MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gemma O'Doherty, Investigative Journalist - now published investigation into Madeleine McCann case

+18
Antonia
joyce1938
Mo
Winslow Boy
chirpyinsect
TheTruthWillOut
Bampots
Dee Coy
dogs don't lie
Poe
Guinea Pig
Heisenburg
Châtelaine
Mimi
PMR
niklasericson
Inca
froggy
22 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Gemma O'Doherty, Investigative Journalist - now published investigation into Madeleine McCann case - Page 8 Empty Re: Gemma O'Doherty, Investigative Journalist - now published investigation into Madeleine McCann case

Post  froggy Sat 10 Feb 2018, 2:27 pm

In my opinion, yes you are. He has made statements to police and presumably doesn't want to do any more. That is his privilege
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Gemma O'Doherty, Investigative Journalist - now published investigation into Madeleine McCann case - Page 8 Empty Re: Gemma O'Doherty, Investigative Journalist - now published investigation into Madeleine McCann case

Post  Winslow Boy Sat 10 Feb 2018, 3:31 pm

Just playing Devil's Advocate here, but wouldn't Gemma's (New?) Smithman inference instigate "another new lead". This (at asking for funds time of yea ) would constitute a further funding by the British Government, that would once again lead nowhere, but still keep our undercover forces in Portugal and elsewhere with a legitimate reason for being there. IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sat 10 Feb 2018, 4:32 pm

I don't think there's much more Martin can do though, he's been to police and told them what he saw, he went back again to make a statement, its still on going so I think he's totally correct to stay quiet and not get involved. It's up to police.

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sat 10 Feb 2018, 7:47 pm

froggy wrote:In my opinion, yes you are. He has made statements to police and presumably doesn't want to do any more. That is his privilege

Sorry, Froggy. To be clear I'm not talking about the Smith family statements/personal Police meetings that AFAIK were only ever made in 2007. I'm saying MS has over the past 10 years (RDH & BBC Panorama) tried to get retractions. IIRC the RDH one sort of worked? The Panorama one failed according to G O'D to which she fixed. From there we have the Tweet from Walker claiming she's a liar/fakenews/bad egg and TextUSA not sure about her either.

While all this goes on, nobody in the Police or media or anywhere else seem to care or have the back of the Smiths. The one set of witnesses to something that after nearly 11 years still stands and remains. This is very likely the key to the case yet there is this feeling the 'other side' is said to be trying to sabotage and destroy this with nobody seemingly trying to stop it (I'm talking about the PJ/GA/OG or someone else in authority)

Whenever others have said to have been harassed or wronged in this case (for good or ill!), it has quickly and publicly been sorted in the media/by authorities. Or a least big stink and forum arguments! lol!  

Quick query: I seem to remember that AR is said to have met with the Smiths twice in 2012/2013. Is this true and on the record? The below quote from Gemma's article reads to me like it did not.

The BBC even went as far as to make this claim. In a ‘Panorama’ programme broadcast in May 2017 to mark the tenth anniversary of Madeleine’s disappearance, presenter Richard Bilton told viewers that the Smiths had changed their mind about seeing Gerry McCann and now believed they had seen someone else.

In recent weeks, I have spoken to Martin Smith at his home in Drogheda. He told me he continues to stand by everything he said to police in 2007. At no point did he withdraw his statement or change his mind about the sighting.

Just seems odd there is no reference at all in the article to the more recent contact with AR/OG if it happened?
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Sat 10 Feb 2018, 9:04 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:
While all this goes on, nobody in the Police or media or anywhere else seem to care or have the back of the Smiths. The one set of witnesses to something that after nearly 11 years still stands and remains. This is very likely the key to the case yet there is this feeling the 'other side' is said to be trying to sabotage and destroy this with nobody seemingly trying to stop it (I'm talking about the PJ/GA/OG or someone else in authority)

I sense your frustration, TTWO. But what you're describing is the whole case in microcosm - nobody with the power to knock heads together shows even the slightest inclination to so do.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 12 Feb 2018, 2:11 pm

Thanks to Dee Coy for bumping Pat Brown on the discussion thread. It just reminded me of the Smithman and Tannerman blogs she wrote....

