Madeleine – Two British expats set to be declared suspects

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Madeleine – Two British expats set to be declared suspects

Post  candyfloss on Fri 14 Nov 2014, 9:19 am

Madeleine – Two British expats set to be declared suspects


by Brendan de Beer,  · 13-11-2014 17:56:00    

Sources close to the investigation involving the search for missing British toddler Madeleine McCann have this week told The Portugal News two British expats are set to be declared formal suspects or arguidos. Another two Britons will be called in as witnesses.


Dates for questioning have been confirmed as being from November 24 to 28 at the PJ police headquarters in Faro.
Sources said the questioning of suspects was unlikely to stretch beyond this period.
The Portugal News revealed last week (6 November) that the Metropolitan Police were keen to speak to a number of British expats in the Algarve.
Any new requests will have to come in the form of a new international letter of request.
Sources said there are 11 people of interest, of which seven will be declared arguidos, and four will be heard as witnesses.
There are two Britons in each of these groups.
The two British witnesses are a couple (a man and a woman), but the two British suspects are said to be not related in any way and are both men.
The seven suspects do not include any of the four arguidos, all of whom are Portuguese nationals, questioned over the summer.
The Brits were all resident in Portugal at the time of Madeleine’s disappearance and have remained here since, sources said.
The theory that Madeleine was abducted by someone passing through, remains a scenario which Portuguese police continue to believe to be among the most probable.
Portuguese police had earlier this summer ruled out Cape Verdean national Euclides Monteiro, who died in 2009, of any involvement in Madeleine’s disappearance.
Police sources confirmed that Monteiro had been the primary reason behind the case’s reopening here in Portugal last October, but subsequent
investigations removed any suspicion over Monteiro.
The news of the exact dates for the questioning of new
suspects comes after the new Public Prosecutor in Portimão, Inês Sequeira, gave the green light to a fifth international Letter of Request received from British authorities
in August.
Police sources here meanwhile said that they had not yet received an official request from Scotland Yard to sit in on interrogations, but said this feature of the investigation was a mere formality.
British girl Madeleine McCann went missing from
an apartment in the Ocean Club resort, Praia da Luz in May 2007, then aged three, sparking an unprecedented
international hunt which has lost little impetus in the more than seven years since her
disappearance.

http://www.theportugalnews.com/news/madeleine-two-british-expats-set-to-be-declared-suspects/33200

_________________
  
 

  


Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
avatar
candyfloss
Admin

Posts : 10865
Join date : 2014-08-18
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine – Two British expats set to be declared suspects

Post  chirpyinsect on Fri 14 Nov 2014, 9:44 am

@Candyfloss snipped from your post.
The theory that Madeleine was abducted by someone passing through, remains a scenario which Portuguese police continue to believe to be among the most probable.

Since when?
avatar
chirpyinsect

Posts : 4635
Join date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine – Two British expats set to be declared suspects

Post  Guest on Fri 14 Nov 2014, 10:14 am

chirpyinsect wrote:@Candyfloss snipped from your post.
The theory that Madeleine was abducted by someone passing through, remains a scenario which Portuguese police continue to believe to be among the most probable.

Since when?

Didn't think the PJ were giving a running commentary.

Sources close to the investigation involving the search for missing British toddler Madeleine McCann have this week told The Portugal News two British expats are set to be declared formal suspects or arguidos. Another two Britons will be called in as witnesses.

Mitchell writing from Portugal now,or a compatriot.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine – Two British expats set to be declared suspects

Post  chilli on Fri 14 Nov 2014, 10:30 am

Robert Murat and his mother? I don't see anything significant if it is though. OG would always have to interview them at some point.
avatar
chilli

Posts : 199
Join date : 2014-08-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine – Two British expats set to be declared suspects

Post  hicks on Fri 14 Nov 2014, 12:15 pm

'The two British witnesses are a couple (man and woman)'.

Just a thought, could it be the middle aged couple who were seen going into the McCann's apartment on the 2nd May to 'soothe' a crying child?

Scotland Yard were apparently looking for this couple, maybe they have found them.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/400796/Mystery-couple-seen-going-into-McCanns-flat-on-night-before-sobbing-Madeleine-disappeared.
avatar
hicks

Posts : 142
Join date : 2014-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine – Two British expats set to be declared suspects

Post  Andrew on Fri 14 Nov 2014, 12:18 pm

From the very first sentence...

"Sources close to the investigation...."

I would like to know who these sources are for starters.....

PJ wont give commentary.
SY wont give commentary.

Who is then..?
avatar
Andrew

Posts : 13085
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine – Two British expats set to be declared suspects

Post  Guest on Fri 14 Nov 2014, 12:32 pm

hicks wrote:'The two British witnesses are a couple (man and woman)'.

