Is this a joke? Hospitals to rent room!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is this a joke? Hospitals to rent room!

Post  candyfloss on Wed 25 Oct 2017, 10:29 pm

Now this is downright daft, can they not see how open to abuse this sort of thing would be, sending patients out of hospital to a strangers home to be looked after, someone who had no caring experience?  WTF!  So far on front pages of The Guardian and The TImes..

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Is this a joke? Hospitals to rent room!

Post  candyfloss on Wed 25 Oct 2017, 10:42 pm

Front page of the Mirror too, Shocked 

'Farm out responsibility to strangers with spare rooms' affraid Evil or Very Mad

'The hosts will need no medical experience'

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  coppernob on Thu 26 Oct 2017, 11:31 am

I bet my former collegues at my LA are having a break down over this !!! What about safe guarding madness , complete madness
coppernob

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Thu 26 Oct 2017, 12:09 pm

I presume that applicants would be vetted with the police but the non requirement of any medical expertise is ridiculous.

affraid
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Thu 26 Oct 2017, 12:16 pm

It is ridiculous, as most of the people would be the elderely who have no family left, and after a stay in hospital would no doubt have either wounds, medication to take etc.  So how can lay people act as nurses all of a sudden and look after them, it is utter madness.  It certainly leaves it open to people abusing the system and only doing it for the money and not looking after their 'lodger' properly.  I just cannot imagine who could think of such a stupid idea. 

How would it work, would the 'carers' have to be in all day, or would they work, if so what would be the point.  Even if in all day, they would need to go out occasionally and leave the person, so what happens in the case of an accident, a fall or something, could they then be sued for not giving proper care?  It would seem to be a minefield of problems imo.

candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Winslow Boy on Thu 26 Oct 2017, 1:25 pm

candyfloss wrote:It is ridiculous, as most of the people would be the elderely who have no family left, and after a stay in hospital would no doubt have either wounds, medication to take etc.  So how can lay people act as nurses all of a sudden and look after them, it is utter madness.  It certainly leaves it open to people abusing the system and only doing it for the money and not looking after their 'lodger' properly.  I just cannot imagine who could think of such a stupid idea. 

How would it work, would the 'carers' have to be in all day, or would they work, if so what would be the point.  Even if in all day, they would need to go out occasionally and leave the person, so what happens in the case of an accident, a fall or something, could they then be sued for not giving proper care?  It would seem to be a minefield of problems imo.

Wouldn't work. But the benefit to the Government would be massive. In Hospital if a major problem occurs a DR. would attend within 3 minutes to preserve life. In somebodies spare room an Ambulance (if one was available) would take on average of about 7 minutes to attend. In a none breathing/heart stopped patient brain death starts after 3 minutes. Euthanasia but in a different name. Pensioners are a big drain on the Economy. The kids today will have to work until they are 80 ( Working Class).

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top