TWO MARTIN SMITHS - response by Tony Bennett

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

TWO MARTIN SMITHS - response by Tony Bennett

Post  myositis on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 6:26 pm

TWO MARTIN SMITHS

I’m responding to an article by your member ‘tigger’ on her blog which has apparently been reproduced and discussed on one of your threads.

The central allegation she makes is that I falsely claimed that a Martin Smith in Dundalk, an inventor who has golfing business interests, is one and the same as Martin Smith from Drogheda who, 13 days after allegedly seeing a man carrying a blonde girl clad in pyjamas on 10pm on 3 May 2007, reported his sighting to the police.

I admit to having made an honest mistake. I think the Drogheda Smiths are Martin and Mary. A Martin and Mary Smith are also shareholders in the golf companies. It was not only a mistake, it was a bad mistake.

In correspondence with the Dundalk Martin Smith in October this year, I admitted the mistake and apologised for it.

In his initial e-mail to me (9 October), the Dundalk Martin Smith wrote: “I, personally, fully appreciate that what you wrote was done in good faith and with the best of intentions and I think your interest in getting to the truth of Madeleine's disappearance is admirable in the extreme. But I should advise that the other people you mention in the post may not be so understanding”.

Despite doubts about the authenticity of this e-mail, I decided to accept it as genuine.

In my post about the Dundalk Martin Smith’s business interests, I had referred to my doubts about his golfing company’s listed Directors, who included CEOs of international businesses. These were set out in an application for funding he’d made to ‘BES Opportunities’. He explained this to me as follows:

“The information that you found on BES Opportunities in Maynooth, County Kildare (link: http.www.besopps.com) was scraped by the owner of that site without my consent. Hence the inaccuracies, mis-spellings, typos and sketchy information. It was gathered willy-nilly from several sources and could be nothing but incomplete. However unlikely it may seem, it is accurate in some regards. John Coleman (ex-Bose) is a partner and substantial shareholder. We served together as army officers many years ago. Count Andreas Faber-Castell is a long-standing, close personal friend and is a board member”.

I replied the same day: “Clearly if I have mistaken you for the Martin Smith whose claimed sighting is now at the heart of the Madeleine McCann investigation, then I have made a genuine error and will take steps to correct it”.

The following day, Dundalk Martin Smith replied:

“Thanks for your prompt response. You obviously appreciate my position and concern”. He then gave details of what posts he wanted removed from the CMOMM forum, ending: ”Again Tony, thank you for your prompt response. It is really appreciated. Best regards, Martin”.

On 11 October, he wrote and said: “Thanks a million Tony. Much appreciated. Good luck with your continued search for the truth. Martin”.

And after all the posts were removed, he replied: “Tony, It would seem that you were as good as your word. So all's well that ends well. Many thanks.
And I really do hope you get to the truth of the affair”.

I had of course suggested that it was the Drogheda Martin Smith who had concocted details of his Directors. That was wrong and I have apologised for doing so.

The Drogheda Martin Smith has been variously described as ‘a retired businessman’ and ‘a former Unilever Director’. I have no information to contradict this.

It is not the first honest error I have made whilst researching matters relating to the disappearance of Madeleine McCann over the past 7 years. But along the way I believe I have also contributed some worthwhile new facts and insights.

So far as my doubts about the claims of the Smiths regarding their sighting of ‘Smithman’ are concerned, and about the two e-fits, and other matters surrounding the man whom DCI Andy Redwood asserted on Crimewatch was now his ‘central focus’, these doubts all remain.

I do not intend to enter into any discussion about the above statement. I would also point out that the poster named as ‘russiandoll’ has repeated on your publicly-viewable forum the errors I made about the owner of the golf businesses. You may wish to reconsider whether you wish that (and similar) material to stay on your forum.

I suggest that now that I have responded to the claims made on your forum you may wish to now deactivate my membership as I do not intend to post here again.

Tony Bennett
16 December 2014, 6.30pm











avatar
myositis

Posts : 10
Join date : 2014-12-16

Back to top Go down

Re: TWO MARTIN SMITHS - response by Tony Bennett

Post  Guest on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 6:37 pm

If I am to believe a word you say Tony Bennett, you need to first explain why you lied on the JH forum about me when you banned my account.  Why you falsely alleged that I was the coordinator of a band of trolls working from internet cafes.  Why you falsely alleged that I disclosed private messages to other people.  I know that you cannot possibly have any evidence to support these allegations, because they are not true.

I know you won't answer, and it doesn't matter because I know the answer already - you were unable to debate with me on the same intellectual level (without Fleffer to back you up), and so your only answer was to remove my voice.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: TWO MARTIN SMITHS - response by Tony Bennett

Post  chirpyinsect on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 6:59 pm

wlbts wrote:If I am to believe a word you say Tony Bennett, you need to first explain why you lied on the JH forum about me when you banned my account.  Why you falsely alleged that I was the coordinator of a band of trolls working from internet cafes.  Why you falsely alleged that I disclosed private messages to other people.  I know that you cannot possibly have any evidence to support these allegations, because they are not true.

I know you won't answer, and it doesn't matter because I know the answer already - you were unable to debate with me on the same intellectual level (without Fleffer to back you up), and so your only answer was to remove my voice.

WLBTS is just one among many decent and honest people who found themselves dismissed from CMoMM for no apparent reason other than to disagree with you Mr Bennett regarding in particular, but not limited to, your stance on the Smith sighting. With several swipes of your blue pen, you ripped apart many years of valuable study carried out in the interests of a small girl whose whereabouts are still a mystery.
You cared not a jot for those who were genuinely seeking the truth, preferring to bolster your own ego by surrounding yourself with sycophantic bullies and yes men.
Does it help you sleep at night knowing that part of your evidence that the Smiths were lying, including a 12 year old child, was based on what you excuse as an honest mistake? That mistake led you to probe into that child`s life. How despicable. You style yourself as a researcher. I think you should rethink your job description. How does embittered, deceitful and self-aggrandising suit?
Will you also be removing the honest mistake from your other blogs?
avatar
chirpyinsect

Posts : 4591
Join date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: TWO MARTIN SMITHS - response by Tony Bennett

Post  Guest on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 7:04 pm

Can we now look forward to a new thread on CoMM the bazillion similarities between the two Martin Smiths and how none of them could possibly have seen the 'abductor' (and it certainly wasn't Gerry McCann!) Shocked

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: TWO MARTIN SMITHS - response by Tony Bennett

Post  Guest on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 7:12 pm

Back on topic, it appears then Tony that you have only discovered the truth thanks to Tigger's research - as opposed to assumptions based on a common surname. And it also appears that despite being informed of the facts over two months ago, you have made no effort to apologise publicly or put the record straight on your the JH forum, until your hand was forced by Tigger.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: TWO MARTIN SMITHS - response by Tony Bennett

Post  Guest on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 7:39 pm

I do not intend to enter into any discussion about the above statement. I would also point out that the poster named as ‘russiandoll’ has repeated on your publicly-viewable forum the errors I made about the owner of the golf businesses. You may wish to reconsider whether you wish that (and similar) material to stay on your forum

Oh, I think it should. One, if he wanted it to be removed, he could have asked nicely. Two, it serves as a warning to others to be 100% accurate with their "research" when innocent parties - especially children - are involved. Three - he's not in charge here and it is up to Candyfloss and Freedom what stays and what goes. And four - we do not owe Mr Tony Bennett anything, after the appalling way he's treated some of our members.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: TWO MARTIN SMITHS - response by Tony Bennett

Post  Guest on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 8:13 pm

Well, TB, you must have missed that second  furious email  to you which Mr. Smith copied  to me. 

The first mail was no doubt rather more restrained although legal action is mentioned. 

I doubt very much that he applauded your efforts as his first mail to me was written soon after he sent the first one to you, the second one from which I quote below could not be called friendly in the least. 

However, as I said -  members of the forum have seen the exchange of mails. 

I really doubt that Mr. Smith wished you well in your fight for truth, beauty and justice - whatever, as he expressed a definite pro- McCann stance in his mails. 

For that reason I sent him a link to the free e-book and a few more links on the case. 

He sent you the second email on the 11th October - one excerpt: [...] Again, absolutely outrageous that anybody would write something like this without affording that subject  of his vitriol  the opportunity to refute it. 


Perhaps there was a third Mr. Smith who wrote you that kind and understanding email? 

I will show the emails to the forum owner.   You see, I know exactly what was in that mail  - strong language and there is no way I will post them up. 

Whilst you're here, were you given admin powers again to do the whooshing?


Last edited by Tigger on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: TWO MARTIN SMITHS - response by Tony Bennett

Post  Châtelaine on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 8:16 pm

He was definitely given moderation tools. Jill herself has confirmed that. So why wonder?
avatar
Châtelaine

Posts : 2340
Join date : 2014-08-27
Location : France

Back to top Go down

Re: TWO MARTIN SMITHS - response by Tony Bennett

Post  bellisa on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 8:16 pm

"Do not intend to post here again"... perhaps fleffer, graceful etc will join up though?

avatar
bellisa

Posts : 87
Join date : 2014-09-01

Back to top Go down

Re: TWO MARTIN SMITHS - response by Tony Bennett

Post  Andrew on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 8:24 pm

So that is the best you can come up with after 2 Months.

Can't believe how pleasant and thankful in his correspondences the wrong and very much libeled Mr Smith has been.

In polite other words, I don't believe a word of it.

That's just it. Your words whatever you write does not mean anything whatsoever anymore.

All lies, guff and tripe.
avatar
Andrew

Posts : 13089
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: TWO MARTIN SMITHS - response by Tony Bennett

Post  Guest on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 8:45 pm

Symptoms of Myositis

The main symptom of myositis is muscle weakness. The weakness may be noticeable or may only be found with testing. Muscle pain (myalgias) may or may not be present.

santa

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: TWO MARTIN SMITHS - response by Tony Bennett

Post  chirpyinsect on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 8:50 pm

ChillyHeat wrote:Symptoms of Myositis

The main symptom of myositis is muscle weakness. The weakness may be noticeable or may only be found with testing. Muscle pain (myalgias) may or may not be present.

santa

I looked that up too CH. I was thinking it would be weakness of character, spineless, no moral fibre.
avatar
chirpyinsect

Posts : 4591
Join date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: TWO MARTIN SMITHS - response by Tony Bennett

Post  candyfloss on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 8:51 pm

Tigger wrote:Well, TB, you must have missed that second  furious email  to you which Mr. Smith copied  to me. 

The first mail was no doubt rather more restrained although legal action is mentioned. 

I doubt very much that he applauded your efforts as his first mail to me was written soon after he sent the first one to you, the second one from which I quote below could not be called friendly in the least. 

However, as I said -  members of the forum have seen the exchange of mails. 

I really doubt that Mr. Smith wished you well in your fight for truth, beauty and justice - whatever, as he expressed a definite pro- McCann stance in his mails. 

For that reason I sent him a link to the free e-book and a few more links on the case. 

He sent you the second email on the 11th October - one excerpt: [...] Again, absolutely outrageous that anybody would write something like this without affording that subject  of his vitriol  the opportunity to refute it. 


Perhaps there was a third Mr. Smith who wrote you that kind and understanding email? 

I will show the emails to the forum owner.   You see, I know exactly what was in that mail  - strong language and there is no way I will post them up. 

Whilst you're here, were you given admin powers again to do the whooshing?

Yes, I have seen them, and agree with Tigger. Yep, there must definitely be a 3rd Mr Smith, who writes lovely emails.

_________________
  
 

  


Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
avatar
candyfloss
Admin

Posts : 10306
Join date : 2014-08-18
Age : 64

Back to top Go down

Re: TWO MARTIN SMITHS - response by Tony Bennett

Post  Andrew on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 8:56 pm

Deleted - getting personal Andrew, please let's keep it civil. Tony has come on here and replied, and therefore must accept criticism, but let's keep things civil......thanks
avatar
Andrew

Posts : 13089
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: TWO MARTIN SMITHS - response by Tony Bennett

Post  Guest on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 9:17 pm

Tigger

Are you able to show Mr Smith the reply above to see if he agrees with Tony's take on the situation?

I'm guessing from what you have said that he won't.


Last edited by dawnie_c on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ETA: What a load of cack!)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: TWO MARTIN SMITHS - response by Tony Bennett

Post  Guest on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 9:25 pm

Yeah, well Tony's shown the emails to Fleffer and he's adamant they're real - who to believe? ;-)

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: TWO MARTIN SMITHS - response by Tony Bennett

Post  Châtelaine on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 9:27 pm

Late night, you brighten up my sky WLBTS Very Happy
avatar
Châtelaine

Posts : 2340
Join date : 2014-08-27
Location : France

Back to top Go down

Re: TWO MARTIN SMITHS - response by Tony Bennett

Post  Dee Coy on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 9:45 pm

@Tony. You've admitted you made a grave mistake. You said:

I replied the same day: “Clearly if I have mistaken you for the Martin Smith whose claimed sighting is now at the heart of the Madeleine McCann investigation, then I have made a genuine error and will take steps to correct it”.

And this

" I would also point out that the poster named as ‘russiandoll’ has repeated on your publicly-viewable forum the errors I made about the owner of the golf businesses. You may wish to reconsider whether you wish that (and similar) material to stay on your forum."

But the errors are still there on CMoMM. You haven't removed them all even though you know them to be false and therefore misleading.

For example:

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t8297p460-smithman-2-what-can-account-for-the-17-remarkable-similarities-between-tannerman-and-smithman?highlight=smithman+golf

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t8297p180-smithman-2-what-can-account-for-the-17-remarkable-similarities-between-tannerman-and-smithman

Perhaps these aren't the posts the second Mr Smith asked you to remove. But aren't you continuing to perpetrate a huge misconception and slur on the character of the witness Mr Smith by not removing every allusion to this golf company immediately?  Why haven't you? As well as this huge undermining,  it only further obfuscates the already tangled web that surrounds Madeleine.

_________________
Philip Larkin wrote:It stands plain as a wardrobe, what we know, Have always known, know that we can't escape, Yet can't accept.
avatar
Dee Coy

Posts : 2178
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: TWO MARTIN SMITHS - response by Tony Bennett

Post  Guest on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 9:55 pm

Clearly he's not removed the posts as he doesn't want to admit to the deluded that he got it woefully wrong.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: TWO MARTIN SMITHS - response by Tony Bennett

Post  hicks on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 10:02 pm

Hongkong Phooey wrote:Clearly he's not removed the posts as he doesn't want to admit to the deluded that he got it woefully wrong.

Well the poster Mr Peabody has just started a new topic entitled - Will the real Mr smith stand up.

Wonder if he'll get any takers! bom

That would be a no then as it's now been deleted.



Last edited by hicks on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
hicks

Posts : 142
Join date : 2014-11-03

Back to top Go down

Re: TWO MARTIN SMITHS - response by Tony Bennett

Post  Dee Coy on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 10:03 pm

I find it very strange that anyone claiming to fight for truth for this little girl could possibly leave anything they know to be misleading on a forum dedicated to this end, I'm afraid.

When you think of all the people affected by this and reliant on justice eventually being done - Maddie, Goncalo, Brenda et al - it's beyond comprehension that anyone could put their own pride first.

_________________
Philip Larkin wrote:It stands plain as a wardrobe, what we know, Have always known, know that we can't escape, Yet can't accept.
avatar
Dee Coy

Posts : 2178
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: TWO MARTIN SMITHS - response by Tony Bennett

Post  Dee Coy on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 10:07 pm

hicks wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:Clearly he's not removed the posts as he doesn't want to admit to the deluded that he got it woefully wrong.

Well the poster Mr Peabody has just started a new topic entitled - Will the real Mr smith stand up.

Wonder if he get any takers! bom


Saw that. It's gone now. A link to Tigger's blog. Truth seekers? Mad

Who is more important in this??

_________________
Philip Larkin wrote:It stands plain as a wardrobe, what we know, Have always known, know that we can't escape, Yet can't accept.
avatar
Dee Coy

Posts : 2178
Join date : 2014-08-29

Back to top Go down

Re: TWO MARTIN SMITHS - response by Tony Bennett

Post  chirpyinsect on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 10:11 pm

Dee Coy wrote:
hicks wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:Clearly he's not removed the posts as he doesn't want to admit to the deluded that he got it woefully wrong.

Well the poster Mr Peabody has just started a new topic entitled - Will the real Mr smith stand up.

Wonder if he get any takers! bom


Saw that. It's gone now. A link to Tigger's blog. Truth seekers? Mad

Who is more important in this??

Wonder if he is here, Mr Peabody that is, as he made a reference to Fragrance on a post by Aquila.
avatar
chirpyinsect

Posts : 4591
Join date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Re: TWO MARTIN SMITHS - response by Tony Bennett

Post  Guest on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 10:13 pm

chirpyinsect wrote:
Dee Coy wrote:
hicks wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:Clearly he's not removed the posts as he doesn't want to admit to the deluded that he got it woefully wrong.

Well the poster Mr Peabody has just started a new topic entitled - Will the real Mr smith stand up.

Wonder if he get any takers! bom


Saw that. It's gone now. A link to Tigger's blog. Truth seekers? Mad

Who is more important in this??

Wonder if he is here, Mr Peabody that is, as he made a reference to  Fragrance on a post by Aquila.
And he's tried again with Martin Smith link!

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: TWO MARTIN SMITHS - response by Tony Bennett

Post  chirpyinsect on Tue 16 Dec 2014, 10:17 pm

Hongkong Phooey wrote:
chirpyinsect wrote:
Dee Coy wrote:
hicks wrote:
Hongkong Phooey wrote:Clearly he's not removed the posts as he doesn't want to admit to the deluded that he got it woefully wrong.

Well the poster Mr Peabody has just started a new topic entitled - Will the real Mr smith stand up.

Wonder if he get any takers! bom


Saw that. It's gone now. A link to Tigger's blog. Truth seekers? Mad

Who is more important in this??

Wonder if he is here, Mr Peabody that is, as he made a reference to  Fragrance on a post by Aquila.
And he's tried again with Martin Smith link!

I guess Mr P will find himself on the bus out of there very soon. Anyone with any sense should get out of there now. It has to implode. What a shame for those who still have Madeleine at heart.
avatar
chirpyinsect

Posts : 4591
Join date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum