MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BREAKING NEWS - Goncalo loses libel/damages trial and must pay damages

+38
chris
Popcorn
PeterMac
Thetruth
AndyB
Curiouser
Poppy
mabossa ritchie
Inca
Chop Suey on Toast
Rufus T
poppyfox
Meteor
margaret
Scrants
anny
hesla
Dee Coy
dogs don't lie
Bampots
Antonia
bluebell
dantezebu
bellisa
Châtelaine
TheTruthWillOut
Burst
Poe
chirpyinsect
Mimi
Freedom
Cristobell
Admin
Mo
Andrew
chrissie
costello
candyfloss
42 posters

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

BREAKING NEWS - Goncalo loses libel/damages trial and must pay damages - Page 8 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Goncalo loses libel/damages trial and must pay damages

Post  Guest Wed 29 Apr 2015, 8:35 am

Speaking today, their Portuguese lawyer Isabel Duarte said: “It was never about the money. It was about stopping awful lies being printed, which hindered the search for Madeleine.”

Why sue for one million then , so if it is just about the lies why take the money now, if they do get it give it to charity.  Wonder if we will get a statement from Dr Amaral and his views on this..

Last edited by candyfloss on Wed 29 Apr 2015, 12:57 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : edited to alter spelling of Amaral)

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS - Goncalo loses libel/damages trial and must pay damages - Page 8 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Goncalo loses libel/damages trial and must pay damages

Post  Guest Wed 29 Apr 2015, 8:42 am

https://www.facebook.com/groups/HiDeHoCONTROVERSYofMadeleineMcCann/permalink/469071919915969/

UPDATE 2

It has been brought to our attention that British journalists ARE in possession of some documentation that contains a decision. As far as we can make out, this decision is 'real'.

HOWEVER

A few things worth noting:

In Portugal there is a judicial network/ system used for legal decisions like this. This system is called CITIUS.

Once documents go into this network, the documents are left with particular markings in the corner.

We are informed that The documents distributed by Mccanns' representatives do not contain these official Marks.
As it stands right now, we can only conclude that these were obtained through irregular methods.

Mr Amaral and his lawyers were not in receipt of any official documentation and they were unable to view any relevant papers on CITIUS as they did not exist on the network - this was as of last night and we have not been notified of any changes to this at the time of making this post.

No comments can be made by GA or his lawyers until they are in receipt of these official documents from the court and of course, no appeal can be launched.
All related press is one-sided and based on Documents obtained and distributed through McCann representatives via methods unknown, however, not through the normal/official channels ( CITIUS)

We will update you further as soon as we have information.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 29 Apr 2015, 8:48 am

Wow Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 29 Apr 2015, 8:50 am

canada12 wrote:https://www.facebook.com/groups/HiDeHoCONTROVERSYofMadeleineMcCann/permalink/469071919915969/

UPDATE 2

It has been brought to our attention that British journalists ARE in possession of some documentation that contains a decision. As far as we can make out, this decision is 'real'.

HOWEVER

A few things worth noting:

In Portugal there is a judicial network/ system used for legal decisions like this. This system is called CITIUS.

Once documents go into this network, the documents are left with particular markings in the corner.

We are informed that The documents distributed by Mccanns' representatives do not contain these official Marks.
As it stands right now, we can only conclude that these were obtained through irregular methods.

Mr Amaral and his lawyers were not in receipt of any official documentation and they were unable to view any relevant papers on CITIUS as they did not exist on the network - this was as of last night and we have not been notified of any changes to this at the time of making this post.

No comments can be made by GA or his lawyers until they are in receipt of these official documents from the court and of course, no appeal can be launched.
All related press is one-sided and based on Documents obtained and distributed through McCann representatives via methods unknown, however, not through the normal/official channels ( CITIUS)

We will update you further as soon as we have information.

Goodness, what is going on. Shocked

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Wed 29 Apr 2015, 8:56 am

It niggles me that the apparent verdict is the McCanns' full wish list: they won the "libel" case, got the book and film banned and got all of GA's money. It just doesn't ring true especially since no-one else seems to have official notification of the verdict.

I think (hope) that this is just spin, pre-empting the real verdict in the knowledge that any correction to the news reports will be buried under a tsunami of royal baby guff.

It's ironic that the only point they won in the trial itself is that they were subjected to a feeling that neither of them has ever felt in their entire lives - shame.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 29 Apr 2015, 8:56 am

Front pages today...
Cop who tried to frame the McCanns WTF!!
 BREAKING NEWS - Goncalo loses libel/damages trial and must pay damages - Page 8 CDtZAwlWYAAzWZz

BREAKING NEWS - Goncalo loses libel/damages trial and must pay damages - Page 8 CDtO1CeWEAAhmPT

BREAKING NEWS - Goncalo loses libel/damages trial and must pay damages - Page 8 CDtLcNvWIAA3mjm

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:03 am

portugalresident.com/law-court-chaos-“with-no-end-in-sight” - Countdown to collapse: how Portugal has 'lost' 3.5 million legal cases ... Far from being rapid, CITIUS has proved to be the equivalent of a .
.Do they still have problems with this but one side has managed to find out. Question Is it legal.