Monday, February 20, 2012

Criminal Profiling Topic of the Day: How Jane Tanner got Lost in a Crowd on an Empty Street

http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/criminal-profiling-topic-of-day-how.html

Monday, February 27, 2012

Criminal Profiling Topic of the Day: The Smith Sighting vs Jane Tanner's

http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/criminal-profiling-topic-of-day-smith.html

Monday, April 10, 2017

Why the Smith Sighting - and not the Last Photo - is the Key to the Madeleine McCann Case

http://patbrownprofiling.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/why-smith-sighting-and-not-last-photo.html

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 26 Mar 2018, 3:59 pm

Putting this here as it is to do with Smithman and who he was carrying...

PAT BROWN‏ @ProfilerPatB · 40m40 minutes ago

Replying to @amandajane2000 @RScottnanna @strackers74

I have repeatedly stated that I am in agreement with Goncalo Amaral that all the evidence points to something happening on May 3rd and there is zero evidence anything happened prior to that date. Fake Maddies being substituted and carried about is nonsensical. #McCann

Quite right!

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 26 Mar 2018, 4:49 pm

PAT BROWN‏ @ProfilerPatB · 30m30 minutes ago

Replying to @strackers74 @amandajane2000 @RScottnanna

I stick with evidence, not fanciful theories. #mccann

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Mon 26 Mar 2018, 8:04 pm

candyfloss wrote:Putting this here as it is to do with Smithman and who he was carrying...

PAT BROWN‏ @ProfilerPatB · 40m40 minutes ago  

Replying to @amandajane2000 @RScottnanna @strackers74

I have repeatedly stated that I am in agreement with Goncalo Amaral that all the evidence points to something happening on May 3rd and there is zero evidence anything happened prior to that date. Fake Maddies being substituted and carried about is nonsensical. #McCann

Quite right!

I think it is vital to look at the days prior to the alleged abduction. By focusing too closely on May 3rd, it is easy to miss clues as to what might have lead up to this alleged event. It's not a question of 'fake Maddies' but it is perfectly possible that there was confusion over which child was Madeleine. Confusion is good, remember?

I do not believe that Madeleine was fine and well right up to teatime on Thursday. If she had been, I think there would be more photographic evidence of it. I also think there would be evidence from the creche and more eye-witness accounts of having seen her, including from fellow guests.

To my knowledge the only fellow guest who has come forward and stated that she saw Madeleine is journalist Bridget O'Donnell who wrote an article full of purple prose about the case months later. She claimed that her own daughter played with Madeleine in the kids' club that week. I am not aware of any other guest making a similar claim which I personally find extraordinary. There should have been numerous sightings of Madeleine that week, not just by nannies and staff but also sports instructors, children at the Ocean Club and also their parents.

Madeleine was allegedly attending the kids' club from Sunday to Thursday inclusive. There should have been a wealth of evidence of this including wrist band, art and craft work, accounts from children who were in the club with her, accounts from parents who may have seen her being dropped off or picked up. Accounts from whoever served the children's 'high tea'.

Instead, what we DO have is a very strange account from holiday-maker Nigel Foster from Southampton about an episode on Thursday morning whereby Nigel's daughter was being filmed playing mini-tennis. Members of TM appear to have been lingering near the playground area watching the mini-tennis despite the fact that this was not the day that Madeleine and Ella played mini-tennis. It is foolish to ignore this sort of testimony, imo, as it provides clues as to timings.

When my own children attended a Mark Warner kids' club years ago, they brought back all sorts of things they made at the club and they also made friends who they wanted to spend time with outside the club.

