MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Strange Case of Nora Quoirin

+8
froggy
joyce1938
Tangled Web
Antonia
unreorganised
chrissie
Guinea Pig
Bampots
12 posters

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Strange Case of Nora Quoirin - Page 6 Empty Re: The Strange Case of Nora Quoirin

Post  Freedom Sat 14 Sep 2019, 10:47 am

There were two - one in French and one in English. When I last looked - before Nora was found - the total wasn't far off £100,000.00, if I recall correctly.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

The Strange Case of Nora Quoirin - Page 6 Empty Re: The Strange Case of Nora Quoirin

Post  chrissie Sat 14 Sep 2019, 10:32 pm

There were two, here's a link I found, £105,474 of £100,000 goal

https://uk.gofundme.com/f/wt9zdm-find-nora-quoirin

I am Nóra's aunt. Nóra's uncle, Pacôme, has created a second campaign from France to collect money in euros. If you prefer to donate there, please visit: https://www.gofundme.com/retrouver-nora-quoirin All donations from both campaigns will be donated to Nóra's family.

The family of missing 15-year old London schoolgirl, Nóra Quoirin, appealed today for help in locating her. Nóra, who is the daughter of an Irish-French couple has special needs, disappeared while on a holiday with her family at a resort in a nature reserve near Seremban, 63 km south of Kuala Lumper, Malaysia. Her father raised the alarm when he discovered her missing from her bedroom at 8 am local time on Sunday, 4 August.

Nóra is my niece. Her parents and our families in Ireland and France are distraught by her disappearance. Nóra is a child with special needs and has learning and developmental disabilities which make her especially vulnerable and we fear for her safety. Nóra would not know how to get help and would never leave her family voluntarily. Local police now consider this a criminal matter and are treating it as an abduction. On behalf of our entire family, we are appealing to everyone to assist the local police in any way they can, if you are close by please get out and join the search and pass on any information that would help locate our beloved Nóra without delay.

The family has set up an email address for information leading to her safe return: findnoraq@gmail.com

More family members are travelling to Malaysia to participate in the search and rescue effort and would appreciate donations to cover any unforeseen expenses or charges incurred in the process.

Donations can be accepted in any currency. You will be charged in pounds, use this currency converter - https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/ - to see the equivalent in euro (or any other currency).

The balance of funds will be withdrawn directly by Meabh Quoirin, Nóra's mother, to ensure that all expenses incurred by the family are covered by this campaign. Funds will be used at the family's discretion as the search for Nóra continues to develop and as needs arise.

If there are funds in excess of the family's needs, they have expressed wishes to donate the reminder to charity, such as the Lucie Blackman Trust in order to help families in similar situations to ourselves.

We are working with Meabh and Sebastien to ensure that their immediate costs are covered, and will update you all as we have more information.
chrissie
chrissie

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Sat 14 Sep 2019, 10:45 pm

Funny how this case put the rather moribund Lucie Blackman Trust back on the map, just as McCann did for Missing People back in 2007, and periodically since.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 15 Sep 2019, 9:33 am

Thanks for that Chrissie.

Maybe the money has gone to the Lucie Blackman Trust. 

I still wonder how hordes of relatives needed to have been there - okay, they could comfort the parents but not really offer much practical help with the search in such difficult terrain; that was best left to experts.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Mon 16 Sep 2019, 5:05 pm

Guinea Pig wrote:I'd like to know what happened to the money that was raised in the GoFundMe appeals.

Perhaps some of it was used to pay for the funeral?

There must be a reason why Malaysia was chosen as a destination.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Mon 16 Sep 2019, 7:51 pm

poster wrote:

There must be a reason why Malaysia was chosen as a destination.

Richard D Hall has spoken about the potential demonisation of Malaysia in the past.

https://www.richplanet.net/richp_genre.php?ref=207&part=1&gen=99

In this part Richard talks about his campaigns to expose fabricated terror and also continues with the theme of subversion looking into the much hyped MH370 missing airliner. By considering the geopolitical position of Malaysia on the world stage and also examining aircraft safety statistics Richard presents a compelling case that the MH370 "disaster" was probably a planned psychological operation with the intention of dealing with the rogue nation of Malaysia

It's the Donegal (again!) connection that gets me.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 16 Sep 2019, 9:07 pm

Why do you find the mention of Donegal significant? I know about the strangeness of the McCanns' connection with the place but what is odd about the Quoirin family's visit there?

I'll take a look at Richard's video but I am now finding it difficult to believe anything he says.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Tue 17 Sep 2019, 11:43 am

Freedom wrote:Why do you find the mention of Donegal significant? I know about the strangeness of the McCanns' connection with the place but what is odd about the Quoirin family's visit there?

I'll take a look at Richard's video but I am now finding it difficult to believe anything he says.

I wouldn't go out of your way, it was just something that I thought I would mention in light of Poster's question. You're really not missing anything. I take it he has gone down in your estimation since the Manchester bombing stuff?

I agree there isn't anything in isolation about the Quoirin family connections to Donegal; just strange that you should have three high profile missing girl cases linked to a place that really is the arse end of nowhere.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 17 Sep 2019, 11:50 am

I started to have problems I think with his video about the Cumbrian shootings in 2010.

Mary Boyle is I presume the 3rd case you mention.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 17 Dec 2019, 11:48 pm

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 18 Dec 2019, 4:05 am

Sorry, but if you really believed that your daughter's death had a criminal element, and that thought had been with you from the start, you would not have had her body cremated. You'd have made sure her body was available to be exhumed for any future improvements in DNA technology, etc., anything, really. You would not have made sure any possible future investigations could not be carried out.

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/nora-quoirin-funeral

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Wed 18 Dec 2019, 7:21 pm

I agree. And in a case like this the primary suspects would be the parents. The family had only just arrived at the resort. Its not as though Nora was an adult with a complicated private life or likely enemies.

In any event, what was the motive for the abduction, if it was done by a person or people unknown? Was there evidence of sexual assault?

The parents never appeared to have been put under the spotlight which would be normal in an investigation like this. The police would want to know when both parents claim they last saw Nora. They would also want to interview the siblings and any resort staff who might have seen Nora at check-in or later.  Had Nora been given any medication, either prescription or otherwise?

The mother has always looked genuinely distraught, imo. But there is something impassive about the father that I find suspicious. Sometimes almost a slight gloat (dupers' delight?) that I think we also used to see with GM.

In the Mirror story below there is no suggestion that one of the potential leads would be that the parents were involved. Instead, the wandered off story is suggested (and rebuffed by the parents, as happened in the McCann case) or the 'abductor' story which is promoted by the parents.

There is even a suggestion that dangerous animals would be a risk:

Sadly, in cases such as this, where a missing person is even more vulnerable than usual, the risk to their health and safety escalates rapidly the longer it takes to find them.

This is particularly true in a remote jungle area with dangerous animals such as wild boar, poisonous snakes including cobras, vipers and pythons, even potentially deadly caterpillars.

While the above sounds about as fanciful as all the pimply, spotty, ugly bogeymen in the McCann case I suppose it does beg the question of why Nora's body was seemingly found 'as though sleeping' after having been missing for many days in the jungle which was presumably hot and humid with wild animals who could potentially have attacked her body.  Was her body really at the foot of the waterfall for all that time or was it hidden somewhere else first and then placed there to be found perhaps?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nora-quoirin-missing-seven-lines-18921385

But I fail to see a motive for the crime. Whoever abducted her must have carried her, or frogmarched her, a very long way on rough terrain. The girl was apparently sleeping with her siblings before disappearing so there would have been a real risk of the siblings waking up and seeing the abductor/s.

Another of these weird missing children cases where I think a proper investigation of the family - particularly the father, imo - needs to take place to understand the family dynamics and why someone or several people might have wanted Nora out of the way.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Guinea Pig Wed 18 Dec 2019, 11:34 pm

Guinea Pig
Guinea Pig

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Sat 21 Dec 2019, 4:25 pm

I wonder if the family are concerned that the spotlight might fall upon them?

But in any event, I fail to see what the motive for the abduction was.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 21 Dec 2019, 6:54 pm

Quite honestly, suspicion has to fall on them as it seems so unlikely that anyone else could have been involved.

It is possible though that this was simply a tragic accident - Nora woke up and wandered off or could she even have been sleep walking?
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Sun 22 Dec 2019, 8:57 pm

Freedom wrote:Quite honestly, suspicion has to fall on them as it seems so unlikely that anyone else could have been involved.

It is possible though that this was simply a tragic accident - Nora woke up and wandered off or could she even have been sleep walking?

Your theory is believable but if she had been sleepwalking she would have opend the front door(assuming it wasn't locked) and then left it open. Would she really have got as far away as 2km given the less than friendly terrain? There is no motive for kidnapping; she had only just arrived so no watching the family and deciding on her. The family are middle class but not rich. No recorded ransom demand. The case is really wierd.
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 22 Dec 2019, 9:25 pm

Not that I know much about sleep walking but maybe people who do it can behave in ways they wouldn't when awake, including going out through a window rather than a door.

How she managed to get so far is hard to understand.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Tue 24 Dec 2019, 3:26 pm

Freedom wrote:Not that I know much about sleep walking but maybe people who do it can behave in ways they wouldn't when awake, including going out through a window rather than a door.

