MADELEINE McCANN MYSTERY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The case of Amber Peat

+14
chrissie
dogs don't lie
bluebell
Antonia
chilli
Mimi
costello
Châtelaine
TheTruthWillOut
seahorse
chirpyinsect
PMR
candyfloss
Andrew
18 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The case of Amber Peat - Page 3 Empty Re: The case of Amber Peat

Post  Freedom Wed 03 Jun 2015, 4:27 pm

Most people would not judge him harshly for fiddling his income tax!

It might be interesting to know though why he changed his surname from Twells to Peat, as mentioned in the report about his conviction.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Wed 03 Jun 2015, 5:07 pm

Freedom wrote:Most people would not judge him harshly for fiddling his income tax!

It might be interesting to know though why he changed his surname from Twells to Peat, as mentioned in the report about his conviction.
Also why is Amber's name Peat? Her mother married Peat 2 years ago but if he changed his name when he moved after getting out of jail, say, she would have taken his original name. Maybe he adopted her under his new name. All very odd.

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 03 Jun 2015, 5:54 pm

Cause of death hanging.

Amber Peat: Body confirmed as missing 13-year-old girl

11 minutes ago

From the section Nottingham

A body found in a Nottinghamshire town has been confirmed by police as missing 13-year-old Amber Peat.

Amber disappeared from her home in Bosworth Street in Mansfield on Saturday, following a family holiday.

A body was discovered by police officers on Tuesday near some houses in Westfield Lane, about a mile from where she lived.

Supt Matt McFarlane, who co-ordinated the search, said the cause of death was hanging.

Amber's death is not being treated as suspicious by police.

Earlier, tributes were paid to the teenager.

Mike Smith, principal at Queen Elizabeth's Academy, said: "Amber has been a student at the school since September.

"Academically bright, she has been in the choir and has loved singing and dancing. Amber has been happy at the academy."

The teenager's parents, Kelly and Danny Peat, said the family had just returned from a holiday in Cornwall when Amber went missing following an argument about a household chore.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-32996179

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 03 Jun 2015, 5:55 pm

How???  I thought it was near roads and where people walked past?? I don't understand it, very sad, RIP Amber.

Sometimes you will never know the true value of a moment until it becomes a memory.......... Dr Seuss
candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 03 Jun 2015, 6:06 pm

Blimey. 

Tragic but still very odd though.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

The case of Amber Peat - Page 3 Empty Re:Another Missing Teenager-Amber Peat-Body now found.

Post  costello Wed 03 Jun 2015, 6:11 pm

This is horrific, so maybe her body wasn't found on the ground, surely if the area had been checked this would also include trees etc.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  TheTruthWillOut Wed 03 Jun 2015, 6:25 pm

costello wrote:This is horrific, so maybe her body wasn't found on the ground, surely if the area had been checked this would also include trees etc.

Sadly I believe it is quite possible to hang yourself sitting down but would imagine it would take a massive amount of will and be the absolute last option.

I just can't believe a 13 year old girl would go to these lengths over a small disagreement about cleaning a sandwich box.

RIP, whatever the reasons.
TheTruthWillOut
TheTruthWillOut

Back to top Go down

The case of Amber Peat - Page 3 Empty Re:Another Missing Teenager-Amber Peat-Body Found.

Post  costello Wed 03 Jun 2015, 6:43 pm

Her body was found by two police officers in an area well hidden. As you say TWO, difficult to understand a young girl ending her life over something so trivial, in my opinion.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  PMR Wed 03 Jun 2015, 7:14 pm

Several years ago I worked for a council, we used to do a lot of work in a road layby which was boardered by woodland. A missing male was found hanging quite close to this layby having been there several months ,we realised several of us must have been really close to him on a lot of occasions, and he was wearing an ankle tag !
PMR
PMR

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 03 Jun 2015, 7:16 pm

Questions are being asked today about how it took three days to discover the body of missing Amber Peat as it emerged the schoolgirl was found hanging in a hedge in the middle of a housing estate. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3108949/Tributes-Amber-Peat-body-park-near-home.html
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  candyfloss Wed 03 Jun 2015, 7:31 pm

Andrew wrote:Questions are being asked today about how it took three days to discover the body of missing Amber Peat as it emerged the schoolgirl was found hanging in a hedge in the middle of a housing estate. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3108949/Tributes-Amber-Peat-body-park-near-home.html

As tributes poured in for the youngster today, locals have asked why it took three days to find Amber's body, with many saying that they had passed the site multiple times without noticing anything amiss. More than 400 police officers were involved in the search operation.

