MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds

+48
Walt
Honeyblade
poster
Jellybot
Guinea Pig
nobodythereeither
cherry
Magnum
wjk
gbwales
Mo
Acorn1
End
Inca
kylie
dantezebu
Popcorn
Ixta
TheTruthWillOut
myositis
crabbit
Beanie
chilli
marina
AndyB
chrissie
Scrants
Dee Coy
Admin
Antonia
mabossa ritchie
chris
Châtelaine
Freedom
Poe
Chop Suey on Toast
poppyfox
bluebell
Andrew
PeterMac
costello
Bampots
Poppy
chirpyinsect
dogs don't lie
Mimi
womandotcom
candyfloss
52 posters

Page 1 of 36 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 36  Next

Go down

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  Empty Dr Amaral's Defence Funds

Post  candyfloss Thu 30 Apr 2015, 6:45 pm

Here is the link for the defence fund........

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  Empty Link for defence fund

Post  womandotcom Thu 30 Apr 2015, 9:29 pm

candyfloss wrote:Here is the link for the defence fund........

http://pjga.blogspot.co.uk/

I've donated, but how I wish I could afford to give more. What seems a lot of money to us is just a drop in the ocean of what Dr Amaral needs.
womandotcom
womandotcom

Back to top Go down

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  Empty Re: Dr Amaral's Defence Funds

Post  Guest Thu 30 Apr 2015, 9:51 pm

Back to top Go down

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  Empty Dr Amaral's Defence Funds - UPDATE - over £52,000 so far!! LAST CHANCE closes 28th Oct.

Post  Guest Sun 03 May 2015, 8:05 pm

http://portugalresident.com/brits-already-forking-out-en-masse-for-maddie-cop-libel-appeal
This has really taken off now.  So I think it deserves its own thread.

RUNNING TOTAL - AMOUNT DONATED SO FAR IS.....   £52,180  - and still risingDr Amaral's Defence Funds  Mini-graphics-cheerleader-357310Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  Mini-graphics-smileys-500818

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  CR7ZUzvWoAAoUHl

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  158340jumwgvsn0a1

Reading through the comments from donors was interesting.  There are at least three claiming to be ex-coppers.  Several said the came to the site after reading about it in the Sun.  There's even donations from "Isabel Duarte", "robert guest", "the dogs", "Katie Hopkins" and "jasmine alfibab3".  Razz" />

Back to top Go down

Post  Mimi Sun 03 May 2015, 8:16 pm

Here`s the whole thing :-

"After what many consider the bombshell of a judicial decision last week, British supporters of the former Portuguese policeman ordered to pay the parents of Madeleine McCann €500,000 euros in damages are rallying to a “gofundme” online appeal for his legal defence.

Already widely reported is the fact that Gonçalo Amaral “will appeal to the last judicial instance” against the vast sum of damages awarded against him in the civil action for defamation taken out by Kate and Gerry McCann. But what few in Portugal may be aware of is that an online fund set up by a 22-year-old woman in Birmingham is already seeing money pouring in in Amaral’s defence.

At time of writing on Sunday morning, 315 people had donated over £5,000 to the Legal Defence for Gonçalo Amaral set up by Leanne Baulch, with all sorts leaving commentaries, including at least one introducing himself as a retired police officer.

Jill Parkin added her £10 donation to the fund, saying: “Please do not give up in your quest for justice and the truth. I believe you are a honourable man who has been badly wronged. I honestly do not know what happened in this case but someone is lying and someone out there does know”

Many donors’ comments allude to an article in today’s Sunday Sun that suggests Amaral is being funded by “British trolls”.

As Emma Mitchell, giving £100 commented: “Shame on you The Sun! ... Keep fighting GA , Madeleine deserves justice and so do you”.

Kirstene Glynn added her contribution, saying: “From yet another "nasty Internet troll" keep on fighting GA we're behind u all the way”.

While others stumping up for the appeal that hopes to raise £25,000 pointed out: “There is a battle going on in social media land to force this through to the mainstream” which, they claim, “for some reason” only publishes one side of this seemingly endless and long-running story.

Thus for now, Amaral is being buoyed by two online appeals both here and in UK as British media persist with 8th anniversary “Madeleine disappearance” stories, including “exposés” on Amaral’s so-called “fall from grace” and new “revelations about a string of burglaries on the Praia da Luz resort from which Madeleine went missing.

According to the Express on Sunday, a home Amaral had hoped to retire to in a “millionaires development” near Olhão has “been seized to to cover the McCann libel payout” and is now boarded up, the property of the courts.

The paper quotes an alleged friend, saying that everything Amaral has worked for “all his life, could be lost”.

As we wrote this article, another three people bolstered the gofundme appeal.

