MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twitter news

+45
Dee Coy
Heisenburg
froggy
rosebuddy
Bampots
niklasericson
Helenmeg
Guinea Pig
Tangled Web
Rosa canina
joyce1938
espeland
LeoMcSick
Mimi
Benevolent
chirpyinsect
unreorganised
AndyB
bluebell
costello
Hope
Satsuma
pennylane
Walt
Burst
Magnum
PMR
myositis
kylie
Mo
Admin
Bubblewrapped
Inca
TheTruthWillOut
PeterMac
chrissie
Châtelaine
Poe
dogs don't lie
End
Thetruth
paracetamol
Poppy
hesla
Andrew
49 posters

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Twitter news - Page 22 Empty Re: Twitter news

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sun 13 May 2018, 9:32 am

candyfloss wrote:Perhaps they are doing it the old way and had to remove the site whilst they get an erasor/rubber and rub the sketch of Tannerman away Smile

I could believe that if Kate was running the site single handed. Wink  Of course we all know she has a crack team running it 24/7 and couldn't possibly make such a schoolboy error.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sun 13 May 2018, 11:54 am

In my boredom of awaiting further news about the account suspension I thought I'd have quick dig into the find Madeleine website and did a whois lookup.

Now the registered address seems to come up as only a P.O Box probably in one of the Rothley or Anstey branches. I'm sure this info was found out years ago.

What I found funny this morning though, was when searching for the given postcode (which doesn't exist on the Royal Mail system) in the whois on Google maps it placed the location next to the Anstey post office but if you swing the streetview camera round it shows a street opposite with a name that'll make you look twice!

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.6721666,-1.187919,3a,86.8y,315.96h,63.23t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sby3v-D2mhfkiAoD73LR-2Q!2e0!6s%2F%2Fgeo2.ggpht.com%2Fcbk%3Fpanoid%3Dby3v-D2mhfkiAoD73LR-2Q%26output%3Dthumbnail%26cb_client%3Dmaps_sv.tactile.gps%26thumb%3D2%26w%3D203%26h%3D100%26yaw%3D305.84308%26pitch%3D0%26thumbfov%3D100!7i13312!8i6656

Sorry for the off topic but couldn't resist. lol!
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 13 May 2018, 12:08 pm

All I can see is what looks like an alley way. There is a name plate but it's impossible to read what it says.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Sun 13 May 2018, 12:18 pm

Freedom wrote:All I can see is what looks like an alley way. There is a name plate but it's impossible to read what it says.

Tannery Terrace.

Although I was expecting Smithman Walk. Or perhaps Unmistakable Gate.
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee T G Sun 13 May 2018, 12:18 pm

TANNERY TERRACE
Lee T G
Lee T G

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sun 13 May 2018, 12:19 pm

Freedom wrote:All I can see is what looks like an alley way. There is a name plate but it's impossible to read what it says.

You can zoom in with the mouse scroll wheel!

Spoiler:
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sun 13 May 2018, 12:19 pm

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 24 Jun 2018, 11:57 am

This tweet really did make me spit my coffee out

Andrea maria preston‏ @Andreamariapre2 · 17m17 minutes ago  

Replying to @CaroleShooter @Caesar2207 @comeonengland18

Gurney reckons the carpenter who built the wardrobe may have lost part of his finger so it is buried underneath and that is what the dog is alerting to. She claims Amaral should have dismantled the wardrobe #McCann

Twitter news - Page 22 Th?id=OGC.59e607e56b7cee7c0360ce59bfbba437&pid=1.7&rurl=http%3a%2f%2fimg.photobucket.com%2falbums%2fv154%2fAliide%2fEmoticons%2fEmoticonCoffeeSpit

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 24 Jun 2018, 12:03 pm

Oh bless her, as my mother used to say - meaning the opposite! 

cheers
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Tangled Web Sun 24 Jun 2018, 1:09 pm

candyfloss wrote:This tweet really did make me spit my coffee out

Gurney reckons the carpenter who built the wardrobe may have lost part of his finger so it is buried underneath and that is what the dog is alerting to. She claims Amaral should have dismantled the wardrobe #McCann

