MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The book madeleine, the blogs & the diary

+3
Bagheera
Châtelaine
Admin
7 posters

Go down

The book madeleine, the blogs & the diary Empty The book madeleine, the blogs & the diary

Post  Guest Thu 28 Aug 2014, 7:25 pm

I'm always interested in what Kate says in Madeleine's her book and how things compare to GM's blogs and her "Diary".

In the book she goes to great lengths to describe a blissful invitation, meeting and friendship with Clement Freud. Yet it's not mentioned in her diary or in GM's blog. When you consider the lengths they went to to gushingly describe their trip to the Vatican, the loan of the private jet etc. I find it hard to understand why this visit was omitted. She mentions the visit happened in early July. 

Did they ever meet?
When did it really happen?
Did Clement really wine and dine them?
Who attended?
Was it mentioned as a warning to someone?

Before the book release I can't remember seeing any reference anywhere to the meeting with Clement Freud.

Back to top Go down

The book madeleine, the blogs & the diary Empty Re: The book madeleine, the blogs & the diary

Post  Admin Thu 28 Aug 2014, 7:46 pm

Interesting point Kaya, but I can't remember offhand, when did the blogs actually finish?

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

The book madeleine, the blogs & the diary Empty Re: The book madeleine, the blogs & the diary

Post  Châtelaine Thu 28 Aug 2014, 8:06 pm

The strawberry vodka at Freuds ... ? Yes, that made me wonder. Especially, because there are more Freuds involved.
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 28 Aug 2014, 8:28 pm

Hi Admin, 

the blogs seemed to become less frequent but stopped around the end of Feb 2008 and from then "updates" seemed to have been posted. 

Hi Conviction,

yes, it's hard to think of Clement without wondering about some other family members, especially with the unprecedented help that the couple received. 

IMO of course.

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 28 Aug 2014, 8:31 pm

Thanks for that Kaya, so I wonder why it was not mentioned?

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 28 Aug 2014, 8:43 pm

Given their propensity for name dropping it's hard to understand how they "resisted the urge" to mark the day of the meeting in their respective diaries. They gushed on about everyone/everything else from JK Rowling to haircuts. 

Surely the journos wouldn't resist an opportunity to report on it too?

It just doesn't make any sense to me, I've always wondered when infact they did meet, what they really did that week and who they socialized with.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bagheera Sat 30 Aug 2014, 6:28 am

In 2011 or 2012 Kate's book was entered for some or other prize which was run by a Freud connected publishing house.

Clarence joined a Freud PR firm soon after Kennedy stopped paying him in 2009 I believe.

Freud and PR go back a long way, to New York in the '20s I believe.

So was the visit related to PR?
Bagheera
Bagheera

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 30 Aug 2014, 8:08 am

It's interesting how many links the McCanns had to the media from the beginning.

The UK government initially helped by providing Sheree Dodd and Clarence Mitchell. But were they sent to help or monitor the McCanns?

You're right Bagheera Mitchell subsequently worked for the Freuds and the company is part owned by Murdoch's daughter. 

I can't help feeling that Kate dropped the meeting into her book as some sort of warning.

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sat 27 Jun 2015, 6:40 pm

Someone over the way has posted an interesting coincidence about an aprtment in Luz owned by a couple with a familiar surname. 

The Hubbards...the fridge /freezer was it a myth ?

http://msngroup.aimoo.com/madeleinemccann/mfthreads.msnw-action=get_message&mview=0&ID_Message=118&LastModified=4675659306690836728.htm

http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/portugal/P3159.htm 

http://www.praiadaluzapartment.com/ 

Interestingly enough the name HUBBARD and the link to the ownership of this apartment has been removed but does remain on the advertisment for their apartment...Andrew and Isabel Hubbard...they also mention being owners of a new fridge/freezer....discussion took place at above link. The priest and his wife Susan, are they related to this family Hubbard and if so, did the McCanns move to this apartment before moving  to the villa ?

A 2 bedroom first floor apartment in the West Algarve region of Lagos, in the village of Praia Da Luz, (Beach of Light).

Bringing up the website that advertises the apartment and clicking guest comments also shows another coincidence with names.
In July/Aug people called Payne left a report.
1 coincidence, 2 coincidences......

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Sat 27 Jun 2015, 6:45 pm

Chirpy: your 2nd and 3rd link don't work for me.
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sat 27 Jun 2015, 6:50 pm

Châtelaine wrote:Chirpy: your 2nd and 3rd link don't work for me.
Sorry I copied the Steel Magnolia blog that had thise links contained within 
. Will try to do a screenshot instead.

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sat 27 Jun 2015, 6:54 pm

Description of apartment

The apartment is a delightful, comfortably furnished first floor accommodation with a balcony overlooking one of the five Ocean Club swimming pools and with beautiful views out over the Atlantic Ocean.

The apartment is located in the sought after Club Phase, Luz Ocean Club which includes a 24 hour reception , 5 swimming pools, 5 tennis courts, restaurant and poolside bars. Within walking distance of all the local amenities. The beach is only a short walk away, approx. 5 mins. (500 meters) Ideal for golfers with 4 golf courses within a 15km radius and a further 5 major courses less than 1 hours drive away.

