MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Memory of Madeleine McCann

+7
bluebell
Poe
Freedom
chirpyinsect
Dee Coy
Andrew
AndyB
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

In Memory of Madeleine McCann Empty In Memory of Madeleine McCann

Post  Guest Thu 07 May 2015, 5:56 pm

In Memory of Madeleine McCann Memory10In Memory of Madeleine McCann Mem210In Memory of Madeleine McCann Mem310In Memory of Madeleine McCann Mem410In Memory of Madeleine McCann Mem510

Back to top Go down

In Memory of Madeleine McCann Empty Re: In Memory of Madeleine McCann

Post  Guest Thu 07 May 2015, 5:58 pm

It has all been sent to Dr Amaral's lawyers, who are apparently very interested indeed.

Back to top Go down

Post  AndyB Thu 07 May 2015, 6:15 pm

Resistor wrote:It has all been sent to Dr Amaral's lawyers, who are apparently very interested indeed.
Can you explain their interest? I'm intrigued. Is it because "in memory of" and in "in Madeleine's memory" imply death?
AndyB
AndyB

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 07 May 2015, 6:20 pm

Has Fiona mentioned at all that she is doing this bike ride alongside Kate does anyone know?
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 07 May 2015, 6:32 pm

AndyB wrote:
Resistor wrote:It has all been sent to Dr Amaral's lawyers, who are apparently very interested indeed.
Can you explain their interest? I'm intrigued. Is it because "in memory of" and in "in Madeleine's memory" imply death?

Yes, the reasoning is that if they set up a page in 2012 "in memory of" Madeleine, which implies that she is dead, then they have been acting fraudulently for the past three years (at least). Personally I think they could squirm out of it, but a smart lawyer might be able to make something of it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 07 May 2015, 6:34 pm

Andrew wrote:Has Fiona mentioned at all that she is doing this bike ride alongside Kate does anyone know?
Payne's bike ride page says "In Memory Of" but McCann's does not. That's kind of odd in itself.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 07 May 2015, 6:39 pm

Resistor wrote:
AndyB wrote:

Yes, the reasoning is that if they set up a page in 2012 "in memory of" Madeleine, which implies that she is dead, then they have been acting fraudulently for the past three years (at least).  Personally I think they could squirm out of it, but a smart lawyer might be able to make something of it.

Can't see any reference to 2012?

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 07 May 2015, 6:44 pm

Yes, it is odd. 

I wonder if they are still bezzie mates.

Who is Sophie then who did the run in 2012 in memory of M...
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 07 May 2015, 6:49 pm

Yes, "Sophie's 10k Run" in 2012. And maybe even more stuff before that.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 07 May 2015, 6:58 pm

That's why I wanted to know if they're still best friends or whether they don't speak and hate each other.

Has FP intentionally gone about saying in memory or just a slip of the tongue and now can't change it. I don't know.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Dee Coy Thu 07 May 2015, 7:31 pm

Andrew wrote:That's why I wanted to know if they're still best friends or whether they don't speak and hate each other.

Has FP intentionally gone about saying in memory or just a slip of the tongue and now can't change it. I don't know.

According to reports Fiona Payne spoke at this year's anniversary gathering in Rothley.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/madeleine-mccanns-parents-unable-attend-5632585

Of course, as the pictures in the report were from last year's vigil, some have cast doubts on whether the meeting really did take place at all - we've only Kate's mate Kandohla's word for it. But the fact that Payne is willing to have her name associated with the story would indicate she is still close to the family. It would also indicate the Paynes at least of the Tapas are standing by the version of events of 2007...

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 07 May 2015, 7:38 pm

Thanks dee. Forgot about that although don't believe any such vigil took place and don't believe again FP acted as spokesperson in the absence of the Mc's. Oh and don't believe anything TK says. She is paid a few shillings off her gym partner Kate to write guff and basically lie.

FP might not have had a choice in her name associated.

Could all have each other by the short and curlies. Bit of a Mexican stand off.

Probably not though and FP is sticking with K as if one goes down then they all go down.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Thu 07 May 2015, 7:40 pm

I can`t seem to access FP`s Justgiving page but yesterday when I read it I am sure it mentioned her best friend Kate whose daughter went missing in 2007 so it would seem they are still bezzies.

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 07 May 2015, 9:24 pm

https://www.justgiving.com/fiona-webster2/

Her page is in the name of Webster.

I don't personally think that too much should be made of the "in memory" wording.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 07 May 2015, 9:43 pm

Which ever way you look at it, Fiona Webster knows that Madeleine is not alive and has done for over 8 years.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 07 May 2015, 9:47 pm

I think that you are likely to be right there, Andrew; not just because of the wording "in memory" though.

Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 07 May 2015, 10:21 pm

Payne now Webster getting on a bike to try and ease her conscious and feel better about herself over all the guilt she has harboured over the last 8 years.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 08 May 2015, 7:21 am

Imo this is rather orchestrated - part of a larger strategy to finally put this affair to bed.

