MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Operation Grange

+46
niklasericson
Mimi
candyfloss
Freedom
unreorganised
Satsuma
Rosa canina
KathyBelle
JohnnyH
Ferrino
dannii
chrissie
mumof6
poster
What's_up_doc?
Bloodhound
espeland
Helenmeg
froggy
Inca
Mo
pennylane
joyce1938
AndyB
Admin
Connie
kylie
Bubblewrapped
JJ
Thetruth
PeterMac
Scrants
Cristobell
Ixta
gbwales
Antonia
TheTruthWillOut
Bampots
Châtelaine
dogs don't lie
Poe
chirpyinsect
Andrew
costello
Poppy
bluebell
50 posters

Page 26 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next

Go down

Operation Grange - Page 26 Empty Re: Operation Grange

Post  candyfloss Tue 25 Apr 2017, 7:09 pm

Andrew managed to copy it before it was pulled so here it is again..

Andrew wrote:Will stick this article here as well that has just come out:

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/madeleine-mccann-hunt-police-pursuing-significant-line-of-inquiry-ten-years-on-1-8510401

Madeleine McCann hunt police ‘pursuing significant line of inquiry’ ten years on
09:54Tuesday 25 April 2017

British detectives working on the Madeleine McCann case are still pursuing “critical” leads as the 10th anniversary of her disappearance approaches, a Scotland Yard chief has revealed.

Metropolitan Police Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley said there are “significant investigative avenues” that are of “great interest” to both the UK and Portuguese teams.

Officers have sifted through some 40,000 documents and looked at more than 600 individuals since 2011.

In an interview nearly a decade on from the youngster’s disappearance, Mr Rowley also confirmed that four people considered as possible suspects in 2013 have been ruled out.

Madeleine vanished from the family’s holiday apartment in Praia da Luz in Portugal on May 3 2007 when she was three years old.

Her parents, Kate and Gerry McCann, of Rothley, Leicestershire, have vowed to “never give up” hope of finding their daughter.

Asked if police were any closer to solving the case than they were six years ago when the UK investigation was launched, Mr Rowley said: “I know we have a significant line of inquiry which is worth pursuing, and because it’s worth pursuing it could provide an answer, but until we’ve gone through it I won’t know whether we are going to get there or not.

“Ourselves and the Portuguese are doing a critical piece of work and we don’t want to spoil it by putting titbits of information out publicly.”

He declined to expand on the nature of the working theories or reveal whether any suspects were currently being considered, saying that disclosing further detail would not help the investigation.

Mr Rowley said: “We’ve got some critical lines of inquiry, those link to particular hypotheses, but I’m not going to discuss those because those are very much live investigation.

“We’ve got some thoughts on what we think the most likely explanations might be and we are pursuing those.”

He described the possibility of a “burglary gone wrong” as a “sensible hypothesis” which has not been “entirely ruled out”.

The senior officer was asked about the theory of a sex predator being responsible for Madeleine’s disappearance.

Mr Rowley said: “That’s been one key line of inquiry. The reality is in the modern world in any urban area if you cast your net widely you will find a whole pattern of offences.

“You will find sex offenders who live nearby. And those coincidences need to be sifted out, what’s a coincidence and what may be linked to the investigation that you are currently doing.

“Offences which may be linked have to be looked at and either ruled in or ruled out.”

Mr Rowley said there was still a “lot unknown” in the case, adding: “All the different hypotheses have to remain open.”

Police have looked at more than 600 individuals who were identified as being potentially significant to Madeleine’s disappearance.

In 2013 the team identified four people as suspects in the case. Interviews and searches were carried out but no evidence was found to implicate the four in the disappearance.

Mr Rowley said they are no longer the subject of further investigation and have been ruled out of the inquiry.

Meanwhile, police working on the case continue to receive information on a daily basis.

Mr Rowley said: “Thousands of pieces of information have come forward, some useful, some not, but amongst that have been some nuggets that have thrown some extra light on the original material that came from the time.

“That’s one of the things that’s helped us make progress and have some critical lines of inquiry we want to pursue today.”

Mr Rowley said there was no “definitive evidence” as to whether Madeleine is alive or dead.

He added: “That’s why we describe it as a missing person inquiry. We understand why, after this many years, people will be pessimistic, but it’s important we keep an open mind.”

The officer added that however Madeleine left the apartment, she was abducted.

“She wasn’t old enough to make a decision to set off and start her own life,” he said.

The assistant commissioner pledged that the investigation team will do all they can to provide an answer for Madeleine’s parents.

He said: “I so wish I could say we will definitely solve it but a small number of cases sadly don’t get solved.

“What I’ve always said on this case, and I’ve said it to Kate and Gerry as well, we will do everything reasonably possible to try and find an answer.

“I just can’t quite guarantee it. It always hurts that you can’t guarantee success but we will do everything we reasonably can do to try and get there.”

Around 30 detectives were working on the UK probe, Operation Grange, when it was established in 2011. The team has now been scaled back to four detectives.

Last month the Home Office confirmed £85,000 was being given to the inquiry to cover operational costs from April to September. More than £11 million has been spent on the inquiry so far.

Mr Rowley insisted the investigation has achieved “an awful lot”.

He said: “I think people get seduced perhaps by what they see in TV dramas where the most complex cases are solved in 30 minutes or 60 minutes. What we started with here was something extraordinary.

“We’ve achieved a complete understanding of it all. We’ve sifted out many of the potential suspects, many of the people of interest and where we are today is with a much smaller team focused on a small number of remaining critical lines of inquiry that we think are significant.”

Asked about the cost of the investigation, he said: “Big cases can take a lot of resources and a lot of time.

“We’ve tried to be careful about public money and as we’ve started with that massive sifting we’ve reduced the number of resources and the funding’s reduced accordingly.

“But we will stick with it as long as the funding’s available and as long as there are sensible lines of inquiry to pursue.”

ends

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Tue 25 Apr 2017, 7:15 pm

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 25 Apr 2017, 7:21 pm

I used to do a lot of business with the Y.E.P/Johnston Press and can tell you now they are useless. And that's being kind.

So what was all that about on the news then earlier?
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 25 Apr 2017, 7:28 pm

You can watch ITV News again on ITV+1 at 7.30.

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Tue 25 Apr 2017, 7:31 pm

On the BBC news at 6pm the reporter said there would be more from OG on the 10pm news
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 25 Apr 2017, 7:33 pm

.... I can't as I'm out having a meal and on phone.

Just wanted a summary, but I'm sure I'll see something later on when back.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Tue 25 Apr 2017, 7:43 pm

Mo wrote:On the BBC news at 6pm the reporter said there would be more from OG on the 10pm news

Interesting...OG leaving it late so as to avoid the rags printing spin/crap in tomorrows editions?
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  espeland Tue 25 Apr 2017, 7:51 pm

TheTruthWillOut wrote:
Mo wrote:On the BBC news at 6pm the reporter said there would be more from OG on the 10pm news

Interesting...OG leaving it late so as to avoid the rags printing spin/crap in tomorrows editions?

If it's on TV at 10pm, there'll be time to include it in the morning papers' later editions. And it would be stupid for any paper to print spin/crap on a SY statement - at least spin/crap such as they have been doing for years.
espeland
espeland

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Tue 25 Apr 2017, 7:57 pm

espeland wrote:
TheTruthWillOut wrote:

If it's on TV at 10pm, there'll be time to include it in the morning papers' later editions. And it would be stupid for any paper to print spin/crap on a SY statement - at least spin/crap such as they have been doing for years.

Well from what I've read the last few days at least 95% of what has come from the papers/docs/commentators has been crap/spin. I would have thought if SY had anything of substance to say they would want it to go out at peak time i.e early evening news not late at night.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  Mo Tue 25 Apr 2017, 8:09 pm

The one thing that sticks in the back of my mind is when Ex DCI Redwood said that they had a better understanding of what was going on? I think KM said the same, OG have a better understanding of what was going on??  The thing is, what was going on? Is it a better understanding of their checks on the kids, PJ, another occurance I don't know.
Mo
Mo

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Tue 25 Apr 2017, 8:47 pm

Andrew wrote:
costello wrote:
Andrew wrote:... same person having a rant about the dogs on twitter as well. Because she only saw the 2:

N.M‏ @AdirenM  11m11 minutes ago
More
Replying to @1matthewwright1 @NettyCox and 3 others
NO, I saw only 2 dogs, if anyone is saying that there were 4, why should I care? There could have been 20. Fact it was OG worthless. #Mccann

2 other dogs working secretly out of the media spotlight doesn't equate to worthless for me.

Hi Andrew this is a follow up tweet from Adiren.

N.M‏
@AdirenM

Follow
More
Replying to @NettyCox @JBLittlemore and 3 others
The dogs were only taken to the places that Redwood contracted Televisions to film. It was a PR operation.
#McCann

Hiya. Yes, I've seen that (and others).

She didn't know there were 4 dogs in operation though as she only saw the 2.

The point being she has absolutely no idea what they were up to.
I still think it just as likely the dogs worked in shifts it was high summer after all.
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 25 Apr 2017, 8:58 pm

There must be a reason for a 10pm release of information - in the past newsworthy info was released so it could be carried by early evening newscasts and regular daily printed editions of the papers. Late night info release would make it into the morning editions and morning newscasts. But now we have the internet and 24 hour news, as well as 24 hour news channels, so deadlines have become somewhat meaningless.

Though if the information is important and it's released late like this, it might have the effect of causing certain people to have an extremely unsettled and sleepless night....

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Tue 25 Apr 2017, 9:03 pm

Sky news just reported that the met said the four arguidos have been ruled out.
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  froggy Tue 25 Apr 2017, 9:06 pm

Were these the alleged burglars or someone else? I forget.

All this time and effort and apparently nothing to show for it.
froggy
froggy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Tue 25 Apr 2017, 9:10 pm

Yeah, on Sky news Breaking banner at the bottom of the screen. Basically it looks like the interview with the police chief published earlier by the YEP. So they did break the embargo and that's why the story was pulled.

Not a massive bombshell - no wonder Sonia told us not to get excited. 

Question remains, though, what are these final critical lines of enquiry? Has the core of the onion been reached?

Back to top Go down

Post  Heisenburg Tue 25 Apr 2017, 9:13 pm

Dee Coy wrote:Yeah, on Sky news Breaking banner at the bottom of the screen. Basically it looks like the interview with the police chief published earlier by the YEP. So they did break the embargo and that's why the story was pulled.

Not a massive bombshell - no wonder Sonia told us not to get excited. 

Question remains, though, what are these final critical lines of enquiry? Has the core of the onion been reached?
Hogan How's told us there was one line of enquiry,who is economical with the truth here.
Heisenburg
Heisenburg

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 25 Apr 2017, 9:14 pm

Locking this for now thread in Lates news otherwise we will be talking on different threads.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 04 May 2017, 11:43 am

I will put this here rather than 10th Anniversary thread so it will remind us as we have nothing here re Colin Sutton's brave claim..

Operation Grange - Page 26 C--eSl6VoAIAzKg

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 04 May 2017, 12:12 pm

In answer to PMR on the other thread, re the Op Grange Investigation and the article I just posted above.  The Op Grange 'remit' ceased after a year and became a full blown investigation reopened by the PJ as well.  I do not believe the remit covers the newly reopened investigation, imo...  Someone has helpfully posted the remit up on twitter..

Operation Grange - Page 26 C--jsr8XcAAlCMv

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Thu 04 May 2017, 12:51 pm

That's pretty shocking from CS Neutral I wonder when he was told this? Haven't had the time to keep up with all this news due to new job but I'm doing my best, there's just so much!

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 04 May 2017, 1:00 pm

dogs don't lie wrote:That's pretty shocking from CS Neutral  I wonder when he was told this? Haven't had the time to keep up with all this news due to new job but I'm doing my best, there's just so much!

He was allegedly told this back in 2010 when Op Grange started I believe, long time ago.  I think things have changed and the remit was concluded and a full investigation ordered, so the remit statement would be imo defunct.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Thu 04 May 2017, 1:02 pm

candyfloss wrote:
dogs don't lie wrote:That's pretty shocking from CS Neutral  I wonder when he was told this? Haven't had the time to keep up with all this news due to new job but I'm doing my best, there's just so much!

He was allegedly told this back in 2010 when Op Grange started I believe, long time ago.  I think things have changed and the remit was concluded and a full investigation ordered, so the remit statement would be imo defunct.

Excellent candyfloss, that's what I was hoping for Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Thu 04 May 2017, 1:06 pm

dogs don't lie wrote:
candyfloss wrote:

Excellent candyfloss, that's what I was hoping for Very Happy
What is puzzling is why all this now?  CS has obviously know this for years, why now, and what has changed to make him say this.  Something is off with this somewhere, Pat Brown finds it odd too.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 04 May 2017, 1:22 pm

It would be good if Colin Sutton popped back on CMoMM to explain a bit more but the way he was treated on there then there's a cat in hells chance of that happening now.

Similar to the other ex-copper, PeterMac, who won't touch that place with a barge-pole anymore.

Sad really.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 04 May 2017, 1:32 pm

Colin Sutton‏ @colinsutton 2h2 hours ago
Replying to @spudgun01 @walkercan1000 @TheGavofWar
Nobody ordered me to find McCanns innocent as Mail put it.I was advised I wouldn't have freedom to investigate everybody & every possibility
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next