MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds

+48
Walt
Honeyblade
poster
Jellybot
Guinea Pig
nobodythereeither
cherry
Magnum
wjk
gbwales
Mo
Acorn1
End
Inca
kylie
dantezebu
Popcorn
Ixta
TheTruthWillOut
myositis
crabbit
Beanie
chilli
marina
AndyB
chrissie
Scrants
Dee Coy
Admin
Antonia
mabossa ritchie
chris
Châtelaine
Freedom
Poe
Chop Suey on Toast
poppyfox
bluebell
Andrew
PeterMac
costello
Bampots
Poppy
chirpyinsect
dogs don't lie
Mimi
womandotcom
candyfloss
52 posters

Page 2 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 36  Next

Go down

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 2 Empty Re: Dr Amaral's Defence Funds

Post  bluebell Mon 04 May 2015, 4:54 pm

Does anyone think that all those messages of support on the gofundme site will get through to Goncalo?
Is there a chance they'll be translated for him?

What a boost that would be for his morale, because though he must be aware he has supporters from donations on the Projecto site
this one seems to have reached so much more of the public, and they leave such encouraging, supportive comments.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 04 May 2015, 4:58 pm

I'm sure he has many friends that can speak English, and will read them out for him. Ans AFAIK his ex-wife and grown-up daughter both speak English too, and I'm quite sure they are still in touch - the divorce was a "tactical" one.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 04 May 2015, 5:01 pm

bluebell wrote:
Does anyone think that all those messages of support on the gofundme site will get through to Goncalo?  
Is there a chance they'll be translated for him?

What a boost that would be for his morale, because though he must be aware he has supporters from donations on the Projecto site
this one seems to have reached so much more of the public, and they leave such encouraging, supportive comments.

I'm sure they will reach GA, he has many friends on the internet, Joana Morais for one who is bi-lingual (she's Portuguese and had her own website for many years but closed it down not too long ago due to too many pro-McCann trolls making her life a misery).  As you say he also has his own website, I'm sure the administrator(s) keep an eye on what is happening on other internet sites and keep him up to date.

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Mon 04 May 2015, 5:18 pm

Thanks @ Resistor & DFM for those replies. Very reassuring that he will know about the support and messages.

I frequently think of him and what a dreadful, stressful time he has been forced to endure for so long in his continued fight for truth and justice.

Go Goncalo cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 04 May 2015, 5:24 pm

Don't Forget Madeleine wrote:
Seicento wrote:
Don't Forget Madeleine wrote:It's truly heart warming to read all the messages backing GA, he has suffered so much injustice over the past 8 years, he really deserves something good happening to him and his family for once.

The McCanns have really unleashed a can of worms they never anticipated with their sheer greed and hatred of GA, the flood gates have been opened.  There is no going back for them now, they must be live with the consequences of what they've done in ruining so many lives. The public are also having their eyes opened through those messages of support to what has been kept under wraps since 3rd May 2007.

Despite everything, I bet it's kinda cool being GA right now.

He must feel really buoyed by all the support he is receiving from all over the world, although it's early days yet and he has a long fight ahead of him against the avaricious, truth twisting (imo), well-connected Mccanns.

I put the "imo" in the wrong place on my original post - duh! - and ran out of time to correct it, so have done it now - it gave another meaning to that which I wanted to convey.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 04 May 2015, 5:37 pm

Just saw a police officer from Sweden donated, total £ 7185,- It makes me so happy!

Back to top Go down

Post  bluebell Mon 04 May 2015, 6:10 pm

Tigger wrote:Just saw a police officer from Sweden donated, total £ 7185,-   It makes me so happy!  

Oh wow !!! Makes me very, very happy too. cheers

Back to top Go down

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 2 Empty Re:DR AMARALS DEFENCE FUND.

Post  costello Mon 04 May 2015, 6:36 pm

Andrew wrote:The more I think about it the more I am in the belief that a very clever game is being played out before our eyes.

Slowly changing perception, hang them out to dry then arrests made when the general public literally despise them. Which won't be far off.

The damages decision, payout etc I think was almost deliberate to cause a backlash. Which of course is what's happening. 

Just my personal gut feeling on it all.

Perfect timing now for Sonia to really hit it home to the masses.

You know what Andrew I agree this is a game, I think the media are just sitting it out and waiting in the wings.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon 04 May 2015, 6:43 pm

costello wrote:

You know what Andrew I agree this is a game, I think the media are just sitting it out and waiting in the wings.