Just a thought, could it be the middle aged couple who were seen going into the McCann's apartment on the 2nd May to 'soothe' a crying child?

Scotland Yard were apparently looking for this couple, maybe they have found them.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/400796/Mystery-couple-seen-going-into-McCanns-flat-on-night-before-sobbing-Madeleine-disappeared.

That link says page not available,as it been whoosed?

Page Missing Mystery!

Well, we tried. We really did try. But we just cannot find the page that you were looking for. It’s a real shame but we hope you decide to look at a different page on the Express while we try to figure out where it’s got to. You could always use the search box at the top of the site and try again. Or maybe you’d like to see something from these sections instead?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine – Two British expats set to be declared suspects

Post  hicks on Fri 14 Nov 2014, 12:40 pm

caricature wrote:
hicks wrote:'The two British witnesses are a couple (man and woman)'.

Just a thought, could it be the middle aged couple who were seen going into the McCann's apartment on the 2nd May to 'soothe' a crying child?

Scotland Yard were apparently looking for this couple, maybe they have found them.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/400796/Mystery-couple-seen-going-into-McCanns-flat-on-night-before-sobbing-Madeleine-disappeared.

That link says page not available,as it been whoosed?

Page Missing Mystery!

Well, we tried. We really did try. But we just cannot find the page that you were looking for. It’s a real shame but we hope you decide to look at a different page on the Express while we try to figure out where it’s got to. You could always use the search box at the top of the site and try again. Or maybe you’d like to see something from these sections instead?


How weird. Bit of sarcasm there from the Express?

OK..how about this one...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2326977/Did-Madeleine-McCann-abductor-stay-resort-Investigators-probe-new-leads-amid-claims-couple-soothed-crying-year-old-disappeared.html.

Or this one..

http://www.examiner.com/article/do-maddie-mccann-s-parents-know-so-called-mystery-couple.
avatar
hicks

Posts : 142
Join date : 2014-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine – Two British expats set to be declared suspects

Post  Guest on Fri 14 Nov 2014, 12:41 pm

They say some of the suspects have criminal pasts....
Mathew Fazackerley ???

http://rosaleen-thewhistler.blogspot.co.uk/2009/08/sergei-malinka-robert-murat-and-mathew.html

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine – Two British expats set to be declared suspects

Post  Guest on Fri 14 Nov 2014, 1:36 pm

Maybe the important bit of this is "British couple" and the rest is spin.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine – Two British expats set to be declared suspects

Post  Tristar on Sat 15 Nov 2014, 9:08 am



I have time for Jenny Murat - she was a nurse all of her working life - as far as I know.

Nursing is not a profession one enters into for money or glory - that's left to doctors and lawyers

It's a calling to be respected.

But I never quite worked out her little stall by the seafront - inviting anonymous information about the disappearance of Madeleine.

Must have hacked off the PJ no end.

Who would do such a thing and why?
avatar
Tristar

Posts : 302
Join date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine – Two British expats set to be declared suspects

Post  Scrants on Sat 15 Nov 2014, 10:42 am

Deleted.  We should NOT be speculating.  How would it be if our names were put up as suspects.  It is not right imo.
avatar
Scrants

Posts : 108
Join date : 2014-09-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine – Two British expats set to be declared suspects

Post  Tristar on Sat 15 Nov 2014, 11:06 am

Scrants wrote:Deleted.  We should NOT be speculating.  How would it be if our names were put up as suspects.  It is not right imo.

Confused - we are a talking shop -we speculate - that's what we do - isn't it?

libel is a different matter altogether

I saw nothing libellous in Scrant's post - these people are adults and their names have been in the public domain for ages.

What gives?
avatar
Tristar

Posts : 302
Join date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine – Two British expats set to be declared suspects

Post  Scrants on Sat 15 Nov 2014, 11:10 am

Scrants wrote:Deleted.  We should NOT be speculating.  How would it be if our names were put up as suspects.  It is not right imo.

Sorry!  However, I would point out that the ex-pat couple are being interviewed as witnesses not suspects and their names have been connected with the case since 2007.
avatar
Scrants

Posts : 108
Join date : 2014-09-07

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine – Two British expats set to be declared suspects

Post  Freedom on Sat 15 Nov 2014, 11:10 am

Regarding Jenny Murat's stall, maybe she felt that, as an English speaker, any tourists with information might prefer to see her.

Perhaps the local police were in agreement, bearing in mind that her son was a translator for them?
avatar
Freedom
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 14476
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 102
Location : The nearest darkened room

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine – Two British expats set to be declared suspects

Post  candyfloss on Sat 15 Nov 2014, 11:15 am

Scrants wrote:
Scrants wrote:Deleted.  We should NOT be speculating.  How would it be if our names were put up as suspects.  It is not right imo.

Sorry!  However, I would point out that the ex-pat couple are being interviewed as witnesses not suspects and their names have been connected with the case since 2007.

No problem Scrants, I am trying to be careful and within the law.  The title of the thread does say suspects and then putting names on this thread sort of links it, we do not want speculation which is accusing, so I decided to be safe.  Hope that explains things.

_________________
  
 

  


Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
avatar
candyfloss
Admin

Posts : 10865
Join date : 2014-08-18
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine – Two British expats set to be declared suspects

Post  Tristar on Sat 15 Nov 2014, 11:24 am

Freedom wrote:Regarding Jenny Murat's stall, maybe she felt that, as an English speaker, any tourists with information might prefer to see her.

Perhaps the local police were in agreement, bearing in mind that her son was a translator for them?

no
avatar
Tristar

Posts : 302
Join date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine – Two British expats set to be declared suspects

Post  Freedom on Sat 15 Nov 2014, 11:25 am

How do you know that, Tristar?

I have no idea whether the police approved or not, I just thought it was a possibility.
avatar
Freedom
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 14476
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 102
Location : The nearest darkened room

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine – Two British expats set to be declared suspects

Post  Tristar on Sat 15 Nov 2014, 11:33 am

Freedom wrote:How do you know that, Tristar?

I have no idea whether the police approved or not, I just thought it was a possibility.

I never said I know anything Freedom

I'm just as blind flying this plane as you are

Jenny parked her van and stall at the seafront

She asked strangers to part with information they would not give to the police

That in itself is odd behaviour

Please enlighten me as to why Jenny did this.
avatar
Tristar

Posts : 302
Join date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine – Two British expats set to be declared suspects

Post  candyfloss on Sat 15 Nov 2014, 11:40 am

Tristar wrote:
Freedom wrote:How do you know that, Tristar?

I have no idea whether the police approved or not, I just thought it was a possibility.

I never said I know anything Freedom

I'm just as blind flying this plane as you are

Jenny parked her van and stall at the seafront

She asked strangers to part with information they would not give to the police

That in itself is odd behaviour

Please enlighten me as to why Jenny did this.

Then if you know nothing why just answer with a 'no' - so why should Freedom enlighten you?  Let's please keep this discussion friendly thanks.

_________________
  
 

  


Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
avatar
candyfloss
Admin

Posts : 10865
Join date : 2014-08-18
Age : 65

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine – Two British expats set to be declared suspects

Post  Tristar on Sat 15 Nov 2014, 11:51 am

candyfloss wrote:
Tristar wrote:
Freedom wrote:How do you know that, Tristar?

I have no idea whether the police approved or not, I just thought it was a possibility.

I never said I know anything Freedom

I'm just as blind flying this plane as you are

Jenny parked her van and stall at the seafront

She asked strangers to part with information they would not give to the police

That in itself is odd behaviour

Please enlighten me as to why Jenny did this.

Then if you know nothing why just answer with a 'no' - so why should Freedom enlighten you?  Let's please keep this discussion friendly thanks.

sometimes a 'no' suffices

I guess if you want this forum to be all diverse and all inclusive and generally 'cuddly'

we should talk about knitting or slow cooking - and no one will be offended
avatar
Tristar

Posts : 302
Join date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine – Two British expats set to be declared suspects

Post  Freedom on Sat 15 Nov 2014, 12:00 pm

Knitting needles can be dangerous when tempers get heated!

I don't really understand the point you're making, Tristar.

Nobody can say what Jenny Murat's motivation was.
avatar
Freedom
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 14476
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 102
Location : The nearest darkened room

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine – Two British expats set to be declared suspects

Post  Tristar on Sat 15 Nov 2014, 12:02 pm

Freedom wrote:Knitting needles can be dangerous when tempers get heated!

I don't really understand the point you're making, Tristar.

Nobody can say what Jenny Murat's motivation was.

in short: what happened to Madeleine?

all else is fluff
avatar
Tristar

Posts : 302
Join date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine – Two British expats set to be declared suspects

Post  Guest on Sat 15 Nov 2014, 1:39 pm

Maybe, just like her son, Jenny Murat just wanted to help in any way she could, there isn't necessarily any nefarious reason behind it. But I don't think any of us can say with any certainty what is the truth and what is not.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Madeleine – Two British expats set to be declared suspects

Post  Tristar on Sat 15 Nov 2014, 6:30 pm

A child goes missing 100 yards from your own front door.

You set up a stall with posters of said child to invite anonymous information?

Would you, would you really?

What are the motivational factors at work here

- considering your own son ends up as an arguido in the case.
avatar
Tristar

Posts : 302
Join date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum