MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Brookmyre: my novel ‘not an echo of Madeleine McCann tragedy’

4 posters

Go down

Chris Brookmyre: my novel ‘not an echo of Madeleine McCann tragedy’ Empty Chris Brookmyre: my novel ‘not an echo of Madeleine McCann tragedy’

Post  candyfloss Sun 27 Jan 2019, 10:10 am

Chris Brookmyre: my novel ‘not an echo of Madeleine McCann tragedy’

Mark Macaskill
January 27 2019, 12:01am, The Sunday Times

A novel based on a tragedy involving a young girl on a family holiday in Portugal is certain to conjure thoughts of Madeleine McCann. However, Scottish author Chris Brookmyre insists he did not intend to “echo” the case in his forthcoming book.

The bestselling tartan noir writer concedes that Fallen Angel, is likely to remind readers of Madeleine’s disappearance. Madeleine went missing while on holiday on the Algarve with her parents Gerry and and Kate McCann in 2007. She has never been found.

In Brookmyre’s story, a young girl drowns in a swimming pool. Years later, a nanny suspects that a family member harbours a “terrible” secret about the death. The McCann case is referenced several times in the book and in publicity material. 

More but rest is subscription only.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/chris-brookmyre-my-novel-not-an-echo-of-madeleine-mccann-tragedy-zl0833q2g

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Chris Brookmyre: my novel ‘not an echo of Madeleine McCann tragedy’ Empty Re: Chris Brookmyre: my novel ‘not an echo of Madeleine McCann tragedy’

Post  Freedom Sun 27 Jan 2019, 10:26 am

It sounds interesting!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fallen-Angel-Chris-Brookmyre/dp/1408710838

"Mother a former actress, father a famous professor" - there's a lot of acting going on in a certain real-life family!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Chris Brookmyre: my novel ‘not an echo of Madeleine McCann tragedy’ Empty Re: Chris Brookmyre: my novel ‘not an echo of Madeleine McCann tragedy’

Post  unreorganised Sun 27 Jan 2019, 12:37 pm

Sounds pretty cynical on his part, if you ask me.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 27 Jan 2019, 1:19 pm

I wonder if later the author admits that he was influenced by the McCann case as happened with the book and TV adaptation of The Cry - a baby who died from an accidental overdose and whose parents then faked an abduction.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Mon 28 Jan 2019, 12:18 pm

I have read a couple of his books and seem to remember finding them extremely funny. I think being a Scot helps.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down