MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hollie Greig case

+3
Antonia
poppyfox
Mimi
7 posters

Go down

The Hollie Greig case Empty The Hollie Greig case

Post  Freedom Sat 10 Jan 2015, 11:08 am

Mention is being made of this case elsewhere so I thought that it merits its own topic.

I haven't yet heard all of this broadcast but what I have listened to reflects my own views entirely.

http://wideshut.co.uk/hollie-greig-hoax/

P.S. I have now heard it all. It isn't only McCann supporters who can't debate sensibly, instead offering abuse, sarcasm and insults. Those who believe Hollie's mother are just as bad! I have encountered some on CMOMM and they had to be banned for their abuse and libellous comments.

It was interesting to hear Mark Daly's version of events. He is a BBC reporter who was considering making a programme about the case. He backed out of it and of course according to Anne Greig and her supporters, it was because he was threatened by the powers that be what would happen if he went ahead.

The truth was simply that he quickly realised that there was nothing to substantiate the story.

Anne Greig is clearly not well and deserves sympathy, not condemnation.

It is difficult to be as charitable about her supporters though.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

The Hollie Greig case Empty Re: The Hollie Greig case

Post  Mimi Sun 11 Jan 2015, 12:32 am

I found the Win and Sylvia video convincing - they come across as genuine ladies. That video is probably on the Hollie Greig Hoax website.

Robert Green came across as such a nellie saying he will not answer Daly`s questions until he has apologised to a lady - when Daly had only repeated his findings !

I`ve often wondered if Brian Gerrish at UK Column still believes RG - surely he can`t - maybe too risky to go back on his support.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 11 Jan 2015, 1:36 am

The H G Hoax website doesn't seem to be available at the moment but this is I think the interview to which Mimi refers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgLiF07zGmY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuQpEVLiuJs

I have no problem in admitting that I fell for this hoax hook, line and sinker when I first heard about it. I can't recall what first made me think that it might not be what it seemed but I know that I definitely realised when I saw an interview with Hollie and her mother on TV.

It was pitifully obvious that Hollie had little, if any, understanding of what was being said. Anne claimed that Hollie's father threatened to kill her dogs if she told anyone about being abused. Hollie was asked if she thought he would do that and she said no. Anne had to rush in and claim that Hollie did think that he would.

That part of the interview starts at about 2.55 here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwPsUafWuTw
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 11 Jan 2015, 2:17 pm

Initially, I too was taken in, but it was when the list kept growing and growing of Hollie's alleged abusers, until it seemed that half of Scotland was involved, that I started to think about it. I also have friends in the Aberdeen area who I believe to be honest, respectable people and their opinion was that not only was it a pack of lies, but the immense damage it caused to individuals was truly appalling, with people being named as having been abused, who hadn't even been born at the time the alleged offences took place, as well as innocent people named as abusers.

Then I realised that if this abuse had been happening since Hollie was 6 years old, how the heck did her caregivers not notice any signs and finally, when I saw just how undeveloped Hollie's speech and mental ability was, it was clear she would have been totally unable to vocalise any of these claims without a lot of prompting.

Presently, Anne Greig has been warned by Flintshire Social Services that if she parades Hollie around making these accusations, then they will remove Hollie from her care, which of course led me to the ultimate opinion that if there was some big cover up and threats etc to Anne, then surely they would just have removed Hollie from her care years ago, yet Hollie has remained with her mother all of this time as it was deemed to be in Hollie's best interests, which says to me that they want what is best for Hollie, not to use her as an object to be sexually abused.

But now that this topic has been posted, I fully expect Anne's supporters to join up and post endless links to Robert Green's work and generally be abusive and nasty, so this is my one and only post on this subject as the Justice for Hollie supporters are, I would say almost worst than the Kate and Gerry supporters

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 11 Jan 2015, 5:08 pm

Certainly the supporters I have encountered are on a level with the worst of the McCann groupies but you never know, there might be some who can debate sensibly and they would be welcome here.

Flying pig alert!
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  poppyfox Mon 26 Jan 2015, 10:29 pm

I also admit I believed the Hollie Greig abuse conspiracy for a long time and now find it unbelievable that this hoax is still going. I truly feel sorry for all accused of these awful lies. i don't understand Robert Green's motives behind this fraud.
poppyfox
poppyfox

Back to top Go down

The Hollie Greig case Empty Update from the Hollie Greig Hoax group

Post  Freedom Sat 07 Mar 2015, 8:29 am

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hollie-Greig-Hoax/447674168687059?fref=nf

The advice not to discuss the case in his own living room is a little OTT I think!

AT LAST ROBERT GREEN ADMITS TO THE LIES

Aberdeen Sheriff Court, 4th March 2015.
On Thursday afternoon, George Robert Green, after four years of campaigning, slandering and libeling innocent people, admitted to the court and its audience that what he had done was wrong, he also conceded that his actions over the years had caused much pain and damage to innocent peoples lives.

It was ruled that Robert is not to utter the words Hollie Greig or talk about the case for the rest of his life, which is some small comfort to the falsely accused HOWEVER Robert Green KNEW before he ever went to trial that the story was fabricated and he was peddling lies. He thrived on the attention and notoriety and kept his campaign and court appearances going as long as possible to create publicity and a constant stream of donations via Belinda McKenzie and her online donate buttons.
How are Green and McKenzie going to account for all the donations falsely accrued in Hollies name?
Robert used the Scottish court system and Scottish taxpayers money for his own publicity while willfully cuckolding the Scottish people.

Robert’s defense counsel appealed to Sheriff Taylor and begged for leniency, citing Robert’s advanced age and his angina as reasons he should not receive a further prison sentence.
Much was made of his heart condition although the Sheriff did point out that the medication prescribed to Mr. Green was a very low dose.
The Sheriff reiterated the seriousness of Robert’s crimes, and made sure that Robert understood that under no circumstances was he to talk or write about the case, online or anywhere in the public domain, even discussing it in his own living room “would not be advisable.” Mr. Green had been previously ordered to hand over the passwords for his blog to police for it to be dismantled, the sheriff pointed out in no uncertain terms that if he was seen to be campaigning, discussing, publishing, or asking others to publish for him he would immediately be taken back to prison.
Taking all these facts into account the Sheriff sentenced Robert to 250 hours community payback.

The Hollie Greig Hoax Group
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia Sat 07 Mar 2015, 8:53 am

Does anyone know much about his career prior to this? had he done good investigative work? I'd really like to understand his motivation. Did he initially believe and then he began to doubt and it would have then been professionally damaging to change sides?
Antonia
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 07 Mar 2015, 8:59 am

Perhaps it was a case of, having gone so far, he just didn't have the courage to stand up and admit he'd been taken for a fool.

I wonder if that applies to any McCann supporters?

I know that he used to work as a travel agent but that's about all, I haven't heard of any previous campaigns.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB Tue 04 Apr 2017, 9:20 am

His MP seems to be supportive of him and, regardless of whether he's right or wrong, its very disturbing that the Scottish government can brand him a terrorist and have google remove his site. Just what is it that they're so scared of if he's the hoaxer that people here seem to believe? (The link is to a UK Column feature that was 'broadcast' yesterday)

[url=[/url]
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  unreorganised Tue 04 Apr 2017, 9:32 am

Don't drag me down another rabbit hole, I'm supposed to be chopping veg!
unreorganised
unreorganised

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB Tue 04 Apr 2017, 9:55 am

Very Happy

Yeah, I started looking into it a bit more but recoiled - there's enough mess in my head already
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 04 Apr 2017, 10:00 am

It will be interesting to see Google's reply/explanation - if they ever give one, that is. (at approx 25:00 mins).

Keep us posted, AndyB.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 04 Apr 2017, 11:59 am

I'll watch the video when my computer stops going into meltdown.

My impression of Robert Green is that he is a gullible mug, not a hoaxer.

At the moment I'm 100% convinced that Hollie's mother has made everything up but I'm always prepared to listen to new evidence if it comes to light.

P.S. I've now seen the video.

If the blog was still posting libellous comments about people who in Anne Greig's disturbed mind had abused her daughter, it's not surprising that it was taken down.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Tue 04 Apr 2017, 4:33 pm

A reminder of the interview (starting at 2.55) which convinced me that Hollie could not have knowingly named people who supposedly had abused her.

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Tue 04 Apr 2017, 5:39 pm

I could never understand why Brian Gerrish believed Robert Green - always thought RG came across as a bit of a wally but kept an open mind ... until I saw the interview with Sylvia Major and Wyn Dragon-Smith. They come across more plausible to me than RG. But I don`t know why Hollie`s website would be taken down - it sounds rather dodgy when the Scottish Government have asked Google to take it down. Let`s hope Brian Gerrish gets a satisfactory reply from Google.

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 05 Apr 2017, 10:49 am

As I mentioned before, there would be good reason to do so if the blog still contained libellous comments.

That interview with poor Hollie is an eye-opener. This is the person on whom the whole yarn is based - she is claimed to have told of people who abused her and the places where this happened going back to when she was 6 years old.

It is obvious that she doesn't understand much of what is said to her. When she answered a question to which the expected answer was "yes" with "no", her mother butted in and said "yes".

Apparently Anne Greig does not have a recognised mental disorder so therefore in my opinion she is fully responsible for her awful actions.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 03 May 2017, 10:08 am

Mark Daly has been mentioned elsewhere so I'll put this 2012 news story up as his name is there in the reporters section.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13062006.One_devastating_fantasy__the_impact_of_an_internet_scandal/
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Mon 04 Sep 2017, 12:03 pm

In tribute to Anna Raccoon, here is her blog about the case in 2010.

https://holliegreigetc.wordpress.com/tag/anna-raccoon/
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 11 Apr 2019, 12:36 pm

Sonia Poulton has posted on Facebook that Robert Green died yesterday.

"This isn't going to be long, I just need to acknowledge the passing of campaigner Robert Green.

If you knew anything about this man you would know that he cared deeply about the safety and protection of children.

Robert Green was defamed, attacked, imprisoned and relentlessly pursued for asking very serious questions about institutional child abuse.

I will fondly remember all his telephone conversations, and there were many over the years, and I am proud and honoured to have known him.

I am grateful that he is in Paedophiles in Parliament. It can be found here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnZiDxkwgrU

Robert, Rest in the Peace, my friend, thank you. You will be missed. x"
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down