Accomodation and Facilities for the apartment:Property2 Bedroom ApartmentFloor Area92 square metersAccommodation TypeSelf-CateringLocationIn the beautiful village of Praia da Luz, very close to the sea and beachBedroom 1Double bed, bedding cleaned once a week, fresh towels every third day (new beds for 2007)Bedroom 2Twin single beds, bedding cleaned once a week, fresh towels every third day (new beds for 2007)BathroomToilet, bidet, full length bath with overhead and hand showers, wash basin with large mirror and light for make-up/shavingKitchenWashing machine, new fridge freezer, cooker with oven, grill and four rings/hobs, microwave, plenty of cupboard space, complete set of kitchen utensils and cutleryLiving Room2 Sofa beds, Satellite T.V., Mini-Hifi Stereo with CD player, DVD Player, PlayStation Two with some games, sliding doors leading on to the balconyDinning RoomDinning room table and six chairs. A highchair can be arranged at an additional chargeOutsideBalcony with seating for up to six people, car parking to rear of the apartment. Apartment situated in garden area leading to swimming pool and tennis courtsSwimming PoolsCommunal, 1 Heated Indoor, 4 Outdoor, 1 is an adult only swimming poolBedroom NotesThe sofa beds in the living room can accomodate extra sleeping. A cot with linen can be arranged at an additional chargeGeneral NotesThe apartment is professionally cleaned. All linen and towels are provided (except for beach towels). A maid cleans 3 times a week. Towels and tea-towels are changed every 3 days, linen once a week. The apartment has an iron, ironing board and a hair dryer. A small safe has been fitted for your passports and valuables.

Note mention of new fridge freezer.

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sat 27 Jun 2015, 6:59 pm

Dougd has kindly posted the relevant paragraphs.

Contact Us
To find out more about the apartment or to request a booking please contact:
Andrew & Isabel Hubbard on +44 (0)1285 643779 or to send an email please click on the link at the bottom of this page

"We had a lovely time at the apartment, it was spotlessly clean and everything worked perfectly. We thoroughly recommend this apartment and intend to return again sometime", Donald Payne & family, July/August 2007

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sat 29 Aug 2015, 8:13 am

I wonder if anyone who has Kate`s bewk would check for a reference to the Paynes coming round on New Years Day (1st Jan 2007) which is when they first discussed the holiday to PT.
Now according to granny Eileen, the Macs spent New Year at her place in Glasgow as per this quote. my bold.

She said: "When she was two, Madeleine spent Christmas at my house and it was lovely. (that was 2005)

"The next year, the family came up for New Year but on Christmas Day Madeleine called and said she'd got a kitchen from Santa. She was very excited and said 'I'm going to make some tea'."

Now if you were going to Glasgow for New Year surely you would go for Hogmanay, so how were they able to entertain the Paynes in Rothley whilst actually being in Glasgow?

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sat 29 Aug 2015, 11:02 am

I found this...

It was on New Year’s Day 2007 that the idea of a spring holiday in Portugal was first raised. Fiona and David Payne, who had come with their children Lily and Scarlett to spend the day with us, were planning a week’s break at a Mark Warner resort in the Algarve, probably with two other couples and their families, and they asked us if we’d like to join them.

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sat 29 Aug 2015, 11:17 am

dogs don't lie wrote:I found this...

It was on New Year’s Day 2007 that the idea of a spring holiday in Portugal was first raised. Fiona and David Payne, who had come with their children Lily and Scarlett to spend the day with us, were planning a week’s break at a Mark Warner resort in the Algarve, probably with two other couples and their families, and they asked us if we’d like to join them.

Thanks DDL. So they were in 2 places at one time. Magic!

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 29 Aug 2015, 11:29 am

The normal rules of time and space don't apply to the McCanns!

I suppose it is possible that they went early in the new year to granny's though, as has been said, they would have missed Hogmanay.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

The book madeleine, the blogs & the diary Empty McCanns book commented on by Max Clifford on ITV Central Tonight

Post  candyfloss Sun 10 Dec 2017, 6:31 pm

This popped up on twitter earlier, I had forgotten about it. Max Clifford who died totay, and then various members of the public commenting about KM's book.........

Published on 16 Nov 2010

McCanns book commented on by Max Clifford on ITV Central Tonight.

TRANSCRIPT

REPORTER The book called simply "Madeleine" will go on sale next year. It will coincide with the fourth anniversary of their daughter's disappearance from the family's holiday apartment in Portugal. Kate McCann spoke recently on Cenral Tonight to explain why they feel the search for Madeleine has to be kept alive.

KATE MCCANN We believe that by looking at all the information and you have to bear in mind that there's in lots of different departments, on lots of different desks, on lots of different databases and it all needs to be brought together and only by doing that will we identify areas that need further investigation.

REPORTER At its height the Find Madeleine Fund had reached two million pounds but its running out fast. That's why the couple from Rothley felt they had no choice but to go into print with their story but the publicist, Max Clifford, questions the decision to write a book.

MAX CLIFFORD I just think that people are getting to the stage now where they think, "Well we've heard all this so many times". And whilst they have nothing but sympathy for the McCanns, I wonder if this book will be the success that obviously they're hoping it will be and the publishers, if they're paying them millions of pounds which is what we're reading, erm that the book will achieve. Its a story that is so well known, so well documented and we've all heard so many times, erm, that, you know, personally I've got my doubts as to, you know, just the impact and the success that it will have.

REPORTER Mixed opinion today in the Midlands.

FIRST LOCAL WOMAN I wouldn't buy the book. I think it would sort of fictionalize the story and make it less real.

SECOND LOCAL WOMAN Yes, I would buy it actually because I think they shouldn't give up until they find what happened to their daughter.

THIRD LOCAL WOMAN Well, I wouldn't buy it, though its probably a good idea for them, but I wouldn't buy it.

REPORTER The McCanns say their only priority is the search for their daughter. Alison McKinsay for Central Tonight.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 11 Dec 2017, 12:12 pm

I like the first woman's comment. It certainly did turn out to be mainly a work of fiction!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down