MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BREAKING NEWS - Goncalo loses libel/damages trial and must pay damages

+38
chris
Popcorn
PeterMac
Thetruth
AndyB
Curiouser
Poppy
mabossa ritchie
Inca
Chop Suey on Toast
Rufus T
poppyfox
Meteor
margaret
Scrants
anny
hesla
Dee Coy
dogs don't lie
Bampots
Antonia
bluebell
dantezebu
bellisa
Châtelaine
TheTruthWillOut
Burst
Poe
chirpyinsect
Mimi
Freedom
Cristobell
Admin
Mo
Andrew
chrissie
costello
candyfloss
42 posters

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next

Go down

BREAKING NEWS - Goncalo loses libel/damages trial and must pay damages - Page 16 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Goncalo loses libel/damages trial and must pay damages

Post  Guest Fri 01 May 2015, 6:29 pm

Freedom wrote:Could you post the link to that please?

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0

It's the one AndyB posted at 3.11 p.m.

I have also researched that this other website is owned by a USA company and according to their rules the money donated goes straight to the person who has set up the website, whereas when I looked at the JustGiving website the money goes to the JustGiving administrators and they pass on the money to the people/charity it should be going to.

That in itself seems worrying, maybe I'm being too cautious, but you can't be too careful when your talking about collecting money which may go into the £thousands.

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS - Goncalo loses libel/damages trial and must pay damages - Page 16 Empty Re: BREAKING NEWS - Goncalo loses libel/damages trial and must pay damages

Post  Freedom Fri 01 May 2015, 6:32 pm

That's the same as the one that I looked at before and which has a link to the new fund.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 01 May 2015, 6:39 pm

Freedom wrote:That's the same as the one that I looked at before and which has a link to the new fund.  

Well, it's not shown on my laptop, I will have to check it on another computer.  I only wanted to be careful of where the money may be ending up when GA already had a page set up for donations.

I don't think I want to send a donation to a fund page where the money goes to one person anyway and the fund website is registered in the USA and I still think people should think twice about doing that also.

Back to top Go down

Post  mabossa ritchie Fri 01 May 2015, 6:49 pm

Don't Forget Madeleine wrote:
Freedom wrote:That's the same as the one that I looked at before and which has a link to the new fund.  

Well, it's not shown on my laptop, I will have to check it on another computer.  I only wanted to be careful of where the money may be ending up when GA already had a page set up for donations.

I don't think I want to send a donation to a fund page where the money goes to one person anyway and the fund website is registered in the USA and I still think people should think twice about doing that also.

The link is there on my laptop,below the paypal logo.
mabossa ritchie
mabossa ritchie

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 01 May 2015, 6:57 pm

mabossa ritchie wrote:

The link is there on my laptop,below the paypal logo.

It isn't on mine, as said previously.  I will have to check on another computer when I can.

Anyway, it still hasn't answered the question of who this person is who has set up this alternate website, I keep asking but nobody seems to know.  She appears on Twitter with a photo of herself but that doesn't mean anything.

I assume GA knows who she is but it would be nice for the people who are donating their money to know it will definitely go to GA when it may get to £10,000 or more.

Refund criteria from JustGiving -

Donations and Gift Aid
Refunds / Refunding donations
How does a refund work?
We ask all donors to contact you directly if they'd like a refund, so it's your choice whether you offer refunds on donations. We also suggest that fundraisers email their donors to explain this situation before asking for a refund, and normally donors don't mind their donation staying with the charity.

Here's how it works:

1.If you’d like us to refund the donation on your charity’s behalf, please let us know by emailing charities@justgiving.com with the donation reference number, donor name and donor email address.
2.If, for example, a fundraiser is no longer taking part in an event and has requested that all donations to their page are refunded, you can give us their fundraising page web address rather than supply each and every donor’s details. We can then use the web address to access the information we need to arrange the refunds.
3.The funds are paid straight back onto the donor’s card and we normally process our refunds on Tuesdays and Fridays. If we’ve already paid the donation to you, the refund will be taken from your next donation payment. It will appear with a minus sign in red on your payment report.
4.If the Gift Aid was paid to you from the refunded donation, this will be taken from your next Gift Aid payment. At the same time, we'll also refund you the fees relating to that donation.

Refund criteria from GoFundMe -

Leanne Baulch 309 Facebook Friends |Verify Friendship
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This person will receive your donation directly.
All payments are final and cannot be refunded.
Only give to people you know and trust.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know what any of that means legally but I know where I sent my money to was above board.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 02 May 2015, 1:30 pm

Apparently there is a right hatchet job done on Goncalo in the Sun today, a 2 page middle  spread.  Anyone get it to screenshot more of it.  Or anyone subscribe?

Zora ‏@real_zm_  · 13 mins13 minutes ago  
"Monster who made a mint out of Maddie" ==> Team #McCann. Disgraceful hatchet job by Lazzeri

BREAKING NEWS - Goncalo loses libel/damages trial and must pay damages - Page 16 CEAANbHWoAA4mZj

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 02 May 2015, 1:41 pm

Calling an ex detective 'a monster'  BREAKING NEWS - Goncalo loses libel/damages trial and must pay damages - Page 16 Smileys-smiley-with-sign-190335 BREAKING NEWS - Goncalo loses libel/damages trial and must pay damages - Page 16 3146734414

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 02 May 2015, 1:47 pm

candyfloss wrote:Calling an ex detective 'a monster'  BREAKING NEWS - Goncalo loses libel/damages trial and must pay damages - Page 16 Smileys-smiley-with-sign-190335 BREAKING NEWS - Goncalo loses libel/damages trial and must pay damages - Page 16 3146734414

I think you could also say that Madeleine's parents are monsters and have made a mint out of her "disappearance" through not co-operating with the investigation, not doing a reconstruction, and of course leaving 3 very young children in an unlocked, dark apartment on the corner of a main road with steep steps leading up to the patio door and not far from a deep swimming pool (or so they say).

And of course allowing the investigation to be shelved when they could have had it reopened at any time but couldn't be bothered as they were obviously in no rush to get Madeleine found.

Lazzeri has really gone over the top this time, very, very shocking.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 02 May 2015, 2:05 pm

Freedom wrote:The link is here under the PayPal logo on the right.

Or use this link to donate

Legal Defence for Goncalo Amaral

I can't see it when I view the GA official website homepage.

Freedom - just to let you know I've found that link on GA's website, I was looking for an actual LINK, but have just seen that it's in words, duh!  Sorry for the confusion.  Good to see that he has so many supporters and the total is going up and up by the day.  Very Happy

Last edited by Don't Forget Madeleine on Sat 02 May 2015, 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Sat 02 May 2015, 2:11 pm

I know this might sound odd but I see this article as a good sign.

The sheer unadulterated over-the-top vitriol could be because the McCanns have lost control of the situation - "winning" the "libel" case didn't go as well as they expected, the "hater trolls" are no such thing according to the police and whatever is happening with OG?

Everyone knows that an animal is most dangerous when it is frightened, injured and cornered.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Sat 02 May 2015, 2:23 pm

The only monsters are the parents and the weirdos assisting and profiting with them.

What a shit newspaper the Sun really is.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  chris Sat 02 May 2015, 2:32 pm

Don't lose heart,remember the writer of this is a friend of kates,and to be honest this paper is on par with the star.shit
chris
chris

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 02 May 2015, 2:44 pm

chris wrote:Don't lose heart,remember the writer of this is a friend of kates,and to be honest this paper is on par with the star.shit

Tomorrows fish and chip wrapper.

Back to top Go down

Post  chris Sat 02 May 2015, 2:57 pm

Is sad to think if you want real news and some truth you have to look to the internet for it.
chris
chris

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sat 02 May 2015, 3:09 pm

I'm not getting this Embarassed Is this disgusting headline in the Sun written by Lazz?

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Sat 02 May 2015, 3:12 pm

dogs don't lie wrote:I'm not getting this Embarassed  Is this disgusting headline in the Sun written by Lazz?

Antonella Lazzeri yes, of the Sun.

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Sat 02 May 2015, 3:18 pm

Poe wrote:I know this might sound odd but I see this article as a good sign.

The sheer unadulterated over-the-top vitriol could be because the McCanns have lost control of the situation - "winning" the "libel" case didn't go as well as they expected, the "hater trolls" are no such thing according to the police and whatever is happening with OG?

Everyone knows that an animal is most dangerous when it is frightened, injured and cornered.

I'm with you Poe. I think some Sun readers will read some of the quotes and think I have to check this out and start reading the files.

Look at this quote:

No wonder Kate wrote in her book: "What galls me most about Amaral's interviews is the way he presents himself as a person who, perhaps above all others, really wants to find Madeleine and get to the bottom of her fate.
I cannot begin to express how much this outrages me"

Not sure if it is an out of context quote, but why would their "friend" Lazz do such a thing?
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sat 02 May 2015, 3:19 pm

candyfloss wrote:
dogs don't lie wrote:I'm not getting this Embarassed  Is this disgusting headline in the Sun written by Lazz?

Antonella Lazzeri yes, of the Sun.

Oh, just awake thank u candyfloss x

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sat 02 May 2015, 3:26 pm

Can you imagine all the papers headlines when the truth comes out? And can you imagine the money if Gonçalo Amaral gets them to court? (If he does, as he's an upstanding man but deserves every penny)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat 02 May 2015, 7:26 pm

Just reading the most recent Dr Roberts blog,

For balance, courts too are obliged to observe the presumption of innocence in any statement they might make concerning suspects under investigation, so as not to prejudice or jeopardize any prosecution.

Now has the Judge found a reason to award against Amaral so has to not jeopardise any future court appearance (if it should occur),if she had found in his favour that surely would assume guilt with out any trial and so a fair one would and could not happen.
She has allowed the McCanns to claim a victory.
No prejudicing any future trial.
She has allowed enough room for appeals almost encouraging with her judgement.
There's more to this than meets the eye.All opinion.

Back to top Go down

Post  Burst Sat 02 May 2015, 7:53 pm

caricature wrote:

Now has the Judge found a reason to award against Amaral so has to not jeopardise any future court appearance (if it should occur),if she had found in his favour that surely would assume guilt with out any trial and so a fair one would and could not happen.
She has allowed the McCanns to claim a victory.
No prejudicing any future trial.
She has allowed enough room for appeals almost encouraging with her judgement.
There's more to this than meets the eye.All opinion.

It would almost look like that indeed, were it not, that a judge shouldn't find like that, ever, though should stick to the matter at hand. It's what judges do. Should do. If they do, nice and neat, they couldn't jeopardise any hypothetical in future criminal trial, simply because it's irrelevant.
Burst
Burst

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Sat 02 May 2015, 7:57 pm

chris wrote:Don't lose heart,remember the writer of this is a friend of kates,and to be honest this paper is on par with the star.shit

Do we know if that's true? Are you thinking of Tracey Kandohla who writes in The Express? She lives in Rothley and quite possibly does know Kate personally.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  chris Sun 03 May 2015, 6:17 am

Freedom wrote:

Do we know if that's true? Are you thinking of Tracey Kandohla who writes in The Express? She lives in Rothley and quite possibly does know Kate personally.

sorry Freedom ,got me names mixed up,but this nasty piece of work must be a friend too to write something like this,just hope she is not a mother
chris
chris

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS - Goncalo loses libel/damages trial and must pay damages - Page 16 Empty wagon train

Post  crabbit Sun 03 May 2015, 11:02 am

Not sure if Antonella Lazzeri is a friend of the infamous couple but she does have previous for spouting their propaganda and is well on board the McCann wagon train.
crabbit
crabbit

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21  Next