The Missing drama series - now updated to include the second one

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Missing drama series - now updated to include the second one

Post  dogs don't lie on Tue 09 Dec 2014, 8:59 pm

bellisa wrote:Andrew here's your reminder :-)

I think that the obvious person is often the one responsible, in tv land and real life actually!

Never heard of Jo Yeates andrew I'll have a look now.

Cheers bellisa, you've reminded me too Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Tue 09 Dec 2014, 9:00 pm

Thanks bellisa. I might have to record it and watch it later. Glued to the football. Had a fair few quid on Basel to beat Liverpool. So far so good.

Can't believe you not heard of the Jo Yeats murder.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie on Tue 09 Dec 2014, 9:04 pm

Holy shit, what a start this week!

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenmeg on Tue 09 Dec 2014, 10:01 pm

Andrew wrote:I feel that it's a 33/1 shout for a good reason. In other words no chance.

I'm not sure about Vincent. I feel that would be too obvious and i don't think the conclusion will be obvious at all.

Maybe tonight's episode will give more clues though.

Speaking of a Vincent...

I noticed there is another drama on ITV starting soon. It's about Christopher Jefferies who was first arrested about the Jo Yeates murder. He was the landlord.

I was quite gripped by that case at the time. I'm ashamed to say that my suspicion was firmly on the boyfriend from the beginning. Right up until that Vincent Tabak bloke was charged. Justice in the end. RIP Jo.

Me too - I was also really gripped by that case - and also was convinced it was the boyfriend. Just shows how wrong you can be
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Tue 09 Dec 2014, 10:22 pm

http://www.itv.com/drama/the-lost-honour-of-christopher-jefferies

Information about the programme on tomorrow and Thursday regarding the Jo Yeates case.

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/Lost-Honour-Christopher-Jeffries-8211-real-life/story-25142439-detail/story.html
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  bellisa on Wed 10 Dec 2014, 1:17 am

Just read up on that case andrew. Very sad, beautiful girl. The treatment of the landlord was a disgrace, but yet the newspapers are still printing this type of rubbish.

I think I seen someone saying that mark, the English detective is supposedly responsible for the abduction of ollie. It does seem to be heading that way after tonight's episode, did he switch the evidence or was I imagining that?
bellisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed 10 Dec 2014, 9:28 am

bellisa wrote:Just read up on that case andrew. Very sad, beautiful girl. The treatment of the landlord was a disgrace, but yet the newspapers are still printing this type of rubbish.

I think I seen someone saying that mark, the English detective is supposedly responsible for the abduction of ollie. It does seem to be heading that way after tonight's episode,  did he switch the evidence or was I imagining that?

Chief of Police now evens favourite.

In my opinion, of course.

3/1 no resolution.

5/1 on "The Missing : Part 2" this time next year.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Wed 10 Dec 2014, 10:34 am

I liked the comment from the British police officer after the incident in 2009 that most child abductions involve the parents!
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Thu 11 Dec 2014, 11:45 am

I might take that 5/1 seicento about a 'part 2'.

I'm sure I read somewhere that it was being planned although probably be a totally different storyline.

Mark does look/act a bit on the dodgy side IMO.

What exactly was in that bag at the end? Was half asleep and not re-watched it.

Last edited by Andrew on Thu 11 Dec 2014, 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Couldn't spell seicento - Clay is much easier.)
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu 11 Dec 2014, 12:03 pm

Freedom wrote:I liked the comment from the British police officer after the incident in 2009 that most child abductions involve the parents!
I picked up on that too!

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect on Thu 11 Dec 2014, 12:38 pm

Andrew wrote:I might take that 5/1 seicento about a 'part 2'.

I'm sure I read somewhere that it was being planned although probably be a totally different storyline.

Mark does look/act a bit on the dodgy side IMO.

What exactly was in that bag at the end? Was half asleep and not re-watched it.

Was it supposed to be some lab report that the journalist had paid for in cash? There was also a coin. Who did we see with a coin? It was found by Ziane in the drain near the pool. Sylvie showed Tony a sobriety coin that was her husbands for 1 year sober. The hotel owners have the same surname as the Mayor. Who could arrange a prison murder? Just saying.
chirpyinsect

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Thu 11 Dec 2014, 12:39 pm

Andrew: I've just looked at the ending on the I-player and the object in the bag that Tony recognised looks like a coin or a medal.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Thu 11 Dec 2014, 12:59 pm

Got a memory like a sieve. Can't recall that about Sylvia showing Tony a coin at all.

Hope Iv'e not missed other important bits and have to watch all 7 episodes again before Tuesday.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu 11 Dec 2014, 2:22 pm

chirpyinsect wrote:The hotel owners have the same surname as the Mayor. Who could arrange a prison murder? Just saying.

Ah, that guy's the mayor, is he? I had him in my mind when I said Chief of Police. Still the culprit I reckon.

The fake abduction by the father was to this series what the Shannon Mathews fiasco was to the McCann story.

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia on Thu 11 Dec 2014, 4:00 pm

Googling I found a site discussing the drama and one theory is that Tony is not Olly's biological father; the real father is the guy Greg he beat up years ago thinking that Emily was having an affair. Greg kidnaps his son, having possibly arranged the car problem. The DNA tests that were not conclusive could relate to paternity. Interesting.......
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Thu 11 Dec 2014, 4:45 pm

Antonia wrote:Googling I found a site discussing the drama and one theory is that Tony is not Olly's biological father; the real father is the guy Greg he beat up years ago thinking that Emily was having an affair. Greg kidnaps his son, having possibly arranged the car problem.  The DNA tests that were not conclusive could relate to paternity.  Interesting.......

Interesting Antonia.

To me though that doesn't make sense. You wouldn't keep your own son locked up in a basement and it doesn't explain the video footage amongst other stuff.

I appreciate the creative input from that site but logically (to me) it doesn't make sense.

Watch it be exactly that now iv'e dissed it.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie on Thu 11 Dec 2014, 4:49 pm

I wonder is that what the reporter meant when he said he knew what the mother done?

Last edited by dogs don't lie on Sat 13 Dec 2014, 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Sat 13 Dec 2014, 1:06 pm

So who do YOU think did it? As The Missing prepares for its thrilling climax, CHRISTOPHER STEVENS turns detective to try and solve the smash-hit kidnap TV series that has gripped the nation
By Christopher Stevens for Daily Mail
Published: 10:21, 13 December 2014  | Updated: 12:09, 13 December 2014

With its criss-crossing storylines that hop between 2006 and the present day, and much of the dialogue in French with subtitles, The Missing has been hailed as the most challenging drama ever screened by the BBC.

But the really mind-bending aspect about this disturbing story of a kidnapped five-year-old child, Oliver Hughes, and the intolerable strain that his disappearance places on his parents, Tony and Emily, is the complexity of the investigation. At least a dozen characters are plausible suspects, and every one of the seven episodes so far has thrown up more insoluble clues.

The final part is a closely guarded secret but millions of viewers will be hoping for a conclusion when it’s screened on Tuesday [16DEC] at 9pm. If you fancy a crack at solving this superb but chilling mystery help is at hand. Our own supersleuth, Mail TV critic CHRISTOPHER STEVENS, has been sifting through the evidence to compile this guide to the personalities, the pointers and the red herrings that abound. Keep your thinking cap screwed on tightly!

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2872459/Whodunit-Missing-prepares-thrilling-climax-CHRISTOPHER-STEVENS-turns-detective-try-bottom-smash-hit-kidnap-TV-series-gripped-nation.html#ixzz3LmagnCha

Interesting - lots more on link, lots of headings a clue solving, a good long read - plus a video.............great stuff santa rendeer

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chilli on Sun 14 Dec 2014, 7:22 pm

Did Carl Sieg (the clean up guy) plant the coin to frame Alain from the hotel? I've just watched that episode again and it was 5 days after Ollie disappeared. So 4 days after he cleaned up. He watching very intently from his van. If he was just generally watching he would not be able see all of the police all of the time. The van was parked so he had a direct view of tbe grid where Zaine found the coin.

Having seen Tony's violence I don't fancy Alain's chances when he catches up with him. That's if he still alive as I don't think I've seen him in the 2014 shots.
chilli

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 12:15 pm

I gave some flannel to get out of an Xmas party tonight so I could simply sit in and watch the last episode.

I don't need to remind myself this time.

What a fantastic programme it's been.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 12:40 pm

I will be working till about 9,30 or 10,00 tonight so I will catch up with it on iPlayer when I get home. That way I can give it my full attention, instead of catching snatches of it between work. It really has been a fantastic series. I still haven't worked out whodunnit.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 1:19 pm

http://tv.bt.com/tv/tv-news/the-missing-7-questions-that-need-answering-11363950053039

Let's hope that all the loose ends are tied up.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 9:02 pm

Just about to watch final episode.... probably wrong and no time to explain why I think it is the family liaison guy, the wife's new partner.

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 9:03 pm

Here we go. Hope you all remembered. Enjoy!

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 10:00 pm

Who thinks that was Ollie at the end?
chirpyinsect

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top