MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madeleine McCann: British police to observe questioning in Portugal - BBC 9/12/14

+22
Baldrick
Lioned
Cristobell
Burst
Meteor
margaret
Poppy
costello
Anne
TheTruthWillOut
bluebell
bellisa
hicks
Scrants
dogs don't lie
Helenmeg
hesla
Andrew
chirpyinsect
Bampots
paracetamol
candyfloss
26 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Madeleine McCann: British police to observe questioning in Portugal - BBC 9/12/14 - Page 8 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann: British police to observe questioning in Portugal - BBC 9/12/14

Post  Guest Sun 21 Dec 2014, 11:33 am

Smile
dogs don't lie wrote:No longer have a contract, with immediate effect, sounds significant.

Yes it does.  I wonder if the management may get involved in any court case to do with the McCanns and therefore MW have had to distance themselves from the OC.

Last edited by Don't Forget Madeleine on Sun 21 Dec 2014, 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Getting OG and OC confused, duh!)

Back to top Go down

Madeleine McCann: British police to observe questioning in Portugal - BBC 9/12/14 - Page 8 Empty Re: Madeleine McCann: British police to observe questioning in Portugal - BBC 9/12/14

Post  bluebell Sun 21 Dec 2014, 11:50 am

dogs don't lie wrote:No longer have a contract, with immediate effect, sounds significant.

I would think it's more likely to do with commercial reasons, money usually being the biggest factor in these things. imo

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sun 21 Dec 2014, 11:53 am

bluebell wrote:

I would think it's more likely to do with commercial reasons, money usually being the biggest factor in these things.    imo

Although you'd think that would've happened not long after the disappearance.
It's the timing that's interesting to me.

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Sun 21 Dec 2014, 11:57 am

bluebell wrote:

I would think it's more likely to do with commercial reasons, money usually being the biggest factor in these things.    imo

Would be interesting to find out what happens to all those who have booked through MW for the OC next year. There will be a contractual obligation to supply a holiday of equal standard to those affected. Wonder what they will be offered. Money back or an alternative holiday? I don't think MW have any other Portuguese resorts as far as I can see on their web site.
chirpyinsect
chirpyinsect

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Sun 21 Dec 2014, 11:58 am

Crumbs!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 21 Dec 2014, 12:12 pm

bluebell wrote:
dogs don't lie wrote:Just seen Mark Warner is no longer associated to the OC?

Yes, I noticed this yesterday when I was trying to find if there was a tv room in the complex (when we were discussing the written timelines!).

Does anyone know when it happened?    Is this the first season MW aren't associated?

ETA     Sorry ddl, posts crossed, my question answered then ty.

I believe every apartment had a TV, may be wrong but recall mention of a TV in 5a.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 21 Dec 2014, 12:18 pm

Tigger wrote:
bluebell wrote:
dogs don't lie wrote:Just seen Mark Warner is no longer associated to the OC?

Yes, I noticed this yesterday when I was trying to find if there was a tv room in the complex (when we were discussing the written timelines!).

Does anyone know when it happened?    Is this the first season MW aren't associated?

ETA     Sorry ddl, posts crossed, my question answered then ty.

I believe every apartment had a TV, may be wrong but recall mention of a TV in 5a.

Wouldn't the room in 5a with the TV be called "the lounge" though as in most households whereas "TV room" sounds more like something in a holiday complex. I'd never noticed that before on the time lines.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 21 Dec 2014, 1:03 pm

It's called a "TV Room" in a hospital, maybe that's the term Gerry's just used to using.  Same as "High Tea".  There's nothing posh or unusual about that term being used by a Scottish doctor either.  That's just what your evening meal in the hospital is called, as the "main meal" is usually at lunchtime (and called "dinner").

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 21 Dec 2014, 1:12 pm

Resistor wrote:It's called a "TV Room" in a hospital, maybe that's the term Gerry's just used to using.  Same as "High Tea".  There's nothing posh or unusual about that term being used by a Scottish doctor either.  That's just what your evening meal in the hospital is called, as the "main meal" is usually at lunchtime (and called "dinner").

