MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing People news

+27
niklasericson
bluebell
seahorse
PMR
gbwales
Satsuma
chirpyinsect
joyce1938
Popcorn
dogs don't lie
Guinea Pig
Dee Coy
froggy
chrissie
hesla
TheTruthWillOut
Inca
Admin
Heisenburg
Bampots
Rosa canina
Andrew
costello
Poe
candyfloss
Antonia
Freedom
31 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Missing People news - Page 6 Empty Re: Missing People news

Post  Andrew Fri 20 May 2016, 10:28 am

Good song.

With the McCann farce/sham aside, then I sincerely hope it has an impact on finding genuine missing people.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  gbwales Sat 21 May 2016, 10:18 am

Andrew wrote:Snipped:

They also want to reach more of the 140,000 children who disappear every year.

That's 383 children every day. (that's a lot of children)

Very emotive figures - I wonder if there's some kind of genuinely 'progressed' figure for how many of these are found safely within hours, or days etc - so that a more 'rationalised' scale of the missing is clear. Or are they actually saying that those 140,000 per annum are never seen again?
gbwales
gbwales

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 21 May 2016, 10:36 am

Ridiculous statistics. 

Presumably it includes pre-teens who are reported missing but are found quickly and teenagers who have disappeared of their own accord.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Missing People news - Page 6 Empty International Missing Children's Day

Post  Andrew Tue 24 May 2016, 8:58 am

Starts at Midnight tonight.

Didn't actually realise it's been going on for years....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Missing_Children%27s_Day

http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/get-involved/join-the-big-tweet-2015.html?showall=&limitstart=

Get involved with The Big Tweet 2016
Join Missing People and celebrities like JK Rowling and Simon Cowell on Twitter this International Missing Children’s Day.

The Big Tweet for Missing Children is an online event held by Missing People every year on International Missing Children’s Day, 25 May.

For 24 hours, we tweet a different appeal for a missing child every half hour from @missingpeople, encouraging #TeamBigTweet to retweet the appeals. Our aim is to bring missing children to safety and end the heartache for families desperate for news of their missing loved one as well as drawing attention to the 140,000 children and young people who go missing every year in the UK.

Now in its 5th year, The Big Tweet has a history of building huge momentum throughout the month of May, culminating in over 95,000 retweets and over 26 million impressions on Twitter last year. Since The Big Tweet 2015, 19 of the children featured in appeals have been found.

Take part in 2016

If you have a Twitter account, you can take part. All you have to do to take part in the Big Tweet is follow Missing People on @missingpeople, look out for the hashtags #FindEveryChild and #TeamBigTweet on 25 May 2016 and retweet as many appeals for missing children as you can.

Ben Needham Retweeted
Missing People ‏@missingpeople 1h1 hour ago
Yes the Big Tweet starts at midnight tonight @FindBenNeedham #FindEveryChild #TeamBigTweet

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 24 May 2016, 9:40 am

So apparently this 'big tweet' helped find 19 children out of the appeals last year.... (couldn't find any proof of that but well done if that's the case).

So just had a look at their website to see which children they are are specifically appealing to for this year....

Couldn't find any but here's a list of all the people they are actively promoting/searching for:

http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/help-us-find.html

Average age about 40 at a glance.

So in reality these 140,000 missing children each year (which I've now noticed has been changed to 'Adults and Children') probably consist of 99.9% adults who basically just want to start a new life elsewhere.

Can someone point out to me, since last year how many children have actually gone missing and are still missing please?

Cheers.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  PMR Tue 24 May 2016, 10:15 am

Freedom wrote:Ridiculous statistics. 

Presumably it includes pre-teens who are reported missing but are found quickly and teenagers who have disappeared of their own accord.

Really ridiculous statistics only a very small proportion of those will be 'genuine '. All areas have their repeaters teenagers who go missing several times a week and affect the figures disproportionately
PMR
PMR

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Tue 24 May 2016, 10:33 am

Does it not speak volumes that the poster children who are wheeled out in appeals/promotions by Missing people are the same ones over and over. Isay this not to diminish these children but to highlight how rare these event are. But to keep some very hefty wage bills going you have to keep the money coming.

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 24 May 2016, 10:35 am

Absolutely - couldn't agree more.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 25 May 2016, 8:37 am

Ignore my post from a few mins ago. Yes it still directs you to his e-mail. For whatever reason before when tried it was blank.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 25 May 2016, 9:06 am

Sonia Poulton ‏@SoniaPoulton 12m12 minutes ago
#internationalmissingchildrensday Sadly, Missing People limits social network reach by blocking those who question Ambassador choice #mccann
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 25 May 2016, 9:28 am

Haha - good find, Chirps.

So anyway, all this hoo-ha about 'International Missing Children' day and I still can't find a list of the actual children (not adults) that are missing.

Do they not want them found or something. scratch
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 25 May 2016, 10:03 am

Found 2 children that Missing People are promoting on there live twitter feed so far and asking the public to help...

