MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sir Cliff Richard

+21
PMR
joyce1938
Hope
Bloodhound
costello
Satsuma
Rosa canina
chirpyinsect
Heisenburg
Guinea Pig
Hellsbells
Bampots
bluebell
Walt
Mimi
AndyB
Lioned
Andrew
Châtelaine
margaret
candyfloss
25 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Sir Cliff Richard - Page 3 Empty Re: Sir Cliff Richard

Post  Satsuma Fri 13 May 2016, 10:17 pm

And so would I,  but you only have to look at the case of Adam Johnson to see that isn't the case
And others in recent years - several of whom were found not guilty.  Many secrets came out in court and gleefully reported by an eager press
If the CPS decide to prosecute, their case will be ripped to shreds and there is no chance of CR being found guilty, but he will still be trashed
What a "lovely" country  we live in these days (yes, sarcasm this time,  but not against anyone on the forum therefore perfectly within the rules)
Satsuma
Satsuma

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 16 Jun 2016, 11:48 am

UK prosecutors say singer Cliff Richard will not face sex crime charges

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-3644444/UK-prosecutors-say-singer-Cliff-Richard-not-face-sex-crime-charges.html

LONDON, June 16 (Reuters) - Singer Cliff Richard, one of Britain's best-known entertainers, will not face criminal charges over alleged historical sex crimes because there is insufficient evidence, British prosecutors said on Thursday.

Britain's Crown Prosecution Service was handed a file of evidence by police in May relating to allegations against Richard, 75.

"The CPS has carefully reviewed evidence relating to claims of non-recent sexual offences dating between 1958 and 1983 made by four men," said Martin Goldman, Chief Crown Prosecutor for Yorkshire and Humberside.

"We have decided that there is insufficient evidence to prosecute."

Richard, who always denied any wrongdoing, has never been arrested but twice voluntarily met officers from South Yorkshire Police after it launched an inquiry in 2014.

The first interview took place after police raided his home in August 2014 when he was on holiday. The search was filmed by the BBC after the broadcaster was given advance warning.

That raid led to criticism from lawmakers who described the co-operation between the police and the BBC as "inept" and causing "irreparable damage" to the singer's reputation.

Richard, born Harry Webb in 1940 and who was called Britain's Elvis Presley early in his career, has had 14 No. 1 singles in Britain.

He is the only singer to have topped the UK singles chart in five consecutive decades, from the 50s to the 90s, and was knighted by Queen Elizabeth in 1995.

With his backing group The Shadows, Richard was one of Britain's most successful performers in the pre-Beatles era of the late 1950s and early 1960s. His early hits include "Summer Holiday" and "Living Doll." (Reporting by Michael Holden, editing by Estelle Shirbon)

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Thu 16 Jun 2016, 12:31 pm

There is a world of difference between being cleared of something to there being insufficient evidence to prosecute.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 16 Jun 2016, 12:41 pm

I agree with that.

However, in this case, if all the evidence was on a par with the crackpot story that he roller skated into a shop and molested a child in there, I am not surprised that the investigation has been closed.

Surely, speaking generally, if someone was of that persuasion, would they have stopped in recent years? There would be victims from the present day coming forward whose stories could possibly be substantiated.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 09 Jul 2016, 10:32 pm

He is suing the BBC for £1 million!

Sir Cliff Richard - Page 3 Cm81LscW8AAnaFk

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat 09 Jul 2016, 10:44 pm

No smoke without fire.

Personally I don't think he's innocent as such.

Just not enough mud to stick a long time after.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodhound Sat 09 Jul 2016, 11:33 pm

Freedom wrote:I agree with that.

However, in this case, if all the evidence was on a par with the crackpot story that he roller skated into a shop and molested a child in there, I am not surprised that the investigation has been closed.

Surely, speaking generally, if someone was of that persuasion, would they have stopped in recent years? There would be victims from the present day coming forward whose stories could possibly be substantiated.

These days they have ways to molest children without ever being found out, drugs is one example. The elite have ways and means.

Victims of child abuse (historic) make very bad witnesses, simply because their lives have been destroyed, lots of them end up being prostitutes, serving time, drug abuse, can't hold a job or a relationship etc. They get mixed up in the exact dates, times, places etc of the abuse and are torn to shreds if the alleged abuser is in any way famous. This is a great help to the alleged abuser.

Cliff Richard was allegedly a member of elm guest house, even if that's not true, he was friends with some very shifty characters, the Krays and Saville to name but two.
Why would a good Christian God fearing man have anything to do with other paedophiles?

I was a big fan of his, I use to dream about marrying him Laughing

Gives me the shivers now.
Bloodhound
Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sun 10 Jul 2016, 9:46 am

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodhound Sun 10 Jul 2016, 10:35 am

Sounds like he thought he shouldn't have been investigated at all. affraid
Bloodhound
Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope Sun 10 Jul 2016, 11:12 am

Legally what the BBC did was absolutely crazy. Their lawyers had too know that.

So why do it?   Maybe a smokescreen to protect Mr Webb?  Any evidence found maybe tainted and it could be argued inadmissible in court?

Maybe worried there maybe items found that could implicate other BBC people?

Either way they had to know their actions could make the search illegal, IMO.
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Sir Cliff Richard - Page 3 Empty Re:Sir Cliff Richard: Police inquiry updates.

Post  costello Sun 10 Jul 2016, 11:26 am

I thought it was a smokescreen to protect him from the start Hope. Too much at stake here in my opinion, 'can of worms'. I can't see this BBC suing issue going much further either, no doubt part of the plan, again just my thoughts.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Hope Sun 10 Jul 2016, 11:33 am

I agree,would nt be surprised to see an 'apology' and a 'substantial' donation to unnamed 'charity' by the Beeb.

All boxes ticked, move on.

Again IMO.
Hope
Hope

Back to top Go down

Post  Bloodhound Sun 10 Jul 2016, 11:36 am

And if it's not all a smokescreen and he does follow through to sue I can see a lot more titbits about Cliff hitting the Internet. Cliff and the BBC go way back.

But it might be a smokescreen of a different angle, like to scare other news outlets from ever doing this kind of thing with other accused members of the elite. The BBC might hand him a little pre agreed amount.

Me thinks this happened with one of the McCanns law suits with Murdoch.
Bloodhound
Bloodhound

Back to top Go down

Post  joyce1938 Sun 10 Jul 2016, 2:20 pm

This is just to be sure Hope , did you get my last private mail with e mail on ?joyce
joyce1938
joyce1938

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 22 Jul 2016, 9:39 pm

Interesting story (it is The Mail though) about one of Cliff's accusers being infamous in his own right.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3646240/Sir-Cliff-Richard-s-accuser-one-Britain-s-worst-serial-rapists.html
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 31 Aug 2016, 8:06 am

Oh goodness, they are now re-considering the decision not to prosecute..

Challenge to decision not to prosecute Sir Cliff Richard in abuse case

The decision not to press charges in the abuse case against Sir Cliff Richard is being reviewed.

The singer was the subject of a long-running South Yorkshire Police investigation which centred on sexual assault accusations dating between 1958 and 1983 made by four men.

Officers investigating allegations of historical sex offences were filmed searching his apartment in Berkshire in 2014, leading to him being publicly named as the subject of the probe.

The 75-year-old was never arrested or charged and his case was discontinued by the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) in June on the grounds of insufficient evidence.

But at the beginning of August an application under the victims' right to review scheme was lodged by an accuser - challenging the decision by the CPS not to pursue a case against Sir Cliff.

The process allows an alleged victim, within three months of the original decision, to call for it to be reviewed.

It is understood a lawyer will look at the evidence before deciding to uphold or overturn the original decision made by the CPS.
A spokesman for the CPS confirmed they have received an application under the victims' right to review scheme over the decision made in relation to the star.
He added: "It is ongoing."
After the investigation was brought to a close in June, Sir Cliff said he was "thrilled".
"I have always maintained my innocence, co-operated fully with the investigation, and cannot understand why it has taken so long to get to this point," he said.
"Nevertheless, I am obviously thrilled that the vile accusations and the resulting investigation have finally been brought to a close."
The singer, actor and TV star has enjoyed a remarkable career spanning 57 years.
Britain's greatest solo hit-maker, his output of hundreds of singles and albums is unlikely to be equalled, let alone surpassed.
Sir Cliff's greatest hits include chart-toppers such as The Young Ones, Living Doll, Summer Holiday, We Don't Talk Anymore and 1988 Christmas number one Mistletoe And Wine.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/challenge-to-decision-not-to-prosecute-sir-cliff-richard-in-abuse-case

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 31 Aug 2016, 8:48 am

I was reading this story a few days ago about Cliff as well.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/bbc-tell-cliff-richard-wont-8719274
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Wed 31 Aug 2016, 9:19 am

Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 02 Sep 2016, 9:52 pm

Tomorrow's paper

Sir Cliff Richard - Page 3 CrYCQCfXYAEBPPx

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat 03 Sep 2016, 9:25 am

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Sat 03 Sep 2016, 3:03 pm

I wonder if the alleged victim will not be broken either.
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Sat 03 Sep 2016, 5:05 pm

This is from Andrew's latest link.

Sounds so familiar, I remember The Mirror stating that the McCanns had "been cleared" by the Portuguese police.

It is unreasonable to expect someone with his profile and age to have to wait for justice to be done when he has already been cleared once.

Back to top Go down

Post  Châtelaine Sat 03 Sep 2016, 5:32 pm

He wasn't cleared. There wasn't enough evidence for the Crown to prosecute.
Like in the "other" case ... which has been widely discussed for more than 9 years now.
Châtelaine
Châtelaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Satsuma Sat 03 Sep 2016, 6:27 pm

Châtelaine wrote:There wasn't enough evidence for the Crown to prosecute.

Put more correctly, and without the CPS  spin, there was no evidence. If there had been, it would have led to a prosecution.  You can't have "not enough" evidence or "insufficient" evidence. Evidence is evidence

What they really mean is that they found  nothing that implied, let alone proved, Cliff's "guilt". I wish they would be honest enough to say that

Last edited by Satsuma on Sat 03 Sep 2016, 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Satsuma
Satsuma

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum