58 am

Also did anyone feel this 4.4 earthquake yesterday in the UK at around 2.30pm......... it was Wales area but felt hundreds of miles away. I never felt a thing. Smile

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/swansea-earthquake-south-west-england-wales-a8215521.html

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 18 Feb 2018, 11:29 am

Ooops..... I hadn't seen your post Freedom I was typing and called away and then pressed send and you had already raised the topic. Embarassed

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 18 Feb 2018, 12:42 pm

You can't get the staff!

I was wondering about there being two earthquakes on the same day in different areas.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  dannii Sun 18 Feb 2018, 6:54 pm

It was felt here in Bodmin it sounded like someone big and heavy was in my loft and they had fell over.Was quite scary as the lounge was moving.
dannii
dannii

Back to top Go down

Post  Winslow Boy Sun 18 Feb 2018, 7:46 pm

I should check your loft, the Beast of Bodmin's probably up there. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  dannii Sun 18 Feb 2018, 8:22 pm

I wish! I would be in the money then.

Funny enough there is something running around in the loft i first thought it was a mouse but it's too heavy to be a mouse,it only seems to be there when it is really cold outside if i bang on the ceiling with a broom handle it stops scratch
dannii
dannii

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 18 Feb 2018, 9:28 pm

That sounds quite scary. Do you know anyone brave enough to go up in the attic and have a look?
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  dannii Sun 18 Feb 2018, 10:35 pm

Freedom wrote:That sounds quite scary. Do you know anyone brave enough to go up in the attic and have a look?

I could call the H/A maintenance and ask them to have a look but it only happens now and again and the only person i know that would do it is too big to get through the loft opening.

My loft was insulated about 2 years ago but it seems they did'nt do the bedroom as that is where i hear it,there is quite a bit of scratching which is quite noisy.It starts about 9pm till around 6am. imight call the H/A tomorrow and see what they say i have convinced myself that it is rats.
dannii
dannii

Back to top Go down

Post  Winslow Boy Mon 19 Feb 2018, 5:39 am

Does your heating go off at 8-9pm and come back on 5-6am, or do you leave it on all night. Might be an airlock in the pipes as you said it happens only when it's cold and you would put the heating on. Pipes would vibrate, and banging on the ceiling might temporarily move them away from what they are vibrating/knocking against until they resettle again.

Back to top Go down

Post  espeland Mon 19 Feb 2018, 8:30 am

I was wondering about there being two earthquakes on the same day in different areas.

A very interesting (though long) video which assumes that earthquakes do follow set paths and predicts where they will happen next. The author is surprisingly accurate too, much to the chagrin of the US Geological Survey. As for the Welsh quake, he blames fracking in that region.
espeland
espeland

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum