MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The wrong Smith............

+26
Admin
Freedom
candyfloss
Helenmeg
Mimi
Poe
Cristobell
dantezebu
Fiat500
End
bobbin
Dee Coy
Praia de Suiza
hicks
Meteor
bellisa
chirpyinsect
Fragrance
PMR
Lioned
Châtelaine
dogs don't lie
bluebell
Andrew
Antonia
Thetruth
30 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The wrong Smith............ - Page 3 Empty Re: The wrong Smith............

Post  Praia de Suiza Mon 15 Dec 2014, 10:13 pm

Have a little patience with TB. Maybe he needs time to invent a new story.
Praia de Suiza
Praia de Suiza

Back to top Go down

Post  Meteor Mon 15 Dec 2014, 10:14 pm

Praia de Suiza wrote:Have a little patience with TB. Maybe he needs time to invent a new story.

And it'll be a lengthy one, you can be sure.
Meteor
Meteor

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 15 Dec 2014, 10:16 pm

TB is more than likely on the phone to his handlers asking why he didn't get Birch's role and asking why his xmas bonus is late...

If Aquila is serious in her honesty that she seeks the truth for Madeleine, then she should be calling TB out...Right now

Back to top Go down

Post  hicks Mon 15 Dec 2014, 10:24 pm

ChillyHeat wrote:TB is more than likely on the phone to his handlers asking why he didn't get Birch's role and asking why his xmas bonus is late...

If Aquila is serious in her honesty that she seeks the truth for Madeleine, then she should be calling TB out...Right now

She should.....but she's not...yet.
hicks
hicks

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Mon 15 Dec 2014, 10:32 pm

Congratulations on a brilliant piece of sleuthing Tigger. At the risk of sounding patronising you are exactly what is needed here, someone with the patience and dedication to check their facts and the courage to call someone out on it.
If TB has any integrity left he will post a grovelling apology to not only the right Mr Smith but also the wrong one and as a footnote he can add another apology to everyone he has had banned for disagreeing with his viewpoint. Wonder if he will amend his poll now.
OK so did anyone see that pig as it flew by?
chirpyinsect
chirpyinsect

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 15 Dec 2014, 10:33 pm

Regarding your previous post, Hicks, information was posted about the business interests of Martin Smith - suggesting that he was not being honest with information provided on his company accounts - but it transpires that it's a different Martin Smith.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Mon 15 Dec 2014, 10:52 pm

hicks wrote:What I can't understand is why TB is so intent of rubbishing the Smith family?

Everything that's available to read on Martin Smith gives no indication of him being anything other than an honest man who is well thought of in his community. There is no way he would tell his children to lie, especially in such a serious matter as a missing child.

My own opinion is that he and his family definitely did see a man carrying a child that night. I just have doubts that it was GM.

I'm not up to speed on what TB has done, but for what I can gather he has given false information about someone called Martin Smith who is not 'the' Martin Smith. Am I right?

Me too. I asked him a couple of times,  but never got a straight answer, just yet another long blue repetition of the 'facts' surrounding their tale and why we should consider it dodgy. But never a clear answer as to why they would lie, apart from hints about the Murat thing. It appears we are to believe Mr Smith perjured himself, his son (a man with a family and responsibilities of his own) and his 12 year old daughter in order to clear Murat. Quite ludicrous. Even if he and Murat were friends from birth and loved each other as brothers I couldn't accept he would do this for him.

So why?

Yes you're right about what he's done. Claimed Mr Smith gave false information about a golf business he owned. 'Our' Martin Smith doesn't own the golf business, another - completely unrelated - Martin Smith does. It is the second Martin Smith who has hit back and asked him to remove the 'libellous' posts. To me, he needs to do more than this and remove everything relating to the golf business, as it is falsely blackening the character of 'our' Martin Smith. So far he hasn't.

Back to top Go down

Post  bobbin Mon 15 Dec 2014, 11:16 pm

I hear 'offis-world' has just run out of blue ink... a sudden pre-Christmas demand apparently... santa

Well done Tigger, this is classic, real and indeed 'courageous' research. study

Now it really does beg the question as to what exactly has been lying behind TB's determination to disprove the Smith sighting.

bobbin
bobbin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Mon 15 Dec 2014, 11:54 pm

Freedom wrote:Have I got this right? The Mr Smith with golfing companies who is a former army officer is not the Mr Smith who claims to have seen a man with a child in PDL on 3rd May 2007?

Just re-reading the thread. So the ex-army career was rubbish as well? What about the Unilever executive?? Shocked Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  End Tue 16 Dec 2014, 12:23 am

Has anyone got any theories as to what Mr. B is trying to achieve by spreading this misinformation?
...or could it be a genuine mistake on his part?
End
End

Back to top Go down

Post  Fiat500 Tue 16 Dec 2014, 12:41 am

chirpyinsect wrote:Congratulations on a brilliant piece of sleuthing Tigger. At the risk of sounding patronising you are exactly what is needed here, someone with the patience and dedication to check their facts and the courage to call someone out on it.
If TB has any integrity left he will post a grovelling apology to not only the right Mr Smith but also the wrong one and as a footnote he can add another apology to everyone he has had banned for disagreeing with his viewpoint. Wonder if he will amend his poll now.
OK so did anyone see that pig as it flew by?

This.  Really well done Tigger.

I never understood TB's attitude to Mr Smith and my objections to his stance caused my ban from CMOMM as a disruptor!  Pathetic,  it devastated me, not. bom

cheers

Last edited by Fiat500 on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Fiat500
Fiat500

Back to top Go down

Post  dantezebu Tue 16 Dec 2014, 12:53 am

Well done Tigger cheers
dantezebu
dantezebu

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 16 Dec 2014, 3:43 am

I've often wondered if Gerry carried Sean off the airplane that way deliberately.
Here's my thinking.
I'm assuming it was Gerry - or someone who looked very much like Gerry -  carrying Madeleine's body somewhere that night, and that he inadvertently came upon the Smith party in the street.
But the Smiths said nothing. Gerry (or whoever it was) knew they'd spotted him. But he didn't know who they were, and he didn't know how much they'd seen and assumed. They were wildcards who needed to be identified and neutralized.

So to jog their memories, Gerry took a risk and carried Sean off the plane in exactly the same position that Madeleine had been carried that night, knowing that there would be a lot of media coverage of their arrival and that this party of people would very likely be watching.

So, bingo, the Smith family memories are jogged, and they make themselves known and express their thoughts, contacting the police... and now that TM know who they are, they activate a concerted effort to discredit them, to bury their efits, to try and suggest that they were protecting Murat, etc etc etc.

And so here we are today, still trying to figure out why some people feel it's so important to discredit the Smiths.

All of the above my opinion only.

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Tue 16 Dec 2014, 6:36 am

Canada12 said"I've often wondered if Gerry carried Sean off the airplane that way deliberately."

Not altogether beyond possible C12. We know there was an appeal put out to Irish holidaymakers to send in their photos etc so was this their way of finding out if Mr Smith had recognised him or not? (if it was him) Get the information, then get their shills to work on discrediting him just like they do with anything they don't have control over, like the dogs.
However it was quite some time after ie September when they went home and it was taking a huge risk to jog their memories. In fact it couldn't have turned out any worse really in that the efits were so like GM. Maybe he was just so confident in his alibi that he thought the very fact someone was seen would add weight to the abductor theory as had been intended from the start. Jane Tanner`s sighting was obviously slotted in to an earlier spot because of Jez (who I am now doubting as genuine) Perhaps Jez was willing to alibi Gerry as he actually did see him but was not prepared to say he saw a non existent burglator with a child.
I know the Smiths gave their statements on or around 16 May but would TM know of this? I am almost sure this was meant to be the original abductor scenario, a few streets away from OC so less risk of bumping in to someone who knew GM by sight, he just didn't expect it to be a large family.
You could well be right C12 that they needed to know know if they recognised him.
chirpyinsect
chirpyinsect

Back to top Go down

Post  Cristobell Tue 16 Dec 2014, 8:04 am

Tigger wrote:New post on blog.  Quite interesting   Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Brilliant Tigger - and well done having the savvy and the tenacity to dig deeper in Bennett's claims. Happily for Bennett his work is so terminally boring that few check out whether his facts are actually correct.

I am curious though as to the checking Bennett did on the 12 year old daughter, A**** Smith, didn't he go as far as trying to link a school project she did about childcare with lying about what she saw that night? Was he stalking the 'right' teenager?
Cristobell
Cristobell

Back to top Go down

Post  Praia de Suiza Tue 16 Dec 2014, 9:02 am

End wrote:Has anyone got any theories as to what Mr. B is trying to achieve by spreading this misinformation?
I think TB is just so deep inside this McCann story that he was looking for himself any solution. If you are looking for something on the internet, you will find certainly something similar, which you then bend a little way around and already everything fits together. Almost.
Praia de Suiza
Praia de Suiza

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Tue 16 Dec 2014, 9:04 am

Fantastic work Tigger cheers

I tended to avoid the Smithman threads on CMoMM because, in my opinion, they go far beyond what is morally acceptable. Targeting a family and publishing information about them, including details about their 12 year old daughter, because they are witnesses is quite simply wrong.

That some of the information given was about an unconnected third party with the same name is disgraceful.

If this is a genuine mistake, TB should post a retraction and apology.

It concerns me that this, and trawling the pages of Vogue to find something to discredit the new head of Operation Grange, are not the actions of a mentally stable individual. Whether it is TB himself or someone from Team McCann feeding him information, it's my feeling that this obsession is pushing someone over the edge.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 16 Dec 2014, 9:22 am

hicks wrote:What I can't understand is why TB is so intent of rubbishing the Smith family?

For the same reason that Mary Pat Pow and Brenda Ryan suddenly performed the most astonishing volte-face and went from running a highly critical (and often cruel) forum, to being the most sycophantic McCann groupies on the face of the planet?

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 16 Dec 2014, 9:32 am

Has there been any comment yet from Tony at the 'other place' or from anyone?

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 16 Dec 2014, 9:46 am

candyfloss wrote:Has there been any comment yet from Tony at the 'other place' or from anyone?

Not that I can see this morning.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 16 Dec 2014, 9:46 am

Poe wrote:Fantastic work Tigger cheers

I tended to avoid the Smithman threads on CMoMM because, in my opinion, they go far beyond what is morally acceptable. Targeting a family and publishing information about them, including details about their 12 year old daughter, because they are witnesses is quite simply wrong.

That some of the information given was about an unconnected third party with the same name is disgraceful.

If this is a genuine mistake, TB should post a retraction and apology.

It concerns me that this, and trawling the pages of Vogue to find something to discredit the new head of Operation Grange, are not the actions of a mentally stable individual. Whether it is TB himself or someone from Team McCann feeding him information, it's my feeling that this obsession is pushing someone over the edge.

I agree, I don't think TM has anything to do with this. Imo it is a need to be seen to be best and first with news. Mr. B. does his research back to front, he focusses on an individual (it's nearly always individuals - I have yet to see a considered overview of the case by his hand which is really what one might expect), decides they are not what they seem and then tries to find evidence to support his claims. .
We are seeing the same with the Exton e-fits. Lately he stated that he knows who they are, where they live but can't yet publish this revelation.
Mr. Exton too, has recently been dissected.
From time to time he is given information by people such as Hagland who patently have their own agendas. (Hagland wants to publish a book it seems)

I published this at last, having waited over two months, because topic Smith nr. 4 was re-animated after he was made 100% aware of having libelled the wrong Mr. Smith. By that time quite a lot of the libellous comments regarding the wrong Smith were still on the forum. Mrs. B. had certainly not made a great effort to remove all his posts and left a copy of one of the more detailed allegations against Mr. Smith on a blog where he writes as the 'analyst'.

Therefore Mr. Bennett is not an honourable man in my opinion.

@ everyone.. much as I appreciate all the praise, it was fairly easy to find out. As far as it is relevant to what happened to Maddie McCann, imo it is very relevant to expose misinformation given out on the forum and the internet as it is adding to the confusion so beloved of TM.

Last edited by Tigger on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenmeg Tue 16 Dec 2014, 10:19 am

End wrote:Has anyone got any theories as to what Mr. B is trying to achieve by spreading this misinformation?

Yes - all hats off to Tigger.
That is the danger of one man or poster becoming too significant on any FORUM - it intimidates other posters and promotes misinformation being spread without being challenged.  I felt we were being dictated to on the Smithman threads as JH (as well as others). If I ever posted on Smithman thread I was immediately asked by TB to justify my thoughts and give reasons to the point where it just was not worth posting - unless a post agreed with Tony's view it was challenged fiercely.

So we can now see how it is possible for our views to be miss-shaped by one man writing reams of complicated analysis that is actually rubbish. At least we have learnt a lesson from this - trust our instincts  - if it doesn't feel right and sound right then no matter how much one person tries to bully us into thinking something - we must still carry on challenging it!

My theory is that TB has not sold out to Team Mc Cann but that there are posters (disguised members of Team Mc Cann ) that have done a clever job of gaining Tony's respect and then feeding him bits of misinformation  - Tony has taken the bait.

I did wonder if he'd gone over to Team Mc Cann through financial difficulty but I think, despite everything, he would not do that - he has just been manipulated.  If I was Team Mc Cann - the biggest gain I could get is to get TB spouting my rubbish.

Last edited by Helenmeg on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Helenmeg
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 16 Dec 2014, 10:22 am

Dee Coy wrote:

Just re-reading the thread. So the ex-army career was rubbish as well? What about the Unilever executive?? Shocked Shocked

That does appear to be true.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-key-witness-accuses-2433328
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 16 Dec 2014, 10:23 am

I forgot to say...well done Tigger :-) It'll be interesting to see what happens next :-)

Back to top Go down

Post  PMR Tue 16 Dec 2014, 10:44 am

It's a thing I've found on lots of forums , one person posts a lot , has strong opinions then they ( and often their cronies / socks ) begin to dominate and it becomes their forum. Until something happens and then they spit their dummy and go off expecting the forum to collapse behind them and it doesn't
PMR
PMR

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next