MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Six people killed in lorry accident in Glasgow

+10
TheTruthWillOut
kylie
PeterMac
dogs don't lie
Freedom
candyfloss
wjk
chirpyinsect
hesla
chrissie
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Six people killed in lorry accident in Glasgow Empty Six people killed in lorry accident in Glasgow

Post  Freedom Mon 22 Dec 2014, 4:02 pm

Last edited by Freedom on Mon 22 Dec 2014, 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Six people killed in lorry accident in Glasgow Empty Re: Six people killed in lorry accident in Glasgow

Post  chrissie Mon 22 Dec 2014, 4:38 pm

Absolute tragedy :-( I have just read that it is believed the driver had a heart attack.
chrissie
chrissie

Back to top Go down

Six people killed in lorry accident in Glasgow Empty Re: Six people killed in lorry accident in Glasgow

Post  dogs don't lie Mon 22 Dec 2014, 4:55 pm

Poor poor people. Sad

Back to top Go down

Six people killed in lorry accident in Glasgow Empty Several People Killed in Lorry Accident in Glasgow

Post  hesla Mon 22 Dec 2014, 7:35 pm

Bit of a bad afternoon. My OH works in George Square and couldn't get hold of him till after 4pm. Thankfully he had just come back from lunch and was walking upstairs when he heard it all kick off. It's just awful. Just had the first anniversary of the Clutha helicopter crash a week or so ago.
hesla
hesla

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Mon 22 Dec 2014, 7:41 pm

hesla wrote:Bit of a bad afternoon. My OH works in George Square and couldn't get hold of him till after 4pm. Thankfully he had just come back from lunch and was walking upstairs when he heard it all kick off. It's just awful. Just had the first anniversary of the Clutha helicopter crash a week or so ago.

A friend of mine was in the Clutha that day. The man stood next to him died. My friend had just moved to go to the loo when it happened. It saved his life although he was injured.
Thoughts and prayers are with the families of the dead and injured.
chirpyinsect
chirpyinsect

Back to top Go down

Post  wjk Mon 22 Dec 2014, 7:58 pm

Very sad news.
Thoughts are with family and friends of all who lost their lives Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Six people killed in lorry accident in Glasgow Empty Six People Killed in Glasgow Lorry Accidentc

Post  hesla Mon 22 Dec 2014, 9:37 pm

chirpyinsect wrote:
hesla wrote:Bit of a bad afternoon. My OH works in George Square and couldn't get hold of him till after 4pm. Thankfully he had just come back from lunch and was walking upstairs when he heard it all kick off. It's just awful. Just had the first anniversary of the Clutha helicopter crash a week or so ago.

A friend of mine was in the Clutha that day. The man stood next to him died. My friend had just moved to go to the loo when it happened. It saved his life although he was injured.
Thoughts and prayers are with the families of the dead and injured.

My friends dad was also in the Clutha that night. He had back and head injuries and only got out of hospital in May. Two of his friends died. Don't think he will ever get over it.
hesla
hesla

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 22 Dec 2014, 9:49 pm

Absolutely horrific, but there is another story which happened in France today, ........

France attack: Van driven into shoppers in Nantes

A van has been driven at shoppers at a French Christmas market in the city of Nantes and the driver is reported to have stabbed himself, officials say.

Ten people are reported to have been injured, five seriously.

The exact circumstances remain unclear, but the incident comes only a day after pedestrians were run down in Dijon.

The driver of that vehicle screamed "God is great" in Arabic. On Saturday, a man using the same phrase was shot dead by police after attacking them.

Earlier on Monday, French President Francois Hollande called for vigilance after Saturday and Sunday's attacks, and urged the public not to panic.

The series of attacks have left France baffled, the BBC's Lucy Williamson in Paris reports.

None of the three men involved in the attacks has so far been found to have any radical religious links, but there is real anxiety here about the number of French citizens drawn to violent Islamist groups, and the risk they could pose at home, our correspondent adds.
'No religious link'
Monday's van attack in the western French city took place at about 19:00 local time (18:00 GMT).

According to initial reports, the van drove towards a stall selling hot wine.

One of the traders at the market told local newspaper Presse Ocean: "The white van was speeding towards the customers and onlookers."