Last edited by Markus 2 on Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:04 am

A post from Textusa by anonymous,

Last night on the 20H00 news, TVI showed an image of the document and made some quotes from it.
I found this to be very strange because GA«s team said they had not been notified yet.
This morning TVI put on the report again so I freezed the image.
TVI is using a fake document. Repeat, TVI used fake document. I have the pics to prove it!
The doc shown is from 27/03/2015. It's from March!
And where the McCann names should appear it's altered!
What is going on????
Textusa I'll send my mail in a do not publish comment next if you want me to send you the pictures.
Anyone in Portugal who has MEO or TVCabo can go to programções automaticas and confirm this.

29th April 2015 08:50:00
Bampots
Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  Chop Suey on Toast Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:09 am

Actually, the truth is that nothing has ever been proved (or even adequately demonstrated) about what happened to M. So it's still open to debate, and the court verdict doesn't change that. But I'm intrigued that so many posters feel it's acceptable to write a book of this type without that proof

Ok, GA didn't "lie"; the papers are using colourful language to describe an accusation that wasn't backed up by facts, but let's remember that he himself called the book "The Truth of a Lie" (or similar), which was inflammatory to say the least

I can't think of a similar book ever published in the UK while the subjects were still alive, and there's good reason for that
Chop Suey on Toast
Chop Suey on Toast

Back to top Go down

Post  Thetruth Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:13 am

Bampots wrote:A post from Textusa by anonymous,

Last night on the 20H00 news, TVI showed an image of the document and made some quotes from it.
I found this to be very strange because GA«s team said they had not been notified yet.
TVI is using a fake document. Repeat, TVI used fake document. I have the pics to prove it!
What is going on????
Textusa I'll send my mail in a do not publish comment next if you want me to send you the pictures.
Anyone in Portugal who has MEO or TVCabo can go to programções automaticas and confirm this.

A voice from the real world it seems.

What is going on, the poster asks.  Well that is the question.

IMO this is going on..

Announce damages trial result via the honorable British press.
Smear GA as the villain.
Establish or just imply that OG tried so hard, but we're mislead by false information from GA and PJ
Set the scene to abandon OG as it is causing such anguish.
Halt OG
Hold election.

Later, set the scene to close down all hateful and hurtful sites which support the illegal lies...etc

Cover up completed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Chop Suey on Toast Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:15 am

Do you not accept that GA's book is flawed because his version of events couldn't possibly have happened?
Chop Suey on Toast
Chop Suey on Toast

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:19 am

Chop Suey on Toast wrote:Do you not accept that GA's book is flawed because his version of events couldn't possibly have happened?

FFS Chop..No, it's not at all relevant and lets face it, you have no more idea of what actually happened to Madeleine..you've decided on your own theory, that is not the opinion that many people hold, we are all entitled to our opinions and those of us who go with Amaral's theory are not necessarily wrong, just as you are not necessarily right!

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:21 am

susible wrote:
Chop Suey on Toast wrote:Do you not accept that GA's book is flawed because his version of events couldn't possibly have happened?

FFS Chop..No, it's not at all relevant and lets face it, you have no more idea of what actually happened to Madeleine..you've decided on your own theory, that is not the opinion that many people hold, we are all entitled to our opinions and those of us who go with Amaral's theory are not necessarily wrong, just as you are not necessarily right!

I agree, chop suey your are pushing your idea too much.... reminds me of someone else Very Happy   So you don't go with Mr Amaral's ideas, good, we get it, but enough now, it is getting a bit repetitive.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:21 am

Thetruth wrote:
Bampots wrote:A post from Textusa by anonymous,

What is going on????

A voice from the real world it seems.

What is going on, the poster asks.  Well that is the question.

IMO this is going on..

Announce damages trial result via the honorable British press.
Smear GA as the villain.
Establish or just imply that OG tried so hard, but we're mislead by false information from GA and PJ
Set the scene to abandon OG as it is causing such anguish.
Halt OG
Hold election.

Later, set the scene to close down all hateful and hurtful sites which support the illegal lies...etc

Cover up completed.

Seems like it could be the case but only if GA lets it drop, has he any fight left I wonder.

Back to top Go down

Post  Chop Suey on Toast Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:25 am

susible and candy, no you are pushing GA's book far too hard. It's probably wrong, get over it

and of course the accuracy of the book is relevant!

Pushing my theory too hard? Actually, I don't have one. Sorry about that. Everything is still open to debate or it would have been solved by now

Please don't accuse me of sounding like someone else, remember that everyone on here is allowed an opinion?

