Missing People news

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Missing People news

Post  Freedom on Tue 17 Mar 2015, 8:26 am

http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/latest-news/516-charity-asks-the-nation-to-stop-for-a-cup-of-tea-and-help-missing-people.html

No mention of their infamous ambassador which makes a pleasant change.

"I would like to thank Verdi for asking for support from our 7,679 members and the four of you who have posted to do just that."
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia on Tue 17 Mar 2015, 10:30 am

But she is still an 'ambassador'. Checked the website and there are 9 ambassadors, three of whom I have heard of other than the fragrant Kate.
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Fri 06 Nov 2015, 5:50 pm

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Kate+McCann/Fiona+Phillips/Missing+People+Charity+Event/CNqxniS_NpF

Kate and her dim friend Fiona at a charity event yesterday.

"I would like to thank Verdi for asking for support from our 7,679 members and the four of you who have posted to do just that."
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Out on the town with Dim Friend Fiona...

Post  Rosa canina on Fri 06 Nov 2015, 7:46 pm

Thank you for that link, Freedom - I am not a fan of Dim Fiona, either.

Here she is looking smirky-perky :

Dentistry on show :

Kate's looking a bit rounded in the tum to me and what about those hot pink fingernails...

...a memory of the colour of madeleine/missing people at her fingertips...?

My thoughts only.
Rosa canina

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots on Sat 07 Nov 2015, 12:36 am

https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/get-involved/home-for-christmas-2015/653-about-the-home-for-christmas-appeal.html

This photograph was at a fundraiser for MP. It raised 100k. It costs 20,000 a week to run the phone line 24hrs a week........

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia on Sat 07 Nov 2015, 10:36 am

If it costs £20,000 pw to run the phoneline that is £1,040,000 per year.  If you divide that by €25,000 estimated salary including employer costs that means they have 41.6 people manning that their phoneline!  Now I have no idea what the costs of the calls are - is it a free for the family /friends of the missing person to report the disappearance? Or does the caller incur the cost?  maybe the staff manning the line are paid much more. Even allowing for this, and reducing the estimate for staff on this line, it seems excessive for a line that surely can't be ringing non stop?
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Sat 07 Nov 2015, 11:02 am

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2013/12/ofcom-makes-uk-calls-0800-116-numbers-free.html

116 numbers are free to call from the U K. I presume that this applies to mobiles now as well; the link is from nearly 2 years ago.

I don't how much the charity pays for the line or how many staff are needed to man it but £20,000.00 a week certainly sounds like a lot to keep it going.

Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Antonia on Sat 07 Nov 2015, 11:21 am

I'm wondering how many people the McCanns have manning their Investigation Line 44 845 838 4699. And what does it cost to ring this no? Does Kate ever answer it?
Antonia

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Sat 07 Nov 2015, 2:54 pm

Assuming it's the same as numbers beginning 0845, here are the charges.

https://www.gov.uk/call-charges

Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Sat 07 Nov 2015, 10:01 pm

Just seen Kate (the other one) on front of Sunday Telegraph tomorrow, has she been borrowing Kate's dress Smile

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie on Thu 19 May 2016, 7:33 am

Here, I read across the way that the mcs requested to be removed from missing people abroad (I think that's the name)!?! Now why would they do that?

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Thu 19 May 2016, 8:28 am

Dipped in to have a look but can't see anything.. Do you know the exact name of said organisation....
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie on Thu 19 May 2016, 8:35 am

The threads called missing people collaborates with missing abroad charity.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Thu 19 May 2016, 9:37 am

This topic do you mean?

http://jillhavern.forumotion.net/t12849-missing-people-collaborates-with-missing-abroad-charity

This isn't new though, there was an earlier topic about it a few years ago.

Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie on Thu 19 May 2016, 9:46 am

Yep Freedom, that's the one, I never knew they asked to be removed though, mad.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Thu 19 May 2016, 11:51 am

If I'm thinking of the relevant earlier topic on CMoMM, there was a big kerfuffle over an e-mail between a member there and someone at Missing People Abroad being posted on the forum without the permission of the latter.

Freedom

Back to top Go down

'Hope' - The McSong

Post  Andrew on Fri 20 May 2016, 8:35 am

http://www.itv.com/news/central/2016-05-20/parents-of-missing-madeleine-mccanns-help-promote-charity-single-for-missing-people/

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccann-ben-needham-feature-8010388

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/516858/Madeleine-McCann-Maddie-Ben-Needham-missing-children-Britain-UK-Simon-Cowell-JK-Rowling

Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 20 May 2016, 8:57 am

Snipped:

They also want to reach more of the 140,000 children who disappear every year.

That's 383 children every day. (that's a lot of children)

Just looked to see how many of those 383 are reported missing today.....

None.

(the song is actually called 'I hope')

I hope that Madeleine gets justice very soon and those accountable are punished.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 20 May 2016, 9:23 am

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Missing-People-Choir-Voice-Friends/dp/B01EXR1CZC

£1.38 - if anybody is inclined to buy it.

2p of that goes to Chesney and the rest fills the coffers of all who work at 'Missing People'.... Salaries as otherwise known.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Fri 20 May 2016, 10:28 am

Good song.

With the McCann farce/sham aside, then I sincerely hope it has an impact on finding genuine missing people.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  gbwales on Sat 21 May 2016, 10:18 am

Andrew wrote:Snipped:

They also want to reach more of the 140,000 children who disappear every year.

That's 383 children every day. (that's a lot of children)

Very emotive figures - I wonder if there's some kind of genuinely 'progressed' figure for how many of these are found safely within hours, or days etc - so that a more 'rationalised' scale of the missing is clear. Or are they actually saying that those 140,000 per annum are never seen again?
gbwales

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Sat 21 May 2016, 10:36 am

Ridiculous statistics. 

Presumably it includes pre-teens who are reported missing but are found quickly and teenagers who have disappeared of their own accord.

Freedom

Back to top Go down

International Missing Children's Day

Post  Andrew on Tue 24 May 2016, 8:58 am

Starts at Midnight tonight.

Didn't actually realise it's been going on for years....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Missing_Children%27s_Day

http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/get-involved/join-the-big-tweet-2015.html?showall=&limitstart=

Get involved with The Big Tweet 2016
Join Missing People and celebrities like JK Rowling and Simon Cowell on Twitter this International Missing Children’s Day.

The Big Tweet for Missing Children is an online event held by Missing People every year on International Missing Children’s Day, 25 May.

For 24 hours, we tweet a different appeal for a missing child every half hour from @missingpeople, encouraging #TeamBigTweet to retweet the appeals. Our aim is to bring missing children to safety and end the heartache for families desperate for news of their missing loved one as well as drawing attention to the 140,000 children and young people who go missing every year in the UK.

Now in its 5th year, The Big Tweet has a history of building huge momentum throughout the month of May, culminating in over 95,000 retweets and over 26 million impressions on Twitter last year. Since The Big Tweet 2015, 19 of the children featured in appeals have been found.

Take part in 2016

If you have a Twitter account, you can take part. All you have to do to take part in the Big Tweet is follow Missing People on @missingpeople, look out for the hashtags #FindEveryChild and #TeamBigTweet on 25 May 2016 and retweet as many appeals for missing children as you can.

Ben Needham Retweeted
Missing People ‏@missingpeople 1h1 hour ago
Yes the Big Tweet starts at midnight tonight @FindBenNeedham #FindEveryChild #TeamBigTweet

Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew on Tue 24 May 2016, 9:40 am

So apparently this 'big tweet' helped find 19 children out of the appeals last year.... (couldn't find any proof of that but well done if that's the case).

So just had a look at their website to see which children they are are specifically appealing to for this year....

Couldn't find any but here's a list of all the people they are actively promoting/searching for:

http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/help-us-find.html

Average age about 40 at a glance.

So in reality these 140,000 missing children each year (which I've now noticed has been changed to 'Adults and Children') probably consist of 99.9% adults who basically just want to start a new life elsewhere.

Can someone point out to me, since last year how many children have actually gone missing and are still missing please?

Cheers.
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  PMR on Tue 24 May 2016, 10:15 am

Freedom wrote:Ridiculous statistics. 

Presumably it includes pre-teens who are reported missing but are found quickly and teenagers who have disappeared of their own accord.

Really ridiculous statistics only a very small proportion of those will be 'genuine '. All areas have their repeaters teenagers who go missing several times a week and affect the figures disproportionately
PMR

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top