Yes, you could be right there. I hadn't thought about that. Sometimes it's hard to break the habit when you're used to calling things by other names because of your job. I once answered my phone at home with my company name, as I was so used to picking up the phone and saying W............. Travel Agency. Laughing

The person on the other end thought I'd gone loopy.

Back to top Go down

Post  Meteor Sun 21 Dec 2014, 2:17 pm

When I was growing up, tea time always meant your evening meal.
Meteor
Meteor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 21 Dec 2014, 2:34 pm

Meteor wrote:When I was growing up, tea time always meant your evening meal.

I remember that as well.  We were always saying "Mum, what have we got for tea?" meaning dinner.

Sorry, admin, we're going way off topic (thought I would get that in before you hit me over the knuckles).

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 21 Dec 2014, 2:35 pm

Meteor wrote:When I was growing up, tea time always meant your evening meal.
Yes, that's what I understand it to be too - breakfast, dinner, tea and sometimes supper.  It actually says on the card that you get to pick your food, "High Tea".  But there were a million and one posts all questioning why Gerry said in his blogs that the kids went for high tea.  Sometimes the answer really is that obvious.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Sun 21 Dec 2014, 5:12 pm

Yes looks like all all the parts are being put in place before the final question and answer sessions happen!

http://www.thevacationcompany.net/news/article.php?newsId=108 (thanks to textusa)
Bampots
Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 21 Dec 2014, 5:18 pm

Bampots wrote:Yes looks like all all the parts are being put in place before the final question and answer sessions happen!

http://www.thevacationcompany.net/news/article.php?newsId=108 (thanks to textusa)

That's an interesting development. As of December 12, 2014.
Hmm.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Thu 25 Dec 2014, 12:43 pm

yes it's amazing that it has not been mentioned before, but there you go better late than never! I'm sure other developments lie waiting to be found even after seven and a half years!
Bampots
Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Thu 25 Dec 2014, 1:22 pm

Someone has raised a really good point on another forum about SY`s Remit asking "why would they stupidly announce in the remit that they were going in with a closed mind"- credit to aiyoyo. This is a question worth pondering I think.

And one answer could be that they had to put certain people off the scent from the start.
Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Fri 26 Dec 2014, 12:46 pm

I honestly can't see how a police force, who has a remit for an abduction, can only investigate an abduction if evidence points to a death, (abduction may not be all our thinking, Madeleine may not have left the apartment alive). What do they do then? No, sorry, we don't think Madeleine was alive when abducted, but we can't go any further than that because our remit is abduction, even though we've dug in PDL for a body. We think we know who took her from the apartment, but she could have been murdered by that person, and because of our remit, we have to ignore that, or the person who removed her was related so we have to ignore that because it wasn't stranger abduction. What a load of tosh. Investigations and remits move on, the police do their work, no matter what direction it goes.
IMO

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Fri 26 Dec 2014, 12:51 pm

Yes, I agree ddl.

I wonder how else they could have worded the remit so as not to upset the McCanns.
Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Fri 26 Dec 2014, 1:02 pm

One of the main objections coming from certain quarters towards DCI Wall is that she has committed to the same remit. How can anyone know that to be true?

The remit was also given as the aim of the review. That review has since become a full-blown investigation which will lead who knows where?

It's crazy to accuse her of sticking to that original remit, as nobody - certainly not any posters on messageboards - know that to be true.

Do the police always make public their agendas? Of course not.

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Fri 26 Dec 2014, 1:07 pm

Exactly Mimi, I think there's a fine line as to how close police get to any suspects, they can't be nasty because they'll get nothing, but they can't get too friendly either because they'll get nothing either. I think OG have a perfect relationship at the moment. Friendly at the beginning, but now they don't seem to know much of what's happening at all. Fingers crossed, little Maddie will get justice soon.

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Fri 26 Dec 2014, 1:10 pm

Agreed to Dee Coy, the other person is very adamant for people to not have any hope, I really don't know why.
IMO

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8