Oscar Pistorius - Guilty of culpable homicide ** UPDATE** Now guilty of Murder!

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Oscar Pistorius - Guilty of culpable homicide ** UPDATE** Now guilty of Murder!

Post  Admin on Thu 11 Sep 2014, 12:24 pm

Tyrone Maseko, attorney in South Africa
tweets: A few surprises in the judgment so far #OscarTrial (the acceptance of OP's stated defence)

I'd put Cuddle Cat under my pillow at night to be closer to my baby. Not wash memories away - Katie Hopkins
Admin
Admin

http://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Re: Oscar Pistorius - Guilty of culpable homicide ** UPDATE** Now guilty of Murder!

Post  Admin on Thu 11 Sep 2014, 12:53 pm

Andrew Harding Africa correspondent
tweets: No sign of Judge returning... an unexpected, unexplained delay in proceedings. #OscarPistorius

I'd put Cuddle Cat under my pillow at night to be closer to my baby. Not wash memories away - Katie Hopkins
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Thu 11 Sep 2014, 1:31 pm

Been adjourned for the day. What?
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Fiat500 on Thu 11 Sep 2014, 1:32 pm

Somebody on Digital Spy said Judge Judy wouldn't fanny around like this Smile
Fiat500

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 11 Sep 2014, 1:34 pm

Andrew wrote:Been adjourned for the day. What?

How odd only early there still.  Came back after early lunch spoke for about 30 mins and said will continue tomorrow............very., very strange.  What is going on.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu 11 Sep 2014, 1:41 pm

candyfloss wrote:nkosi_milton 12m
Oscar Pistoroius in not guilty of murder. In other words the state could not prove 'intent' - a crucial block in building a murder case.

That does appear to be the problem, I guess I can understand the reasoning now. Intent is a very difficult thing to prove, especially without any witnesses to the crime.

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 11 Sep 2014, 9:35 pm

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Thu 11 Sep 2014, 10:34 pm

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 9:33 am

12 September 2014 Last updated at 09:26

Breaking News
Oscar Pistorius found guilty of culpable homicide

South African athlete Oscar Pistorius has been found guilty of culpable homicide after the judge found he killed his girlfriend by mistake.
Judge Thokozile Masipa said the athlete acted "negligently" when he fired shots through a toilet door but in the "belief that there was an intruder".
She said the state had failed to prove he intended to kill Reeva Steenkamp.
He was also found guilty on a charge of negligently handling a firearm that went off in a restaurant.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 10:06 am

I think Sky got the wording from the court wrong there... a mistake is not the same as no intent and was not a word used by the judge in her summing up iirc.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 11:09 am

So what's he going to get........

Please tell me he won't walk....
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 11:22 am

The killing of an intruder in one`s home will come down to self defence won`t it? That`s if the Judge believes that he thought it was an intruder.

But it`s pretty obvious to one and all - the man has got a temper.
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 11:33 am

Mimi wrote:The killing of an intruder in one`s home will come down to self defence won`t it? That`s if the Judge believes that he thought it was an intruder.

He knew what he was doing and wanted her dead. All IMO.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 12:02 pm

Breaking News

Oscar Pistorius has been granted bail.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 12:04 pm

Sentencing set for 13th October.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 12:07 pm

Admin wrote:Sentencing set for 13th October.

What a joke.

Adjourned till the 13th but will still take 3 days for the verdict.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 1:22 pm

Andrew wrote:
Mimi wrote:The killing of an intruder in one`s home will come down to self defence won`t it? That`s if the Judge believes that he thought it was an intruder.

He knew what he was doing and wanted her dead. All IMO.

We`ll have to disagree on that one Andrew. IMO he has a personality disorder going by what his previous girlfriend has come out with - so its unlikely he got Reeva round there on Valentine`s day with a plan to murder her. I can see why the Judge came to the conclusion it was not pre-meditated. With that sort of unstable personality, the slightest thing can make him explode. An a psychological assessment won`t pick up all personality disorders especially Narcissistic PD. IMO of course.
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 2:41 pm

Mimi wrote:
We`ll have to disagree on that one Andrew. IMO he has a personality disorder going by what his previous girlfriend has come out with - so its unlikely he got Reeva round there on Valentine`s day with a plan to murder her.  I can see why the Judge came to the conclusion it was not pre-meditated.  With that sort of unstable personality, the slightest thing can make him explode. An a psychological assessment won`t pick up all personality disorders especially Narcissistic PD. IMO of course.

Yes Mimi, I agree with you on that. I've known people - one of them very close family - who could 'blow up' at the drop of a hat. Their sudden explosion of temper drives them to do violent things, but they're not really in control. I don't say that to 'excuse' their behaviour, I say that because this is the behaviour that I have observed, many times. One person in particular was always very regretful of the damage he caused once he calmed down, but no amount of regret stopped the next time from happening. That's not to say that Pistorius feels regretful - only he could answer that one. He surely feels sorry himself, anyway.

That said, somebody who shoots guns in public places such as restaurants sounds like a bit of a d**k to me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 2:52 pm

IMO he knew it was Reeva in the toilet.
IMO they had a row, maybe she told him she'd been leaving, he blew it and she fled.
Repeating myself here maybe, BUT what was she doing in the toilet at 3am with the door locked and having her mobile with her? And what about the gun shell found in the [long] corridor between the bedroom and the bathroom?
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 6:59 pm

Châtelaine wrote:IMO he knew it was Reeva in the toilet.
IMO they had a row, maybe she told him she'd been leaving, he blew it and she fled.
Repeating myself here maybe, BUT what was she doing in the toilet at 3am with the door locked and having her mobile with her? And what about the gun shell found in the [long] corridor between the bedroom and the bathroom?

Could it be called a crime of passion I wonder?
I agree he probably knew it was her in the toilet but when one is in one of those white hot rages, all reason disappears. It does not break until blood is drawn or something is destroyed. IMO he realised straight afterwards what he`d done, and IMO he is sorry. But who knows if that episode has tamed the temper. A decent prison term is a must afaic.
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 7:36 pm

Crime of Passion?
IMO a narsictic revenge.
By someone who cannot control himself
and cry afterwards
for himself ...
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Fiat500 on Fri 12 Sep 2014, 11:21 pm

I haven't followed the trial but have seen TV clips.

I just turned TV on this minute on mute to see a grieving man, her father. From few clips I've seen her parents sat patiently, passively in court.

I just saw his raw grief.

Fiat500

Back to top Go down

Post  Carlymichelle on Sat 13 Sep 2014, 10:26 am

her parents are going to sue him i support them a 100%
Carlymichelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Fiat500 on Sun 14 Sep 2014, 11:33 pm

Nobody cares what you think. You choose not to discuss or reason so...

I don't know who your comment was aimed at Fiat500 - it appears to have no relevance or merit.
Fiat500

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Mon 13 Oct 2014, 9:26 am

Freedom

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top