MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Missing People news

+27
niklasericson
bluebell
seahorse
PMR
gbwales
Satsuma
chirpyinsect
joyce1938
Popcorn
dogs don't lie
Guinea Pig
Dee Coy
froggy
chrissie
hesla
TheTruthWillOut
Inca
Admin
Heisenburg
Bampots
Rosa canina
Andrew
costello
Poe
candyfloss
Antonia
Freedom
31 posters

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Missing People news - Page 3 Empty Re: Missing People news

Post  poster Fri 26 Feb 2016, 1:40 pm

It makes me sick to the core that this woman stands next to Coral Jones and purports to be some kind of 'ambassador' for missing children.

What is ironic, imo, is that I doubt an 'alert' system would have done anything to save either child.

April Jones got into the car of a man she knew well - there were family connections - who went on to murder her. Statistically, children are much more likely to be harmed by someone they know and trust.
(Deleted accusation not fact)

I doubt an alert system would have 'saved' either of them.

What is so stupid is that it would be so much better to focus on educating people about how to detect any kind of abuse in a child - emotional/psychological/sexual/physical. And then ensuring that they get the protection they need.

This crude 'alert' system - the PR is just awful - strikes me as a cheap publicity stunt and I doubt it will achieve much.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Fri 26 Feb 2016, 1:42 pm

Inca wrote:So how was this award decided I am wondering.  Voting by a panel or members of the public or just one person deciding this should happen?  Anyone know how this works scratch

Quite so. Why on earth would KM get an award?
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 26 Feb 2016, 1:43 pm

I think it was probably quickly cobbled together after they saw all the reaction caused by the KH article.

Err lets make an award up and give it to Kate. And make sure you stick a photo of it in the Sun.

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Fri 26 Feb 2016, 1:46 pm

Has anyone on here contacted Missing People and complained about the association with Kate McCann? I haven't yet but I think I will because I just find it so disgusting.

There is a Missing People charity shop not far from where I live and what I find astonishing is that they only take cash!! They don't even hand out receipts.....

Deleted

poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 26 Feb 2016, 1:48 pm

Andrew wrote:I think it was probably quickly cobbled together after they saw all the reaction caused by the KH article.

Err lets make an award up and give it to Kate. And make sure you stick a photo of it in the Sun.

There was no photo just old stock photos of Kate and Madeleine.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Fri 26 Feb 2016, 1:55 pm

My mistake. Probably will be in tomorrow's edition though!
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 26 Feb 2016, 1:59 pm

So have the Sun misspelt the name or is it this same person SW who is connected with Child Rescue Alert......

JillyCL ‏@JillyCL · 32 mins32 minutes ago

From July last year: 'Child Rescue Alert at Stobo' #StephenWinyard #McCann #MissingPeople
http://www.peeblesshirenews.com/news/13591084.Child_Rescue_Alert_at_Stobo/

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 26 Feb 2016, 2:01 pm

I hadn't know this either, from the Sun article...

[b]snipped

Bob Geldof is co-founder of Groupcall, which provides the technology behind Child Rescue Alert.[/
b]

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Fri 26 Feb 2016, 2:35 pm

The article is in the Sun and written by the McCanns' pet journalist Antonella Lazzeri but it doesn't look like it has been picked up by any other major newspaper online. It certainly isn't on the Daily Mail's website.

Interestingly, I found an article published today on the Mirror's site about met police still working despite criminal convictions. It comes under the UK News - Madeleine McCann section: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/102-officers-still-working-metropolitan-7447302

Perhaps the McCanns are at panic stations - spinning frantically in the hope that some of it sticks.

Still no sign of Gerry in all of this.

Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Fri 26 Feb 2016, 2:36 pm

textusa........thoughts on award from today........

has anyone heard of this award? Was anyone aware that this gala took place?

It seems this award was created in 2015, as announced in the Peeblesshire News on July 21 2015, in their article “Child Rescue Alert at Stobo”:
“A COUPLE who launched a worldwide search for their missing daughter visited Peeblesshire to promote a new child rescue alert system.
 Kate and Gerry McCann were among a group of 30 guests and supporters of UK charity Missing People at Stobo Castle for the first Child Rescue Alert dinner in Scotland.
 Their daughter Madeleine went missing on a family holiday in Portugal eight years ago.
 The local event was hosted by Stobo owner Stephen Winyard who is also a patron of the Child Rescue Alert system which is managed by the charity.
 The Child Rescue Alert system, which is a partnership between CEOP, a command of the National Crime Agency, the charity Missing People and Groupcall, offers vital, rapid public outreach when a child is known to have been abducted or their life is believed to be at immediate risk.”
If this award is the best reaction the other side has to offer then someone on that camp should rethink their current strategy.
 Or maybe the strength of their ammo is indeed running out.

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  chrissie Fri 26 Feb 2016, 3:02 pm

Poe wrote:Inside the BT Tower:

The award photos look like they were taken in the Houses of Parliament.

I've also googled previous winners of the Stephen Wynard Award and, while there are plenty of other Stephen xxx and Steven xxx awards, I can't find this award under any variation of the spelling. It's almost as if they've made it all up Rolling Eyes

I would agree with you that it's more likely to be the Houses of Parliament. I went there with my son who was collecting an award and it looks familiar.
chrissie
chrissie

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Fri 26 Feb 2016, 3:45 pm

Poe wrote:The article is in the Sun and written by the McCanns' pet journalist Antonella Lazzeri but it doesn't look like it has been picked up by any other major newspaper online. It certainly isn't on the Daily Mail's website.

Interestingly, I found an article published today on the Mirror's site about met police still working despite criminal convictions. It comes under the UK News - Madeleine McCann section: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/102-officers-still-working-metropolitan-7447302

Perhaps the McCanns are at panic stations - spinning frantically in the hope that some of it sticks.

Still no sign of Gerry in all of this.

------

Yes indeed. I suspect the pair might no longer be glued to each other's sides. I find it of interest that Geldolf is allowing himself to be involved in this.

Deleted not really relevant.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Fri 26 Feb 2016, 4:08 pm

Admin wrote:
Andrew wrote:There is a picture on twitter of Kate, Coral and some chap. So it appears it did take place or conveniently staged.

No pic in the Sun though, just old icon pic of Madeleine and pic of KM.  You would think there would be a photo?  Most odd.

Just looked at a copy of the physical Sun and the article is tiny and at the bottom of page 21 under the headline of "Salute To Mums". The old pics of KM and Madeleine are reserved for the online Sun.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Fri 26 Feb 2016, 5:09 pm

candyfloss wrote:I hadn't know this either, from the Sun article...

[b]snipped

Bob Geldof is co-founder of Groupcall, which provides the technology behind Child Rescue Alert.[/
b]

------

Geldof's role in this is a curiosity. I have long found him highly creepy and the fact that he is prepared to hitch his name to this band-wagon does nothing to restore my faith in him. I strongly suggest that anyone interested uncovering this whole scam, imo, - and indeed other scams - does a bit of internet sleuthing around Geldolf.

I am not so sure that his daughter Peaches' death is entirely unrelated to this case.

Everywhere you look there seems to be sleaze. affraid

poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 26 Feb 2016, 5:15 pm

You may well be right about the sleaze but it will take a lot to convince me that the death of Peaches Geldof was due to anything other than an accidental overdose.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Missing People news - Page 3 Empty Re:Kate and Coral.

Post  costello Fri 26 Feb 2016, 6:15 pm

I have to be honest here, I have never liked nor had any time for Bob Geldof. He should have had the insight into where all the 'Bandaid' money would have ended up, as it was only a fraction of the money reached its cause. I worked in the music industry in the early 80's and he was deemed 'so intelligent' and caring. Why he was ever knighted is beyond me. Just my opinion as ever.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Fri 26 Feb 2016, 10:31 pm

Freedom wrote:You may well be right about the sleaze but it will take a lot to convince me that the death of Peaches Geldof was due to anything other than an accidental overdose.

---

I thought that too. But then I did a bit of digging around Geldof and it really is quite extraordinary how the scent of death follows him around (rather like CM...). There was a very bitter divorce indeed between him and Yates and I think he was a man 'scorned'.

Not making any particular insinuations here, just saying I think there is more to Peaches death than meets the eye. A lot more, imo.