Last edited by Chop Suey on Toast on Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Chop Suey on Toast
Chop Suey on Toast

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:25 am

Poe wrote:It niggles me that the apparent verdict is the McCanns' full wish list: they won the "libel" case, got the book and film banned and got all of GA's money. It just doesn't ring true especially since no-one else seems to have official notification of the verdict.

I think (hope) that this is just spin, pre-empting the real verdict in the knowledge that any correction to the news reports will be buried under a tsunami of royal baby guff.

It's ironic that the only point they won in the trial itself is that they were subjected to a feeling that neither of them has ever felt in their entire lives - shame.

Certainly the "yes sir, no sir, three bags full sir" nature of the judgement, in a case that most observers believed Amaral had actually WON, goes to demonstrate the extraordinary power that this pair of apparent nobodies seem to exercise over the judiciary of two separate countries. If, as a result, a few more people begin to question exactly why that is then at least something positive will have come out of it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:26 am

candyfloss wrote:

I agree, chop suey your are pushing your idea too much.... reminds me of someone else Very Happy   So you don't go with Mr Amaral's ideas, good, we get it, but enough now, it is getting a bit repetitive.

I agree with CSoT.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:32 am

Chop Suey on Toast wrote:susible and candy, no you are pushing GA's book far too hard. It's probably wrong, get over it

and of course the accuracy of the book is relevant!

Pushing my theory too hard? Actually, I don't have one. Sorry about that. Everything is still open to debate or it would have been solved by now

Please don't accuse me of sounding like someone else, remember that everyone on here is allowed an opinion?

Of course Chop Suey they are, but it does rankle a bit to see the same thing over and over, that is all I am saying, we get it.

As for the accuracy of the book, well, he Goncalo was about as close to the investigation as you can get and from the files, so where is the inaccuracy.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:40 am

If there is any inaccuracy it is their fault because they refused to answer the 48 questions.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:44 am

Everyone entitled to opinion,but sniping in an 'I told you so manner' about the deficiencies of GA helps no one,and appears divisive. If you have facts to share about GA or where he went wrong start a thread and discuss with whoever instead of telling us to get over it!
Bampots
Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:49 am

Chop Suey on Toast wrote:and of course the accuracy of the book is relevant!
In what way? I didn't think the trial wasn't about the accuracy or otherwise of the book and DVD. It was about whether they'd harmed the search

The findings of fact are here:
http://themaddiecasefiles.com/topic24300.html

Last edited by AndyB on Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link to findings of fact)
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 29 Apr 2015, 9:58 am

AndyB wrote:
In what way? I didn't think the trial wasn't about the accuracy or otherwise of the book and DVD. It was about whether they'd harmed the search

The McCanns launched a libel action in 2009 claiming their family had suffered emotional and psychological harm as a result of the claims made in the book. “We want to emphasise that the action was never about money. It was entirely focused on the libels on our other children and the damage that was done in the search for Madeleine.”

All of it it seems

We dont know what is going to happen yet , so talking about inaccuracy CSot is irrelevant at this time.

Last edited by Markus 2 on Wed 29 Apr 2015, 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Wed 29 Apr 2015, 10:00 am

Just been reading through the judgement again from January and I think we should all hang fire on this until GA speaks. There is NO WAY the judge could have awarded anything like that amount after declaring so many points not proved.
Very interesting to read about Citius too. Someone is up to something.

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB Wed 29 Apr 2015, 10:01 am

Markus 2 wrote:
AndyB wrote:

The McCanns launched a libel action in 2009 claiming their family had suffered emotional and psychological harm as a result of the claims made in the book. “We want to emphasise that the action was never about money. It was entirely focused on the libels on our other children and the damage that was done in the search for Madeleine.”

All of it it seems
That's certainly what they claimed in the press, yet what they said in court was quite different. I've added a link to the findings of fact to the post that you quoted. Don't forget that the Supreme Court have already said that the book wasn't inaccurate and that GA was entitled to reach the conclusions he did, albeit that they were different from the official investigation.

AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Wed 29 Apr 2015, 10:09 am

AndyB said

"That's certainly what they claimed in the press, yet what they said in court was quite different. I've added a link to the findings of fact to the post that you quoted. Don't forget that the Supreme Court have already said that the book wasn't inaccurate and that GA was entitled to reach the conclusions he did, albeit that they were different from the official investigation."
--------------------------------------------------------------
Jane Tanner claimed in her rog that she had never identified Murat as the man she saw yet GA claimed in the documentary and in the book that she had informally done so. There is no record in the released files but may be in the held back version. I did read that Jane was taken back after the id parade straight to OC and she didn`t sign any statement formally so it is her word against the police here. This is the relevant section from the Judgement.

The judge does note that some of the facts in the book are not complete, and some facts that are in the book are not in the case files, including Jane Tanner's "informal" recognition of Robert Murat.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next