By the end of the day donations had leapt almost £500.

natasha.donn@algarveresident.com "

Mimi
Mimi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun 03 May 2015, 9:01 pm

This is what it is about.

£5
Rosalind S
6 mins ago
My uncle died at Passchendaele aged seventeen. He did not die for the likes of the McCanns to come along a hundred years later and threaten our freedom of speech from within. I will not tolerate it on his behalf. I will not stand by silently and witness obscene injustice. And injustice has been grievously inflicted on Dr Amaral. That gutter rag The Sun is a disgrace to the nation and I hope Dr Amaral sues Lazzeri and all who have defamed him in such a cowardly fashion, all hiding behind each other and behaving like the worst of the British Colonial mindset.

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sun 03 May 2015, 9:22 pm

Happy days! What's left of the UK whose not in the know, will surely want to know whatever the others know!
This sort of news will prick a lot of ears, British people donating to a man who they've read nothing but bad stuff about him. People ARE going to want to know why. I know there's a lot of knows in this post Embarassed but it's what is needed for this to end... Everyone wants to know the truth!
IMO

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Sun 03 May 2015, 11:17 pm

Past £6k!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 04 May 2015, 8:35 am

Speaking as a 'foreigner' - may I say that I'm proud to be an Anglophile - the very best of British is now seen in this reponse!

The spirit of the Blitz is alive and well, come to think of it, the past week has been a sort of Blitzkrieg.
A good way to describe the assault of the media.

flower sunny sunny flower sunny flower

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Mon 04 May 2015, 8:59 am

Tigger wrote:Speaking as a 'foreigner' - may I say that I'm proud to be an Anglophile - the very best of British is now seen in this reponse!  

The spirit  of the Blitz is alive and well, come to think of it, the past week has been a sort of Blitzkrieg.
A good way to describe the assault of the media.

flower  sunny  sunny  flower   sunny  flower

Speaking as a Brit living abroad I am also buoyed by the British public who have taken GA to heart. I donated last month through the official site before this one was set up but I am so hacked off by the dreadful articles in the press lately that I am going to give some more through the GoFundMe page just to have a dig at the parents.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 04 May 2015, 9:10 am

That's exactly what I did chirpy, £10 well spent!

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppy Mon 04 May 2015, 12:48 pm

A Brewer
41 mins ago
As an ex-police officer myself, I am only too pleased to assist an honourable comrade, who has been fighting a massive injustice for so many years. Dr Amaral you are an indefatigable beacon of hope that justice will ultimately be served in the name of Madeleine McCann. Please keep up your good fight - you have overwhelming support amongst the law and order community worldwide.
Poppy
Poppy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bampots Mon 04 May 2015, 1:00 pm

It's funny this article has a troll angle with a kind of positive spin about donating if you see what I mean.....

http://www.inquisitr.com/2062485/madeleine-mccann-trolls-fight-back-donating-gofundme/#07fGOy8BPXT0Ds4Z.01

Madeleine McCann ‘Trolls’ Fight Back By Donating To Detective’s GoFundMe

Will Madeleine McCann ever be found? The public focus isn’t currently on the search for her, because most people are focused on the libel suit involving the missing child’s parents and a Portuguese detective who wrote a book about the case. The Sunday Express reports that Goncalo Amaral has gotten a little help from his friends regarding the payment of the settlement the missing child’s parents won from him. Of course, the U.K. media is calling anybody who supports the embattled detective “trolls.” Meanwhile, the folks being called “trolls” say they just want justice for the child that’s been missing for eight years.

Goncalo Amaral currently has a GoFundMe page, where he is accepting donations to help pay legal fees, and possibly fees associated with the steep settlement that he has been ordered to pay Kate and Gerry McCann. Media reports vary in what the money will go for, while supporters of the man insist it is just for his legal fees. Whatever the money is for, a lot is being donated. At the time of this report, the amount raised for him has reached more than £6,000, and the donation campaign is only a few days old. The page hopes to raise at least £25k for the fallen detective, and the numerous people who are donating want to voice their support for him. Some of the donors have hit back at the media for labeling them as “trolls.” A donor named “Not A Troll” had a lot to say.

“Thank you MSM for opening my eyes over the last 8 years to how you operate. It’s been an education. Seems that the only way we will ever get to the truth of the never ending lies and distortion you print is through the hard work and tenacity of people like Dr Amaral who will never give up on getting justice for Madeleine McCann.”

Another donor who gave to the fund also hit back at the U.K. media, shaming them for labeling anyone who wants answers for Madeleine McCann as “trolls.” That same donor was so upset at how they’re being portrayed, they donated a second time to Amaral’s fund.

“Im donating again, after reading in The Sun tonight that Im a “Troll” apparently. Im incensed that anyone who does not believe the McCann’s lies are being labelled like this. Right at the beginning of this very fishy case, politicians and MSM called me a liar and a fantasist and dragged my name through the mud because I spoke out, all to cover and protect the McCann’s…and now The Sun calls me a troll?? So be it then..here is my troll-money. Thankyou, The Sun, you have made more people aware of this massive cover-up and, more importantly, this fund for a brave, courageous man to end it. [all sic]”

While Amaral’s supporters speak out against U.K. media reports, investigators are continuing the search for clues behind what may have happened to Madeleine McCann. Sky News reports that British detectives are investigating more reported burglaries and break-ins in hope of somehow finding a connection to Maddie’s case.

Bampots

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Mon 04 May 2015, 1:11 pm

Great article, Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  2983892117............... thanks for posting that Bampots

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  Empty Re:DR AMARALS DEFENCE FUND.

Post  costello Mon 04 May 2015, 1:11 pm

As of now the fund is sitting at £6.665. I wouldn't be surprised if a single large donation appears soon. Just a feeling.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterMac Mon 04 May 2015, 1:12 pm

[quote="Bampots"]It's funny this article has a troll angle with a kind of positive spin about donating if you see what I mean.....

It is hilarious, in all its po-faced seriousness
. . .Sky News reports that British detectives are investigating more reported burglaries and break-ins in hope of somehow finding a connection to Maddie’s case.

investigating more REPORTED burglaries - not definite ones, just reported ones
in the HOPE
of SOMEHOW
finding a CONNECTION

How many straws can one clutch at as a Sky reporter ?
PeterMac
PeterMac

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Mon 04 May 2015, 2:26 pm

The more I think about it the more I am in the belief that a very clever game is being played out before our eyes.

Slowly changing perception, hang them out to dry then arrests made when the general public literally despise them. Which won't be far off.

The damages decision, payout etc I think was almost deliberate to cause a backlash. Which of course is what's happening. 

Just my personal gut feeling on it all.

Perfect timing now for Sonia to really hit it home to the masses.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Mon 04 May 2015, 2:43 pm

Just saw the fund tip over the 7k mark. Someone has remarked that K and G didn`t attend the service in Rothley as BH is ill but the Macs were seen out cycling this morning in Liverpool. Training for your charidy cycle more important Kateycakes?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 04 May 2015, 3:02 pm

It's truly heart warming to read all the messages backing GA, he has suffered so much injustice over the past 8 years, he really deserves something good happening to him and his family for once.

The McCanns have really unleashed a can of worms they never anticipated with their sheer greed and hatred of GA, the flood gates have been opened. There is no going back for them now, they must be live with the consequences of what they've done in ruining so many lives. The public are also having their eyes opened through those messages of support to what has been kept under wraps since 3rd May 2007.

Back to top Go down

Post  dogs don't lie Mon 04 May 2015, 3:18 pm

Don't Forget Madeleine wrote:It's truly heart warming to read all the messages backing GA, he has suffered so much injustice over the past 8 years, he really deserves something good happening to him and his family for once.

The McCanns have really unleashed a can of worms they never anticipated with their sheer greed and hatred of GA, the flood gates have been opened.  There is no going back for them now, they must be live with the consequences of what they've done in ruining so many lives. The public are also having their eyes opened through those messages of support to what has been kept under wraps since 3rd May 2007.

Soo agree, it's almost like they've said forget the vigil, let's see if we can get more money raised.
IMO, the money they expected to get, has now went straight to Gonçalo Amaral.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 04 May 2015, 3:30 pm

chirpyinsect wrote:Just saw the fund tip over the 7k mark. Someone has remarked that K and G didn`t attend the service in Rothley as BH is ill but the Macs were seen out cycling this morning in Liverpool. Training for your charidy cycle more important Kateycakes?
Aparently so, chirpy.
Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  Captur20

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 04 May 2015, 4:07 pm

Don't Forget Madeleine wrote:It's truly heart warming to read all the messages backing GA, he has suffered so much injustice over the past 8 years, he really deserves something good happening to him and his family for once.

The McCanns have really unleashed a can of worms they never anticipated with their sheer greed and hatred of GA, the flood gates have been opened.  There is no going back for them now, they must be live with the consequences of what they've done in ruining so many lives. The public are also having their eyes opened through those messages of support to what has been kept under wraps since 3rd May 2007.

Despite everything, I bet it's kinda cool being GA right now.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 04 May 2015, 4:17 pm

He must feel really buoyed by all the support he is receiving from all over the world, although it's early days yet and he has a long fight ahead of him against the avaricious, truth twisting, well-connected McCanns, imo.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 04 May 2015, 4:25 pm

I think since 3/05/2007 he knows exactly what he is dealing with.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 04 May 2015, 4:41 pm

Oh yes, he's not daft, far from it, that's why the McCanns detest him so much.  He saw right through them and what games they were playing from the start.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 36 1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 36  Next