So the 'big win' - Portugal says McCs were right (Yes I know! It 's not true) Max. Publ.

Play down the trolls - sensible thing to do as the anti troll campaign was a disaster. So now there are no trols, clever move.

No anniversary hype this year.. Explained by charity ride and illness of father.

All we need now is an end to OG - most likely that will be inconclusive but hint at dead abductor although not actually say so. Possibly it will say the ball is in Portuguese court and what with Portugal having just said how right the McCs are.. But remit of OG was limited to a review, not finding the truth iirc. Or actively looking for Maddie. Possibly they may say that likelyhood of her being alive is zero.

I have a question - why did they employ PI's when in Portugal when it was not allowed and why did they spend no money on their own investigations whilst a review was going on? Could Madeleine wait until OG was finished? Now that it's winding down we hear they are going to look again, four years later. For a twelve year old. Are they going to go through the files again, now that OG has eliminated any number of creepy men?

But all that's happened is that the win has backfired big time, press is leaking bits of truth and the groundswell of opinion is very much anti - far more so than expected imo.

Think what should have happened! Gerry leader of the SNP? Or Labour MP? Heading Hacked Off? Rubbing shoulders with world leaders. European Ambassador for Amber Alert. Public speaker - it was so close in 2007!
So far there's half a million euros compensation, minus about 58% of undisclosed costs. (That would make it 100 K at best imo). Everybody is 8 years older and the 'young doctors' image has nothing to replace it.

Gerry was given another MRI related job to make him look like a top level medic. The quango on atomic something dropped him years ago iirc.

Last but not least, Kate's best friend is promoting her charity ride 'in memory of Maddie, with an image suitable for a sympathy card as often sent to the bereaved.

Clarence has been dusted off for a cut-price sound bite from time to time but it's not working anymore. Their time has run out.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri 08 May 2015, 7:33 am

Tigger wrote:Imo this is rather orchestrated - part of a larger strategy to finally put this affair to bed.

There was a brief but weird piece on the BBC 8 o'clock "mini news" last night about parents using medicines to calm their children down. I can't see it mirrored anywhere on the BBC website. Part of the same thing?

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Fri 08 May 2015, 8:03 am

FP`s FB page is still in the name of Payne and her status is married. She is still friends with Kate.

It is 8 years today since the unimaginable happened. Madeleine is still missing, still missed, every day. My family and I continue to remember her and live in hope.....
In a few weeks time to raise awareness of missing people and in memory of Madeleine, I will be joining my amazing friend Kate in a 500 mile cycle challenge for the charity 'Missing People'. Having witnessed the hurt and pain first hand, this is a truly worthy charity supporting others who have gone through or continue to go through the horrific ordeal that follows when a loved one goes missing.

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Fri 08 May 2015, 9:13 am

chirpyinsect wrote:FP`s FB page is still in the name of Payne and her status is married. She is still friends with Kate.

It is 8 years today since the unimaginable happened. Madeleine is still missing, still missed, every day. My family and I continue to remember her and live in hope.....
In a few weeks time to raise awareness of missing people and in memory of Madeleine, I will be joining my amazing friend Kate in a 500 mile cycle challenge for the charity 'Missing People'. Having witnessed the hurt and pain first hand, this is a truly worthy charity supporting others who have gone through or continue to go through the horrific ordeal that follows when a loved one goes missing.

Today's word of the day is "missing" used five times (if you include the variant "missed") in one short paragraph.

Missing? Surely she means abducted?

Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Fri 08 May 2015, 10:22 am

In view of the "live in hope" comment - i.e. that Madeleine could be found alive - I am now sure that there is nothing significant about the words "in memory".

"Thinking of" would have been better.

If this is all the evidence that has been sent to Mr Amaral's lawyers, it's useless.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Poe Fri 08 May 2015, 10:38 am

Freedom wrote:In view of the "live in hope" comment - i.e. that Madeleine could be found alive - I am now sure that there is nothing significant about the words "in memory".

If this is all the evidence that has been sent to Mr Amaral's lawyers, it's useless.  

To be pedantic, she doesn't actually say what she lives in hope of. It's more likely that she lives in hope that the police don't pay a 4am visit than she lives in hope that Madeleine will be found alive and well.

When you break it down, the whole paragraph is quite ambiguous.
Poe
Poe

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Fri 08 May 2015, 10:41 am

Freedom wrote:In view of the "live in hope" comment - i.e. that Madeleine could be found alive - I am now sure that there is nothing significant about the words "in memory".

Deleted chirpy, don't think we need repeat that sort of rubbish here.

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Fri 08 May 2015, 11:49 am

chirpyinsect wrote:

Deleted chirpy, don't think we need repeat that sort of rubbish here.

So it is of no interest to the people supporting GA that there were libellous claims made about him yet we entertain repetition of the MSM claims of him being a monste or a liar? Sorry don`t see the difference but I accept your decision.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next