Matt Oldfield and his checks

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  Châtelaine on Fri 30 Jun 2017, 3:32 pm

Those are difficult questions, I have been asking myself for almost 10 years now, and am hesitant to reply on-line. There's something rotten in the State of Denmark ...
avatar
Châtelaine

Posts : 2380
Join date : 2014-08-27
Location : France

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  What's_up_doc? on Fri 30 Jun 2017, 3:32 pm

Good question Ferrino. I think it's action stations, that's my opinion. JT and RoB had a baby monitor which they said their daughter would communicate with them through, so the whole scenario looks staged to me.

_________________
Do not despair - just fight harder Kathleen Zellner
avatar
What's_up_doc?

Posts : 933
Join date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  Châtelaine on Fri 30 Jun 2017, 3:47 pm

Shall we say, the whole evening was staged?

KM accepting MO to check on her children, whereas he actually didn't know them well. Imagine him going into the apartment, they wake up and start crying and cannot be comforted by someone they don't know.
He'd have to rush back to Tapas to get GM or KM to get them quiet again. What a waste of time that would have been. On top, MO describes the apartment with the wrong colour of curtains, the wrong shape of table and with a non-existing book-shelf ... I know, this isn't new, but it should be reminded from time to time.
ETA, of course there was no danger for the children waking up and be frightened by a "stranger".
Madeleine was already "gone" and the twins were heavily sedated. IMO, of course.
avatar
Châtelaine

Posts : 2380
Join date : 2014-08-27
Location : France

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  Heisenburg on Fri 30 Jun 2017, 3:52 pm

Châtelaine wrote:Shall we say, the whole evening was staged?

KM accepting MO to check on her children, whereas he actually didn't know them well. Imagine him going into the apartment, they wake up and start crying and cannot be comforted by someone they don't know.
He'd have to rush back to Tapas to get GM or KM to get them quiet again. What a waste of time that would have been. On top, MO describes the apartment with the wrong colour of curtains, the wrong shape of table and with a non-existing book-shelf ... I know, this isn't new, but it should be reminded from time to time.
ETA, of course there was no danger for the children waking up and be frightened by a "stranger".
Madeleine was already "gone" and the twins were heavily sedated. IMO, of course.

MO checked but didn't,
avatar
Heisenburg

Posts : 1284
Join date : 2016-01-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  Freedom on Fri 30 Jun 2017, 3:53 pm

Have you omitted the words "see Madeleine", Heisenburg?
avatar
Freedom
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 13940
Join date : 2014-08-17
Age : 102
Location : The nearest darkened room

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  Ferrino on Fri 30 Jun 2017, 3:55 pm

@Châtelaine Let's hope Heaven will direct it...I know how you feel about not wanting to say certain things in this case.

@What's_up_doc? They made a point of saying their monitor 'didn't reach', and even described waving it above their heads. When people tell lies they tend to elaborate and add unnecessary details..

The whole thing makes little sense when you consider that Gerry claims they checked every thirty minutes on previous nights. Why, if it was so regimented before, is there this muddle of musical chairs on the 3rd?

I sometimes wonder if Matt was perhaps not in the loop until his check, at which point he became implicated. I don't have any particular reason for thinking this, it's just my feeling that Matt was duped and everyone was mentioning his case in England as a way to affect him and keep him quiet. He may have known there was an incident with Maddie, but not that she expired/was gone. Matt is no longer with Rachael, though he has some Tapas on FB.
avatar
Ferrino

Posts : 36
Join date : 2017-06-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  Heisenburg on Fri 30 Jun 2017, 4:00 pm

Freedom wrote:Have you omitted the words "see Madeleine", Heisenburg?

Yes and no.
avatar
Heisenburg

Posts : 1284
Join date : 2016-01-11

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  What's_up_doc? on Fri 30 Jun 2017, 5:00 pm

Well we are in agreement about Matt possibly not being in the loop Ferrino, I tend to think he was duped because KM stood up at the same time as Matt and Russell, which I think was deliberately timed because she didn't want to go and I think good manners would have been enough for Matt to offer as he was only going next door. Maybe he was meant to discover Madeleine had gone but things didn't go to plan. I would like to see the seating plan to see if KM was close to MO. I thought the monitor only just reached? I'm a bit rusty so might be wrong on that!

_________________
Do not despair - just fight harder Kathleen Zellner
avatar
What's_up_doc?

Posts : 933
Join date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  Ferrino on Fri 30 Jun 2017, 5:27 pm

Yes, when you look at it, Matt and Rachael are the only ones on the night who are genuinely checking every 30 minutes. Though, in his May 10th he (Matt) says that they checked every 15 minutes. Between 21:30 and 22:00 noone is checking, only Russell is away until he tags out with Jane. It seems obvious to me that Matt was given a timeline and it doesn't work.

' 00.46.17 4078 'Was it during those sort of times where you got to know Gerry and Kate a little bit more''

Reply 'Predominantly those, because that's when we saw them most, I mean, it'd be sort of a good hour. And the awful thing was that Madeleine always used to say 'Oh come on be a monster, be a monster, chase me' and, you know, and you think, you know, there really are, you know, it was all pretend at that point, but of course, erm, not as it turned out that, you know, the fact that she said that was, erm. But, you know, it was all, you know, fun, the children running round and then they'd all jump on Dave or jump on Gerry, it was all, you know, they got on great, there was a sort of good range of ages so they had enough people to play with, yeah, it was great, they loved it, running around'.'

Matthew is one of the few who seems to be genuinely remembering warm memories of a child. Much more genuine than David Payne's offering and Kate's 'shes lovely'.
avatar
Ferrino

Posts : 36
Join date : 2017-06-29

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  chirpyinsect on Fri 30 Jun 2017, 5:40 pm

What's_up_doc? wrote:Well we are in agreement about Matt possibly not being in the loop Ferrino, I tend to think he was duped because KM stood up at the same time as Matt and Russell, which I think was deliberately timed because she didn't want to go and I think good manners would have been enough for Matt to offer as he was only going next door. Maybe he was meant to discover Madeleine had gone but things didn't go to plan. I would like to see the seating plan to see if KM was close to MO. I thought the monitor only just reached? I'm a bit rusty so might be wrong on that!

In my opinion the whole shamozzle on "the night" is fabricated so I would take Kate standing up at the same time as set dressing. They had to come up with a reason why Kate didn't go at 9.30. Maybe the earlier alarm is being glossed over here.
This bit is my interpretation of how it could have gone.

The timing was set for 9.30 and Kate actually did her "check" but there was a problem so the whole thing had to be reset.
We forget that the only people saying MO offered to check at 9.30 are TM. So they came up with slotting Matt in there who had nothing bad to report which was to help any claims that Kate actually raised an alarm at 9.30. Invented to look like she couldn't have because it was Matt who went.


Last edited by chirpyinsect on Fri 30 Jun 2017, 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : for my dreadful typos)

_________________
Everything I write is my own opinion. Nothing stated as fact.
avatar
chirpyinsect

Posts : 4607
Join date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  What's_up_doc? on Fri 30 Jun 2017, 5:48 pm

Ferrino wrote: "Matthew is one of the few who seems to be genuinely remembering warm memories of a child. Much more genuine than David Payne's offering and Kate's 'shes lovely."




That's a very thoughtful observation Ferrino. I have only read the statements and haven't watched the recordings but MO stood out for me as giving a more sensitive account. David Payne is too vanilla and Fiona Payne sounds bored by the whole process, which struck me as particularly callous. Matt seems far more sympathetic as a character, IMO.


Last edited by What's_up_doc? on Fri 30 Jun 2017, 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : font sizes irregular)

_________________
Do not despair - just fight harder Kathleen Zellner
avatar
What's_up_doc?

Posts : 933
Join date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Matt Oldfield and his checks

Post  Helenmeg on Fri 30 Jun 2017, 8:43 pm

Yes - it makes me remember that photo of MATT when he stands behind Kate with his hands on her shoulders (from behind)
avatar
Helenmeg

Posts : 642
Join date : 2014-11-11

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum