Virgin Galactic

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Virgin Galactic

Post  Lioned on Fri 31 Oct 2014, 10:43 pm

One of the  Virgin Galactic 'space craft' has crashed and sadly one pilot dead,seems one may have survived. Branson is hot footing it over there no doubt on another damage limitation exersize.
Originally back in 2008 Branson claimed the first space tourists would take off in 2009,he later changed that to 2011.
Not sure where he is with it now and how long the 'many' rich people who have already paid their deposits will be prepared to wait,or maybe starting to get a bit worried about safety.
Last week one of the supply rockets to the space station 'Antares' blew up shortly after take off.

Dont know whats going on with our ventures into space and beyond.Seems like yesterday as a young kid i was fixed to the telly when the Americans managed to send those brave men to the moon in a mechano set.

Nearly 50 years ago and we now seem to have such trouble getting out of the Earths gravitational pull.Seems to have become one of the few technologies where we are going backwards,very odd.
Lioned

Back to top Go down

Re: Virgin Galactic

Post  chirpyinsect on Sat 01 Nov 2014, 6:17 am

As a child I watched on our black and white tv and was in awe of those astronauts. 1969 and we really believed they were walking on the moon. I actually rushed outside to see if I could see them.
I first started to question the moon landings when I read a book called "Nasa Mooned America" by Ralph Rene
For me it was similar to discovering Santa was my dad or the Tooth Fairy was really my mum with a shiny sixpence to slip under my pillow. Another childhood dream shattered.
chirpyinsect

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Sat 01 Nov 2014, 9:34 am

I haven't come to a conclusion as to whether the moon landings were a hoax or not.

At the time - and for many years after - it would have been impossible for me to think that the powers that be were capable of such vast deception.

Now of course we know that they are.

It's the technology question that makes me wonder. Did we really have the technical ability in the 1960s to send men to another planet?

Link to the story about the Virgin Galactic accident.

http://home.bt.com/news/science-news/branson-to-persevere-with-space-bid-11363940765886
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned on Sat 01 Nov 2014, 10:17 pm

I remember my first job in a big office complex around the early 70's and the main frame computer took up half the building and had all sorts of environmental conditons to keep it working.

People around the offices just had to imput information as they were told and just to monitor and check numbers.Well all that information could just be a load of meaningless gobbledygook and those operators wouldnt really know or care so long as their wage packet arrived on friday afternoon.

So all those who say the moon landings must be true,far to many people involved.Well if your sat in a chair in a big room in Cape Canaveral and told to monitor dots and dashes then what do you really know.
So those dressed up and doing the business obviously do know and some film crew.
Some as we know met an untimely death.
Lioned

Back to top Go down

Post  Tristar on Mon 03 Nov 2014, 11:10 pm

Stanley Kubrick
Tristar

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Mon 03 Nov 2014, 11:24 pm

Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Tristar on Mon 03 Nov 2014, 11:47 pm

Thanks Andrew - extended video here:

http://www.apfn.org/apfn/moon.htm

No surprise Stanley holed up in Harpenden, West Common, Hertfordshire for the rest of his life

The Shining - he never set foot on the American continent for that

Full Metal Jacket - shot in the East End of London with palm trees flown in from the Phillippines

Strange things can happen when you travel - or even just go for a leisurely walk - ask Dr. Kelly

hang on
Tristar

Back to top Go down

Post  Lioned on Tue 04 Nov 2014, 5:46 pm

Not sure i can go with the Nazi flying saucers bit though.

Lioned

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top