MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The case of Adnan Syed

Go down

The case of Adnan Syed Empty The case of Adnan Syed

Post  Mimi Mon 08 Dec 2014, 7:32 pm

Wondered if any of you have been grabbed by this real life murder mystery which is now being serialised on Radio4 Extra.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04wzrs9

It has attracted world wide interest, taking USA by storm then in many other countries.  It started last month in USA and now Radio4 Extra have just started releasing it.

Its about the supposed unsolved murder of a Baltimore teenager Hae Min Lee in 1999.  Her ex-boyfriend Adnan was convicted of her murder but still maintains his innocence.  Sarah Keonig is an investigator delving into the case far deeper than the cops did at the time.

More details
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_%28podcast%29
Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

The case of Adnan Syed Empty Re: The case of Adnan Syed

Post  Guest Mon 08 Dec 2014, 9:42 pm

Yep I've listened to them all so far.

I think she's rather taken in by Adnan and can't see further than that.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 08 Dec 2014, 9:45 pm

Not sure how far Radio 4 is up to but you can get up to the latest, episode 10 , on podcasts.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Mon 08 Dec 2014, 10:37 pm

I`ve just started - have listened to the first one.

Yes, agree she may have been fooled by Adnan, but that other fellow Jay seems a really cold fish.
Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 09 Dec 2014, 11:43 am

As you've only just started I won't say too much. But yes I think Jay has tried to minimise his involvement for sure.

Would love to hear what you think once you've caught up.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 09 Dec 2014, 2:48 pm

Well I`ve listened to the first two so far and I thought it odd that if it was Adnan, that he would tell someone (Jay) that he was going to do it.

After listening to the 2nd one, I got the impression that Adnan could be possessive going on what Hae Min`s friends said about him always checking up on her and turning up on girls` nights.  They don`t really say what finally caused them to split up but am wondering if it was because Hae suddenly started fancying the older guy.

Also it doesn`t look good for Adnan in that a couple of people have now said he did try and get a lift with Hae that afternoon, although he is denying it.

At the moment I can`t see anyone else having a motive to kill her.

How far in to it are you dawnie?

P.S. If Jay admitted to help dig the shallow grave, wonder if he was prosecuted for being an accessory to murder.
Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 09 Dec 2014, 3:47 pm

I've listened to the whole 10 episodes that they have released so far on podcasts.

I believe Jay was charged with accessory to murder after the fact. He plead guilty and was given a deal in which he was sentenced with probation.

I don't want to say anything to let you form your own opinions.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Fri 19 Dec 2014, 12:30 am

Well I`ve now listened to all 12 and still no further forward, except they are going to have more DNA testing of Hai to see if the serial killer Ronald someone could have done it. So whether we will get the results of this in next year`s follow up, not sure.

Towards the end I was thinking that Adnan had done it - I was thinking about his strict Moslem upbringing and how he might feel towards a girl that had gone off with another fellow - sort of an honour killing. Was he doped up at the time and lost his wits? Is he a charming manipulator type and is he manipulating Sarah Koenig? But like her, I really don`t know. I find it odd that he doesn`t remember anything about that day.

It seems everyone likes Jay - and I was beginning to believe he was genuinely fearful of someone - but who?

Jay must be telling the truth in part to know where the body was buried.

I give up for now. I hope it does continue in the new year as I want to know who dunnit !

Let me know what you thought.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 19 Dec 2014, 12:26 pm

It won't be the serial killer who did it as it was Jay who told the Police where the car was. When Sarah pointed that out to the justice lawyer she said "the bigger picture Sarah". So I take it that means they need to use the serial killer as a means to get the DNA tested and at least rule him out. So Adnan and Jay can be tested. Hopefully the DNA is still available and good enough for testing. I did think Adnan seemed a bit scared when he agreed to it.

I liked Dana's thinking of the case. If he isn't involved then he is the unluckiest guy on the planet on that day! Too many coincidences for him to not be involved.

That 18 page letter where he says to Sarah I'm not a manipulator, the bits she read out was full of manipulation in my opinion.

Very odd that he doesn't remember anything from that day, and very convenient.

Did you spot what I thought was a slip from Adnan (I googled his words)

"I don't think you'll ever have a 100 percent... Or any type of certainty about it... THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD THAT CAN HAVE THAT IS ME ................ AND I MEAN FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH WHOEVER DID IT."

Adding that bit on the end when he realised what he had said.

Anyway, that's a few thoughts. You can probably tell that I think Adnan killed her, with Jay trying to minimise his involvement making some of the story weird and confused.

I think the only hope of finding out the truth is the DNA.

Next years one will be a new story. That is it for this case.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Fri 19 Dec 2014, 1:46 pm

Yes, you`re right about the serial killer, I`d forgotten that.

It does seem as if the case is going to progress if the DNA gives up anything significant.

I`m not good at logic - I generally go on gut feelings, experience and psychology. I wouldn`t be at all surprised if it was Adnan all along. I know a `charming manipulator` and the way Adnan speaks to Sarah is similar - they always have a lot to say and are extremely clever (or think they are). The Moslem indoctrination of maybe an `honour killing` fits with me plus he seems to have an obsessive/possessive side.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 26 Sep 2017, 11:26 am

This case still fascinates me. Adnan Syed has been granted a re-trial but I don`t think it has happened yet - well I`ve seen no report on it.

This video is interesting about the autopsy report. Seems nothing was done properly at the time.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down