Child sexual assault in South Yorkshire

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Child sexual assault in South Yorkshire

Post  bluebell on Thu 12 Mar 2015, 6:10 pm

BBC NewsUK http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31852118

Sheffield victim: 'The men who exploited me got away with it'
22 minutes ago
An investigation by BBC News has discovered that South Yorkshire Police knew that hundreds of girls were at risk of ongoing sexual abuse in Sheffield but failed to investigate many allegations.
Reports and documents obtained by the BBC, as well as interviews with former officers, show how the force ended investigations into child sexual exploitation and ignored intelligence that girls as young as 12 were being raped and physically assaulted.
This is the story of one woman who was sexually exploited as a teenager in Sheffield. Her perpetrators were never brought to justice. She later got help from the Golddigger Trust and spoke to BBC producer, Vanessa Clark

Anyone else just listened to Radio 4 News at 5 ?
Dear God, how dreadful this is.  
It was reported that burglaries etc. took priority over what was known about child sexual exploitation.
Who is to blame here?  It seems from what I heard that it would be the superiors in the Force that dismissed/ignored what was known, and their
subordinates did what they were told.
I am so, so, angry about this.  How helpless is it possible to feel.
Perhaps this isn't for discussion here, but I wanted to rant about it anyway.       Sad

Last edited by bluebell on Thu 12 Mar 2015, 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link)

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top