MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sonia Poulton's documentary

+48
What's_up_doc?
Guinea Pig
espeland
PMR
Neveronasunday
kylie
AndyB
PeterMac
Hellsbells
pennylane
coppernob
Burst
seahorse
Walt
Bampots
Mo
costello
Anne
Popcorn
Chop Suey on Toast
wjk
bluebell
Inca
Helenmeg
Jellybot
TheTruthWillOut
Thetruth
Antonia
Rowena
nobodythereeither
Meteor
Cristobell
Ixta
margaret
dogs don't lie
Marky
Dee Coy
Poe
Mimi
Freedom
Châtelaine
candyfloss
chirpyinsect
Baldrick
chilli
Tristar
Justformaddiemccann
Andrew
52 posters

Page 22 of 38 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 30 ... 38  Next

Go down

Sonia Poulton's documentary  - Page 22 Empty Re: Sonia Poulton's documentary

Post  candyfloss Wed 14 Oct 2015, 1:07 pm

There is an update on Cristobell's blog re the timing of the documentary and interfering with the investigation, posted today.

Interesting last paragraph......

We are all on tenterhooks at the moment, something appears to be happening - Operation Grange have a deadline. Sonia has all the footage and all the interviews and is ready to go!

http://cristobell.blogspot.co.uk

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 14 Oct 2015, 2:06 pm

When is she 'ready to go' though....
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 14 Oct 2015, 2:09 pm

Andrew wrote:When is she 'ready to go' though....
I expect when the case is ready...

I can wait. Smile

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 14 Oct 2015, 2:09 pm

Hold your horses, Andrew!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 14 Oct 2015, 2:24 pm

Well my post appeared quicker than you could bat an eyelid 'over the road' Smile Wink

Yep Thunderbirds are GO!!

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Wed 14 Oct 2015, 2:26 pm

Laughing
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Popcorn Wed 14 Oct 2015, 2:45 pm

Don't Forget Madeleine wrote:
Walt wrote:Sections 9  of the offences against the person act.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/Vict/24-25/100/section/9

9 Murder or manslaughter abroad.

Where any murder or manslaughter shall be committed on land out of the United Kingdom, whether within the Queen’s dominions or without, and whether the person killed were a subject of Her Majesty or not, every offence committed by any subject of Her Majesty in respect of any such case, whether the same shall amount to the offence of murder or of manslaughter, . . . F1, may be dealt with, inquired of, tried, determined, and punished . . . F1 in England or Ireland . . . F1: Provided, that nothing herein contained shall prevent any person from being tried in any place out of England or Ireland for any murder or manslaughter committed out of England or Ireland, in the same manner as such person might have been tried before the passing of this Act.

That paragraph is as clear as mud to me.  The Dewani's trial took place in South Africa.  Shrien Dewani was born in Bristol.

I think the key word here is 'may'. A British murderer may be tried in the UK. If, for example, UK authorities had discovered evidence of Dewani trying to arrange for his wife to be murdered, then they might have launched proceedings against him here, even if the actual murder took place abroad. But this is in addition to the right of the country in which the murder took place to punish crimes committed on their own soil.
Popcorn
Popcorn

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 14 Oct 2015, 3:28 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzqSOO6B_Fw

Let's join our friends elsewhere in a rousing version of Thunderbirds Are Go.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 14 Oct 2015, 3:36 pm

Been a long time since watched the Thunderbirds.

Trying to remember the characters.

Wrong sock puppet, Andrew.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 14 Oct 2015, 3:44 pm

Sorry Andrew, this will only cause the cauldron to boil over.

I'll read that post with interest, though.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Sonia Poulton's documentary  - Page 22 Empty Re:The untold story of Madeleine McCann-Sonia Poulton.

Post  costello Wed 14 Oct 2015, 3:49 pm

Andrew wrote:Been a long time since watched the Thunderbirds.

Trying to remember the characters.

Wrong sock puppet, Andrew.