How she managed to get so far is hard to understand.

Given that the family are talking about a 'criminal' element to her disappearance and a complex story behind it, I wonder what they are referring to?

They claim she was abducted which of course would encompass the 'criminal' element but why is the story complex and who do they think abducted her and why?
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 05 Jan 2020, 12:20 pm

This is getting murkier by the minute. How can the resort be responsible for the parents not taking adequate precautions to protect their daughter?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/n%C3%B3ra-quoirin-s-parents-file-civil-claim-against-malaysian-resort-1.4130836
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Sun 05 Jan 2020, 12:38 pm

Admittedly it is very odd how and why Nora left the holiday cottage and ended up dead but to sue the manager of the holiday complex makes no sense to me AND it reminded me of the McCanns in that they took no responsibility for their daughter's disappearance and blamed everybody else including the Portuguese police.  

Kate McCann said she felt very safe in PDL but this did not absolve her from the responsibility of hiring a babysitter to mind her three small children when they went out for the evening, or to lock the doors to the ground floor apartment.

The Quoirins would have been tired after their long journey but none the less they should have taken basic precautions like locking doors and shutting downstairs windows; and checking that their children were in bed and settled.

I'm wondering was there any security guard(s) covering night time at the complex.
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 05 Jan 2020, 1:20 pm

At least the McCanns didn't actually sue anyone at the resort though!

I haven't gone through all the posts here but was it stated early on that the window catch was faulty? I don't recall that. 

I didn't know that the family was only due to stay in the cottage for three days.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Sun 05 Jan 2020, 3:36 pm

The Quoirins according to the article are looking for c.€40,000. Now this amount of money is not going to change their life.  And, it seems a very dodgy case which they may well lose. Normally the losing party pays the costs of both sides.

So why are they doing this?

Up to this I believed they had nothing to do with Nora's disappearance.  I believed they wanted to understand how this all happened to help them move on.  Taking this case will not help reveal what happened and why.

So I find myself asking, could the parents be involved......but then again I have to ask why would they?
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 05 Jan 2020, 4:01 pm

Okay, the broken window was mentioned back in August.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Sun 05 Jan 2020, 8:08 pm

Antonia wrote:The Quoirins according to the article are looking for c.€40,000. Now this amount of money is not going to change their life.  And, it seems a very dodgy case which they may well lose. Normally the losing party pays the costs of both sides.

So why are they doing this?

Up to this I believed they had nothing to do with Nora's disappearance.  I believed they wanted to understand how this all happened to help them move on.  Taking this case will not help reveal what happened and why.

So I find myself asking, could the parents be involved......but then again I have to ask why would they?

Talk about deja-vu....we have the window ajar, the latch broken (jemmied?) and the observation that the window could be opened from outside. The perimeter fencing is not secure (the apartment/property  is not within a secure resort); the entrance is kept open and there are no security personnel  and no cctv.

Uh??? Why on earth would the family chose to go on holiday to a remote location in Malaysia with a child with severe special needs and furthermore chose to travel around the country?

If they wanted safe, secure, cctv etc why not go to Centre Parcs, say? Or thoroughly check out the resort to make sure it is appropriate for their needs and those of their children?

The next morning, at or about 8 am, Nóra’s parents discovered she was missing and noticed that the window in the living area of the bungalow in which they were staying was ajar.

Their statement of claim alleges that the latch on the window was broken and the window could easily be opened by anyone from outside.

It is also alleged that the perimeter fencing was not secured and the entrance gate of the Dusun was kept open at all times and no security personnel were in place to guard the property.

Furthermore, it alleges that there was no closed-circuit television and no other safety facilities were installed at the resort.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Sun 05 Jan 2020, 8:17 pm

Freedom wrote:

Okay, the broken window was mentioned back in August.

And we even have the rather ghastly spectre of the 'ghosts of Christmas past' Jim Gamble unfortunately raising his head above the parapet again to observe:

".....that the 15-year-old's family could not lock the Dusun resort villa window because it was faulty.

He said: “In the villa we do know that the downstairs window was broken so it couldn't have been locked by the family and could have been opened from outside.”

This is ridiculous. In hot countries families often sleep with windows open, even (especially?) in resorts, villas, hotels etc. In this country in warm weather people sleep with windows open. In general, children are not 'abducted' through unlocked windows.

In any event, if a person really, really wants to 'abduct' a person/child, they don't need an open window or an unlocked window. In the vast majority of cases where children disappear mysteriously, the responsibility lies with those who know the child and who may be trusted by the child.

WHY is Jim Gamble coming up with this utter guff, YET AGAIN?

Imo!
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10, 11, 12  Next