The deaths of Yates and Hutchence might also bear some scrutiny, imo.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 26 Feb 2016, 10:44 pm

Personally I think that Michael Hutchence's death was an accident and not suicide and Paula was the same as Peaches, an accidental overdose.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Fri 26 Feb 2016, 10:45 pm

costello wrote:I have to be honest here, I have never liked nor had any time for Bob Geldof. He should have had the insight into where all the 'Bandaid' money would have ended up, as it was only a fraction of the money reached its cause. I worked in the music industry in the early 80's and he was deemed 'so intelligent' and caring. Why he was ever knighted is beyond me. Just my opinion as ever.

---

Agree his band was pretty rubbish and he was broke before the Bandaid stuff.

Still, you have to hand it to him, the 'Do they know it's Christmas' song and campaign was extraordinarily powerful.

Did you know him when you worked in the music industry? Although I don't think I have ever met him I do know quite a few people who did know him socially. Plus also people who have worked with him.

I just never got a good vibe about him.

Perhaps his intentions initially were good but I think unfortunately power and money do end up corrupting.

I have to say that these days he looks crazy. I also think it's a bit 'off' announcing his engagement to his girlfriend so soon after the death of one of his daughters. I mean he's been with her for a zillion years - surely the last thing on his mind after the tragic and untimely death of one of his daughters would be to start thinking about a wedding?

And, imo, he was not
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 26 Feb 2016, 10:54 pm

Let's keep to the award topic now please - no more about the Geldof family.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Fri 26 Feb 2016, 10:55 pm

I have just seen some of the comments at the bottom of the article Shocked

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  poster Fri 26 Feb 2016, 10:59 pm

Freedom wrote:Personally I think that Michael Hutchence's death was an accident and not suicide and Paula was the same as Peaches, an accidental overdose.

Certainly quite possible of course. But that's an awful lot of dead people floating around Geldof.

Also, Peaches was clearly a very doting mother. Even if she planned on overdosing (or did it by accident) I do not believe she would have done it when one of her children was present. That does not make sense.

If she was going to go on a bender I think she would have done it when both children were elsewhere -with their father when he was at his parents' house, say, with both children.

Peaches had started working as a writer on one of those 'mother and baby' magazines and had been interviewed talking about 'attachment parenting'. I just don't believe that she would have taken an overdose while looking after one (or both) of her children.

Yates also struck me as quite a doting mother. Yes, she got into a boozy, drug-fuelled relationship with Hutchence but we know that on the very night of Hutchence's death he (Hutchence) had been in telephone communication with Geldof and was, apparently 'begging' Geldof to allow Yates' daughters to come to Australia. That is not the action of a man who doesn't give a damn about Yates or her children. Nor is it the backdrop for a man to indulge in some 'homo-erotic' stuff which is what was reported.  What a nonsensical suggestion - and it also has the advantage of slurring Hutchence's name and reputation.
His family did not agree with the coroner's verdict and neither did Yates.

Post Freedom Today at 10:54 pm

Let's keep to the award topic now please - no more about the Geldof family.
poster
poster

Back to top Go down

Missing People news - Page 3 Empty Everyone's a winner...

Post  Rosa canina Fri 26 Feb 2016, 11:59 pm

Back to top Go down

Missing People news - Page 3 Empty Come round for Coffey...

Post  Rosa canina Sat 27 Feb 2016, 2:24 am

TheTruthWillOut wrote:
Bampots wrote:any member of the public hire these rooms then? Does it need a member of parliament to do it? Or is Kate just special....

Not sure if anyone can just hire it but it seems to be advertised for use for Weddings/Civil Partnerships, Bampots: http://www.parliament.uk/visiting/venue-hire/weddings/

£1,000 plus VAT.

http://anncoffeymp.com/sign-up-for-child-rescue-alert-and-save-lives/

Back to top Go down

Missing People news - Page 3 Empty Win-win all round...

Post  Rosa canina Sat 27 Feb 2016, 4:28 am

canada12 wrote:Oooh! What's the best way to drum up publicity for our charity? Oh! I know! We'll invent an award and give it to someone who already does publicity for us and then people will think it's something prestigious and worthy when it's really just another PR event.

What about giving the award to someone who isn't related to our charity...?

Nah.

Missing People news - Page 3 <a href=Missing People news - Page 3 Opo_zpsxiagzc2z

No show without Punch...! Lady Meyer in Chanel and Geldof dressed up as a bruise.

http://www.childabduction.org.uk/

Last edited by Rosa canina on Sat 27 Feb 2016, 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding link.)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next