Twitter news - Page 22 Th?id=OGC.59e607e56b7cee7c0360ce59bfbba437&pid=1.7&rurl=http%3a%2f%2fimg.photobucket.com%2falbums%2fv154%2fAliide%2fEmoticons%2fEmoticonCoffeeSpit

It wouldn't have the same odour though as a body. It would just smell eventually like off meat not cadaverine.
Tangled Web
Tangled Web

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 Mon 25 Jun 2018, 11:47 pm

I don't think ,the wardrobe was being spoken of ,but the area in that corner would maybe where the air just stayed joyce1938
joyce1938
joyce1938

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Tue 26 Jun 2018, 8:16 am

candyfloss wrote:This tweet really did make me spit my coffee out

The same was said about the blood under the tiles, the tiler cut himself whilst laying them, must not only be the police thats silly in Portugal, workers too Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Tue 26 Jun 2018, 9:59 am

I know the carpenter!

Here's a video of him in action:

Reg Prescott. That explains all the blood.

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Tue 26 Jun 2018, 10:14 am

That has to be him lol.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 17 Aug 2018, 11:31 am

From analysis decetction instructor...…..

Peter Hyatt‏ @PeterFHyatt ·

I’m scheduled for AM Coast to Coast next week to discus Deception Detection including the disappearance of Madeleine McCann.

coasttocoastam.com

I believe this is on 22nd August.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 24 Aug 2018, 12:57 pm

Ben Salmon‏ @Tealtraum · 21h21 hours ago

Not everyone will like this, but here it is. https://h42a.wordpress.com/2018/08/23/an-apology-to-kate-mccann/

… #McCann

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Fri 24 Aug 2018, 2:16 pm

candyfloss wrote:Ben Salmon‏ @Tealtraum · 21h21 hours ago  

Not everyone will like this, but here it is. https://h42a.wordpress.com/2018/08/23/an-apology-to-kate-mccann/

… #McCann

Read it. None the wiser. What is he talking about?
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 24 Aug 2018, 2:19 pm

He seems to be bothered about a troll-like personal comment he made about Kate McCann on Twitter.

Couldn't he just delete it rather than draw attention to it by writing a blog?
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Tangled Web Fri 24 Aug 2018, 6:44 pm

Freedom wrote:He seems to be bothered about a troll-like personal comment he made about Kate McCann on Twitter.

He is being very clever imo. Drawing attention to what he is saying in this blog entry.
Tangled Web
Tangled Web

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Sat 25 Aug 2018, 2:51 pm

Tangled Web wrote:
Freedom wrote:He seems to be bothered about a troll-like personal comment he made about Kate McCann on Twitter.

He is being very clever imo. Drawing attention to what he is saying in this blog entry.

'Occulted' - interesting use of verb.

Didn't one of the waiters or staff working at the Ocean Club refer to some kind of supernatural or occult aspect to the case?

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/occult
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sun 26 Aug 2018, 10:42 am

Anyone know what the tweet said? I'm not on twitter.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 16 Sep 2018, 8:11 pm

SadeElisha‏ @SadeElisha86 · 22m22 minutes ago

Gerry #McCann to be on radio 4 talking about himself

https://bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2018/radio-4-presents-pearl-two-fathers-two-daughters-with-gerry-mccann

Twitter news - Page 22 DnPKC8WX4AAXlBI

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sun 16 Sep 2018, 9:16 pm

This programme will be on Sat 29th Sept. 2018 - 2.3o - 3.00pm

Radio 4 presents Pearl: Two Fathers, Two Daughters, featuring a rare interview with Gerry McCann

Date: 12.09.2018 Last updated: 12.09.2018 at 16.24

Category: Radio 4; Radio; Commissioning; Casting

A programme weaving together two voices of grief - one from 600 years ago and one of the present day, in Gerry McCann - comes to Radio 4 this September, in a reflection on loss and consolation.

Alongside this in-depth interview given by McCann, Simon Armitage (pictured), one of the country’s premiere poets, has dramatised Pearl - a medieval poem recounting a father’s grief from the loss of his daughter. The poem will be performed by Iain Glen (Game Of Thrones) and Grace Doherty (Casualty) and intercut with McCann’s interview.

The medieval poem is combined with unprecedented insight into the life of Madeleine’s father.

Gerry McCann’s daughter Madeleine disappeared from an Algarve holiday apartment in May 2007. In an honest, personal and sometimes painful terms, Gerry reflects on the special bond between fathers and daughters, the difficulties men have in articulating sorrow, and his absolute determination to keep looking for Madeleine.

The Middle English poem Pearl sees a father lamenting the loss of his daughter, who returns to him in a dream to help him come to terms with her absence. The anonymous Pearl poet demonstrates that grief for loved ones is the hardest grief of all as he seeks consolation in the idea of heaven and the power of prayer. The original manuscript, now held in the British Library, has been dated to the late 14th century.

Professor of Poetry at Oxford University, the recipient of a Bafta and numerous other awards, Simon Armitage is one of the most respected modern-day literary talents. In addition to poetry, Armitage has written for radio, television and film. In 2010 Armitage wrote a poem titled The Beacon, read at the event marking 1,000 days since Madeleine’s disappearance.

Gerry McCann says: “As a family we'd worked with Simon Armitage before and know what a sensitive, thoughtful writer he is. When I read the Pearl poem, I could see echoes in it with Madeleine's situation and our loss. I decided it was a good opportunity to say something about the special bond between fathers and daughters, thinking that speaking openly might help other men in similar positions. It feels like the right time.”

Simon Armitage says: “Pearl is one of the most moving poems in the language, written by a man grieving over the loss of his young daughter. While translating it into modern English I kept thinking of the McCann family and their daughter Madeleine. I’d written a poem for the family to mark the one thousandth day of her disappearance, spending some time with Kate and talking to her about life without Madeleine and the campaign to find her.

"Gerry’s voice hasn’t been heard as much, and after reading the poem he agreed to give an extended interview, to tell his side of the story in terms of how men deal with loss and grief in a world where they’re usually expected to stay strong and silent. I knew that religion plays an important part in the McCann’s family life, as it does for the author of Pearl, who seeks consolation through his faith.”

TX details:

Pearl: Two Fathers, Two Daughters
Saturday 29 September 2018, 2.30pm - 3pm
Performed by Iain Glen and Grace Doherty
Translated and dramatised by Simon Armitage
Producer: Susan Roberts for BBC Radio 4

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2018/radio-4-presents-pearl-two-fathers-two-daughters-with-gerry-mccann

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Sun 16 Sep 2018, 9:53 pm

https://www.newyorker.com/books/page-turner/the-strange-power-of-a-medieval-poem-about-the-death-of-a-child

link to this brief description.....

In the poem, the narrator visits the spot where a pearl once slipped from his grasp and got lost among “Gilofre, gyngure, & gromylyoune, / & pyonys powdered ay bytwene” (“ginger, gromwell, and gillyflower / with peonies scattered in between”). Swooning into unconsciousness, he comes to in a dream, in a place he has never been before, where cliffs split the sky (“ther klyfez cleven”). Across a river, he sees his pearl again, but now the “perle” is no mere thing—she is a young girl, richly arrayed in an elaborate outfit covered in pearls. Pearl also seems to be her name, or at least it is how the man addresses her: “ ‘O perle,’ quod I . . . ‘Art thou my perle?’ ” In reply, she calls him a jeweller, and he refers to her as a gem (“ ‘Jueler,’ sayde that gemme clene”).

Overcome with joy at finding his lost pearl, and unable fully to understand the complicated things she says to him, the dreamer plunges into the river to swim toward her. He is desperate to “swymme the remnaunt, thagh I ther swalte”—to swim across, or die trying. This angers the ruler of the celestial land, called the Prince: the dreamer does not belong there. He is flung out of his dream as punishment. He wakes up, and the poem ends with a short meditation on the glory of God, and then the words “Amen. Amen

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Sun 16 Sep 2018, 10:37 pm

Simon Armitage is nothing more than a second rate approximation of Hovis Presley.

Now there's a sentence I never expected to type.

unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next