MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Year same old WTF cringeworthy tweets! Put them here.

5 posters

Go down

New Year same old WTF cringeworthy tweets! Put them here. Empty New Year same old WTF cringeworthy tweets! Put them here.

Post  candyfloss Tue 01 Jan 2019, 10:39 am

What planet are some of these so called supporters on? This certainly made think WTF!

BourgeoisViews‏ @BourgeoisViews · 2m2 minutes ago

Replying to @TomMooreAtHome

The #McCann parents didn't abandon their children. And there was no danger they knew of they were exposing them to.

No danger...….. oh my goodness Rolling Eyes

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

New Year same old WTF cringeworthy tweets! Put them here. Empty Re: New Year same old WTF cringeworthy tweets! Put them here.

Post  Freedom Tue 01 Jan 2019, 10:59 am

If I may ramble off the point - though there is some logic in my ramblings - I'm reminded of all the rose-coloured specs wearers in Facebook nostalgia groups who say how wonderful the past was in the way that you could leave babies in their prams outside shops and they were perfectly safe - but of course you can't do that now, usually inferring that immigrants are the reason why not.

I sometimes get a load of abuse for saying that it always was a bat sh*t crazy thing to do; it was rare but babies were sometimes harmed or abducted.

I'm not criticising people who did it - there was no choice, you couldn't take prams into shops - but it needs to be recognised what a stupid practice it was.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

New Year same old WTF cringeworthy tweets! Put them here. Empty Re: New Year same old WTF cringeworthy tweets! Put them here.

Post  chrissie Tue 01 Jan 2019, 11:31 am

Totally agree and what a load of trollox!
chrissie
chrissie

Back to top Go down

Post  Tangled Web Tue 01 Jan 2019, 5:05 pm

Freedom wrote:If I may ramble off the point - though there is some logic in my ramblings - I'm reminded of all the rose-coloured specs wearers in Facebook nostalgia groups who say how wonderful the past was in the way that you could leave babies in their prams outside shops and they were perfectly safe - but of course you can't do that now, usually inferring that immigrants are the reason why not.

I sometimes get a load of abuse for saying that it always was a bat sh*t crazy thing to do; it was rare but babies were sometimes harmed or abducted.

I'm not criticising people who did it - there was no choice, you couldn't take prams into shops - but it needs to be recognised what a stupid practice it was.

My two children were born in the early 60s and they were put into their prams outside the door in all weather except fog and woe betide you if the health visitor called and they hadn't had their daily airing.
I am on a local site and a couple of weeks ago someone posted a photograph of the town centre Woolworths and outside there must have been a dozen prams awaiting their adults and I could remember doing the same, it was what we did all those years ago. lol!
Tangled Web
Tangled Web

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 01 Jan 2019, 6:17 pm

I've seen that photo too with of course the whinge that you can't do that today, more's the pity.

Yes, putting babies outside in all weathers is another bat sh*t crazy relic from the past.

I read an article about Cilla Black in which she said that she did that with her first son in 1970. By the time she went and brought him in he was blue with cold and lapsing into a coma.

It was in the back garden though, slightly less bonkers than unattended in the street.

Last edited by Freedom on Tue 01 Jan 2019, 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typo)
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Tue 01 Jan 2019, 8:54 pm

candyfloss wrote:What planet are some of these so called supporters on?  This certainly made think WTF!

BourgeoisViews‏ @BourgeoisViews · 2m2 minutes ago  

Replying to @TomMooreAtHome

The #McCann parents didn't abandon their children. And there was no danger they knew of they were exposing them to.

No danger...….. oh my goodness  Rolling Eyes

Interesting wording: 'There was no danger they knew of they were exposing them to.'

They know that the danger they were exposing them to was not abandonment, imo, and I think they have expressed that repeatedly.

Just watch the media interviews of the McCanns when they talk about the crying incident. Marvel at the cod acting. It's incredible. The twists and double if not treble twists that must have gone through their minds as they go through the motions, as it were, are just mind-blowing.

If you take the McCann story at face value (difficult, admittedly, but you have to start somewhere) then why on earth would the parents be utterly astonished that Madeleine woke up and cried when they were not there. This would be a totally logical reaction from their four year old daughter in the event that she woke up and cried - particularly if her younger sibling was also crying - and found her parents not there and no babysitter either. It would

The level of facial gymnastics that the pair engage in over this perfectly logical question of what happened on the evening that Madeleine woke up and cried when she didn't find her parents there is worthy of a whole new Olympic medal, albeit a pretty warped one.

This suggests to me that they both know why Madeleine woke up and cried and they wish to create the maximum amount of smokescreen over it and obfuscation.

IMO they really are the most odious pair.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Tue 01 Jan 2019, 9:00 pm

Freedom wrote:If I may ramble off the point - though there is some logic in my ramblings - I'm reminded of all the rose-coloured specs wearers in Facebook nostalgia groups who say how wonderful the past was in the way that you could leave babies in their prams outside shops and they were perfectly safe - but of course you can't do that now, usually inferring that immigrants are the reason why not.

Interesting point. But how many babies have been abducted when left outside shops in their prams?
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Tue 01 Jan 2019, 9:02 pm

One might also ask how many children have been abducted from apartments when their parents were effectively 'dining in their backyard?' Apart from Madeleine McCann, or course?
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 01 Jan 2019, 9:06 pm

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/kidnapped-the-strange-case-of-the-stolen-babies-1.1169703

Not that I remember this one personally.

There are three or four that I remember in the late 1960s / early 1970s. 

One of those turned out to be a hoax perpetrated by the parents to cover up the death of the child at the hands of her father.......

This one was a dodgy "taken from parked car" case.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disappearance_of_Ames_Glover

Elements of things to come - if I remember rightly, the father at first said he'd locked the car but, when there was no sign that it had been broken into, he said he hadn't.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 02 Jan 2019, 4:37 am

poster wrote:One might also ask how many children have been abducted from apartments when their parents were effectively 'dining in their backyard?' Apart from Madeleine McCann, or course?

It will have been asked before but can anyone think of another case which has any similarity at all to this one and which was found to be genuine?

There have been a few babies abducted from hospitals but we can exclude them.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down