A 16 year old youth who went missing last week.

And Katrice Lee who went missing in 1981.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 25 May 2016, 10:13 am

As I have said before, the case of Katrice Lee intrigues me. There was as far as I recall absolutely no media coverage in the U K. Ben Needham's disappearance was by comparison adequately reported. 

As the mother of a then 3 year old who was in the habit of wandering away in supermarkets, I would have shivered if I'd heard about the case at the time.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 25 May 2016, 10:55 am

Don't know much about the Katrice Lee case. Just had a quick read on wiki about it. Tragic.

2 more missing children advertised....

Another 16 year old youth who went missing 2 weeks ago now.

And Andrew Gosden who was 14 at the time and disappeared under very strange circumstances.

Absolutely no mention of Madeleine McCann as yet.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 25 May 2016, 12:44 pm

Another 2 are up..

A 16 year old lass who went missing in London several months back.

And Ben Needham.

Still nothing on Madeleine or Tony Bennett as yet.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 25 May 2016, 4:11 pm

A quick look in and they're scraping the barrel a bit now.....

The latest one, a 17 year old girl who went missing 3 days ago.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  seahorse Wed 25 May 2016, 4:36 pm

Freedom wrote:As I have said before, the case of Katrice Lee intrigues me. There was as far as I recall absolutely no media coverage in the U K. Ben Needham's disappearance was by comparison adequately reported. 

As the mother of a then 3 year old who was in the habit of wandering away in supermarkets, I would have shivered if I'd heard about the case at the time.

Katrice Lee's family were badly let down imo. The German police and the British military couldn't agree on who should lead the investigation. That cost them valuable time. There were no border controls or roadblocks put into place immediately. NAAFI staff weren't interviewed until 6 weeks later.

A new RMP investigation called Operation Bute has been opened, but this case is hardly publicised.
seahorse
seahorse

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Wed 25 May 2016, 4:46 pm

Jo youle (missing people)on Sky news. Very brief mention of Ben then flew past Maddy with a mention of name only then zilch. This is a four minute interview and no mention of the McCann and heavy emphasis on the need to help all children not just high profile. Jo youle does look like a professional cheese baller. I think they are lifting the profile above team McCann.....the start of a separation. I'm sure they must have felt some negative vibes.

Sky 16.38 pm ish 25/05/16

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Missing People news - Page 6 Empty International translations...

Post  Rosa canina Wed 25 May 2016, 4:59 pm

Hello Bampots -

Please may I know what is a 'cheese baller'?

Something akin to a 'grin and bear it' character?

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 25 May 2016, 5:29 pm

That's interesting, Bampots, that the Mc's have appeared to have been given a swerve.

When last looked an hour ago or whenever it was, there was no mention of Madeleine at all. Tweets going off every min but all day, zilch about Madeleine.

There was a tweet from a police force (can't remember which one) that was backing 'missing child' day and it had a picture of a police dog (Eddie/Keela lookalike), Missing people said what a lovely photo or something similar. I thought, I bet ambassador Kate did'nt think so.

Is she even still an ambassador I wonder...
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Wed 25 May 2016, 5:29 pm

Bampots wrote:Jo youle (missing people)on Sky news. Very brief mention of Ben then flew past Maddy with a mention of name only then zilch. This is a four minute interview and no mention of the McCann and heavy emphasis on the need to help all children not just high profile. Jo youle does look like a professional cheese baller. I think they are lifting the profile above team McCann.....the start of a separation. I'm sure they must have felt some negative vibes.

Sky 16.38 pm ish 25/05/16

Sorry Bampots, didn't see this.   I'm just curious, could you precis what Jo Youle was speaking of?   Was this interview (4 mins  Rolling Eyes)  introduced as a specific topic?   Was it just a possible advertising donation spot?   I really would like to know WHY this was aired, any observations?  TIA

ETA - Just seen Andrew's post and I didn't know it was "Missing Child Day" which answers my questions.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Wed 25 May 2016, 5:32 pm

It was a term I and my friends used over thirty years ago and I still indulge in! Don't know if anyone else uses it maybe others will say. While at college I worked in a restaurant and my boss would go round his customers with a cheesy grin having cheesy conversations and we would call it "cheese balling" if he was in a particularly sychophantic mood we would say he was "cream cheesing" purile fun but I love the term!

You have indeed answered your question bluebell

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 25 May 2016, 7:35 pm

Another look in and Madeleine was indeed mentioned. About an hour ago.

Just awaiting news on Tony now.

No appeal and can't see #socks trending on twitter as yet.

Will keep a look out.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 26 May 2016, 11:07 pm

.... all fizzled out very quickly, and swept up even quicker.

Not entirely sure what the big promotion was all about..

Mix up some historic cases with a few 16 year old youths who are staying at there mates by the looks.

Either or... it's about getting more money in the coffers.

People connected on decent salaries remember.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next