MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madelaine Mccann: A Global Obsession - Channel 5 Tue 19:00 18 Nov

+17
Justformaddiemccann
Andrew
Chop Suey on Toast
Fiat500
Poppy
hicks
TheTruthWillOut
Baldrick
bellisa
chirpyinsect
Lioned
paracetamol
CynicAl
Poe
Châtelaine
costello
candyfloss
21 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Madelaine Mccann: A Global Obsession - Channel 5 Tue 19:00 18 Nov - Page 3 Empty Re: Madelaine Mccann: A Global Obsession - Channel 5 Tue 19:00 18 Nov

Post  bellisa Tue 18 Nov 2014, 9:20 pm

Completely agree emerald. Apart from mary nightingale of course.

The other thing to annoy me was the tossed bed covers.

I really don't think it was a programme that had a lot of spin in it.
bellisa
bellisa

Back to top Go down

Madelaine Mccann: A Global Obsession - Channel 5 Tue 19:00 18 Nov - Page 3 Empty Re: Madelaine Mccann: A Global Obsession - Channel 5 Tue 19:00 18 Nov

Post  candyfloss Tue 18 Nov 2014, 9:53 pm

Felt so upset for Daniel Entwhistle's dad, so sad, nothing ever heard of that missing boy, aged 7, and next to nothing spent on looking for him, no PR, no fund.  Here is a reminder ......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-22383575

Madelaine Mccann: A Global Obsession - Channel 5 Tue 19:00 18 Nov - Page 3 20ztic6  
 Madelaine Mccann: A Global Obsession - Channel 5 Tue 19:00 18 Nov - Page 3 Lines-animals-539529  

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 18 Nov 2014, 10:00 pm

candyfloss wrote:Felt so upset for Daniel Entwhistle's dad, so sad, nothing ever heard of that missing boy, aged 7, and next to nothing spent on looking for him, no PR, no fund.  Here is a reminder ......

Yes I have never even heard of this child before the documentary so it also highlighted the inequalities in reporting these cases. Very sad case.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 18 Nov 2014, 10:14 pm

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Tristar Tue 18 Nov 2014, 10:42 pm

Emerald wrote:
candyfloss wrote:Felt so upset for Daniel Entwhistle's dad, so sad, nothing ever heard of that missing boy, aged 7, and next to nothing spent on looking for him, no PR, no fund.  Here is a reminder ......

Yes I have never even heard of this child before the documentary so it also highlighted the inequalities in reporting these cases.   Very sad case.

valid point
Tristar
Tristar

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppy Tue 18 Nov 2014, 10:58 pm

I don't normally swear, but F***ing hell after watching that, the McCanns must have Carter ruck on speed dial. affraid

Sorry Poppy, I'd prefer not to have that word in full.
Poppy
Poppy

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppy Tue 18 Nov 2014, 11:10 pm

Poppy wrote:I don't normally swear, but F***ing hell after watching that, the McCanns must have Carter ruck on speed dial. affraid

Sorry Poppy, I'd prefer not to have that word in full.

Sorry, like I said I don't normally swear.
Poppy
Poppy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 19 Nov 2014, 1:01 am

In the video there were two shots of the family. One shot shows Gerry with Amelie and Gerry is looking into the camera with what I would call a smirk.
In a later shot it shows Gerry and Kate in view and she is holding Sean and cuddlecat....Anyone know where that pic is and when it was taken ?
He also has the sunglasses raised to his hair in the family pic.
Ive searched on Google but cant find it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Fiat500 Wed 19 Nov 2014, 2:01 am

candyfloss wrote:
Emerald wrote:Im not sure if I am watching the same documentary as everyone else but I think it is one of the most damning documentaries I have seen. It mentions government involvement, Clarence Mitchell, shows the smiling church photo, stresses how much they used the media, quotes GM saying he was "marketing Madeline", lists specific areas that had "corpse odour", highlights their love of sueing newspapers, a shot of GA's book..i could go on!

Sure it has the usual sympathisers but it is underpinned by suspicion and a media bracing themselves for a backlash imo.

It was rather reminding the public of a lot of things Madelaine Mccann: A Global Obsession - Channel 5 Tue 19:00 18 Nov - Page 3 303636

I agree.

It certainly made me wonder what debates have gone on over the years in the privacy of the Frizell/Phillips home.

I too had never heard of Daniel Entwhistle.
Fiat500
Fiat500

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Wed 19 Nov 2014, 3:09 am

ChillyHeat wrote:In the video there were two shots of the family. One shot shows Gerry with Amelie and Gerry is looking into the camera with what I would call a smirk.
In a later shot it shows Gerry and Kate in view and she is holding Sean and cuddlecat....Anyone know where that pic is and when it was taken ?

I got two screenshots (I really need to sleep)

Madelaine Mccann: A Global Obsession - Channel 5 Tue 19:00 18 Nov - Page 3 Oaib
Madelaine Mccann: A Global Obsession - Channel 5 Tue 19:00 18 Nov - Page 3 Saib

Interesting that both Gerry and Amelie have the same outfits on together as in the LP. I wonder the date too.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Wed 19 Nov 2014, 5:58 am

After a quick look I found this Chillyheat. Will look for the date later. Interesting point about the clothes. And the sunglasses look similar to LP ones but different from Huelva ones.

Madelaine Mccann: A Global Obsession - Channel 5 Tue 19:00 18 Nov - Page 3 Images13

I have found a reference to it being on MBM`s birthday but then they must have changed clothes for the church visit.
chirpyinsect
chirpyinsect

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 19 Nov 2014, 8:19 am

TheTruthWillOut wrote:
ChillyHeat wrote:In the video there were two shots of the family. One shot shows Gerry with Amelie and Gerry is looking into the camera with what I would call a smirk.

Interesting that both Gerry and Amelie have the same outfits on together as in the LP. I wonder the date too.

IMO the sunglasses are the same as in the LP - the arm is broad at the temple end, and is as wide as the height of the lens frame.

Re: the outfits, they appear to be the same however in the LP, Amelie's top is orange, with pink trim, and a little flower in the middle of her chest. In the above photo, Amelie's top is pink, with an orange flower to the left of her middle, and another little flower design closer to the middle. I wonder if she had two identical tops, one orange with pink trim, one pink with orange trim.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 19 Nov 2014, 8:33 am

TheTruthWillOut wrote:

My thoughts also....

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Wed 19 Nov 2014, 8:38 am

canada12 wrote:
Re: the outfits, they appear to be the same however in the LP, Amelie's top is orange, with pink trim, and a little flower in the middle of her chest. In the above photo, Amelie's top is pink, with an orange flower to the left of her middle, and another little flower design closer to the middle. I wonder if she had two identical tops, one orange with pink trim, one pink with orange trim.

Maybe the colours of the two girls' outfits had been adjusted in the last photo.

A pretty blonde dressed in pink is a good marketing ploy.

Madeleine was wearing a peach coloured top according to her mother, while we know her sister has an identical t shirt to the one in the last photo but in pink.

Of course this is just speculation. It's equally likely that Amelie's t shirts were bought in a twin pack with the colours inverted.

Back to top Go down

Post  Chop Suey on Toast Wed 19 Nov 2014, 8:56 am

Congratulations to CH and TTWO for two brilliant posts
Chop Suey on Toast
Chop Suey on Toast

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 19 Nov 2014, 9:04 am

Poe wrote:
canada12 wrote:

Maybe the colours of the two girls' outfits had been adjusted in the last photo.

A pretty blonde dressed in pink is a good marketing ploy.  

Madeleine was wearing a peach coloured top according to her mother, while we know her sister has an identical t shirt to the one in the last photo but in pink.

Of course this is just speculation. It's equally likely that Amelie's t shirts were bought in a twin pack with the colours inverted.

I've wondered that as well, Poe. It's so easy to switch colours in Photoshop. I can see a lot of press photos with Amelie wearing a pink top identical to the orange one in LP. I can see a few press photos with Amelie wearing an orange top identical to the orange one in LP, except that it's a much smaller size and fits more tightly. The pink top is a looser fit and a larger size. So you may be right - in the original LP images, Amelie may have been wearing a pink top, and Madeleine a peach coloured top. Why, I have to wonder, would Kate write that Madeleine's top was peach coloured, knowing that the LP shows her in pink? Was it a mistake on her part? Or an acknowledgement that the LP is photoshopped? Or was that particular top not made in a pink colour, only peach, and she knew it?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 19 Nov 2014, 9:08 am

Chop Suey on Toast wrote:Congratulations to CH and TTWO for two brilliant posts

Im useless at dot joining...I admit it Embarassed
But I have a good eye and a good gut Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 19 Nov 2014, 10:14 am

What some people would say was peach, others would call the same shade pink. I don't think it's that big a deal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 19 Nov 2014, 10:24 am

I recorded this and watched it late last night.

scratch

I found it a bit hit and miss. There were a few positives certainly to be taken from it as others have pointed out..

The nice reminder of the dogs alerting to cadaver and blood associated only to the Mccanns.
The nice reminder of G.A's book 'The Truth Of The Lie'.

It was clearly made some time ago (before the 7th anniversary).

To me it looked like a TM programme in the making with lots of spin etc. Something similar intended with and to coincide with the Summers and Swan book maybe? Which was a dud. So it was changed.

Again to me it looked like it had been edited to show and include other information which normally the TM machine would not allow. The dogs and G.A's book would never be allowed an airing normally.

With recent developments then maybe there was a subtle change in the direction of it.

Testing the boundaries on what they can broadcast. Well it's been commissioned and aired so allowed.

I think for the general masses who don't know much about the Mccanns then it was a good watch and would of planted some more 'seeds of doubt'.

Different for us lot who know much more about it obviously.

So all in all - lots of usual guff with some optimism and positiveness mixed in as well.

Could of been worse. A lot worse.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 19 Nov 2014, 10:26 am

ETA - sorry folks I'm playing catch up here so noticed the topic has moved on now.

Just wanted to give my 2 cents worth regarding the TV show.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Justformaddiemccann Wed 19 Nov 2014, 10:43 am

Watching KM walk down the aisle of the church has shook me abit, she looked terrified, off what exactly, I don't know.
IMO

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 19 Nov 2014, 10:58 am

Justformaddiemccann wrote:Watching KM walk down the aisle of the church has shook me abit, she looked terrified, off what exactly, I don't know.
IMO

Yes, I have never seen that footage before. Ever.

FRIGHTENED and GRIEVED I thought.

Frightened that she has done something awful and Grieved that it could never be undone.

Emotionally she looked like a mother who knew her daughter was dead.

That's the only time I have seen her look like that.

IMO.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Justformaddiemccann Wed 19 Nov 2014, 11:16 am

Andrew wrote:
Justformaddiemccann wrote:Watching KM walk down the aisle of the church has shook me abit, she looked terrified, off what exactly, I don't know.
IMO

Yes, I have never seen that footage before. Ever.

FRIGHTENED and GRIEVED I thought.

Frightened that she has done something awful and Grieved that it could never be undone.

Emotionally she looked like a mother who knew her daughter was dead.

That's the only time I have seen her look like that.

IMO.

Oppps JFMM from here

Totally agree. If it was me (although I've never left my children alone) I would be distraught. Strange that she was told not to cry, don't think I could hold back tears whilst appealing for the safe return for my child. They were told by police not to mention the coloboma, but they did, didn't they? Even putting Madeleine at risk of further harm. If they done that, then why hold back tears?
IMO

Last edited by Justformaddiemccann on Wed 19 Nov 2014, 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 19 Nov 2014, 11:39 am

Probably worth sticking that on the other thread CF..
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 19 Nov 2014, 11:44 am

Ooops thanks, Andrew, will move. Embarassed

Madelaine Mccann: A Global Obsession - Channel 5 Tue 19:00 18 Nov - Page 3 20ztic6  
 Madelaine Mccann: A Global Obsession - Channel 5 Tue 19:00 18 Nov - Page 3 Lines-animals-539529  

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next