Operation Grange

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Operation Grange

Post  Mimi on Wed 27 Sep 2017, 9:26 pm

Just thought this bit sounds as though he`s preparing everyone for disappointment

"Right now we are committed to taking the current inquiry as far as we possibly can and we are confident that will happen. Ultimately this, and the previous work, gives all of us the very best chance of getting the answers – although we must, of course, remember that no investigation can guarantee to provide a definitive conclusion.

Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  espeland on Wed 27 Sep 2017, 10:57 pm

Look on the bright side - if OG closes then the time will be right for Sonia to release her film Smile

espeland

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu 28 Sep 2017, 7:50 am

espeland wrote:
Look on the bright side - if OG closes then the time will be right for Sonia to release her film Smile

Yes, because it's far more important for us to see Sonia's film, that can only be based on info that is already out there, than it is for the police to conclude this case and bring the perpetrators to justice.

I don't see that as a 'bright side'. I see it as more of the same.

Because if Sonia's film is to be so damning she would have given the evidence to the police so that OG wouldn't need to close.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom on Thu 28 Sep 2017, 8:28 am

I think that espeland's comment was likely to have been made tongue in cheek.
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  espeland on Thu 28 Sep 2017, 8:48 am

purple ronnie wrote:
espeland wrote:

Yes, because it's far more important for us to see Sonia's film, that can only be based on info that is already out there, than it is for the police to conclude this case and bring the perpetrators to justice.

I don't see that as a 'bright side'. I see it as more of the same.

Because if Sonia's film is to be so damning she would have given the evidence to the police so that OG wouldn't need to close.

It's not more of the same at all. If OG closes, it shows IMO that the police don't want to bring the perpetrators to justice. Sonia, with her experience, will have extracted information which undoubtedly is already known to the police, but not known to the public.
espeland

Back to top Go down

Post  poster on Thu 28 Sep 2017, 10:19 am

Realistically there must be a huge amount of material that has not been made public. It is a fact that some of the most important witness statements were not in the PJ files. If Dr Amaral is right and Madeleine died that week and the parents covered it up and faked an abduction then logically you would expect some of the holiday makers or staff to have noticed some suspicious behaviour.

Robert Murat is of course an incredibly important witness. He was on the scene early on and was privy to early eye-witness statements. Neighbour Pamela Fenn heard something suspicious. Fellow holiday-maker Nigel Foster from Southampton noticed something suspicious and spoke to the TM group.

I think that staff and nannies at OC that week would have seen and heard things. The TM children are also really important witnesses.

There must be so much more information out there, imo. I have to say I would not want to be in TM's shoes. I think the Mc downfall was insisting in the enquiry - back in 2011 was it? If they had just put their heads down I think interest would have waned. Their hubris was their downfall, imo, as is so often the case.
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe on Thu 28 Sep 2017, 11:36 am

@ poster, I'm not convinced that TM did request an enquiry. It seems more likely to me that they got wind of the planned review and started making noise so that it looked like it was being done at their insistence. The time span between the McCann demands and the announcement of the enquiry was very short.

As far as OG goes, I think that the best the McCanns can hope for now is for it to be shelved. That doesn't exonerate them and the Portuguese court ruling that they haven't been proven innocent means that they are in a worse position now than they were when OG started.

Whatever happens, the McCanns won't be riding off into the sunset, proven blameless, to live happily ever after.

Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  poster on Thu 28 Sep 2017, 12:07 pm

Yes that sounds more likely. Rather like Kate in her book claiming they invited social services over after their return from Portugal.

I agree they are in a worse position now than before. What is noteworthy though is the sound of silence emanating from TM HQ. No more cosy chats with Lorraine or quotes from sources close to them that they are 'buoyed' by developments. Family members too are also keeping heads under the paraphet. The 'troll dossier' backfired big time, imo.

It will be interesting to see what OG come up with. How I would love to see TM on the witness stand under cross-examination but I assume a deal was struck a long time ago.
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Helenmeg on Thu 28 Sep 2017, 12:57 pm

In which case over £11 Million has just been wasted....
Helenmeg

Back to top Go down

Post  poster on Thu 28 Sep 2017, 1:20 pm

Helenmeg wrote:In which case over £11 Million has just been wasted....

Yes indeed and the fund was a fraud if Dr Amaral's theory is correct.

How much money has been spent on the Ben Needham case I wonder?

It's interesting that at the time the Mcs were made arguidos police were focusing on a period of 6 hours on Thursday afternoon. This is a very similar time frame to the Needham case as Ben was last seen at lunchtime but was not reported as missing until the evening which would be a period of around 6 hours.
poster

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss on Thu 28 Sep 2017, 4:28 pm

Locking this one for a while as Grange has been granted extra funds so new thread in Latest news started.

Please carry on here on this new thread..

http://maddiemccannmystery.forumotion.co.uk/t2094-operation-grange-to-continue-extra-funding-granted

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 30 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30

View previous topic View next topic Back to top