If someone - anyone - could provide some sold evidence that Madeleine attended that kids' club from Sunday to Thursday inclusive then I will revise my view. I have not seen any though. And in fact what I have seen is mostly dodgy. Dodgy tennis balls photo. Dodgy 'last photo'. Creche signatures which are suspicious and make it look as though GM signed in two children at the same time.

I do not find the nannies accounts convincing I am afraid.

I know we have the Boyd article that claims their daughter played football with Madeleine but, again, I find this unconvincing and I think it was proven that the timings don't work.

ETA: I totally agree that Smithman is crucial for the reasons Pat has given. The McCanns will not allow him as a stand-alone sighting and Kate desperately (and hopelessly, imo) tries to morph him into Tannerman in her book. This tells us he is a 'key' to understanding the case, imo.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Gemma O'Doherty, Investigative Journalist - now published investigation into Madeleine McCann case - Page 8 Empty Gemma O'Doherty to stand in Irish presidential election

Post  Freedom Mon 20 Aug 2018, 12:05 am

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Mon 20 Aug 2018, 9:00 am

As I understand it, the Irish presidency is basically a ceremonial post. Lots of foreign travel. Lots of (sometimes) boring people to meet. You get a big house in a park and servants and a big salary and pension.

Why would an investigative journalist want that?

While the Irish president isn't supposed to speak out on political/current issues, Gemma has a good record so it would be hilarious if President O'Doherty upset a certain doctor and he tried to set carter Ruck on her......

Other candidates are from Dragons Den, an artist and the 77 year old incumbent is going for a second 7 year term. More candidates are expected to announce themselves.
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 26 Aug 2018, 2:56 pm

You have to subscribe or log in to view this article. Gemma's reply to Hugh O'Connell is below the link.

Hugh O'Connell‏Verified account @oconnellhugh · 4h4 hours ago

Interviewed Gemma O'Doherty about her nascent presidential campaign and some of her more controversial views #Aras18

By Hugh O'Connell Aug 26, 2018

Gemma O’Doherty made her name as an investigative reporter and campaigning journalist. Now she’s running for the presidency on an anti-corruption ticket. But questions about her views on vaccines, abortion and transgender children won’t go away

https://www.businesspost.ie/politics/elites-frightened-message-im-putting-423827

Gemma O'Doherty‏ @gemmaod1 · 10m10 minutes ago

The @sundaybusiness @oconnellhugh raised my #McCann investigation but failed to mention it resulted in the BBC having to correct a grave ‘error’ in their reporting of the case. Why was this? Didn’t their readers have a right to know? You can read it here: https://gemmaodoherty.com/investigations/madeline-mccann/madeline-mccann-did-the-bbc-bend-the-truth/

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guinea Pig Sun 26 Aug 2018, 6:31 pm

Is there anyone who has access and can copy it, please?
Guinea Pig
Guinea Pig

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 27 Aug 2018, 12:54 pm

Gemma O'Doherty‏ @gemmaod1 ·

The @sundaybusiness @oconnellhugh raised my #McCann investigation but failed to mention it resulted in the BBC having to correct a grave ‘error’ in their reporting of the case. Why was this? Didn’t their readers have a right to know? You can read it here: https://gemmaodoherty.com/investigations/madeline-mccann/madeline-mccann-did-the-bbc-bend-the-truth/

Mike Spudgun‏ @spudgun01 · 3m3 minutes ago

Mike Spudgun Retweeted Gemma O'Doherty

Gemma. A MORE salient question would be WHY, after initially asserting that a 100% Match to Madeleine #McCann DNA had been found, the British FSS later retracted that statement.
http://spudgunsspoutings.blogspot.com/2011/08/madeleine-mccann-fact-fictiona-nd.html

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 27 Aug 2018, 1:22 pm

Mike Spudgun‏ @spudgun01 ·

Mike Spudgun Retweeted Gemma O'Doherty

Of course, a BETTER question for the BBC #Panorama & the MET police to answer would be:

WHY their new "chief suspect" was based on the very photofit 'team #McCann' spent MILLIONS keeping obscured from the public for 5 years.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 29 Aug 2018, 8:31 am

This from Gemma in replyto a tweet from Madeleine Case Tweets....

