Oscar Pistorius - Guilty of culpable homicide ** UPDATE** Now guilty of Murder!

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Oscar Pistorius - Guilty of culpable homicide ** UPDATE** Now guilty of Murder!

Post  bluebell on Thu 03 Dec 2015, 10:24 am

Freedom wrote:Presumably he can make an appeal against the sentence?

Not sure Freedom, though no doubt he will try.     I wonder if he anticipated this result or if it was a big shock?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-34993002

Pistorius can challenge the ruling in the constitutional court but only if his lawyers can argue that his constitutional rights have been violated.
Legal expert Mannie Witz told the BBC that there do not appear to be any grounds for such an appeal.

Last edited by bluebell on Thu 03 Dec 2015, 10:27 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : link + spelling !)

Back to top Go down

Re: Oscar Pistorius - Guilty of culpable homicide ** UPDATE** Now guilty of Murder!

Post  Guest on Thu 03 Dec 2015, 1:59 pm

i always wondered why this guy assumed there was in intruder. surely he would have rolled over to see if reeva was there before he got out of bed and then knocked on the bathroom door first to see if it was her in there. imo he knew she was in there and now he's got the right sentence although not long enough if he's only going to get something like 15 years

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine on Thu 03 Dec 2015, 2:35 pm

Reeva sat cowering in the toilet at late night with the door locked & had her cellphone with her ...
IIRC a bullet shell was found in the corridor [dressing] between the bedroom and the bathroom.
That gives the impression, that she was fleeing from a shooting.

However, I am very much content with the judges' verdict today: it is NOT important, whoever he thought was hiding in the toilet. He KNEW that firing several times a potent gun and heavy ammunition, would result in death. MURDER.
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Honeyblade on Fri 04 Dec 2015, 10:58 am

I am glad for her family .. It won't bring her back but it's justice that the rest of the world knew she deserved .. Heartbreaking
Honeyblade

Back to top Go down

Post  Hellsbells on Fri 04 Dec 2015, 1:28 pm

bluebell wrote:  I wonder if he anticipated this result or if it was a big shock?

nearly everyone in legal circles in S Africa thought that the original court had misinterpreted the law, and nearly everyone else in the world knew the verdict didnt make sense even though they didnt understand the specific points of law that were relevant.
so I wouldnt think it was a surprise to the defence at all, and Oscar himself was almost certainly prepared for it.
Hellsbells

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Tue 08 Dec 2015, 10:08 am

I am at a loss to understand this.  The man has now been convicted of murder yet he is allowed to stay out on bail till next April?? WTF! 

Oscar Pistorius granted bail after murder conviction

South African Olympian Oscar Pistorius has been granted bail while he awaits sentence for murdering his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp in 2013.

Judges changed his manslaughter conviction to murder last week. He now faces a minimum 15-year jail sentence for the murder of Ms Steenkamp.

The sentencing hearing is due to be held on 18 April next year.

The athlete would also appeal against his murder conviction in the Constitutional Court, his lawyer said.

Bail has been set at 10,000 rand ($700, £450). Pistorius was deemed not to be a flight risk by Judge Audrey Ledwaba.

Pistorius can remain under house arrest at his uncle's home until sentencing next year, and will be electronically tagged. He also has to hand over his passport.

He will be able to leave the house between 7am and midday, but will only be able to move within a 20km (12 miles) radius.

He is currently under house arrest after spending one year of his original five-year sentence in jail.

more on link...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-35034292

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 12 Jan 2016, 10:44 am

Oscar Pistorius seeks to overturn murder conviction for killing lover Reeva Steenkamp

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/oscar-pistorius-seeks-overturn-murder-7159132

I'd put Cuddle Cat under my pillow at night to be closer to my baby. Not wash memories away - Katie Hopkins
Admin
Admin

http://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Thu 03 Mar 2016, 4:37 pm

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect on Thu 03 Mar 2016, 5:01 pm

candyfloss wrote:

Good, I think justice has been done.

Sometimes, just sometimes the system works.

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie on Thu 03 Mar 2016, 9:56 pm

The right thing at last, but imo, that reporter asked some hard questions to Reevas mum.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Thu 03 Mar 2016, 10:32 pm

I had a discussion about this latest not so long ago.

My friend was convincved that OP would never do the 15 years.

.. and that he would top himself before.

Actually sort of agree with that.

Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Mon 18 Apr 2016, 9:58 am

Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 10:36 am

I hope he gets a long sentence he's a wicked man!
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 11:06 am

Mo wrote:I hope he gets a long sentence he's a wicked man!

I hope he does too Mo, after reading the link above. What I don't understand is how it takes so long for someone to be called back for sentencing, in the meanwhile he has been living a free man all this time and could do a runner. (I know he has the wrist tracker but that could be disabled?)

candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 1:20 pm

I think they will have taken his passport off him, so I don't think he'll do a runner. I just hope the judge doesn't take in to account time served already at his uncles property as they will the 10 months in prison. Perhaps there has been a delay in sentencing due to time being given for the new evidence.
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 1:32 pm

I can't help but smile at the thought of him doing a runner.......take his blades away.

This is a new finding from some new forensic experts. As we know, experts in various fields don't always agree with each other so this will quite likely be challenged by others.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo on Thu 21 Apr 2016, 2:16 pm

Oh Freedom that's naughty Laughing
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Fri 22 Apr 2016, 9:22 am

Apparently the brothers who have come up with this theory are not forensic experts but amateur sleuths. 

http://www.dailymaverick.co.za/article/2015-10-21-oscar-pistorius-amateur-sleuths-comb-through-evidence-find-serious-oversights/#.Vxnef_krLcs
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo on Fri 22 Apr 2016, 9:53 am

A bit like us then. if we had all the statements/evidence which has been held back, I'm sure we could solve the Mc's case! Very Happy
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 10:58 am

Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine on Mon 13 Jun 2016, 4:52 pm

Of course he's broken. He should be and serve time.
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top