MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fiona Phillips: Remember Madeleine McCann and don't let your holiday be the one we all read about

4 posters

Go down

Fiona Phillips: Remember Madeleine McCann and don't let your holiday be the one we all read about Empty Fiona Phillips: Remember Madeleine McCann and don't let your holiday be the one we all read about

Post  candyfloss Sat 30 Jun 2018, 10:12 am

Fiona Phillips: Remember Madeleine McCann and don't let your holiday be the one we all read about

By
Fiona Phillips

• 07:52, 30 JUN 2018

Knowing Kate and Gerry McCann, and the deep hurt and heartache they carry around with them everyday, I’d forgo all of the adult holiday pleasures all over again to make sure our kids were safe

It’s nearly holiday time and my mind’s already drifted off to a beach, a rich rum cocktail – not too much ice, thank you – a pile of books, some factor 30, sun, sea and sand.I can dare to dream of relaxing again now that my boys are young adults.When they were babies, then toddlers, then primary school age, my husband and I had this awful dawning that we wouldn’t have a lazy holiday again just sunbathing, reading, sipping a sunlounger ­cocktail or two, until our kids were at least 12.Until then, holidays are just like everyday life, only in a different country and with the added worry that the kids may drown or suffer acute sunburn, or that you may not get a chance to read one chapter, never mind finish the book.You sort of resent it. And then feel guilty. Now, though, I can imagine myself lying on a lounger reading ALL day and know it’s not just a pipe dream (what IS a pipe dream, BTW?).I can wander off to the bar without anyone in tow if I want to. Damn, I can neck a bottle of tequila if the spirit takes me.The point is, these days a holiday IS a holiday; a series of blissful sunny days rolling into each other with nothing to do at all if I choose.No deadlines, no appointments, no trying to read a book while ­simultaneously keeping an eye on tiny children, answering to their “look at me, mum” every 10 seconds, or having to meet regular mealtimes and bedtimes and bath times, and trying to ensure they behave in cafes and restaurants.And now that’s all behind me. Childhood is fleeting. You only have the little people you love most in the world – while they still love you most in the world – for such a short time.I thought of this when I read about Janet Alexander who’s suing Thomas Cook after her daughter was “abducted” from a holiday kids’ club.She left five-year-old Rose at a supervised play area at their hotel in Turkey while she took her other daughter scuba diving.When she returned an hour later there was no sign of Rose. Janet thought her daughter was dead or faced being abused.Thankfully, another guest spotted Rose near a main road with a strange woman wearing a hijab.But, knowing Kate and Gerry McCann and the deep hurt and heartache they carry around with them everyday, I’d forgo all of the adult holiday pleasures all over again to make sure our kids were safe.It’s surely worth forgoing the odd ­cocktail, a proper swim or an ­unputdownable novel, to make sure your story doesn’t become the one everyone else is reading as they lie on their sunloungers.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fiona Phillips: Remember Madeleine McCann and don't let your holiday be the one we all read about Empty Re: Fiona Phillips: Remember Madeleine McCann and don't let your holiday be the one we all read about

Post  Freedom Sat 30 Jun 2018, 10:37 am

Oh dear, Fiona doesn't get any wiser with age, does she?

She believes the very doubtful Turkish "abduction" story as well as the McCann fairy tale.

By the way, she seems to have forgotten the incident when she left her then very young boys alone in a hotel room and they were found roaming the corridors crying.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Fiona Phillips: Remember Madeleine McCann and don't let your holiday be the one we all read about Empty Re: Fiona Phillips: Remember Madeleine McCann and don't let your holiday be the one we all read about

Post  unreorganised Sat 30 Jun 2018, 10:39 am

Patronising cow!
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 30 Jun 2018, 10:49 am

Now don't mince your words, unreorganised, tell us what you really think!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 30 Jun 2018, 10:55 am

@Freedom, I sort of vaguely remember that story about her and her kids, but can't find anything, can you help?

@unreorganised Smile

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Sat 30 Jun 2018, 10:57 am

Freedom wrote:Now don't mince your words, unreorganised, tell us what you really think!

I think it would be the end of this forum and possibly the internet if I did that.

She sounds like she doesn't like her children much though. I'm also highly dubious about both GMTV and the Postcode Lottery, each of which she is/was heavily involved with.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 30 Jun 2018, 11:00 am

Here we go, preaching at us and yet...……

We often left ours sleeping upstairs in a hotel room while we dined downstairs until one night, when they were two and five, we were told they were running up and down the landing screaming and calling for Mummy.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/so-what-is-a-parent-to-do-474097

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 30 Jun 2018, 11:18 am

Like unreorganised, I would prefer to describe Fiona in more appropriate terms but I shall have to restrict myself to saying what a doughnut she is.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Fiona Phillips: Remember Madeleine McCann and don't let your holiday be the one we all read about Empty Dim Fiona...

Post  Rosa canina Sun 01 Jul 2018, 1:13 am

Fiona Phillips: Remember Madeleine McCann and don't let your holiday be the one we all read about <a href=Fiona Phillips: Remember Madeleine McCann and don't let your holiday be the one we all read about Capturejbkljgljhgvjhgvbhjghkkkkklppll_zpsjknrdrha

This double denim outfit just about made my eyes bleed.

Postcode lottery I knew of as uneven access to breast cancer treatment drugs in the UK -

- now I see it is also some sort of actual commercial/charity lottery advertised by Dim Fi.

I'm loving these quotations from people who won thanks to her :

HR Manager James has a People's Postcode Lottery ambassador to thank for his win, “I saw Fiona Phillips on an advert and I decided to sign up there and then,” he said. “I'm renting a house at the moment so I can finally buy my own home. I'm sure I'll treat my two sons too. I've never wanted millions, I just wanted enough. And this is enough.”   (20th August 2014)

Maureen has been a loyal player for over a year. "I decided to sign up after I saw Fiona Phillips advertising, and I really like her", she said. "Wasn't it just a good decision?"   (20th November 2014)

That latest opinion piece of hers is smug and unhelpful.

She's a A grade moll.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 01 Jul 2018, 10:02 am

My mother used to say "never say never" - meaning you could not say that you'd never do a particular thing, you just don't know how you might feel about it later - but I will say without any doubt that I will never be inspired to buy or try anything advertised by Fiona!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Sun 01 Jul 2018, 11:15 am

Will stick this here as it regards celebrity "endorsement" (even though I have no idea who the bloke is, but he must be semi-famous in comedy circles - ie. not very famous at all).

I've set it to start at the correct time. Is it just me, or when he makes the comment about not leaving the child alone, can you almost hear the unspoken thoughts in the room? It is not lost on me that he is sitting alongside the brother of one of the McCann's chief political enablers who, judging by his body language, knows what is coming and has the decency to look suitably uncomfortable.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Fiona Phillips: Remember Madeleine McCann and don't let your holiday be the one we all read about Empty Sounds fishy...?

Post  Rosa canina Sun 01 Jul 2018, 9:38 pm

Richard Herring's an abysmally-haired friend of the charity Missing People -

- here he is arriving at their gala dinner at the V&A Museum (held on 13-11-13) :

Fiona Phillips: Remember Madeleine McCann and don't let your holiday be the one we all read about <a href=Fiona Phillips: Remember Madeleine McCann and don't let your holiday be the one we all read about Richard_Herring_small_zpsftvfj6pv

His musings on the intersection of the McCann Case and comedy :

http://www.richardherring.com/warmingup/2/5/2009/index.html

http://www.richardherring.com/warmingup/5/3/2010/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Sun 01 Jul 2018, 10:55 pm

Rosa canina wrote:Richard Herring's an abysmally-haired friend of the charity Missing People

Interesting. Because when the guy in the video told his "joke" (and it was a joke, in that these guys trade on laughs and will take them wherever they can get them, and instead it went terribly flat and he quickly moved on) I did actually wonder if Herring was going to take advantage of the open goal. And now that you've posted that I'm surprised that he didn't.

A* for your Googling skills by the way.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 01 Jan 2021, 10:45 am

Dear old Fiona is 60 today.

I didn't hear at the time that she was battling corona virus and trolls.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/fiona-phillips-hounded-vicious-trolls-22115845
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down