Gemma O'Doherty‏ @gemmaod1 ·

Gemma O'Doherty Retweeted Madeleine CaseTweets

Thank you. Madeleine #McCann is very close to my heart and would be honoured in my Presidency. She deserves justice and those who conceal the truth about what happened to her must be held to account.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 29 Aug 2018, 10:27 am

I've merged the posts from 20th August re Gemma's standing for the Irish presidency with the existing topic.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 11 Sep 2018, 11:13 am

More positive comments...

Gemma O'Doherty

Thanks. The Irish MSM ignored my Madeleine #McCann investigation which exposed a major and inexplicable error in the #BBC reporting of the case, which they were forced to correct. It’s time those responsible for Madeleine’s death were brought to justice
https://gemmaodoherty.com/investigations/madeleine-mccann/

Madeleine CaseTweets

@gemmaod1 seems to be making waves...
When you're up against corruption, the personal attacks come with the territory

You Go Gemma!!!

I was impressed when Gemma got the BBC to admit, they lied about the #McCann case and the Smith sighting #GemmaODoherty #Gemmaforpresident

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 24 Sep 2018, 4:47 pm

She has been nominated by Laois Council...

Seeept.24th 2018
Gemma O'Doherty has been nominated for the presidency by Laois County Council

5 hours ago 20,119 Views

LAOIS COUNTY COUNCIL has nominated Gemma O’Doherty for the presidency, becoming the first council to support the journalist’s candidacy.

http://www.thejournal.ie/gemma-odoherty-2-4251324-Sep2018/

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Mon 24 Sep 2018, 6:02 pm

Unfortunately Gemma needs 3 more council nominations to get on the ballot paper and nominations I think close tomorrow or wednesday.
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 16 Mar 2019, 4:32 pm

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Sun 17 Mar 2019, 10:03 am

candyfloss wrote:

Folks should watch this. And the first part.

unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 17 Mar 2019, 10:47 am

Could you give a brief summary of what she says?
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Sun 17 Mar 2019, 11:28 am

Freedom wrote:Could you give a brief summary of what she says?

Just watched it.

Gemma says she was sent to the McCann's home town after she vanished by her then newspaper. She was surprised that local reporters told her - off the record - things that did not conform with the official line. She went back to Ireland and filed a standard report since she had no evidence to report otherwise and Irish libel laws are very strict. However, she followed the case closely over the years and noticed odd things about the behaviour of the key players. She knew of the Smith sighting and noted that it seemed to have been written out of the official narrative. She stated that Mr Smith contacted the police again after seeing a BBC film of Gerry getting off a plane. Yet in the Panorama film made for an anniversary of Maddie's disappearance it was stated that the Irish family had withdrawn their statement. She found that very strange and tracked down the Smith family in Ireland. She spoke to them for about an hour and Mr Smith said he did not withdraw his statement. He was 80/90% sure the man was Gerry. (Note other reports have put his certainty at 60% - 80%). Gemma also said the photofit of the man produced from the Smith's information was not taken seriously.

She contacted the BBC about the false statement and got the runaround. Finally she got a vague statement about it being a mistake. She said a journalist only a year out of college would know to check such an important statement and would have checked with the Smiths about the 'withdrawal.' You have to agree with her on this - how could Panorama state as fact something that wasn't when to check was simple.

She concludes by telling viewers to watch/read all they can about the case as something is very wrong.
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 17 Mar 2019, 12:45 pm

Thank you.

It's a shame that Gemma isn't at liberty to relate what the local journalists told her - that would be interesting.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next