It reminds me of that white or blue dress thing (which I'm also pretty certain was a media hoax BTW) that was doing the rounds a few weeks ago - trying to align the public with arbitrary "teams".

Back to top Go down

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 2 Empty Re:DR AMARALS FUND.

Post  costello Mon 04 May 2015, 6:58 pm

Seicento wrote:
costello wrote:

It reminds me of that white or blue dress thing (which I'm also pretty certain was a media hoax BTW) that was doing the rounds a few weeks ago - trying to align the public with arbitrary "teams".

Well I hope you got the colour of the dress correct the first time Clay. I did, not wanting to be a smarty pants (not in my nature). I had a little wobble with the damages result, but now I can understand where Andrew is coming from. Here I go again, but I remain optimistic. Still think your humour is second to none. Cheers.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  PeterMac Mon 04 May 2015, 10:12 pm

costello wrote:

They want their money back - with interest.
Many people are sitting this out and watching.
The Mccanns had to leave Rothley yesterday - the 8th anniversary of their day - fairly obviously to avoid being confronted.
The press were full of  - - - well nothing much - even the pathetic figure of Mitchell couldn't galvanise them into more than a few more burglaries in surrounding villages 10 years ago . . during which NOT A SINGLE CHILD WAS STOLEN . . . .

And the Sun has given full details of the Fund for Gonçalo Amaral, which ha now topped 7,500  STERLING ! = 10.500 euros in less than a few days.

£7,545 of £25k
Raised by 455 people in 5 days

The organiser of the fund has thanked the Sun for their generous publicity ! ! !
http://www.gofundme.com/Legal-DefencePJGA
We are so close to hitting the £7.5K mark thanks to all of you that has contributed, supported and/or shared the fund. Thank you so much for all you have done, you have been so generous and supportive. It fills we with joy to see so many amazing people coming together for such a wonderful, and hard working man. We stand with Goncalo, to see justice served for Madeleine.

A special thanks to the Sun Newspaper for yesterday's influx, it was greatly appreciated.

I will give more when I can. This is in memory of my Uncle Tommy, an ex- Assistant Chief Constable who was always good to me, and who will be turning in his grave right now to witness such an atrocious miscarriage of justice. God bless both you and Snr Amaral. May justice prevail.
PeterMac
PeterMac

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppy Tue 05 May 2015, 12:00 am

Leanne Baulch ‏@JusticeForMM 15 mins15 minutes ago
The amount of abuse I've had, just for standing up for what I think is right is ridiculous, the #McCann supporters clearly never learn.

You have done a fantastic job Leanne but please,please.Don't allow the McCann's supporters to bring you down to their level.They want a response from you and imo with that comment they have achieved it,don't rise to the bait, my advise would be to keep a low profile for now and let the public do your talking, the donations and comments speak for themselves well done to you and take a bow.
Poppy
Poppy

Back to top Go down

Post  poppyfox Tue 05 May 2015, 1:32 am

I was very happy in foregoing my usual Saturday Chinese takeaway and donating it to Sn Amaral's defence fund. I am not a troll but simply a disabled mum of 3 who believes that Truth and justice should prevail. Sn Amaral's a honourable gentleman not the monster that the Sun/MSM would have us believe. I hope his spirits are lifted at knowing there are thousands of people wishing him success and are prepared to help him with his legal funds. Kate McCann must be seething with rage as her campaign isn't getting as much money and publicity as Sn Amaral, the man she despises and wishes he was miserable. Her and her despicable husband couldn't even turn up for Madeleine's memorial. I don't think she'll do the cycle either as she'll be terrified that there will be people turning up to boo her. The public are slowly learning that the McCanns are just in it for the money,money,money and not for their poor wee daughter who never got a chance to celebrate her 4th birthday. God Bless Madeleine
poppyfox
poppyfox

Back to top Go down

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 2 Empty Express: Online trolls pay Madeleine McCann libel detective’s legal bills on eight year anniversary

Post  Guest Tue 05 May 2015, 3:52 am

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/574685/Online-trolls-pay-Madeleine-McCann-libel-detective-s-legal-bills-on-eight-year-anniversary
"Online trolls pay Madeleine McCann libel detective’s legal bills on eight year anniversary

INTERNET trolls are funding the legal bills of a shamed Portuguese detective who claimed Madeleine McCann’s parents were behind her disappearance.