I liked Parker and Lady Penelope.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 14 Oct 2015, 3:59 pm

I'm sure Mr B gets paid by the word.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 14 Oct 2015, 4:17 pm

Apologies all.

Yes, let us know what the gist is, although that's clearly obvious.

Can't be bothered to read it myself.

His sidekick has just posted a link on twitter too.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 14 Oct 2015, 4:18 pm

Popcorn wrote:
Don't Forget Madeleine wrote:
Walt wrote:Sections 9  of the offences against the person act.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/Vict/24-25/100/section/9

9 Murder or manslaughter abroad.

Where any murder or manslaughter shall be committed on land out of the United Kingdom, whether within the Queen’s dominions or without, and whether the person killed were a subject of Her Majesty or not, every offence committed by any subject of Her Majesty in respect of any such case, whether the same shall amount to the offence of murder or of manslaughter, . . . F1, may be dealt with, inquired of, tried, determined, and punished . . . F1 in England or Ireland . . . F1: Provided, that nothing herein contained shall prevent any person from being tried in any place out of England or Ireland for any murder or manslaughter committed out of England or Ireland, in the same manner as such person might have been tried before the passing of this Act.

That paragraph is as clear as mud to me.  The Dewani's trial took place in South Africa.  Shrien Dewani was born in Bristol.

I think the key word here is 'may'. A British murderer may be tried in the UK. If, for example, UK authorities had discovered evidence of Dewani trying to arrange for his wife to be murdered, then they might have launched proceedings against him here, even if the actual murder took place abroad. But this is in addition to the right of the country in which the murder took place to punish crimes committed on their own soil.

Thanks Popcorn for your explanation.  It makes more sense to me now.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 14 Oct 2015, 4:19 pm

Andrew wrote:Apologies all.

We can discuss the Smith sighting on the thread in Discussion section Andrew, we are entitled to discuss posts re the case and put our opinions ath thoughts down.  Mind you sensible thoughts though Andrew.........no witty comments please.

Thread has been bumped in Discussion section.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 14 Oct 2015, 4:24 pm

candyfloss wrote:
Andrew wrote:Apologies all.

We can discuss the Smith sighting on the thread in Discussion section Andrew, we are entitled to discuss posts re the case and put our opinions ath thoughts down.  Mind you sensible thoughts though Andrew.........no witty comments please.

Ok, cheers CF, although not really got anymore to say on the whole nonsense, that's not been said squillions of times before.

If I can free up an hour or so later, then might attempt to have a read.

Probably just before bedtime, when it will send me sound asleep within 30 seconds.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 14 Oct 2015, 4:46 pm

okay, I read the blog, but it doesn't address my main concern about airing a documentary ahead of any charges and subsequent trial, so not really sure what it is meant to imply?

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB Wed 14 Oct 2015, 4:55 pm

susible wrote:okay, I read the blog, but it doesn't address my main concern about airing a documentary ahead of any charges and subsequent trial
Presumably then you have similar concerns about Tuesday's Panorama?
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 14 Oct 2015, 4:59 pm

Not sure what you mean?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 14 Oct 2015, 5:11 pm

Assume you mean this programme?

The VIP Paedophile Ring: What's the Truth?
Panorama

Panorama investigates sensational allegations of historical child abuse and murder by some of the most prominent people in Britain: a paedophile ring at the heart of the Establishment. Why were the allegations described by police as "credible and true" with no hard evidence or corroboration? What role have senior politicians and the media played in promoting this story around the world? And what price will genuine victims of child abuse pay if it turns out not to be true?

If so, then it bears no resemblance whatsoever to the McCann case, and is being discussed now, mainly because several key (tory) figures have been totally exonerated and the fact that a now, very senior Labour politician was behind the drive to have these people investigated even though there was no evidence whatsoever! But of course that same person refusing to sign the letter demanding that Lord Janner be prosecuted, despite his dementia

So the programme is more about an expose of how politicians seem to be using the, at times, ridiculous claims, of some people in an effort to smear their opposition and then looking at the impact that may have on genuine sufferers of abuse, who may not be believed to the same extent after all of these very high profile cases turn out to lies..

Totally different to a police investigation into a missing child where detectives from two countries are currently trying to bring the perpetrators to justice imo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 14 Oct 2015, 5:13 pm

candyfloss wrote:There is an update on Cristobell's blog re the timing of the documentary and interfering with the investigation, posted today.

Interesting last paragraph......

We are all on tenterhooks at the moment, something appears to be happening - Operation Grange have a deadline.  Sonia has all the footage and all the interviews and is ready to go!

http://cristobell.blogspot.co.uk
In other words OG have been given the cash etc. to March, if what has been published is correct, so nothing new there. She has footage and interviews which obviously have no impact on the case, it's more or less confirmed in your excerpt. Although a heavy dose of cynicism I'm looking forward to what Sonia has to offer (my guess is nothing new but she may get the message out to the masses which is decent accomplishment in itself)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 14 Oct 2015, 5:24 pm

It has been stated that OPERATION GRANGE have a deadline, but it doesn't mean the investigation will stop then.  What if SY hand the whole case (their files - regarding fraud may be) over to the PJ and it could take another 2/3/4 years.

We're all presuming that it will stop with SY, but they're not the main police force dealing with the "crime".  The crime was committed in Portugal so we have no idea what will happen after the funding for SY ends.

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB Wed 14 Oct 2015, 5:25 pm

susible wrote:Assume you mean this programme?

The VIP Paedophile Ring: What's the Truth?
Panorama

Panorama investigates sensational allegations of historical child abuse and murder by some of the most prominent people in Britain: a paedophile ring at the heart of the Establishment. Why were the allegations described by police as "credible and true" with no hard evidence or corroboration? What role have senior politicians and the media played in promoting this story around the world? And what price will genuine victims of child abuse pay if it turns out not to be true?

If so, then it bears no resemblance whatsoever to the McCann case
Its exactly the same thing - a documentary about matters involved in an ongoing police investigation (actually several) that has the potential to cause a miscarriage of justice. In fact it was strongly criticised by the police for its potential impact. How is it ok for panorama to do that sort of thing but not Sonia Poulton? Either you have concerns "about airing a documentary ahead of any charges and subsequent trial" or you don't. I can't understand the inconsistency

I'll leave the complete nonsense that you wrote about exoneration and statement signing unchallenged because I don't want to drag the thread off topic, suffice to say they are irrelevant to the point at hand, which is the acceptability or otherwise of airing documentaries about matters of great public interest when there is an ongoing police investigation into those matters but no-one has yet been arrested or charged.
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB Wed 14 Oct 2015, 5:27 pm

Don't Forget Madeleine wrote:It has been stated that OPERATION GRANGE have a deadline

I took that to mean that Sonia Poulton has given them a deadline along the lines of "Either you provide me with a substantive response to what I've put to you by such and such a date or I'll just say that we put this to the Met but they refused to comment"
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 14 Oct 2015, 5:35 pm

AndyB wrote:
Don't Forget Madeleine wrote:It has been stated that OPERATION GRANGE have a deadline

I took that to mean that Sonia Poulton has given them a deadline along the lines of "Either you provide me with a substantive response to what I've put to you by such and such a date or I'll just say that we put this to the Met but they refused to comment"

No I took it that OG have a deadline re the £2million given to them.

I'm sure is SP approached anyone in authority with those demands regarding her doc, the answer would be "go boil your head" or something along those lines.

ETA: Don't forget we're talking about a CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION into the disappearance of a 3 year old girl, not a street mugging or taking slates of a church roof.  Do you really think that a £12million plus investigation by SY could be thwarted by Sonia Poulton with her video cameraman.

Last edited by Don't Forget Madeleine on Wed 14 Oct 2015, 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 38 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 30 ... 38  Next