After the vehicle came to a halt, the driver stabbed himself several times, causing himself serious injuries, a source close to the investigation told AFP news agency.
The reasons for the attack were not clear, the source said, adding: "As things stand, we have no account pointing to any religious demands."
The Christmas market was evacuated and cordoned off by police. A bomb disposal unit was brought in to inspect the van.
Weekend attacks
On Sunday, a driver screaming "God is great" in Arabic ran down pedestrians in Dijon, injuring 11, two seriously.
The man was arrested after targeting pedestrians in five different parts of the city in the space of half an hour.
The prosecutor in Dijon said the attacker had a long history of mental illness and the incident was not linked to terrorism.
In Saturday's incident, a man stabbed three police officers in the city of Tours before being shot dead.
Anti-terrorism investigators have opened an inquiry into that attack.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-30583390

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 24 Dec 2014, 5:33 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1397057/glasgow-woman-saw-daughter-and-parents-killed

It just doesn't bear thinking about what this woman saw and how she will cope.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Mon 29 Dec 2014, 10:37 am

I read a few days ago that there were 2 other workers in the lorry with the driver, why did one of them not pull the handbrake? Also, less than 24hrs after the crash, the workers were called in for training on what to do in an emergency?
IMO

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 29 Dec 2014, 11:04 am

I wondered about the other two people as well.

No doubt it will all come out at the inquest.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Mon 29 Dec 2014, 11:13 am

It is strange, I haven't even read about them being taken to hospital, just that they were in the lorry scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 05 Feb 2015, 3:59 pm

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/glasgow-bin-lorry-driver-thinks-of-crash-victims-%e2%80%98every-minute-of-every-day%e2%80%99/ar-AA90Ibw?ocid=mailsignoutmd

It seems that the report about two other people in the cab was incorrect. There's no mention of them here anyway.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 08 Aug 2015, 9:17 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-33819607

It transpires that the driver was unfit to be at the wheel.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterMac Mon 10 Aug 2015, 3:23 pm

There is talk of prosecuting him for failing to declare his previous bouts of loss of consciousness whilst at the wheel.
PeterMac
PeterMac

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 10 Aug 2015, 3:26 pm

Imagine having to live with this on your conscience.

It still hasn't been confirmed as far as I know if there were other people in the cab with him at the time.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  kylie Mon 10 Aug 2015, 3:47 pm

Freedom wrote:Imagine having to live with this on your conscience.

It still hasn't been confirmed as far as I know if there were other people in the cab with him at the time.

There were 2 other men in the lorry they said they could'nt get to the handbrake as they had seatbelts on.Why did'nt they just unclip the seatbelts then? Bizarre.
kylie
kylie

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 10 Aug 2015, 10:20 pm

Perhaps it all happened so quickly that they just didn't have time to react.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  kylie Mon 10 Aug 2015, 10:51 pm

Their response would have been slow probably due to the shock of what was happening.
kylie
kylie

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Tue 11 Aug 2015, 12:36 am

As a professional driver myself I have strong feelings about this and can't say I have any sympathy for the man.

It is shocking to me that he hasn't faced any charges over this even though he lied on his medicals. He reapplied for his HGV four months after the crash against medical advice. I assume there is nothing to stop him getting it back and he's driving around on a car licence right now.

He comes across to me as the type of bloke that can't be told he can't do something even when a danger to others.

It is ridiculous when you can kill and injure multiple people after lying about medical conditions and not be breaking any law yet, for e.g. sitting in a stationary car in a lay-by with the engine running while on a mobile is.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  kylie Tue 11 Aug 2015, 12:51 am

I did'nt know he reapplied for his H.G.V again so he kills 6 people and injures others and he wants to get back behind the wheel knowing the same thing could happen.

He does'nt deserve to be walking the streets.
kylie
kylie

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Tue 11 Aug 2015, 12:57 am

Yes, Kylie. http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/glasgow-bin-lorry-driver-harry-6228955

Pretty damn shocking and a kick in the teeth to the victims and families. Especially has he hasn't been prosecuted.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  kylie Tue 11 Aug 2015, 1:33 am

What a disgrace,the families should take out a private prosecution against him.
kylie
kylie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 11 Aug 2015, 10:23 am

kylie wrote:I did'nt know he reapplied for his H.G.V again so he kills 6 people and injures others and he wants to get back behind the wheel knowing the same thing could happen.

He does'nt deserve to be walking the streets.

He's only applied for it, there's no saying that the DVLA will give it to him. For starters, he will have to undergo a medical test, like every HGV applicant, and it is going to be kind of hard for him to hide his medical history now. I'm not sure this is even true. I think it's maybe just a shock tactic to make up a juicy story and sell papers.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next