By HELEN BARNETT
03:53, Mon, May 4, 2015 | UPDATED: 09:16, Mon, May 4, 2015

The news comes on the eight year anniversary of Madeleine's disappearance
A British policeman is one of more than 330 people who have donated more than £5,300 towards Goncalo Amaral’s legal bills after he was sued by Madeleine’s parents Kate and Gerry.

The sickening news comes on the eight year anniversary of Madeleine’s disappearance.

Amaral was ordered to pay €500,000 in libel damages to the McCanns following the publication of a damning and unfounded book, “Maddie, The Truth of the Lie”.

But Leanne Baulch, 22, of Birmingham, created the page and wrote the fund was created “as a quest for justice and backed by supporters from all over the globe, in solidarity, friendship and above all, in the interest of furthering the investigation of the case into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann”.

It adds: “There are many who follow Amaral’s dissatisfaction, and whom, like him, urge for the day the truth, or some more of it will emerge.”

Amaral, 56, is to launch an expensive appeal against the payout decision.

A British policeman is one of more than 330 people who have donated more than £5,300 towards Goncalo Amaral’s legal bills after he was sued by Madeleine’s parents Kate and Gerry.

The sickening news comes on the eight year anniversary of Madeleine’s disappearance.

Amaral was ordered to pay €500,000 in libel damages to the McCanns following the publication of a damning and unfounded book, “Maddie, The Truth of the Lie”.

But Leanne Baulch, 22, of Birmingham, created the page and wrote the fund was created “as a quest for justice and backed by supporters from all over the globe, in solidarity, friendship and above all, in the interest of furthering the investigation of the case into the disappearance of Madeleine McCann”.

It adds: “There are many who follow Amaral’s dissatisfaction, and whom, like him, urge for the day the truth, or some more of it will emerge.”

Amaral, 56, is to launch an expensive appeal against the payout decision.

Amaral defamed the McCanns for claiming they were behind Maddie's disappearance

The GoFundMe page has received more than 330 donations so far.

Ms Baulch said any unused donations will go towards a Portuguese children’s charity chosen by Mr Amaral.

A McCanns spokesman declined to comment.

But Kate and Gerry McCann described their ongoing turmoil on the eight year anniversary of their daughter’s disappearance.

This time of year cuts deep
Kate and Gerry McCann
John Green paid £10 to the fund and wrote: I am a retired police officer and will never understand how criminal proceedings have never been taken against the McCanns.”

Kate and Gerry McCann were awarded hundreds of thousands of pounds in libel damages
They wrote they missed their daughter “every day”. They added: “Eight years. There's no gentle way of putting it.

“This time of year cuts deep as it's a harsh reminder of time having passed and precious years with Madeleine lost.”

They said they had been boosted by the love and support from the public, and reassured by the “unwavering commitment” from the Metropolitan Police.

The statement added: “Cooperation with and from the Portuguese Police has, and still is, vital to the success of the investigation.

“We are very appreciative of the joint working relationship established between the two forces.”"

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Tue 05 May 2015, 9:02 am

Lovely donation message...

Win ‏@winnower1  · 4 hrs4 hours ago  
#McCann http://www.gofundme.com/legal-defencepjga … = £8,000 (over $12,000 US bucks.) Hey UK hacks: TROLLS don't write messages like this: pic.twitter.com/iBxW9UPFfV

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 2 CENp5-8VEAAI84h

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 05 May 2015, 9:17 am

Yes, I saw that Candy, it was a lovely message and I think either the MSM are playing a game or they've seriously misjudged the situation by calling everyone who supports Amaral and questions the story is called a troll..that's one way to offend everyone, and there are a lot of them, who don't believe the McCanns are telling the truth.

I can't donate that much as I too am on a limited income, but I get more money tomorrow and like so many others, shall make another small donation, in lieu of an apology for the dreadful way the press are reporting this. I noticed another donor saying words to the effect that every time the MSM call Amaral a monster and those who support him, trolls, then he will donate again..almost like a fine

But I am uplifted by the amount of support and I am still truly of the belief that this case will be solved and Amaral and all of us Trolls, vindicated

Back to top Go down

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 2 Empty Slightly off topic, but it follows

Post  PeterMac Tue 05 May 2015, 9:29 am

As you say, "calling everyone who supports Dr Amaral, and who questions the Mccanns, a Troll . . ."

Just out of interest how many people REALLY believe what the McCanns have said.
Really believe . .

Carter-Ruck - err, NO. They admitted they had been lied to
Tapas group - err, not judging by their gibbering Rogatories in which they were clearly trying to remember a script, but not doing very well
Close family, err, certainly not the two mothers, who were deported within days of arriving
Philomena, err, not sure, I suppose she might. She is certainly going round trying to drive people to Suicide.

And as another aside, WHICH version do they believe in (doors, curtains, half hour checks ? ?)
PeterMac
PeterMac

Back to top Go down

Post  Chop Suey on Toast Tue 05 May 2015, 9:37 am

Seicento wrote:It reminds me of that white or blue dress thing (which I'm also pretty certain was a media hoax BTW) that was doing the rounds a few weeks ago - trying to align the public with arbitrary "teams".
The blue/brown/white/gold dress saga was ridiculous. You could easily change the dress colour from one combination to the other by adjusting your computer's colour saturation or looking at the screen at a different angle. Because everybody was viewing the picture in a slightly different way, we all ended up in one camp or another

It was an amusing diversion, but it was also complete nonsense, and the media were happy to play the game without attempting to reveal the very simple explanation

They're only interested in selling papers/attracting viewers. And that brings us back to....
Chop Suey on Toast
Chop Suey on Toast

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 05 May 2015, 9:37 am

You only have to look at some of the comments in the likes of the Daily Mail, to see what the popular opinion is, and it isn't favourable to the McCanns

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue 05 May 2015, 9:44 am

I'm wondering if the Express article is actually libelous to those named.

Every time I think the UK press couldn't sink any lower they manage to surprise me. Got to hand it to them - not many people, when writing their suicide note, put the football results on the back!

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Tue 05 May 2015, 9:44 am

susible wrote:Yes, I saw that Candy, it was a lovely message and I think either the MSM are playing a game or they've seriously misjudged the situation by calling everyone who supports Amaral and questions the story is called a troll..that's one way to offend everyone, and there are a lot of them, who don't believe the McCanns are telling the truth.

I can't donate that much as I too am on a limited income, but I get more money tomorrow and like so many others, shall make another small donation, in lieu of an apology for the dreadful way the press are reporting this.  I noticed another donor saying words to the effect that every time the MSM call Amaral a monster and those who support him, trolls, then he will donate again..almost like a fine

But I am uplifted by the amount of support and I am still truly of the belief that this case will be solved and Amaral and all of us Trolls, vindicated

I tend to agree ( this is happening often these days Susible ) that the press are playing a game here.
Imagine for a moment you knew that someone was lying. Imagine that as a parent yourself, you abhor the idea that someone would abandon their children to go out boozing, as is popularly believed. Imagine you wanted to shout it from the rooftops but your boss told you you had to desist. Imagine your employer had been sued for libel just for suggesting that all was not right with a story. Imagine if you had inside knowledge that you were forbidden from imparting.
How do you exact revenge on such people. Cleverly, stealthily and with circumspection, that`s how. Use the back door not the front.
I am not talking about the gutter press here. Some of those hacks are too thick to notice if the truth bit them on the bum.
But I do believe there are journalists out there who are biding their time and when the thread that holds the sword of Damocles proves too frail to sustain it, there will be a spilling of guts.

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Tue 05 May 2015, 10:10 am

susible wrote: I think either the MSM are playing a game or they've seriously misjudged the situation by calling everyone who supports Amaral and questions the story is called a troll..that's one way to offend everyone, and there are a lot of them, who don't believe the McCanns are telling the truth.

I think this could backfire on the media big-time.

It's basic common sense that you do not insult the people who pay your wages. The Sun, of all organisations, should know this.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 05 May 2015, 11:06 am

I think the people higher up the chain in the media know exactly what they're doing.

Strategic. Bit like a game of chess.

Just my probably wrong opinion.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Dr Amaral's Defence Funds  - Page 2 Empty Re:DR AMARALS DEFENCE FUNDS.

Post  costello Tue 05 May 2015, 11:31 am

There must have been a reason the Sun published their article on Sunday, highlighting the gofundme campaign. Although the wording was a bit strong, they must of realized their readers would take notice and donate. Why bother helping Dr Amaral,? a tactical move surely. Just my thoughts.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Tue 05 May 2015, 11:40 am

If your hands were somewhat tied (at the moment) but the intention was to deliberately create awareness and change public perception slowly but surely with subtle hints (the link to GA fund) etc, then could it be played out any better? Or more effective?

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 36  Next