One resident Yolanda Cassidy, who lives nearby, told the BBC: 'It is a very public area. I went shopping on Monday and walked across there. People are back and forth, it's a nearly a main road, people go up and down, I can't believe she's been there since Saturday.'

Donna Jones added: 'I went out looking for her yesterday and I walked past here with my dogs and there was nothing to say she was there.'

And neighbour Neil Matthews said: 'I woke up on Monday night and looked out of the window. It was a full moon and the bushes were lit up but I didn't see anything. It is strange to think a 13-year-old cannot be seen.'
One resident Yolanda Cassidy, who lives nearby, told the BBC: 'It is a very public area. I went shopping on Monday and walked across there. People are back and forth, it's a nearly a main road, people go up and down, I can't believe she's been there since Saturday.

One resident Yolanda Cassidy, who lives nearby, told the BBC: 'It is a very public area. I went shopping on Monday and walked across there. People are back and forth, it's a nearly a main road, people go up and down, I can't believe she's been there since Saturday.'

The case of Amber Peat - Page 3 29541AFD00000578-3108949-image-a-89_1433346109508

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3108949/Tributes-Amber-Peat-body-park-near-home.html#ixzz3c1cDdas5

Very strange that no one noticed

candyfloss
candyfloss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 03 Jun 2015, 10:23 pm

Blood settles in the body in the part closest to the ground after death. If this poor girl did indeed die from hanging then the pathologist would be able to tell as much because the blood in her body would have pooled in her legs and feet. If there is any evidence that she died elsewhere, perhaps from strangulation, and the hanging was to cover up evidence of strangulation, then her body would have had to have been kept in a position completely the same as the way it was discovered in the trees, in order for the blood to have settled correctly. If her blood is found to have settled in any other way, then that will prove she did not die in that place.

Sorry to be so graphic, but that would be one thing the pathologist would be looking for.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 03 Jun 2015, 11:11 pm

Just a reminder that the PM has established hanging as the cause of death. There has yet to be an inquest to come to a verdict of suicide. It might be unlikely, but it is maybe a tragic possibility that if Amber was sleeping rough and hiding, and wearing a hoodie with a drawstring closing, she could have accidentally caught it on a branch and in trying to extricate herself, tightened it.

The forensics will have clues as to whether this was a suicide and the police enquiries should establish issues with family and friends.

Might I add that when I looked at the lurid speculation over photos of Amber, on CMOMM, and the comments by Tony, I was reminded of how right my decision was to leave that place. For once I agree with Aquila in her comments.

RIP Amber.

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 04 Jun 2015, 9:56 am

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 04 Jun 2015, 9:59 am

I shouldn't jump to conclusions I know but, speaking generally, I feel that an adult who starves an animal to death is likely to be guilty of far worse things too.

Last edited by Freedom on Thu 04 Jun 2015, 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  chirpyinsect Thu 04 Jun 2015, 10:00 am

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Thu 04 Jun 2015, 10:09 am

No not a nice chap at all.

Talking more like 300k on the second fraud case (not the 200k what was reported). Went to prison for an earlier fraud case as well. (defrauding a family member).

All round nasty chap by all accounts.

I grew up not that far from Belper and did a bit of digging last night. Well spoke to a very old mate who still resides down there.

Won't say anymore.

Mods - delete that if you wish as I guess it shouldn't be on an open forum?

Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

The case of Amber Peat - Page 3 Empty Re:Another Teenager Missing-Amber Peat -Body Found.

Post  costello Thu 04 Jun 2015, 10:20 am

There is no excuse for animal cruelty in my book.
costello
costello

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu 04 Jun 2015, 12:29 pm

Very tragic and very strange. Maybe I've just become super cynical, but I think there is a lot more to this story, and after viewing the video of her mum and step dad, I immediately felt suspicious about them. The whole story just does not really add up.

Very sad though Sad

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Thu 04 Jun 2015, 12:34 pm

It is very hard not to be cynical now, not just due to the McCanns, but because of the many other cases where the "nearest and dearest" to the victim or missing person turned out to know exactly what had happened.
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed 10 Jun 2015, 8:19 pm

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 10 Jun 2015, 8:26 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-33063669

This article says 'most likely'.......

Seems very odd to me.
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Wed 10 Jun 2015, 8:28 pm

They either found her hung or they didn't.....
Andrew
Andrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Freedom Wed 10 Jun 2015, 8:46 pm

I presume it will be confirmed by the result of further tests when the inquest reconvenes. I suppose it's possible (not saying it is what happened of course) that Amber also took an overdose of something.

Last edited by Freedom on Wed 10 Jun 2015, 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited to make better sense)
Freedom
Freedom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next